PDA

View Full Version : Op surveillance cameras

amfest
23-06-04, 09:36
I was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have surveillance cameras at Ops and you could access the citycom and it would pull up a picture but I know that wouldn't work cause then the server would have to send a picture and such. But what if you could just setup a surveillance cameras and the Camera would pull up a list of names in it's local list. So you can check the citycom of your Op and see if anyone is around it that shouldn't be around and if there is a name you dont' want nearby then you can rally up to take them out.

The thing about the cameras would be that you could set them up at greater distances than turrents so you could technically set them up a bit aways from the Ops themselves since they don't actually attack. Limited Number of Cameras also . .not sure on what would be a good number .. but enough so it woudln't be totally worthless but not too much that you'll have troube walking around the cameras. Also a runner attacking a camera would alert the clan that surveillance is being compromised or something.

Archeus
23-06-04, 10:06
they would have to be hard to see, easy to destroy and take away from the overall turret limit for the op. As well as needing a constructor to place.

amfest
23-06-04, 10:09
they would have to be hard to see, easy to destroy and take away from the overall turret limit for the op. As well as needing a constructor to place.
Sounds resonable except maybe the take away from the turrent limit . . . if it did that I"m not sure how many people would actually use them :\

Although it does give the Op owners to say hmm I don't like that runner being near . .. so they GR there and kill them.

Maester Seymour
23-06-04, 10:32
I like ur idea, amfest ;)

Maybe it could give an in clan chat message too, warning that there are unwanted guests hanging around your op :angel:

amfest
23-06-04, 10:52
I like ur idea, amfest ;)

Maybe it could give an in clan chat message too, warning that there are unwanted guests hanging around your op :angel:
That could be another option to add . . .

Xaru
23-06-04, 11:39
Well, make it a placeable turret like thingy as mention in the posts before. Give it the view option like a drone, just make it fixed. Only one person can log onto the observer at a given time.

Make em hackable with very high hacking skill :)

Xaru

amfest
23-06-04, 11:44
Well, make it a placeable turret like thingy as mention in the posts before. Give it the view option like a drone, just make it fixed. Only one person can log onto the observer at a given time.

Make em hackable with very high hacking skill :)

Xaru
I would think there could be a problem with actually looking at things from another zone . . . who knows. I just think it'd be alot easier to implement if it just picks up the names within it's local radius and submits those to a city com access for the clan.

INFERNO22
23-06-04, 22:56
Edit My clan alredy uses Op war cams There Le'd Droners with long range observers about 6 of them all logged on spare Pc's

amfest
23-06-04, 23:04
Edit My clan alredy uses Op war cams There Le'd Droners with long range observers about 6 of them all logged on spare Pc's
:rolleyes:

It's things like this why people say get rid of the LE . . .bleh.

Anyhow it isn't exactly the same thing I"m suggesting. It's a local list retreiver. So you can check to see who's near certain cam local list. So you know someone that shouldnt' be there is there and GR to your Op from somewhere else. Or someone could sorta guide people without the "cough" use of exploits of LE's and say . . . So and so is near Camera 6 . . player1 and player 3 are near camera 2 . go go go!

cRazy2003
23-06-04, 23:11

heh thats a pritty nice idea :p

Archeus
23-06-04, 23:23

Lets hope someone reports them and gets the accounts banned then. If your going to do that the least you can do is remove the LE's.

Its that sort of crap that is going to get Droners or LE users nerfed.

INFERNO22
23-06-04, 23:24
its pointless with out

Edit: u get good movies and screens from them :D

Archeus
23-06-04, 23:26
its pointless with out

Edit: u get good movies and screens from them :D

It might be pointless for you, but is bloody exploiting the fact that no action can be taken against an LE user. Without the LE in the person can kill the droner or the drone, which is what is suggested in the original post.

INFERNO22
23-06-04, 23:29
well aint life a bitch

cRazy2003
24-06-04, 00:04
It might be pointless for you, but is bloody exploiting the fact that no action can be taken against an LE user. Without the LE in the person can kill the droner or the drone, which is what is suggested in the original post.

just push the droners until he gets out of range of his drone and it drops :p

plague
24-06-04, 00:13
well aint life a bitch
lol..................it is

StryfeX
24-06-04, 00:46
Edit My clan alredy uses Op war cams There Le'd Droners with long range observers about 6 of them all logged on spare Pc'sJust fucking great. You do realize that the LE haters in the game are now going to start screaming for more nerfs right?

God you suck. Come to Saturn so I can kill you.

On topic: I like the idea. How about an alteration. The "observer" is actually a base station of sorts for a short-range observer drone? You tap into the station via the CC and out pops the drone. You can then move it about within a relatively short range and observe who's there. The drone should have a decent amount of life, but once it's destroyed, the station won't generate another one for say... an hour realtime.

--Stryfe

amfest
24-06-04, 00:55
On topic: I like the idea. How about an alteration. The "observer" is actually a base station of sorts for a short-range observer drone? You tap into the station via the CC and out pops the drone. You can then move it about within a relatively short range and observe who's there. The drone should have a decent amount of life, but once it's destroyed, the station won't generate another one for say... an hour realtime.

--Stryfe
Sounds interesting but I wonder on the actual implemation of being able to send your view to another Zone but still track your body at a citycom in another zone that can be across the map. Could cause problems maybe? Also people might not like the idea of being able to control a drone that has no droner in the zone period.

As said I suggested the local list of the camera to be listed to make it easy in ways to implement. But if it's reasonable to code in being able to send your view their while your body is in another zone then the cameras could be actual cameras that you can spin around as a stationary object to view the zone. Maybe you can right click to switch to different camera positions and only 1 person ,with right access, can use them at a time. Only chat interface should remain and a local list around the camera in selection.

Dru Blood
24-06-04, 01:04
hell yeah, good idea,

how about this ::

you could lay them like turrets and from the citycom you could eject a drone from the turret which you could pilot around the op.

edit::: shit i didnt read but someone has already posted one simular to my idea :rolleyes:

amfest
24-06-04, 01:07
hell yeah, good idea,

how about this ::

you could lay them like turrets and from the citycom you could eject a drone from the turret which you could pilot around the op.

edit::: shit i didnt read but someone has already posted one simular to my idea :rolleyes:
heh

well it would have to be scout drones only cause then it would make droning uber I can't be killed cause I'm in my apt while droning thing. I'm not really for the drones out of a camera thing >_> but as I said .. if you can put view on it while in another zone then just turn it into a real camear that you can look around while stationary with

tomparadox
24-06-04, 01:24
Sounds like a good idea, but as someoen said above, maby cost 1 turrent slot to place per camra? Or, make a new kind of slot, like a "Camra slot" that way that people whont have about ever wall covered with them. and it would give the clan the freedome to plase them were they whant.

amfest
24-06-04, 01:31
yea i think there should be camera slots that aren't a part of turrent slots. and they should be limited like 4-5? per Op. They should be a good radius area you can place them away. Not sure what a good distance would be without making it stupidly far or just too close.

tomparadox
24-06-04, 04:08
4 or 5 would be plenty.

The distense should be like looking from a high lvl scout drone thing.

ichinin
24-06-04, 08:40
just push the droners until he gets out of range of his drone and it drops :p

Dont do that, report them for exploiting: abuse@neocron.com

Archeus
24-06-04, 08:52
Dont do that, report them for exploiting: abuse@neocron.com

The better solution as seeing as they are using LE's they probably have the droner jammed in somewhere in the op so you can't push them.

INFERNO22
24-06-04, 22:33
The better solution as seeing as they are using LE's they probably have the droner jammed in somewhere in the op so you can't push them.

it aint an exploit the droners stand in the hack room in the corner (so not to get in the way of combat) we look on our other monitors and know when the enemy is coming, its simple we know mwhaaaaaa , ur just bitching cos is a dammn fucking good idea and Joo cant do it =P

Edit : where is the Exploit in it, .... there isn't one,its just very cunning

Edit 2: why is it when this comes up u bitch thats its an exploit when it isn't ,but having turrets in boxes is different isn't it you all fucking use it but No one complains.

amfest
24-06-04, 23:06
inferno22 quit posting in my thread about that you're just causing trouble. Keep to the subject at hand people. Which is cameras to place around Ops.

Logan_storm_03
24-06-04, 23:35
im not sure if this has been said before coz im a lazy reader :D

but make them hackable, and able to put a loop on the cameras like on the movies so they show the same image overagain :D , like checking out you op for ninja hackers and looks all clear but then ur OP gets busted :(

Helius
26-06-04, 08:40
Why do they need guns?

WHy can all OPs jsaut have cameras default. THey act liek a stationary kinda. When they sence a enemy that a turret would normally attack it would send a turret like destroyed message to the clan "Enemy detect at *blah*" or something. Might stop ninja hacking a bt and would definatly help OP fighting.

amfest
26-06-04, 08:46
A hostile faction message warning could be good but at the same time annoying don't you think? ... I guess it's up to everyone if it got implemented if they wanted it like that.

tomparadox
26-06-04, 08:49
Why do they need guns?

WHy can all OPs jsaut have cameras default. THey act liek a stationary kinda. When they sence a enemy that a turret would normally attack it would send a turret like destroyed message to the clan "Enemy detect at *blah*" or something. Might stop ninja hacking a bt and would definatly help OP fighting.
Dont make them default, every clan has a diferent leader, every leader has a diferent opinion and strategy, he should be allowed to place the camras acording to his strategy, after all it is that clans OP, they should be able to stick them were they whant...

YoDa-UK
26-06-04, 09:07
While a outpost camera seems like a good idea, its wide open to abuse, if its attackable then no point, if there is only one also no point as players will just hide out of its range and view, if it only shows you the local list again no point for same reasons.

What would be a LOT easier is faction patrolling guards at say rank 90/90 limited to the total amount of turrets/guards in one op. These give a early warning if enemy are spotted inside the outpost and are under attack, it would give the UG guys time to get up while their guards are under attack and trying to defend the outpost.................

Might make a poll about this.

amfest
26-06-04, 09:17
I don't like the idea of NPC guards at a clan's outpost. You want guards .. hire mercs. I don't think there is no point if it does a local list but the list was a wide radius. Being able to plant the cameras in places further than turrents. Maybe popular sniper spots near the ops could have a camera near it. So you would just check it and know somewhere is around that area so when you GR in ..you'll already be on the look out. You can check your Ops that you're not near to see if any hostile factions are near your outposts and then decide to gather a force or investigate further. Maybe people are just hunting and not trying to take over the Op but it's your turf .. go show them who's boss :p

If the camera is attacked it can give a warning signal as said that secuirty is being compromised. I dont' think they should have any weapons as they are a secuirty warning device not a weapon.

msdong
26-06-04, 09:46
the local list sender is a cool idea but i like the real cam turrets even more.
the LLS is moreeasy to use because you dont need somebody to be online to get a warning on clanchat but i like it more active. turretmounted cams a rigger can log into by activating a rigger control device where you can select the turret.

Birkoff
26-06-04, 12:39
Well of they are killable but if they are killed they give exactly the same reposce to the clan jsut in a different way.

"xx detected at XX" is going to give the same impressions as "Security camera destroyed at xx"

YOu don't have to see a picture, u don't have to see a local lsit jsut a single message. Say it is limited to 1 every 2 minutes or something so they don't get spammed. YOu say ppl will stay out of range. If they are staying out of range and the cameras are placed right then it should be very hard to hack.

Say u have to buy/place them like turrets and can say get normal cameras and Infa red ones for seeing stealth ppl which cost a lot more... the possibilities :P

Psycho Killa
27-06-04, 00:28

This should get people instabanned if you ask me.