PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Trikes Vs Gentanks

amfest
22-06-04, 01:36
In a battle where two teams of 10 get on either side of the map and charget to the center for a big Clash of battle . . . who would win?

10 vehicle Drivers on heavy assult scorpion trike

or

10 Gentanks

Post your thoughts plz and maybe this could be tested out in an event :p

Gah I forgot to add a poll of
Vehicles win
Gentanks win
Single sniper with spirit mod wins :D

(any mod can help add a poll??? )

Gohei
22-06-04, 01:37
Melee or HC ?

cRazy2003
22-06-04, 01:37
heavy shrike i think, i aint used them but afaik the shrikes have rockets which are good aoe, but i havnt had much experience in either so i wudnt know.

amfest
22-06-04, 01:38
Melee or HC ?
oh sorry .. HC

Scikar
22-06-04, 01:39
They would both utterly maul each other. The trikes would take a whole bunch of AV rockets in the initial pass, likely destroying half of them, the GenTanks would also take a fair few casualties. I think the Tanks would hold it, depending on how many survived the initial clash. After it, the Tanks would do well dispersed, covering each other from a distance, whereas the separated Trikes would have to mostly play hit and run to score any more kills.

Clownst0pper
22-06-04, 01:56
Be over in seconds with Anti Vehicle rockets... :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
22-06-04, 02:03
Erm.... asuming the AV rockets hit.... (they don't track do they?)

Disturbed021
22-06-04, 02:42
Depends on whose driving, if its spies.....give the HC tanks Ravagers and just have them target the drivers. Rav range > trike range.

Drexel
22-06-04, 04:45
Do anti Vehicle Rockets track targets ? ... if not then,

Do anti Air Craft Rockets Track Target ? (they would need to) if they do then..

Can you use Anti Air on Vehicles ?

Just some questions ive always wanted to ask.

My tip is Team Scorpion would win.

Clive tombstone
22-06-04, 05:46
from personal experiance, I would have to say it would be a good tie. Tanks have good attacks close range, plus they have agility at close range (mainly turning) but as far as that goes, only an idiot in a trike would stand still and try and turn to hit a target (unless its a mob)

on the otherhand us that use trikes, know how deadly they can be (hoping theres no PPU's around :D ) we have the bonus of high armor, as well as great speed (could be better KK :wtf: :D ) and good damage, the only downside is the aiming cone that the trikes have from there missle pod (fixed on the right side of the the trike)

to be honest, its a BIG Iff on whoever wins, the circumstances play a HUGE role in this. If it was a team of tanks armed only with CS's and maybe devs, vs trikes, I would lean to the trikes. Anouther thing is a persons skill.

Believe me, it takes a fair amount of skill to be viable as a trike player in neocron. same as it takes skill to be a tank.

Personally, though trike win ^^ read the Sig baby :D

Jerto
22-06-04, 08:33
I have a PE trike driver.
I would say that HC tanks would win.
They move smoother and trikes can't strafe.

Terayon
22-06-04, 08:41
the trikes would get completely destroyed. the rockets arnt easy to aim realy and tanks can just run around the trikes in circles. would be fun to watch though :p

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 09:03
The tanks would get annhiliated. AV weapons just don't work against trikes as they move too fast, and as long as the driver hits 'n runs he can't get harmed at all. The tanks would be reduced to using AoE or their Cursed Souls, which do next to bugger all to a trike.

And no matter how much a tank strafes, a good driver can always keep a lock on him. Trikes don't aim bad or move slow at all.

sWaTs
22-06-04, 09:06
tanks can just run around the trikes in circles.

exactly, thats the point... trikes turn around much to slow...
only chance is if the drivers are all buffed up HC PEs who jump out of the trikes when the tanks get close... and finish them with there speedgats...

would be a nice fight though... :p
if theres an "event" like this on saturn, i will join. Either as tank or HC pe...

amfest
22-06-04, 09:11
The tanks would get annhiliated. AV weapons just don't work against trikes as they move too fast, and as long as the driver hits 'n runs he can't get harmed at all. The tanks would be reduced to using AoE or their Cursed Souls, which do next to bugger all to a trike.

And no matter how much a tank strafes, a good driver can always keep a lock on him. Trikes don't aim bad or move slow at all.
unless somethings changed .. umm can't you target the driver and not the trike?

Jerto
22-06-04, 09:14
Yes you can

winnoc
22-06-04, 09:24
The trikes would get a first good strike, then when the tanks are behind them they would receive an asswhooping from behind for a while until they can turn again.

If the tanks move good they will win.

BTW i've got 5 assault scorpion trikes i'm selling on saturn, send me an email with offers :-)

Jeros82
22-06-04, 10:21
HC Tank > Scorpion Trike

Been there, done that, didn't want the freaking T-shirt.

Rai Wong
22-06-04, 11:46
unless the HCs PEs are allowed to jump out it won't be fair, tanks will just run behind run off and heal, trikes can't chase them. However if HC PEs are allowed to jump off and shove some plasma up their asses then yeah... especially when HC PEs jump off they can rebuff heal and jump back onto the trike. It be hella fun.

Zheo
22-06-04, 12:07
Gentanks would win no dout because they can duck behind cover and fire, if the trikes where closed to gether and they used male's they would waste the trikes in no time. And if they used ravangers against the pilots who im guessing would be private eyes (spies being to weak to stand much damage.)

are weak against ravangers so it wouldn't take too long for the gentanks to rip the bikes apart.

Main reason for trikes lossing? Alot harder to move your trike behind a tree, and if someone gets behind you time it takes to turn and your dead.

But ya never know, why don't you go on a server and try it out?

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 13:04
http://nc.synergyxr.net/images/items/625.jpg

Any smart driver picks up a load of tech combat and repair, making killing a trike stupidly hard.

Seriously, anyone who thinks TANKS would win (of all things) hasn't thought this one through.

sWaTs
22-06-04, 13:14
Any smart driver picks up a load of tech combat and repair, making killing a trike stupidly hard.

U think the PEs got time to get out to repair? And what has TC to do with this?

And what about the image of the hacktool?

I think its not a question if the trikes get wrecked, the drivers will get down first if the Tanks shoot in some AoE before getting close...

msdong
22-06-04, 13:19
Tanks -> they are much faster, turn faster and are able to target the driver.

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 13:23
U think the PEs got time to get out to repair? And what has TC to do with this?

And what about the image of the hacktool?

I think its not a question if the trikes get wrecked, the drivers will get down first if the Tanks shoot in some AoE before getting close...

What's the image of a hacktool? Here's a clue - Spies are better drivers.

SjanTeN^
22-06-04, 13:25
5 anti vehicle tanks \ 5 ravager tanks will own the scorpions.
And mumbly: How long would a spy be able to stand on the ground with 10 enemy tanks running arround?

Scragman
22-06-04, 13:31
meh, im goin for the tanks pwning...set em up in two teams, one with AV rockets the others with Rav (takes out veh and driv) and then any trikes/drivers still alive could be mopped up with more rockets and close range CS. However there are a couple dependancies, mainly the tanks setup. HC pa tanks get their run speed nerfed so might get ballsed up by some nippy driving and rocket attacks by trike. However pa'less setup with duranium4 tanks would wreak havoc, coz they could run a bit damn quicker

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 13:37
And mumbly: How long would a spy be able to stand on the ground with 10 enemy tanks running arround?
Around a minute.

SorkZmok
22-06-04, 13:40
Well, 1 heavy scorp trike with another tank gunning it > lots of people.

But without a 2nd gunner, theyre gonna be toast. The turning speed just isnt high enough, you can get behind it too easily.

winnoc
22-06-04, 13:42
Tha hacktool refers to spy drivers.
As we all know, an obliterating spy can drive and gun the trike while in stealth.

However the HC spy doesn't nearly do enough dammage in the trike to be a viable pvp option.

When in templars we had two hc spies and a hc pe driving in formation to mb bunker, we thought we were cool, as we were about to kill two pe's.
Big nono there. The pe's ran behind us, running about as fast as the trike, and gunned us in the back till death.

sWaTs
22-06-04, 13:47
What's the image of a hacktool? Here's a clue - Spies are better drivers.

ok...thought we are talking about a fight :lol: ... not a boring "hide and cover"

BTW: what u want to do when the tanks dont rush in but stay back and shoot in with Mal or sth else? Stealth wont help u much here, and a spy will go down very fast this way...(and Male got a far better range and aiming than trike rockets...)

EDIT:

Around a minute.
..not even 10 seconds if the tanks know how to use aoe

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 13:49
BTW: what u want to do when the tanks dont rush in but stay back and shoot in with Mal or sth else? Stealth wont help u much here, and a spy will go down very fast this way...(and Male got a far better range and aiming than trike rockets...)
Drive right into the Malediction fire, using the trike to soak up the majority of the damage, and Inquisition 2 armour/shelter to take care of the rest.

sWaTs
22-06-04, 13:53
Drive right into the Malediction fire, using the trike to soak up the majority of the damage, and Inquisition 2 armour/shelter to take care of the rest.

still dont think that a spy would survive this for long...
And i still dont think that u will hit much with a trike which is slow as hell in turns...tank will be away before rockets come in...

but should be tested IG...

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 13:57
The thing is, a tank can take around 4 bursts of trike fire, and they can't heal worth shit. A team of ten driving spies can heal quickly, repair their vehicles, and probably have a backup weapon (pistol or rifle) as well as high-level stealth. I really, truly cannot see how a team of tanks can win.

n3m
22-06-04, 13:58
Tanks will win, unless they are stupid and stay in one place.

Never fought a scorp trike before though, they always come with revelers or rhino's...

Genty
22-06-04, 13:59
It would be much better if you could have 10 HC Pe's driving and gunning 5 Reveler's....

n3m
22-06-04, 14:02
It would be much better if you could have 10 HC Pe's driving and gunning 5 Reveler's....yeah those will own the tanks, if there are no hills

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 14:02
It would be much better if you could have 10 HC Pe's driving and gunning 5 Reveler's....
They would get nailed so quick it wouldn't even be funny.

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 14:04
Get Me An Avril And I Show U Who Is Boss!!!!

n3m
22-06-04, 14:06
Get Me An Avril And I Show U Who Is Boss!!!!http://www.avril.cn/images/avril-lavigne-9.jpg
.. O_o

changed it into a link :p

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 14:08
SCARY!!!
AAAAAAH!! GET IT AWAY! GET IT AWAAAY!

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 14:17
http://www.avril.cn/images/avril-lavigne-9.jpg
.. O_o

changed it into a link :p

LoL not a bad pic. bit moody but not bad.

Scragman
22-06-04, 14:25
meh...ten tanks vs. avril lavigne...any bets?

Mumblyfish
22-06-04, 14:28
meh...ten tanks vs. avril lavigne...any bets?
Avril's amazing special abilites, such as Ugly Beam and Insufferable Bitch, would win. No doubt.

Scragman
22-06-04, 14:31
damn straight...and then theres her ultimate weapon "teenage tantrum"...AOE damage from that would make a Mal look like a babies toy in comparison

winnoc
22-06-04, 14:35
Surely against spies the tanks would win, i've been a HC trike driving spy, using obliterator and silent hunter. Very fun to play, but in the trike he's a rarehunter nothing more.

OT: Right now i'm gonna have to relom him from pistols to melee (thanks to last rollback). I'm wondering what that'll turn out to be, anyway, that'll be a CA char, and he'll be 100% roleplay. (melee hacker/pilot CA policeman)

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 14:58
u guys no i meant the avril from ut2k4 didnt u? seriously now?? guys???

Scragman
22-06-04, 15:07
que pasa? ut2ksomethingsomething what???

Menolak
22-06-04, 17:36
Get Me An Avril And I Show U Who Is Boss!!!!
Fuck, how old is she? 12?
Sorry, I'm an old bastard, I'm 29 :) Show me something that won't get me thrown in jail or shot by her parents.

Oh, yeah...the tanks would murder the trikes, no questions asked..me and a bro' were playing around, his PE and my 40/55 HC, he was pretty pissed I broke his trike, I was even a bit owerweight, carrying Malediction,non-rare 4 slot AV and Rav, none of which I could cap the damage on...maybe he sux (his first Trike, my first fight with one), but I ripped him apart pretty quickly...

Clive tombstone
22-06-04, 18:24
honestly, I see where trikes can loose, and believe me, Ive lost a few trikes in the past to enemy tanks. personally, I think vehicles need a speed boost, cuz im sure as hell there'll never be a run nerf. Combat vehicles as of now are kinda meh, personally. The individual handeling of each vehicle could be re-worked, but im doupting that will ever happen. MAYBE after DoY. I mean that would be cool.

But dont think im dissing vehicles. Trikes for ever Yo :D

jiga
22-06-04, 19:53
heavy shrike i think, i aint used them but afaik the shrikes have rockets which are good aoe, but i havnt had much experience in either so i wudnt know.
They aren't AOE.

amfest
22-06-04, 23:24
They aren't AOE.
yup . . the rockets shoot out of the wasit right side? of the vehicle which is sorta funcky if sometime moves fast to the left cause then it sucks to try and turn and shoot that way. If you get a lock on your target then the rockets will Home in on the target . .if any don't they they will just fly straight from the trike so the goal is to target and get a lock and fire and hopefully you'll have the trike aimed at the target just right so the rockets that don't home in hit the target also for a reduced dmg hit.

Well since the trikes have turning problems and such what if we put 5 trikes against 10 tanks but have a back gunner on each trike.

Would it be a close match still or would the trikes get blasted to shreads before they could do anything?

The goal here is

"no stealth"
"no running away and healing"
"no running away to repair"

It's a hardcore fast paced match and the enemy needs to drop fast.

Mumblyfish
23-06-04, 01:14
The goal here is

"no stealth"
"no running away and healing"
"no running away to repair"
That's like saying No Maledictions/No Cursed Souls/No Speed Gats. Essentially eliminating one side's advantages so the other wins without any challenge at all.

Of course, in a situation like you're asking for, where all the trike's advantages are taken away, the tanks would win.

Gohei
23-06-04, 02:16
Avril's amazing special abilites, such as Ugly Beam and Insufferable Bitch, would win. No doubt.

ROLF!!! Don't forget the Crappy Music halo :lol: :lol: