PDA

View Full Version : Don't Fret if You Don't see me around as often

Heavyporker
22-06-04, 23:34
Computer been totally fucked for a couple weeks now, seems it might be a trojan or something, keeps jamming up the log files and can't see what's going on, so without an admin account, can't log on to clear the log files so I can go online or play neocron. Been living for the lucky times when I can go online in the first place, and more often than not, I can't log out to play Neocron, so whatever I do, I'm fucked.

Just as well, I think i'll have to take a couple months off for summer job and helping out at the Caverns where I used to live, starting this weekend. No worries - I'm on the 6-month plan, so I'm all paid up until eternity. I'll just try to yammer lots for the next couple of days to make up for my Neocron playing withdrawal.

Been spending the last couple days building my personal digital library downloading books from Project Gutenberg (http://www.promo.net/pg), totally fucking awesome public-domain online library that's been scanning/typing in books and putting them online for free. You definely have got to go there, pull some classics off. Also downloaded RPG maker and this supposed Text Adventure Game editor along with some programming how-to guides for java and python. hopefully I'll have a neat little pile of stuff to brag about when I finally come back. Another thing, I got a scanner and I been doing up some NC art I had sketched out earlier. Hopefully I'll have them loaded up before I leave (trying to figure out colorization atm).

Don't cry now, my dear people, lest they fall on bare concrete. Rather, step out past the steely gates, into the wind-blown dust, past the plains of razored grass, and into the great wastelands. And thereon, listen and await for the faint growl of a engine. And thereupon, when it does not come, weep then, and let your tears fall upon a dry seed, and give life to what little exists, keep my memory alive. Search 'ever for my tattered robes and stepping stick, for they need putting on and warming...

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 23:36
Don't cry now, my dear people, lest they fall on bare concrete. Rather, step out past the steely gates, into the wind-blown dust, past the plains of razored grass, and into the great wastelands. And thereon, listen and await for the faint growl of a engine. And thereupon, when it does not come, weep then, and let your tears fall upon a dry seed, and give life to what little exists, keep my memory alive. Search 'ever for my tattered robes and stepping stick, for they need putting on and warming...

dude thats pretty poetic. ever think of doing some creative writing for the 'cronicle? u should do.

amfest
22-06-04, 23:50
i believe he did to the new storywriter .. at least i thought him saying he was . .;)