PDA

View Full Version : North American Get Together

Odin
23-06-04, 05:42
On Wed Aug 4th myself and some GM's will be holding a get together near Toronto Ontario at Canada's Wonderland (http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/). It'll be a chance to meet other people in the Neocron community and ride till you drop on an assortment of roller coasters.

There will be prizes available including a 6 month subscription add on and a mystery prize pack. Why a mystery prize pack? That is simple because right now it's a mystery to me as to what will be in it :lol: Unfortunately the Neocron gear will not be ready until after the event so this will be mailed out afterwards. At the very least you will have your choice out of anything currently at the Neocron Store (http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=neocronshop) along with whatever I can get outta the publisher ;)

If you plan on coming out email me (odin@reakktor.com) with your account name, real name and how many guests you plan on bringing. Please note that only registered subscribers can enter the draw for prizes at the event. I look forward to meeting everyone that comes out and fear any and all camera's that will be present :p

Edit/Update: Please note that I will be on holidays from July 16-25th and will not be able to read emails during that time so any emails sent during then will not be replied to until the 25/26th.

Edit/Update #2: Please note that banned forum/account users need not apply obviously. Also make sure you let me know by email as soon as possible so I can get an accurate head count and get you on the email list for information that will go out the week prior.

NS_CHROME54
23-06-04, 05:49
great, 5 days after i move to whitehorse...

goddammit.

G.0.D.
23-06-04, 05:58
sweet, (NOT FIRST >.<)

Hopefully I can make it down to toronto..

Shujin
23-06-04, 06:20
thats a bit to north ;P

eric-the-ded
23-06-04, 06:54
that's a helluva long walk from san diego.
lookin forward to seeing some pictures from that little get together tho.

Clive tombstone
23-06-04, 07:19
Ahh Canada? I cant even drink yet, whats the point !!? :D

like eric said, its a long way from so-cal man.

just make sure you have some sweet pics dude

cRazy2003
23-06-04, 12:28
sex teh odin

Tycho C
23-06-04, 13:48
Florida, Canada.... Florida, Canada.... :(

Elroy Jetson
23-06-04, 16:07
Cool, I've been talkin to some ppl about going, glad to see a new thread about it.

THE_TICK!!!!
23-06-04, 19:18
damn GD IRAQ....i never get to do no cool shit...well odin i tell you what..ill set it up...how about six flags over georgia in atlanta when i get back...byob..and everyone can crash at my house lol w00t !!! hmm on a serious tip have a great time and maybe ill set something up as well for the south east when i get back...could be fun

-FN-
23-06-04, 19:58
I could totally go - but again I say...

WHY ON A WEDNESDAY!!!!! *shakes fists at the sky* :(

Odin
23-06-04, 20:00
I could totally go - but again I say...

WHY ON A WEDNESDAY!!!!! *shakes fists at the sky* :(

Because I am on holidays and have GM's here from the 1st-7th of August and were busy every other day :)

cRazy2003
23-06-04, 20:13
Because I am on holidays and have GM's here from the 1st-7th of August and were busy every other day :)

and hes only sexy on wednesday

sex the odin

Alamais
23-06-04, 20:27
Looks like fun. ;)

P.S. The legal drinking age in Canada is 19. :D

Dirus
23-06-04, 20:29
Looks like fun. ;)

Unless you live in Quebec, then it's just a suggestion.

Atleast, thats what a local radio station's spin off of Molson's I AM CANADIAN commerical says :p

NS_CHROME54
23-06-04, 20:40
Unless you live in Quebec, then it's just a suggestion.

Atleast, thats what a local radio station's spin off of Molson's I AM CANADIAN commerical says :p
jeez in was in montreal less than a month ago on a school band trip (i be the guitarist in my jazz band). i swear to god they don't ID you for ANYTHING. this one kid, andrew, bought beer. ffs he looks like he's 12!

oh and in montreal you can buy cubans really cheap. ehm cigars, not people.

Bred
23-06-04, 20:57
Is there ever gonna be a more south north american gathering? Like Cali or Texas or somewhere that is in the us. That would be grand.

with whatever I can get outta the publisher

Does this imply you have found a north american publisher? Because if so hooray!

Bred

Shujin
24-06-04, 03:20
Florida, Canada.... Florida, Canada.... :(
yea if it was florida i'd be find, only about 5 mins from me >.<

Guardian Angel
24-06-04, 04:07
Well Toronto is not that far ;)

I am pretty sure you will hear from me, Odin.

THE_TICK!!!!
24-06-04, 19:39
atlanta would be good...any mods live in the south east :P

Odin
24-06-04, 20:13
I already got people from Missouri and as far out as Colorado coming. No matter where I chose there would be a section of people who would be far off.

