PDA

View Full Version : PvM clans, do they exist?

Maarten
23-06-04, 13:37
I am looking for a clan on Uranus which is not interested in killing other runners or taking ops. I want a clan to go hunting with and have a good time.
Do these clans exist? I'm asking it here, because when I asked it ingame, I got stupid responses like "go play another game" or "stfu carebear".

So if you are in a PvM clan or know one, post here or send me a PM.

And I know some people don't like the idea of a PvM clan because "this game evolves around PvP", but keep that discussion in another topic plz...

ezza
23-06-04, 13:38
they must exist, i mean there are a few on saturn that are based more on hunting etc rather than the pvp, so im sure uranus also has em.

Benjie
23-06-04, 13:39
Actually they do exist.
They're just clans who don't take outposts or engage in PvP, and don't intend to.
Because of that they are not feared so are not well known.
The atmosphere is almost always very casual and very friendly.
Quite a nice thing to be a part of actually.

Maarten
23-06-04, 13:43
That is what I'm looking for, but who knows one on Uranus?

Jeros82
23-06-04, 15:31
I would like to start one, my only problem is that ....... Well you know what's wrong with my APU :D

SilentEye
23-06-04, 15:33
What'd ya think of 'Ghetto' ?

stebedford
23-06-04, 15:36
There are clans on uranus like that, like my clan :D (Rangers - Fallen Angels)

well, we go on clan hunts and go to op fights too, op fights are just for a little fun, we support our faction too, so if they call for support we go to help, but i dont force anyone to go to op wars, they only go if they want to.

If you need some more help gimme a shout ingame or send me a message. Im sure i could find you a clan that would suite you

ou7blaze
23-06-04, 15:41
Basically all clans do PvP AND PvM at some point, i mean u have to , to cap or level or for farming rares.

It's just there are different clans doing it more than others.

As for uranus, ill probably say e.Xtreme ;)

Codrum
23-06-04, 16:55
PvM and rareparts hunting are all my clan does,.... course, I'm the only one in my clan ;)

SorkZmok
23-06-04, 17:02
There mujst be some, but i can't think of any atm.

As for Ghetto and eX, i wouldn't join clans who have ANYTHING to do with NCAT, you'll just get into trouble.

ou7blaze
23-06-04, 17:40
awwww :(

SilentEye
23-06-04, 17:51
As for Ghetto and eX, i wouldn't join clans who have ANYTHING to do with NCAT, you'll just get into trouble.
Haha! That's very funny to hear, me being a Ghetto member.

Maarten
23-06-04, 18:13
Hmm, Crahn doesn't sound like the right faction for a PvM clan... ;)

steweygrrr
23-06-04, 18:53
Hmm, Crahn doesn't sound like the right faction for a PvM clan... ;)

Well you've been in one before back when we were CA. And when you played Spurky more often :p ;)

Basically we only op-war vs NTWA.....erm NCAT nowadays and thats only because they seem to have forgotten the system of faction allies. Ah well, they count as mobs now anyway, they drop whole rares for us.

ATM we are experiencing a spurt of growth i.e people rolling noobs, but pretty much we are a PvM clan too.

Nidhogg
23-06-04, 19:21
Keep to the topic but don't discuss clans.

N

darknessfairy
23-06-04, 20:13
try legio xx (protopharm clan, im a member :) )

We do clan hunting nights, and things like that, and also if your on and nothing is planned, then you can just shout out "who wants to come [insert name of mob here]ing" and someone is bound to reply.

We do have NF nights too, and we once tried to take ops...but i personally don't participate in that, my model of tank hasnt been upgraded to "PvP mode" yet :p

Maarten
23-06-04, 20:30
What clan was that again, Stewey? Ronins?

Does LegioXX have any plans for the future about taking OPs?

darknessfairy
23-06-04, 21:15
erm tbh i don't know maarten...you would have to speak to Dirk Gently or Jason Blood, they are the co-leaders of the clan.

As i stated before, i don't get involved in that side of things myself personally

-FN-
23-06-04, 21:18
One day a long time ago while farming a Hazard Worm, I really wanted to start a clan that I would've called:

NWPA: Neocron Wildlife Protection Agency

Our goals would've been to go around protecting all the non-robotic forms of Neocron Wildlife. Sheltering and Deflecting them, fending off runners who would keel them for the experience, creating human sheilds around mobs like those treehuggers in the EPA do, that sort of thing.

Not exactly a PvM clan, maybe a PsM (saving instead of versus)... Anyway I'm rambling. I don't know of any such clans on Pluto - but it doesn't mean they don't exist. Good luck!

steweygrrr
23-06-04, 21:27
What clan was that again, Stewey? Ronins?

Does LegioXX have any plans for the future about taking OPs?

Check the sig dude ;)

Doc Holliday
23-06-04, 21:31
Check the sig dude ;)

bit difficult to read ;)

as for the clan of asshats silenteye mentioned. all they do is "try" to pk or gang ********. well tell me something changed but last time i was on uranus they did. ask dribble about em at mb.

darknessfairy
23-06-04, 21:32
it says "rangers" for anyone who's spending half hour tryin to read it

VetteroX
23-06-04, 22:52
good time without pvp....? how is that possible? luckily les cant make clans, so sooner or later you will have to defend yourselves.

amfest
23-06-04, 23:00
good time without pvp....? how is that possible?
Yea it's called hanging with friends without the use of violence on people as a bonding experince. Imagine that ;)

FuzzyDuck
23-06-04, 23:03
I have a crahn Clan (Fur) who consists of just a few friends and me, we only really do PvM (MC5, DoY tunnels, Worm Tunnels etc etc). Give me a DM or mail in game or something:

Klinker
Lolipop
Nate Fisher
JamesDuck

Xylaz
23-06-04, 23:09
good time without pvp....? how is that possible?

hahahaha awesome

I will probably never know if u're really that much retarded or just pretending, but its always FUN to watch your posts nonetheless.

steweygrrr
23-06-04, 23:22
it says "rangers" for anyone who's spending half hour tryin to read it

*gives DF a cookie*

Sig courtesy of Naimex

stebedford
24-06-04, 00:07
Well Maarten its up to you basically, there is a certain CA clan thats just a front for a TG clan that goes round pking everyone including its faction allies which is lame in my opinion cos they wont even listen to their faction counsillor.

Theres BD clans that go round killing everyone by being in big numbers and taking lots of ops. Theres clans that play this game just for fun (like my clan) but theres not many clans that do ONLY PvM, unless you wanna join a trade skill clan.

Best thing may be to simply ask a few clans what they do, look at the world map (to see whos takin all the ops) and maybe just try some clans out, if you dont like them, just leave. It is possible to have fun without pvp, its just that most people take this game too seriously, they forget that its JUST A GAME

Maarten
24-06-04, 00:26
I've been having fun with this game without PvP for over 15 months now. I'm just getting tired of always doing everything with 1 or 2 people...

Fuzzy, sounds interesting, but I don't think Crahn is such a good idea. They have too many enemies.

stebedford, I could do that. But what I'm trying to do here is to avoid being put on a kos list just because I have a certain name above my head. Clans who PvP will always get on someones kos list. So I'm basically looking for the big group of people who is a friend of everyone. ;)

But there are always assholes who will kill you anyway and I'm aware of that. So you don't have to explain to me that I will never be able to manage never getting killed without a le. I just want to avoid it as much as possible.

ichinin
24-06-04, 08:42
Mty clan.. or rather me, is always out collecting rares. Dont do anything else, except oblitterate away from PKers and tradeskill in the city.

Spikadelia
24-06-04, 12:54
Read this thread with interest.

