PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Old H-C Tank PA Colors!!

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 00:10
I miss the

pa1 = grey
pa2 = blue
pa3 = gold
pa4 = red

that was the win, bring them back!!
make melee pa green and dark dark blue for lvl 2 and three!!
and keep the camo pa's as is!! :D

Oath
23-06-04, 00:11
Yup

You get my vote!!!!!

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 00:12
don't forget to rate it!! :angel:

ezza
23-06-04, 00:13
voted and rated ;)

Clownst0pper
23-06-04, 00:15
Have CAMO PA as opptional as i like that very much :)

Fiskarn
23-06-04, 00:15
Hell yeah :) get those colors back!

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 00:16
Have CAMO PA as opptional as i like that very much :)

yeah, i said leave the camo pa's, i just want the hc tank normal pa colors to be turned back to the way they were. :)

{MD}GeistDamnit
23-06-04, 00:23
yes blazed, and does anyone know why they even got rid of the colors? I would like to see all PA's for all classes colored better, tbh.

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 00:26
yeah, same here, well, rifle pe pa and pistol pe pa are fine, they just need to switch up the mc pa's to compensate for changing back the hc pa's, and then fix the fuckign rifle spy pa's and pistol pe pa's as well, they are all so booooring :rolleyes:

Eledhbrant
23-06-04, 00:33
The reason for it was odin or thanatos didnt want the teletubby effect, BUT NO ONE CARES ANYWAY! WE WANT OUR TELETUBBIES!

Benjie
23-06-04, 00:43
No!

Looks like fucking rainbow.

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 00:44
No!

Looks like fucking rainbow.

having all the armor the same color is fucking retarded. :rolleyes:

Scikar
23-06-04, 00:47
Yes. Gold armor says I'm a vet. Red armor says I'm a drug whore. Current grey armor says I'm a clone.

alig
23-06-04, 01:00
YES FFS, it was dumb ever removing them, talk about variety and HC tanks invented the fucking PA, if hc tanks never had PA then maybe KK would never of had pa for any class. :mad:

Terayon
23-06-04, 01:18
if they did that they would have to do the same thing for spy and pe pa. change the colour sure but dont make it what it used to be. besides, any tank that uses pa uses camo pa when done leveling.

maybe if they made the pa a darker dirty grey kidna thing.......

StryfeX
23-06-04, 01:26
if they did that they would have to do the same thing for spy and pe pa. change the colour sure but dont make it what it used to be. besides, any tank that uses pa uses camo pa when done leveling.

maybe if they made the pa a darker dirty grey kidna thing.......I'd settle for having various shades of shiny metal PA for HC, but until then... YES! I want my PA colors back. Although I'd like the Blue one to be the STR 115 req one so I can run around being a CS Smurf once more. :D

--Stryfe

sanityislost
23-06-04, 01:51
Im gona have to say no....cause the gold and red suck.
Why not just make it so you can change the color with the outfitter.
Purple PA weeeee :D

SiL ..:..

Scikar
23-06-04, 01:57
Im gona have to say no....cause the gold and red suck.
Why not just make it so you can change the color with the outfitter.
Purple PA weeeee :D

Both the red and gold PAs look awesome IMO. Even blue and grey do, I'm just sick of seeing those colours all the time. The whole point though is making the statement that someone can wear that PA. 'Look at me, I capped STR' sorta thing.

Benjie
23-06-04, 02:03
Both the red and gold PAs look awesome IMO. Even blue and grey do, I'm just sick of seeing those colours all the time. The whole point though is making the statement that someone can wear that PA. 'Look at me, I capped STR' sorta thing.
:rolleyes:
Thats so lame.

Clownst0pper
23-06-04, 02:04

Ahh the days when PA on a tank used to be linked to n00bs, now its completely the opposite... :rolleyes:

You dont have to be capped to wear PA ;)

Scikar
23-06-04, 02:04
Thats so lame.:rolleyes:
That's so counter-productive.

EDIT:@Clown: It's generally a good idea to be capped if you want to fight in PA though. :) Personally I'd still go without PA at all as I always have, it was good to go to the occasional OP war drugged to the eyballs all suited up in Gold PA though.

Benjie
23-06-04, 02:05
That's so counter-productive.
Thats so hypocritical.

Clownst0pper
23-06-04, 02:06
Thats so hypocritical.

Thats so ironic :rolleyes:

EDIT:@Clown: It's generally a good idea to be capped if you want to fight in PA though. Personally I'd still go without PA at all as I always have, it was good to go to the occasional OP war drugged to the eyballs all suited up in Gold PA though.

Couldnt agree more, for a H-C tank its not really worth it, to not wear PA as melee is silly really, it has no negatives, just like every other PA, unlike the H-C

Scikar
23-06-04, 02:07
Thats so hypocritical.

If I don't like something you've said, I'll give at least a couple of lines to justify it. If you can't be arsed extend the same courtesy to post a proper argument and would rather post a single line, then keep the snidey comments to yourself in future.

sanityislost
23-06-04, 02:12

Erm no

Black pa > the red

and the camo > the gold

both the red and the gold look "cheap" if you ask me and they sure as hell
dont give off a look i think a capped tank deserves. at least with the
outfitter idea the player can pick which color would suit him/her and we
wouldnt need this thread.

Gohei
23-06-04, 02:13
.......... ye back on topic.

Me likes the PA idea, rating 5 sexy stars.

Benjie
23-06-04, 02:29
If I don't like something you've said, I'll give at least a couple of lines to justify it. If you can't be arsed extend the same courtesy to post a proper argument and would rather post a single line, then keep the snidey comments to yourself in future.
Okay, fair enough.

I think this is lame becase the Cyberpunk atmosphere is more important than your/The players Ego.

Admitadly the Power Armour does look too linear, but thats no excuse for Rainbowcron.

Have you played Fallout? They have Power Armour MKII and it's a completely different set of power armour. It looks much better.

I love Camo PA. Although it should be an Armour modification that can be attributed to any level of PA and to any class.

I would prefere clone cron to rainbow cron. I would prefere PA looked appropriately different depending on level, but this does not justify rainbow colours.

The updated DoY engine is more powerfull, and Reakktor already have a bundle of skins in the modification forum they can use. They also have payed artists who can design new skins and models for different levels of Power Armour.

That would be much more preferable than rainbowcron. What do you think?

Scikar
23-06-04, 02:39
The colours were never very bright, it was more of a blood red colour and a dark blue (the same as the melee is now in fact). So I don't think it would be bright enough to be rainbowcron. However, I can see your point, as it would be followed by melee Tanks wanting purple/green/pink etc ultimately resulting in lots of different colours, which though varied would all be plain, thus people would wear various bright colours in order to look different.

That said, the main idea is to look unique, rather than be brightly coloured. Personally I don't like the camo PA, and level 3 Tank PA doesn't justify its ATH penalty and drug requirement for a non-MC5 user.

But why not add a bunch of skins to choose from instead? The game already knows when you have PA on because it won't let you use a Rokkwear system. So why not work with that, and if you have PA on, Rokkwear instead gives you a selection of skins to choose from. That way there can be lightning, flames, whatever, all in cool patterns that can be chosen, plus a unique one per faction. Then you can have clans all wearing PA with matching patterns, while still being unique because there will be so many different ones for people to choose from. I'm sure KK would get a lot of support from the community regarding creating the actual skins, so the only remaining issue would be coding the ability in. I get the impression from what they've been telling us about the new character customisations that this could well be possible.

Benjie
23-06-04, 02:45
I think thats a good idea.

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 03:19
or how about this, make fucking armor customizable, make it able to chenge color in the outfitter and not go away when you zone. EVERYONE who wears power armor in this games looks fucking identical, theres no variation whatsoever, it's fucking lame.

sanityislost
23-06-04, 03:48
or how about this, make fucking armor customizable, make it able to chenge color in the outfitter and not go away when you zone. EVERYONE who wears power armor in this games looks fucking identical, theres no variation whatsoever, it's fucking lame.

Woooohooo now thats what i wana see

Mr_Snow
23-06-04, 04:09
Change the gold with the blue, I always have seen the near capped tanks as smurfs, its what I aspired to as newb and when I saw a dude in blue PA I always thought to myself that PA looks cool and I want some.

VetteroX
23-06-04, 04:30
Yes... bring the colors back... In a darker, shiny, more metalic color, but yeah bring em back.

Benjie
23-06-04, 08:02
Yes... bring the colors back... In a darker, shiny, more metalic color, but yeah bring em back.
Now what *would* be sexy....

Different shades of Metalic Grey.

Current for LVL-1
Mid Metalic Grey for LVL-2
Dark Metalic Grey for LVL-3
Shiny Black for LVL-4

And I stand by my request not to make Neocron into Rainbowcron. Red, Blue, and Gold (even though it's yellow) pa should not exist. Melee Tank pa should be a different model entirely, and Metalic.

Opar
23-06-04, 08:46
Or how about...

MAKE PA'S INVISIBLE!!!!!

So you can just put the chest on, you get the bonuses, but you cant see the PA.

Bwaahahahahaah im genius.

Cr33p3r
23-06-04, 08:49
spy pe powerarmor all look alike this game starts to look like star wars clone warz :lol:

LTA
23-06-04, 11:50
Yeah bring back the old style

I used to like Smurf wars, now it just feels like every hc tank is in pa 1 all the time it just looks wierd....

This will be Neocron, Attack of the clones soon (not that its far away now)

Xiphias
23-06-04, 12:48
while your at it, why not change the MC skins, looks a little silly seeing a tank with great hulking armor with a stick in his hand running around at 90 miles an hour...