Shujin
25-06-04, 00:45
I already got people from Missouri and as far out as Colorado coming. No matter where I chose there would be a section of people who would be far off.
unless u picked it directly in the middle of north america ;P that way we can all complain but u could just say " its exactly in teh middle so ;O "

edit:
North or South Dakota would be around the middle. ;]

sooo i say make it fargo ;D

Cor
25-06-04, 01:30
I am in Nova Scotia and I just get back from vac. then. I hope your going to talk about a North Amercian Server at this meeting??

Birdman[H.E.]
25-06-04, 10:34
BED -> ELEVATOR -> CAR -> AIRPORT (BUENOS AIRES) -> PLANE -> AIRPORT (MIAMI) -> CUSTOMS ( NEED USA VISA wich have expired, you cant transit without visa yeah you cant ) -> PLANE -> AIRPORT ( TORONTO) -> BUS -> WONDERLAND?

Wish i could really :D

Whitestuff
25-06-04, 21:25
damn GD IRAQ....i never get to do no cool shit...well odin i tell you what..ill set it up...how about six flags over georgia in atlanta when i get back...byob..and everyone can crash at my house lol w00t !!! hmm on a serious tip have a great time and maybe ill set something up as well for the south east when i get back...could be fun

You live near Atlanta? Sweet, we could get together sometime, with at least one more person I know. That would be cool.

As for Canada, I may be able to go, though it is close to the time I need to go back to school. I'll have to see.

Promethius
26-06-04, 00:54
hmm sounds like some fun. I might be attending this. Mystery pack = Doy game =p. Hope to see some peeps there.

Odin
26-06-04, 01:59
hmm sounds like some fun. I might be attending this. Mystery pack = Doy game =p. Hope to see some peeps there.

Who knows. Depends on how nice our publisher is :)

Menolak
26-06-04, 04:51
Ahh Canada? I cant even drink yet, whats the point !!? :D

like eric said, its a long way from so-cal man.

just make sure you have some sweet pics dude

Drinking age is 18 in Quebec, quebec bars are super easy to get into without ID, though....u guys should have it here..:)

Odin
26-06-04, 05:10
We will be meeting up pretty early in the morning that day so if anyone would like hotel information as to where we are staying at and want to follow us out as we drive out from there just drop me a line and I'll give you information on the hotel. We will be roller coasting from the morning till close (I believe about 10pm there). I also suggest a change of clothing after the water rides :) If anyone is staying at the hotel that night they are free to come drinking with us after we leave the park as we might end up in our own version of Pepper Park :)

Shujin
26-06-04, 06:29
We will be meeting up pretty early in the morning that day so if anyone would like hotel information as to where we are staying at and want to follow us out as we drive out from there just drop me a line and I'll give you information on the hotel. We will be roller coasting from the morning till close (I believe about 10pm there). I also suggest a change of clothing after the water rides :) If anyone is staying at the hotel that night they are free to come drinking with us after we leave the park as we might end up in our own version of Pepper Park :)yes, please tell me the room number you are staying at @_@ *sharpens blade* [swingblade voice] yurp teh meh please [/swingblade voice]

uber java
27-06-04, 06:17
Im all for that, I work at SFOG. Skycoaster is teh shit :P

G.0.D.
27-06-04, 07:23
Shame I wont be making it, going down to vancouver instead :o

Promethius
27-06-04, 07:23
We will be meeting up pretty early in the morning that day so if anyone would like hotel information as to where we are staying at and want to follow us out as we drive out from there just drop me a line and I'll give you information on the hotel. We will be roller coasting from the morning till close (I believe about 10pm there). I also suggest a change of clothing after the water rides :) If anyone is staying at the hotel that night they are free to come drinking with us after we leave the park as we might end up in our own version of Pepper Park :)

lmao *watches odin gets trashed adn starts throwing trash grenades at everyone*

You mentioned hotel info? If u wanan do the dirty work and get soem of that be my guest...so i can be ur guest.

-Prom

Samhain
28-06-04, 18:24
hopefully the park is good, the last 3 times I've gone to canadas wonderland it's been so full there was like 5 hour waits for all the good rides. if so, it'll be a great time to discuss character setups! :P

if I could make it, I would go to the front of the line, pause, and yell "synchronizing..."

OTIS
29-06-04, 09:22
are alot of people going to this shin-dig or what?

SilentEye
07-07-04, 13:37
You see, I'd love to go. But I'm all the way here in the Netherlands, and I kind of work everyday...