I'm just pants when I've tried PvP and thought about setting up a dedicated PvM clan. "Rarehunters"......... "Rare-Bears" ? I have two tradeskiller mules all levelled that I use just sat in a Biotech clan already. No one could say that tackling MC5 or the lvl 3 DoY tunnels wouldn't be a challenge.

Let me know how you do on this one.

In-game DM or email my tank Buster Bloodvessel, I'm currently working through some of the epics.

;)

Maarten
24-06-04, 15:55
When I've found a good PvM clan, I will post it here. If I can't find one, but I know there are a lot of people looking for one, I'll create one.

r3yka
24-06-04, 17:38
N.E.X.T - Conster - Club = N.C.C

traderr clan

Maarten
27-06-04, 23:45
I've checked that NCC clan and it appeared that dghost (an old buddy of mine) was a co-leader. I'm gonna faction hop and join that clan to see how it goes. If anyone else is also interested in a PvM clan, why don't we all join the same clan so we can all have fun together.

Mr_Snow
28-06-04, 00:00
PvM when they are actively holding OPs?
I know that its a lab and a factory but somebody is always going to want to take them.
Oh and is that the origional aces high in N.C.C or a name stealer?He will never answer me when I ask him for whatever reason.

Doc Holliday
28-06-04, 00:09
its not the original aces high. hes long gone. its same name as a mark of respect for the guy. and im showing my age in this game remembering one of the most famous constructors of his time ;)

Psycho Killa
28-06-04, 00:13
NWPA: Neocron Wildlife Protection Agency

ROFL Im all for it. You make the clan I'll join it. Though we should fight back against the evil doers who refuse to listen to us. After all there is such a thing as eco terrorist :lol:

Omg that would be so much fun haahha.

amfest
28-06-04, 00:24
NWPA would sound like a crazy clan . . . I can see it now. You see them coming as your'e leveling and you're like .. oh crap! . .don't kill it .. .leave it and run!.

EDIT: what would be a good faction for NWPA though? .. heh

Psycho Killa
28-06-04, 00:30
What about a cranh clan who is devoted to the earth and protecting it at all costs. Almost all religions have little offshoot divisions to it.

Other then that only diamond I can see doing it just about everyone else makes absolutely no sense diamond is the only one that wouldnt neccesarily be the first to come to mind but doesnt have a good reason not to do it.

The other factions are to hostile/ have conflicting interests. (Testing on animals, next pollutes etc.)

amfest
28-06-04, 00:35
What about a cranh clan who is devoted to the earth and protecting it at all costs. Almost all religions have little offshoot divisions to it.

Other then that only diamond I can see doing it just about everyone else makes absolutely no sense diamond is the only one that wouldnt neccesarily be the first to come to mind but doesnt have a good reason not to do it.

The other factions are to hostile/ have conflicting interests. (Testing on animals, next pollutes etc.)
Crahn sounds good . . . though I think diamond would be the one to donate funds to NWPA because they are the richie real estate people who give money to charities and wildlife protection stuff. heh. So it could technically be a double clan thing. Diamond provides the resources (weapons, money, trades) and Crahn actualy does the work of protection ;)

[F6]Knight
28-06-04, 00:44
ok, i can understand that you wanna do lots of PvM and have fun without too much risk of dying but imho its much more interesting to be in a clan that does both without pressure (yea yea i m referring to the rangers again since i m an active member there myself ... since i came back from my neocron break ^^)
but i m sure there must be other clans too where you arent forced to go to OP fights for example
cause now whenever i m on there is a good chance i find someone to go hunting
even if we r with 2 we manage, we just check out how many ppl we got and what classes and then we choose a good hunting spot
for example when i m leveling my tank with a PPU or hybrid as backup we can take some risks and i can take quite a few hits in medium/close comat since i get healed a lot
but when you got 2 spies together you might wanna find a spot where you can hunt from far away with long range rifles.
so plz dont think that hunting with 2 ppl all the time is boring
start out with 2 and several times more will join after a while if you have at least some communication over clanchat. other members who come online will see it and might ask where you are hunting to come join the fun.

