PDA

View Full Version : Omfg Nerf Teh Slash0r

cRazy2003
23-06-04, 12:07
if that title didnt get your attention then your a bitch for not taking notice of incredibly intresting and well thought out titles, bitch.

anyways

and before you ask or say it out anyways no i didnt get pwn3d by a slasher and therefore am crying nerf. it was more i was noticing how other peoples health was going down at quite a formidably high rate of speed. all weapons should have a weakness for example, ray of god, quite good damage, long range, but, damage decreases over range, short clip, and it drains quite a bit of stam when your blowing the shit out of things, etc, so on and so forth.

BUT

the slasher is just fucking incredible (i never use pistols, or never have much, or have gotten bored and have ended up still using a medicent smg on a rank 40 PE, so i asume the slasher is that pulselazer pistol thingy crap)

but what the shit, seriously, it has

INCREDIBLE rate of speed, it even seems faster then the libby to me.
A LOT OF DAMAGE, it does a lot of damage.

the spy who i noticed it off will know who he/she (pwn3d) is, when i was doing my usual buff up to full and start running around the person attacking me while he/she blindingly attacks me until im at low health and run out again, the slasher fucking owned, it seemed the clip never fecking ran out, one burst and it took down about a quarter of my health, the rof was just incredible, ive still to know about aiming and distance, and shit, but by what i saw it must'nt be bad. (and dont start saying OMG dont make nerf threads before you know everything about it, then you sir, are a bitch, because im talking in pvp terms, bitch)

so im not crying nerf, well i suppose i am but its incredibly powerful, and compared to its high tl rifles its blows them out of the wat0r. and most of the other rare pistols to.

so what do YOU think?

]v[ortice
23-06-04, 12:09
No Chance.

Healing Light does twice the damage.

Sort that out first.

Maarten
23-06-04, 12:10
If the Slasher is so powerful, then why are all the drugged PE's using the Exec instead of the Slasher?

Dribble Joy
Yes it is insane, too strong for it's TL.

Up the dmg (yes up) and make it tl 125.

ezza
but i watched a mate who aint super skilled or nothing, and between him and my hybrid, we wiped out 5 or 6 people np.

slasher is a deadly weapon, but for a TL115(?) weapon i think it should be the win

maybe slight tonedown

cRazy2003
23-06-04, 12:11
If the Slasher is so powerful, then why are all the drugged PE's using the Exec instead of the Slasher?

because the exec is more powerful then the slasher.
this brings us on to your point.

Dribble Joy
23-06-04, 12:13
Partly because the drugging PEs have not 'discovered' the slasher as of yet and party due to the aiming style.
The slasher is a 'continuous' burst style weapon, where as the exec is more of a one hit wonder, meaning getting the same dmg out put despite taking longer to aim each blast.

Koshinn
23-06-04, 12:14
The slasher is a tl115 energy liberator. No the rof isn't greater than a liberator but you can actually see the shots so it seems higher than a liberator (that you cannot see). If slasher drained stamina it'd be worse. But alas, tc rare pistols never drain stamina, although their non-rare counterparts do (example, RoLH does not drain stamina, Black Sun drains a lot). Strange, isn't it?

Scikar
23-06-04, 12:19
It is essentially identical to the Lib in most respects. Same RoF, but turns out lower due to the higher reqs, same dodgy aiming, same missing half the shots in a burst. Damage is awesome, but acceptable in the hands of spies. Even though a spy can get pretty good defence, they still can't match a PE. A spy on Exec or Slasher is roughly equal to a CS Tank or an Exec PE from my experience.

Btw, the clip only appears to never run out if you get shot overlap from the RoF going too high. If this spy was getting such a high RoF then I would be tending to think he/she skipped the Inq defence. Regardless of whether a spy goes for the Inq or not, if you're not put off by the offence they have they'll go down almost like APUs do. They'll take a little more punishment, but they don't deal HL damage.

Koshinn
23-06-04, 12:22
Regardless of whether a spy goes for the Inq or not, if you're not put off by the offence they have they'll go down almost like APUs do. They'll take a little more punishment, but they don't deal HL damage.

But they can stealth. omg wtf nerf teh spy.
But really, Scikar is right, it is a liberator on crack. If you hit with every burst (and 3-4 shots per burst too) it seems overpowered, but no one is gonna do that. Exec is a lot more forgiving, and deals force/energy/___ damage which makes it kill monks, tanks and spies easier than a slasher. PEs cap force/pierce so it would be less effective than a slasher.

cRazy2003
23-06-04, 12:26
when did exec come into this? i lost count.
but im talking more about pistol spies who use the slasher, in other words people who dont have to drug, and isnt the exec a lower tl?

Scikar
23-06-04, 12:28
But they can stealth. omg wtf nerf teh spy.
But really, Scikar is right, it is a liberator on crack. If you hit with every burst (and 3-4 shots per burst too) it seems overpowered, but no one is gonna do that. Exec is a lot more forgiving, and deals force/energy/___ damage which makes it kill monks, tanks and spies easier than a slasher. PEs cap force/pierce so it would be less effective than a slasher.Actually, force damage is pretty much the least effective damage type in the game. Even monks get considerably more force than piercing armor through bones. A Tank who doesn't go completely pure H-C can cap pierce and have very high force armor, and a Spy can get similar protection without sacrificing anything. Part of the reason I don't consider Exec overpowered actually would be that my main is a CS Tank setup with resist force, so I can match the offence and I'm not vulnerable to any of it.

EDIT: Exec and Slasher are both TL113, IIRC.