So it's kinda, not possible, grrrrr :mad:

RayOfLastHope
08-07-04, 08:22
:mad: Why the fuk is it in canada, OKLAHOMA-CANADA..... OKLAHOMA-CANADA why the fo0k is it in canada pls someone tell me? why not in Oklahoma :confused: :mad: :p :p :( :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Alamais
08-07-04, 16:53
Cause Canada has a lower drinking age? :p

J. Folsom
08-07-04, 16:55
:mad: Why the fuk is it in canada, OKLAHOMA-CANADA..... OKLAHOMA-CANADA why the fo0k is it in canada pls someone tell me? why not in Oklahoma :confused: :mad: :p :p :( :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
It's because Odin is a Canadian himself I guess. Though Alamais' reason is very valid as well.

DaxAra
08-07-04, 17:36
Looks like fun. ;)

its 16 here (for beer, wine etc) and 18 for stronger stuff

Wraith Guard
09-07-04, 03:26
Im interested in a UK get together similar to this north american one.

Wraith Guard
09-07-04, 03:30
yah bar

Bozz-Von Mel
09-07-04, 03:45

Heh, had a mini-NC get together in Edmond, OK about a year ago. About 5-6 from The Gang on Pluto. I failed to show though and the rest of em quit NC.
Is there a mod or GM from the US?

OTIS
12-07-04, 08:06
i'm in Tulsa :D

QuantumDelta
12-07-04, 08:13
Im interested in a UK get together similar to this north american one.
We've already had a few of those, anymore will have to be player arranged since the noob that arranged them went back to her home country ... she's so kos :p

--

Love ya 'Nae... :p

--
But yea, you want one, setup a venue and see how many people are interested, try make it somewhere more south west though :p (cough)

Odin
12-07-04, 21:13
Ok anyone planning on coming should get their emails in soon as I'll be putting an email list together and a week prior I'll be sending out the meeting spot/times etc.

dark_reaper
15-07-04, 00:22
All the good stuff is never here in Florida. We need something either in Orlando, Jacksonville well we are getting the superbowl :). Or Atlanta. Nothing good ever happens down here. Excluding the superbowl.

Crimson Duelist
15-07-04, 18:04
i think there should be one held in the US at say... six flags ST. Louis, or Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom... Or someplace like that. not too expensive, but not too cheap either.

Odin
15-07-04, 19:47
Well if the boss is ever willing to pay the costs for something like that then I will do so. However since most of this is coming out of my own pocket it will be held where I can afford it :)

Ok I'm on holidays after today. Anyone who emails after this point I will be in contact with the week prior.

dark_reaper
15-07-04, 20:09
I dont blame you. If I had the money i would come. :)

slaughteruall
15-07-04, 20:34
If i would of remembered it i would of been there. But since i forgot i know have a retirement cerimony to go to. Fun Fun. Need to get my uniform to the dry cleaners shortly.

Slaughter

Prankster26193
15-07-04, 21:54
I wish I could come, but my parents arent exactly helpful in letting me go myself to a different country with people I have never met LOL. Ill keep trying, but florida to canada when your 14 isnt easy.

dark_reaper
16-07-04, 03:14
Yes it is, If you go JAX or Jacksonville International airport, Just walk up on an ramp and with an empty box. Find the FED EX office wich is near the Gen aviation sec get a printout of shipping address and a empty box. Put the printout on the box and walk out to one of thier hangars or thier ramp where they are loading. Put the box together and get in and close it and you will be shipped off to Canada, just make shure you brought some food. Hey I will throw u on the right plane :)

nightwind
20-07-04, 01:25
If any one plans on having a mini meet in orlando i am sure that there will be plenty of people able to go. I see a decient amount of us live in or around florida. So it should not be a problem to get peoeple to go.

Type X
23-07-04, 14:24
Yes it is, If you go JAX or Jacksonville International airport, Just walk up on an ramp and with an empty box. Find the FED EX office wich is near the Gen aviation sec get a printout of shipping address and a empty box. Put the printout on the box and walk out to one of thier hangars or thier ramp where they are loading. Put the box together and get in and close it and you will be shipped off to Canada, just make shure you brought some food. Hey I will throw u on the right plane :)

This has already been attempted and the reprocussions were somwhat overbearing, our country is going through a rough time right now, and when they send a box through an x-ray machine and see a skeleton inside, im sure the put 40-50 rounds into the box before they open it :)

Nidhogg
23-07-04, 14:53
On Wed Aug 4th myself and some GM's will be holding a get together near Toronto Ontario at Canada's Wonderland (http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/).
Wonderland eh? I hope y'all have a good head for heights (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1090361273666) :D

N

dark_reaper
23-07-04, 15:23
Oh I know maybee you guys should get sponsers. If you are expecting peps from all over it will pay off.

Odin
30-07-04, 19:05
E-mails have been sent out for the meeting place. I look forward to meeting everyone. If you have any last minute questions please do so before the end of Saturday night because as of Sunday afternoon I will be without net access.