but when there are OP fights i consider them as a chance to do something else besides PvM hunting
ok, a lot of OP 'fights' are seriously disappointing since you ll be standing there and no enemy will actually show up ... but when they do and you dont get killed after 10 seconds you can have a lot more fun than in a PvM fight
or even have a nice thrill while waiting for the last hack to finish while you got only 5 ppl at the OP and all of them besides the hacker are nervously targetting the UG :D

Thats the great thing about a clan that does lots of PvM AND some PvP for fun. if it aint forced you can do whatever you feel like and still try the other thing (pvp in your case) when you r in the mood or wanna check how your char holds up against other runners.(neofrag sux for this, nobody is afraid to die ... its just a bunch of headless chickens running around)

and like others said: try out a few clans. if they r not what you r looking for then you can always move on.
but imho you should always keep the option for PvP open since its a whole diffirent experience than PvM

Maarten
28-06-04, 14:55
I know what PvP has to offer and a fair OP fight is great fun. But that is not what I'm avoiding here. What I want to avoid is being on a KOS radar. Joining the Rangers (which are Fallen Angels) will automatically put me on the KOS list of all Black Dragon, Crahn Sect and Tangent clans.

I don't hate PvP. I just hate being ganked... Being in a clan that has enemies because of OP fights, increases the chances of getting ganked.

steweygrrr
28-06-04, 19:45
I know what PvP has to offer and a fair OP fight is great fun. But that is not what I'm avoiding here. What I want to avoid is being on a KOS radar. Joining the Rangers (which are Fallen Angels) will automatically put me on the KOS list of all Black Dragon, Crahn Sect and Tangent clans.

I don't hate PvP. I just hate being ganked... Being in a clan that has enemies because of OP fights, increases the chances of getting ganked.

And as a one time offer TG as well =/. I'm telling you, we were holding Jeriko last night and no less that FIVE factions turned up... PP, TG, Crahn, BD and TT.

But we have a few good things going for us. Because we are one biguberclan really (ROCK ON UA!) there is always someone willing to help you. We are a very close knit community. You got ganked? Just say when and where and there will be some nice enemy belts in the vicinity not long after. Need a skiller? Yell and 20 will come running. Want random inane but amazingly fun babble? Turn on faction chat (WTS: EVS BODY....WTB MARAHS!! (sex rah))....oh and Iggi's (captain iglo) events rock. He just makes up these live runs on the spot (last one was a game of chance. He venturewarped to somewhere, then put a call on faction to gather at the BT VW. We got there and the aim of the game was to get closest to him. Whoever did won a million NC ^^)

greendonkeyuk
28-06-04, 21:18
And as a one time offer TG as well =/. I'm telling you, we were holding Jeriko last night and no less that FIVE factions turned up... PP, TG, Crahn, BD and TT.

omg stewey how terrible, were you ok.... jeez i hope you were. those nasty tangents and their naughty toys. All those awful drug dealers too, what terrible people they were.

You ought to have been on our side of the lame alliance m8, we dealt with that shit nightly. Pvm clans the only one i know of is (or was) grim sisters. I didnt know dghost still played tbh maarten if you see him tell him billy said hi.

steweygrrr
28-06-04, 23:15
omg stewey how terrible, were you ok.... jeez i hope you were. those nasty tangents and their naughty toys. All those awful drug dealers too, what terrible people they were.

You ought to have been on our side of the lame alliance m8, we dealt with that shit nightly. Pvm clans the only one i know of is (or was) grim sisters. I didnt know dghost still played tbh maarten if you see him tell him billy said hi.

Oh I wasn't complaining

It was fun =)

Mr_Snow
29-06-04, 20:01
Oh I wasn't complaining

It was fun =)

[ edited ]

One question is United Angels the way round the SSC no mergers with a name changed to anything but SSC rule?

Freya
29-06-04, 20:05
keep it in game