PDA

View Full Version : Neocron has a great community

Benjie
23-06-04, 11:29
As a community, us Neocron guys and galls are always putting ourselves down. Then if/when we leave the game, we continue to put the community down, and as such a reputation has formed.
Well this is Bollocks! The community demands game balance, this is true; and in turn a whole lot of nerf and boost threads occur, but this is healthy for an mmorpg community.
The community offers suggestions for the game. While some dreadfull others already implamented, this is a sign of interest and dedication towards Neocron; again, healthy.
The community has far many less idiotic forum posters than the average gaming forum I have visited. Most threads I read being detailed and argumentative, and quite often provocative. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it is infact a positive trait that we are intelligent enough to be so well opinionated.
The community is varied, true; but this is mostly due to the cross genre style game Neocron is. Does this cause friction? Yes, I think so; but that is healthy. A community without friction or difference of opinion would be a formal mob, a collective of boring people. If I had to opt for a varied community or a likeminded community I would choose the varied community (all conflicts of opinion included) every time, if not purely for the mental stimulation.
Infact I fail to see anything bad about this community that doesn't appear in any other forum, average or otherwise. I have a post count of over three thousand on this forum and my account is not old at all. The truth being that this forum is so worth posting on for all the reasons I have mentioned and even more reasons I have not mentioned.
This is something I felt needed saying, and I hope it enlightens some of the more discouraged people on these boards

Koshinn
23-06-04, 11:33
I totally agree Benjie. :)

It's also diverse because in no other game are there people across so many national borders.

Also, people are older because it's one of the only MMOs to have an M rating. :)

winnoc
23-06-04, 11:35
It's fun to see different people with different opninions.
I've been reading about second life, and it seems like it's all passive adult sims players there that love building things and chatting.

Seems to me like neocron has more to offer, especialy with doy.

MkVenner
23-06-04, 11:36
yeah, ive played many MMOs and been members on their respective boards,from the boring mindnuming eve forums to the facist dictatorship of the Project Entropia forums, i have yet to find a community quit like the one here. Aload of people say, me included, that one of the main reason they stay in Neocron is becasuse of the community, both here and in game

Rai Wong
23-06-04, 11:39
Nice speech, I have to agree I find myself checking into the Neocron forums daily, because its so good, and in general the game is so crap that most people stay on the forums from FREing or something, so the responses are very quick, and as you said most people in the community are educated, and seem to have more clear posts and members then other forums.

The sad fact is probably we read the forums more then we play the game lol

Original monk
23-06-04, 11:41
to the facist dictatorship of the Project Entropia forums

do ya mean the project entropia pioneers forums ? cause i asked a few questions there when i played PE and they always helped me out kind and fast ya see.

i dont think PE has there own forums even, Mindark (official company) has a little spot on the PE website yeah

wich doesnt make PE a good game ... more of a TRY to steal money out of youre pocket game :)

but to answer benjie's post: its cosey here yeah ... lots of diffrent weird people wich make this community intresting :P

Koshinn
23-06-04, 11:41
The sad fact is probably we read the forums more then we play the game lol

So very much true. Nice sig btw, but I think I said that before.

MkVenner
23-06-04, 11:44
yeah the entropia forums, you probly dont notice it coz they always get deleted. Theres ALOT of favroutism on there, like 5 out of 7 of my soc (clan) are banned coz we said it was out of order that some one got a 20k hof and drained the loot pool for everyone else. Also the IRC is the same. And yes the game is just one big con to take your money while making you beleive your actually playin a fun game

ne way thats not the point

neocron.....community....pwns :D

Benjie
23-06-04, 11:44
its cosey here yeah ... lots of diffrent weird people wich make this community intresting :P
I couldn't have said it better myself. :p

The sad fact is probably we read the forums more then we play the game
Thats certainly true in my case.

formori
23-06-04, 11:46
its the ONLY cyberpunk MMORPG out there and its a good one. as with all groups of people fo get asshats and knobbers but it has much more of a comunity feel to the game. people know and trust each other. there is a good sence of compertition and rivalry thats healthy.

