PDA

View Full Version : neolauncher pro problem

[F6]Knight
22-06-04, 20:29
i reactivated my neocron account today and the old neolauncher pro still worked but gave an error about neocron version 198
still it worked perfectly ingame
then i installed the new version but now i can start the game, connect to a server and pick a char but the moment i get into the game i get an error and my game crashes

i tried reinstalling the neolauncher pro but the game keeps crashing

ps: why the one new crosshair i saw on the screens? where did the other crosshairs go? they were pretty sweet

otherwise, anyone still got the old NLPRO version from 2 months ago? PM me then, then i ll just run that and ignore the error like i did this morning
if it aint too big to upload somewhere or send me over irc or something

tnx in advance for possible help :)

enigma_b17
22-06-04, 20:32
was ur nc working before u installed neolauncher pro?

[F6]Knight
22-06-04, 22:20
offcourse it was working

BramTops
22-06-04, 22:43
Shouldn't use an "old" NLpro with a "new" NC version.... will result in errors either way.

Problem here is that a strange chronological time of events have taken place that's apparantly causing bugs...

Here's a list of thing you can try - and this goes for everyone who's having trouble with NLpro.

Try this:
(0 - make sure your NC is patched to 200.)
1 - uninstall NLpro (the 2.40.200 version) (do not use an old version ever again! ;))
2 - run the launcher and use the file check option
3 - download the corrupt files (if any) and start neocron
4 - check if everything works OK and exit
5 - then install NLpro using the safe-mode installation type!!!
6 - start neocron and check if everything is still OK
7 - run the NLpro setup (or start the installer again) and now use the Full installation type
8 - start neocron and see if you got yourself some dice

Now...
- if it's still broken at step 4 i'd recommend re-installing Neocron because it really seems to be messed up. Your system is completly clean of NLpro and even NC itself cant find the problem...
- if you encounter errors at step 6, i'm at a loss - shouldn't be possible.
- if you encounter errors at step 8 it's something ItemGFX related, post the details here and we'll sort that out too...

NOTE!!! Installing/uninstalling NLpro will completly RE-SET your GFX directory! Backup it if there's anything in there you want to safe!

Now, if you still get errors please mention at what step you got them and the other details... The more you tell me, the more I'm likely to have an answer for you. ;)

[F6]Knight
23-06-04, 10:04
it works now, tnx
i did safe mode first, then tested, then full mode
no problems

Original monk
23-06-04, 10:22
when my winamp is running i cant see the winampcontrols ... i can click em and they work but i cant see em ... only a white box appears when i hover over the ingame controls ...

how do i bring em up or what am i doing wrong or how can i fix em ?

:P

Maarten
23-06-04, 12:18
when my winamp is running i cant see the winampcontrols ... i can click em and they work but i cant see em ... only a white box appears when i hover over the ingame controls ...

how do i bring em up or what am i doing wrong or how can i fix em ?

:P

SLAP!

It has been mentioned countless times that IT IS A BUG! When Mighty Max fixes the issue in ItemGFX, a new version of NL Pro will be released so everyone can see there WinAMP controls again. And we'll add the old crosshairs. And we'll add a warning to backup your gfx dir... :p

Original monk
23-06-04, 12:42
SLAP!

It has been mentioned countless times that IT IS A BUG! When Mighty Max fixes the issue in ItemGFX, a new version of NL Pro will be released so everyone can see there WinAMP controls again. And we'll add the old crosshairs. And we'll add a warning to backup your gfx dir... :p

OUCH !

well ok, i deserved the slap for not paying enough of attention, again :P

cool that its a known bug, then atleast im not alone :)

but thats ok, it still works ya see, ya yust cant see it that well :)

thanx for the fast reply and keep up the good work

bedankt maarten en je broer ook natuurlijk ! :angel:

BramTops
23-06-04, 14:11
w00t.. I can post on the forums again

(yes this is a test - i had a few 'disagreements' with the forum software)
(no, i'm not hacking/modding the forum)

anyway...

If everybody would just read the release notes.... would make my life so much easier... ;)

Good to hear that it worked for you [F6]Knight. Again, I'd recommend this course of action to everybody who's experiencing problems with NLpro

Original monk
23-06-04, 14:25
If everybody would just read the release notes.... would make my life so much easier... ;)

otherwise ya get slapped :P