PDA

View Full Version : A little idea (from the think tank :D)

Clive tombstone
22-06-04, 06:13
Anyways, I didnt mention what my idea was at the thread title as I have seen people just VOTE judging by what the saw on the thread title and not from what they have red (or if they had red at all)

Anyways, here I go

My general Idea was plan as this. I know people dont want PE only item, but this is different. It has NOTHING to do with combat, but maybe in the preperation of it, and would mean something to the actual title of "private Eye"

As I had red a lot of little scifi I found that, well, private eyes are generally detectives. they specialize in gathering information as well as some "minor problem solving tactics [taps his pain easer :D ]"

so far I found that we have one of the two roles filled. you know the gun part :p . Then it hit me, like that foul ball from last nights baseball game :eek: how about something like a mobile city-com.

Ok heres the skinny on the idea. First off. its equiped like any other weapon, and is drawn like any weapon. the kicker is, in order to access the city com (i would like to think of it as NC's internet) you have to Jack into a valuable only source, this could possibly be uplink stations or genreps or something else.

The purpose of these items would be REALLY usefull in finding out movments of your enemy as well as finding out the size of your enemies force without going all the way back to town.

now this wouldnt tell you where your enemy DIRECTLY is, but it would tell you if he/she was online.

but this can all be debated. soo what do you guys think?

please gimme some stars and dont forget to vote

Jailbird
22-06-04, 10:31
good idea,

but if its a mobile city com then better not risk using it in a war/anarchy zone :wtf:

similar ideas were brough by the community but many hated a mobile city com that works exactly like a normal city com because people will be able to do missions after missions without leaving an area.

but the idea of finding your enemy size and movement is something great if impelented but that would be more like through the hacknet.

Ive made a similar idea with some nice diagrams you can find here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100897)

but I dont think It would be usefull if you only can access if they are online or not because most of the time you can check that at the citycom due to 90% of the server being claned.

Clive tombstone
22-06-04, 18:28
I like your use of hacknet, that looks pretty sweet.

to be honest. maybe a combination of the two?

Saza
22-06-04, 18:37
Very good idea.

http://www.neo-resource.co.uk/seal.gif

I don't know why, but it's a good idea. I think its the fact that this wont unbalance the game at all IMO, yet give the PEs something to do.

Maybe thats why I like it. :confused:

Scikar
22-06-04, 18:41
That works. The mobile city com idea normally fails on the mission grounds, but if you have to plug into a GR or other suitably equipped device then yeah it works for me, maybe with a hack to plug it in as well.

Mr_Snow
22-06-04, 19:24
Just make a mobile clan listing and ncpd listing device/s instead of a mobile city com, means it cant be exploited and also will cut down on the users lag from trying to access the forums.

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 20:24
Just make a mobile clan listing and ncpd listing device/s instead of a mobile city com, means it cant be exploited and also will cut down on the users lag from trying to access the forums.

now that is a good idea. cuts down all the useless shit and stops exploiters. more of a satnav thing than a city com thing.