PDA

View Full Version : XP Gain Bug

Crest
23-06-04, 13:56
So I am doing mobs, hunting away need 1 mill to level ... Look again need 400k to level ...look again only 3k ... another look and I am there ... Except I not hear my ping ....

Look again I need 1 million to level ... this happened again then I relogged and it went through and pinged ....

Anyone get that, know about that. this is the second time I have seen this happen though

Original monk
23-06-04, 14:27
So I am doing mobs, hunting away need 1 mill to level ... Look again need 400k to level ...look again only 3k ... another look and I am there ... Except I not hear my ping ....

Look again I need 1 million to level ... this happened again then I relogged and it went through and pinged ....

Anyone get that, know about that. this is the second time I have seen this happen though

yes this has been said before iirc a week back orso, but i dunno the real mechanics or details

im sure someone will explain :)

slaughteruall
23-06-04, 14:28
It's been happening with tradeskillers forever and a day. I have seen it before on my monks iwth INT XP.

Slaughter

Original monk
23-06-04, 14:34
It's been happening with tradeskillers forever and a day. I have seen it before on my monks iwth INT XP.

Slaughter

yeah, i remember, sumthing with 3 xp to go and then it gets stuck and when ya relog or sumthing ya loose the xp ya allready gained or sumthing ...

i dont remember exactly but when ya need 3 more xp ya need to buy some items from a store until ya level those 3 xp :)

or sumthing :P

Freya
23-06-04, 14:35
as for tradeskillers, i belive once it hangs up at like 3 xp just go kill something and it will ping over

slaughteruall
23-06-04, 14:48
as for tradeskillers, i belive once it hangs up at like 3 xp just go kill something and it will ping over

Not a easy thing to do for a TL 211 resser. I just buy some substance. I have had to punch a few roaches to do it one time tho i was almost out of money.

Freya will this ever be sorted? Tradeskillers need to be able to lvl off trade skilling. Nothing like resser for a batch job and watching TV or realise that you should of lvl'd god knows how long ago. Also how about decreasing the ress time a little. It takes to long to ress a low TL item that can be CST'd instantly. It takes my TL 211 resser like 20 secs(dont know the exact number) to do a wep 9 BP, but it's instant for a TL 130 CST. Probally instant for a lower TL CST i'm just not sure.

Slaughter

Crest
23-06-04, 16:42

This happened on my monk while hunting .. .I have seen it on my constructor too, where it gets to level point and stops, my monk actually went back the exp points ...as though the client was managing the exp ... and then the server said, wait thats wrong here is my exp level.

SynC_187
23-06-04, 16:57
I get a freeze on XP on both my conster and resser after 2 or 3 BP's/builds.

Zoning starts in going again, but I don't seem to gain the XP I missed. Means leveling with a tradeskill is pointless.

Rob01m
23-06-04, 17:15
Yes, I've had this happen to me too.

Is it a bug? Or is it a feature to stop people from hammering the start button for days to cap? (Before they implemented the jumping processor box.)

SynC_187
23-06-04, 17:34
Yes, I've had this happen to me too.

Is it a bug? Or is it a feature to stop people from hammering the start button for days to cap? (Before they implemented the jumping processor box.)

Yeah, but after 2 or 3 items is a bit harsh...

Sleawer
23-06-04, 17:36
I get some sort of XP calculation bug while researching aswell. When I hit enought exp to lvl up in the next process, it freezes as usual (anti-macro thing I guess), but recently happened that when I go to a shop to buy something or kill a roach, instead leveling up my INT xp goes backwards considerably:

21.829.020 to 21.807.072, this happened 5 mins ago. Next level is at 21.829.024.

I noticed also that the xp gain for researching is higher at first process, decreasing to a constant ammount after the second.

Thing is I never leveled my tradeskiller characters by their natural skills, instead I somewhat gimped them with combat implants and did like everyone else, fought mobs at caves. With the new XP rebalancing I thought it might be worth to give it a try, but seems a bit bugged yet.

EDIT

Just a little update, I researched another E part and exp went again to 21.829.020, so I bought a coco candy and now I'm stucked at 21.829.024-020, going back and forward 4 points and not getting a lvl; relogging did nothing, killing roaches did not help either, altho I gain money due my low combat rank heh.

Seems uttely bugged, I lost the little hope I had in tradeskills :(
Problem is I don't have any weapon skill in this char, nor I do want to get any...

EDIT2

Seems some sort of miscalculation of the true total experience, I kept researching more parts (10 E's more) and relogged, after straight I killed a roach and my INT went up.

I'm happy it is fixed for me, but pehaps KK can find a way less annoying to deal with this O_o

le noob
23-06-04, 18:56
yeah when your a few short but you know you .. say ressed 3 more techs when it said you only needed 3 dammm xp
you can also just buy something in a store if you do not have teh skills to go kill something cuz you are pure tradeskill

NexusPlexus
23-06-04, 20:58
And why the hell do I lose exp when i fail a research?

with eg. a tl105 (or so) item, to successfully research the item i get 33k in exp, great. But if I fail the attempt then I lose about 10k. Then if i fail in the very next attempt I'll lose another 6k about.

And this is with tl163 in research. I say it's pretty frustrating -no- actually it pisses me off. o_O

Sleawer
23-06-04, 23:23
My problem was that once I reached the exp point of killing a roach, it did not want to level up, not killing various roaches nor buying some stuff. Actually it went down after I bought a candy to level up, and when I regained the experience it got stuck at the level limit. At last I leveled up by researching several techs more and trying the roach kill again.

This leads me to believe in some sort of XP miscalculation, so when it says that you have achieved certain ammount of experience points, in reality you have less.

Also iirc the xp loss for a failed research is regained in the next successfull process, experience gain (via mob) or after a relog/synch (not sure about this last tho).

J. Folsom
23-06-04, 23:29
My problem was that once I reached the exp point of killing a roach, it did not want to level up, not killing various roaches nor buying some stuff. Actually it went down after I bought a candy to level up, and when I regained the experience it got stuck at the level limit. At last I leveled up by researching several techs more and trying the roach kill again.

This leads me to believe in some sort of XP miscalculation, so when it says that you have achieved certain ammount of experience points, in reality you have less.

Also iirc the xp loss for a failed research is regained in the next successfull process, experience gain (via mob) or after a relog/synch (not sure about this last tho).
Yes, all those problems (Well, except your experience getting stuck and only raising by doing something else then the tradeskill), seem to be caused by a client-side miscalculation on the experience, usually this is only very noticable as a tradeskiller, as you always have your RPOS open, and are because of that likely to be seeing your experience raise.

It happens with all skills you use from what I've seen, presumable the client forgets to take something in account, much like the bouncy health bug seems to forget to take into account your resists.

Either way, you never actually lose experience, you just seem to do so. The only thing which ever causes you to lose experience in Neocron is LoM pills.