PDA

View Full Version : Zip Line

amfest
23-06-04, 11:11
This is more something that has to do with my other thread about fall dmg being put back in. But what about adding in a Zip Line you can use from a high place to get to a lower place. Of course it'd have a reach limit and it would take a bit of time to use. It would be a two shot process. First you would have to shoot the gun into a cliff wall near you or into the ground at the edge of the cliff. Then you'd have to shoot at the other cliff within range at a lower angle than the starting point. Once done you just right click and slide down to the other side. Once on the other side you can right click on the end and the line is pulled back for retrival and ready to shoot again.

The actual freq on the gun would be sorta slow so it's more a get into position gun than a escape gun although ideas spring ot mind to have preparation.

Let's say you're going to attack people from cliff A on one side so you head to the back side of the cliff and setup a zip line to cliff B . .head to other side and begin firing down on victims .. when they head up the cliff you run to the other side take the zip line and retract it.

Rai Wong
23-06-04, 11:21
there are not too many cliffs in the game and it would be hard to implement, especially for kk, and I'd much prefer having jet backs that can propel you up for a short amount of time. Like in gundam, you can't really fly but it gives you really high jumps.

its a pity I did like all your other ideas, but there is something unsleek about this idea.

amfest
23-06-04, 11:41
its a pity I did like all your other ideas, but there is something unsleek about this idea
Can't win them all :p

Well who's to say really what is hard to implement or not. Personally I'm not so sure about jetpacks. Last thing I want is individual runners bouncing up and down around -_-;;

Judge
23-06-04, 12:57
Jetpacks for PEs. :D :D

amfest
23-06-04, 22:12
Oh yeah .. you wouldn't have to use it just with a cliff. You could use it from building to something else. Any high place that hooks to a low place that you can slide down to. Plaza 1 lvl 3 to lvl 2? TG towers to something else? I don't think it would be pointless and it would give a certain feel to the game to see someone sliding across a zip line from a bridge or something as you're driving by. You'd be like wtf! ;)

seraphian
23-06-04, 22:15
Neocron is cyberpunk tech level...

Jetpacks are way too cartoon sci-fi for my tastes, no realism and they lead to bunny hop madness in PvP, Neocron is not Tribes II.

amfest
23-06-04, 22:23
Neocron is cyberpunk tech level...

Jetpacks are way too cartoon sci-fi for my tastes, no realism and they lead to bunny hop madness in PvP, Neocron is not Tribes II.
I agree . . this is neocron not the rocketeer :p

Anyhow I think zip lines would fit in nicely in the world of neocron.

seraphian
23-06-04, 22:35
Dammit Jim, I'm a rifle spy, not Boba Fett!

<<In other words, still a bit action movie high-cinematic for me, maybe a rope thrower to go up cliffs, but not ziplines>>

SilentEye
23-06-04, 23:37
Jetpacks for PEs. :D :D

Wins a signature quote.