Xylaz
23-06-04, 12:37
Well, basically i dont agree but i aint saying that because Benjie would turn it out to his advantage and said that "this is exactly why this community is so interesting" and so on... :p

J. Folsom
23-06-04, 12:42
Actually, the community here is indeed great, I've thought so for about a year and 3 months now. ;)

It has just the exact right combination of players in it, which gives a nice (Though occasionally quite hateful instead, :p ) varied community. Causing everyone to eventually find someone they like as well.

Scikar
23-06-04, 12:42
I agree, partly, regarding the forum community. For the most part the forum community is as you describe, with a few exceptions.

The in-game community though?

eric-the-ded
23-06-04, 12:50
by far the worst community forum i've ever seen is the lineage 2 official website forums. that forum would make a highschool cheerleader become antisocial.

SilentEye
23-06-04, 12:52
Hey,

Perfectly said Benjie, I totally agree with everything you have said.
And also for me it counts, I read more of the forums and play less of the game, why? I'm waiting for more variation, B:DoY will help us :)

Original monk
23-06-04, 12:59
I agree, partly, regarding the forum community. For the most part the forum community is as you describe, with a few exceptions.

not partly, no exceptions: common tell em: ya wub us ALL !!! :P

:angel:

ingame tough: i guess most of the people here on the forums behave diffrently ingame (well not vett) but most of us :P

we all have our little mask here on the forums he, think the most people are more open ingame (not to say they behave more like animals :P) everyone knows the rules apply double here, with even more strict presence of people maintaining the forumrules, our fellow GM's yeah :)

ingame its the same actually, we all had to sign the contract, but ya hear some weird stuff ingame O_o

phunqe
23-06-04, 14:57
Indeed.

I as well check into the forums when I can, even if I don't play that day.
It is quite amousing and entertaining :p
You always have something to read or comment on :)

Generally (i.e your average thread), in comparison with other forums, this forum's maturity level is high.
Sure, some threads turn into a bbq, but that's just law of physics :p

Clownst0pper
23-06-04, 15:04
Benjie are u trying to get your brownie points up or something?

All the threads youve made recently are crusade threads that do little else to promote yourself as a "respectable" "honest" person.

Personally, I think alot of this community is narrow sighted, and ignorant.

They see a new idea 5 stars, Ignorance seems bliss for most peoples impression of balancing, over criticle, and biased towards those with the largest post count, scammers, verbal abuse to the highest degree, whining.

Its far worse than any MMORPG ive ever come across.

Celt
23-06-04, 15:24
Benjie's post is mostly self serving pap either to make people like him, or create some sort of reputation on the forums/with KK.

The funny people get banned, the intelligent grow arrogant, and the rest cry nerf.

That sums up neocrons community.

Most of the remaining forum users show a rabid fanboism that can only be attributed to neocrons consistent failings and being laughed at by other MMO's.

Is it any worse then other MMO communities?
No.

Does it need Benjie saying "pat yourselves on the back and congratulate yourself on being a part of such a great community :D:D:D:D"?

No.

phunqe
23-06-04, 15:41
The funny people get banned, the intelligent grow arrogant, and the rest cry nerf.

Thank you for the generalisation and observation.

We are greateful for it.

OMG wait I must either be banned or arrogant... aw shit man.. what shall I do.

sanityislost
23-06-04, 15:47
Yea this community is chilled, much better than some of the ones ive been in.
its got loads of weird people which is a plus.

SiL ..:..

[Edit] WTF is with the flame Benjie threads? He is only saying he likes the
place.......benjie = chilled....rawr

ezza
23-06-04, 15:49

well give it a few weeks and ill proberbly be picking up my 3rd and final bannage, so will i get classed as funny then :D

Celt
23-06-04, 16:02
Thank you for the generalisation and observation.

We are greateful for it.

OMG wait I must either be banned or arrogant... aw shit man.. what shall I do.Buy my dear, life is generalisations, we cant comprehend or communicate clearly enough to not use them.

Even maths uses generalisations and has since time immemorial.

Original monk
23-06-04, 16:20
i like it here otherwise i wouldnt be around, still

ok we got some annoying peeps here, but ya have those everywhere :)

and why whine on benjie personally ? cause he posts sumthing positive ?

okaaaaay :rolleyes:

-> altough i must say not everything is sunshine and the smell of roses in the morning on these forums :)

look at my siggy :P

phunqe
23-06-04, 16:28
Problem is I happen to hate generalisations. I do them very seldom, if I cannot get more facts I rather say I don't know or that I need more data for it.

And.... if I get generalised, I tend to bite :p

But I do understand what you mean.

msdong
23-06-04, 16:52
...Personally, I think alot of this community is narrow sighted, and ignorant.

thats why they come here. a lot of ppl didnt recordnise that you have lots of fredom here for an official forum.
even when you disagree you can still post you opinion and dont get flamed at once.

if you want to see a real mess of a forum look at the soldner (http://soldner.jowood.com/forum/) its hell.

Selendor
23-06-04, 19:57
I find it to be an open forum, well moderated, and with some very intelligent people who are sometimes scarily dedicated to this piece of software and its balance. Its also more tight-knit since the population dropped I guess.

Is it the nicest forum I've ever seen? No, but consider the subject matter, its a competitive pvp-orientated game, just about everyone has an axe to grind in some way ;)

Benjie
23-06-04, 21:42
Benjie's post is mostly self serving pap either to make people like him, or create some sort of reputation on the forums/with KK.

Celt.. I already have as many brownie points as I need or want. I'm not in this to be "liked". You are completely wrong. It is an opinion of mine. Please, don't proove me wrong.

Mumblyfish
23-06-04, 21:56
I love this community. For the sake of my schooling, I've tried quitting Neocron twice, but I couldn't. It wasn't for the game. That stopped being fun months ago, with the exception of the odd event. But the people I meet ingame and on the forums are some of the kindest, funniest, and outright greatest people I've seen in an online community. The FUKING, SXR Summit, and soon to come NA meet are classic examples of just how fucking friendly we all are.

All you people slamming the community don't know what you're talking about, or are simply trying to get another point for Benjie Bashing.

ezza
23-06-04, 23:13
well benjie bashing is a popular sport at the moment :D

Benjie
24-06-04, 00:39
well benjie bashing is a popular sport at the moment :D
Yes, I have noticed.

Clownst0pper
24-06-04, 00:47
Yes, I have noticed.

Thats because you are continually making tripe promotional threads that are far from productive and constructive.

Neocron has a great community? Any mole can see it clearly hasnt.

It has "some" good community players, the rest are as celt says

Original monk
24-06-04, 09:09
It has "some" good community players, the rest are as celt says

every single person in this community is atleast as important as another.

"some" good community players rofl, youre talking about yourself probably :)

ichinin
24-06-04, 09:49
Actually i have seen a better discussion forum (as in game discussion)

The Superpower (aka Globalpower) forum, people there are very into politics and discussing that on .. various levels. Some even roleplay in a singleplayer game such as superpower. (a nice game that had me hooked for months.)

As for Project Entropia, that game is IMO so rigged (mobs become immortal and run away, or are "tossed" away from the player) - i'd rather lead a police investigation against it than play it. It has no or close to zero content and the game has only like 2 PvP zones. A complete waste of time.

Original monk
24-06-04, 10:42
As for Project Entropia, that game is IMO so rigged (mobs become immortal and run away, or are "tossed" away from the player) - i'd rather lead a police investigation against it than play it. It has no or close to zero content and the game has only like 2 PvP zones. A complete waste of time.

there are 3 pvp zones now, but for the rest youre completrely right :P

to pvp: i aint paying 2500$ to buy myself a decent armour ROFL, im crazy, but not THAT crazy :)

i got myself some middleclass gear (vigi armour, as-117, langanaus cannon, mk4 etc) and started wacking some mobs but thats about the onlything ya can do over there ... how can ya pvp when the other person has a medikit that fully heals em for free in 1 second :) while i gotta pay some cents to get 15 hp extra :)

its obvious that he's medikit costs about 1000$ and mine about 50 cents :P

rip off hehe