Judge
23-06-04, 12:55
I miss smurfs. :(

formori
23-06-04, 13:50
what i would like to see is to be able to change the colours of the pas :)

also things like flames, logos, little mods on the armour :)

sWaTs
23-06-04, 13:59
What about making the camo pa a real camo pa, the pa should take on the color of the ground after zoning. So that it is hard to see a camo pa user from the distance but no problem when he is near u.
Would be a nice effect i think :)

@Topic:
Ya, bring back the colors. But plz no rainbowcolors. The have to be dark and a bit pale...

Underground
23-06-04, 19:58
but black tank PA is fuckin sexy :) The red one rocked tho, made you totally stand out as a complete drug whore :D

Make all PA's colour changeable at the rokkwear, and fix the bugs, yknow, where the PA's head is grey whatever colour you chose, and where it loses the colours after zoning :(

Doc Holliday
23-06-04, 20:00
I miss smurfs. :(

amen to that judge. me 2.

Clothing_Option
23-06-04, 20:04
thier never gonna do it anyway
they dont do S***t

NexusPlexus
23-06-04, 20:47
I'd have to vote yes.
The only adv to all them pa's being the same colour is that at an op war you cant quite tell if the dude is wearing a high or low lev pa and try judge some of his protection, and even then...

...but luckily the world of neocron -even though it's supposed to be post-apoc and all- ISNT a world of subjugation and oppression and you can't do anything without the prior consent of Lion-Cheesy

as the saying goes, "if everybody looked the same..."

change back the bloody colours, and if you have a problem with that then hook up a fucking black and white tv to your pc

INFERNO22
23-06-04, 23:35
I rather Like the Devs Purple Camo PA ( its quite rare to see it- u gotta camp pp1 on the TS to see it i got a pick il go find it )

Whitestuff
23-06-04, 23:56

Absolutely, I can't agree more. I want the old colors back, gold being my color of choice. ;) But I think it should be Grey, Gold, RED, BLACK, cause the black PA is sexeh.

ezza
24-06-04, 00:10
dont see why there would be a problem with these colors
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/pa2,3,4.jpg

StryfeX
24-06-04, 00:29
<piccy>:lol: Didn't like half those guys in that screen shot get perma-banned? :p

I would have like the red PA more had it not looked like a rusty brown and had been more of a dark rich blood red.

--Stryfe

Dru Blood
24-06-04, 01:13
hell yeah ghost i want my hc papa smurf back!!

Scikar
24-06-04, 01:54
Those PAs look so much cooler than Camo PA...

sanityislost
24-06-04, 01:57
Those PAs look so much cooler than Camo PA...

The yellow and pink make them look like carebears lol
All they need now is a heart on the chest :p

[Edit]
Lol here's what i mean

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/sanityislost-pa234wuv.jpg

amfest
24-06-04, 02:02
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/pa2,3,4.jpg
Saddness
Jealously
Rage!

When their powers combine they form Captain Neocron.

Err sorry I felt like being 12 again ;)

Personally I'd rather they adjust models for each level than colors that look cheesy like that.

greploco
24-06-04, 08:41
well the red color is a bit like an attractor for enemy fire maybe

it's still cool though

ok

old colors now !!!

greploco
27-06-04, 16:41
could a dev actually comment on this?

(that's why I'm popping the thread)

cRazy2003
27-06-04, 16:52
i would love different colours for all pa's for all the classes.

greploco
27-06-04, 16:58
huh, I had not thought about the other classes

I'll bet that's why they changed tank PA colors, to keep things consistent

hmm, if every PA had a unique color it might get a little difficult and random looking

since tank PA were the first and the only PA with a different history I might think the change would only be good for tank PA

n3m
27-06-04, 18:20
It's one of the reasons I don't wear PA nowadays.. Camo is nice for a few weeks, but I really likes the old colors (see ezzas piccy)

an assault rifle, energy bolt, heal and an implant tool in the qb ;)
feeling nostalgic :D

Doc Holliday
27-06-04, 19:56
start the chant guys. bring back smurfs! bring back smurfs!

ezza
27-06-04, 23:03
bring back smurfs, bring back smurfs, bring back smurfs, bring back smurfs, bring back smurfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clownst0pper
28-06-04, 02:01
The coloured PA's together look great.

Of course, lets have it for all PA's please, I hate the bland grey rifle PA, and h8 the fact people know im a rifle spy, because of my grey PA, the same for pistols.

-REMUS-
28-06-04, 02:05
we still have the grey one, i'm missing the smurf hordes tho :( the yellow one looked like it was piss stained and the red one was a shade of half assed red or pink.

So my answear is "fuck you blazed and get KK to implement customisable pa" :p

Bl@zed
28-06-04, 08:15
we still have the grey one, i'm missing the smurf hordes tho :( the yellow one looked like it was piss stained and the red one was a shade of half assed red or pink.

So my answear is "fuck you blazed and get KK to implement customisable pa" :p

lol, yeah, customizable pa's would be the win, but it would be cool to actually create an item like armor die or something like that, for tradeskillers to create, just to give a little more boost to the economy, then they can sell them off as they please. Of course, the armor dye shouldn't be available in stores. :cool: