PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid of the Big Ugly Target Box

amfest
22-06-04, 00:46
I think the target outline box is just ugly. Why not make the outline of the thing pointed have a outline around it instead of if htat isn't possible just dont' put the box. The Targetting Reticle closing should be enough indication that you have it targetting with the name at least on the side where it typically is of the mob or player.

TheGreatMilenko
22-06-04, 01:25
never bugged me befor :wtf: if you dont like it edit the box so the outlines arent there

amfest
22-06-04, 01:30
Well that could work but i was shooting for an effect that could be noticed and implemented to work even without the hud (alt, ctrl, f6) So I could play without it totally. Also I just think it could be better in some way. Not sure quite how. . . . maybe you target something and it gets slightly brighter in color.

Biznatchy
22-06-04, 01:32
I somethimes have a problem in busy fights where we are fighting allied clans in op fights. The scroll affect on the names takes a bit longer to pick up. With everyone in powerarmor it just makes a bit of a nightmare.

Benjie
22-06-04, 01:34
That it could be sexier, yes.

Epsilon 5
22-06-04, 03:04
I somethimes have a problem in busy fights where we are fighting allied clans in op fights. The scroll affect on the names takes a bit longer to pick up. With everyone in powerarmor it just makes a bit of a nightmare.

totally agree

Clive tombstone
22-06-04, 05:50
well, I beleave this will be solved with doy (I should say in "due Time" :D ) how it will be solved is through armor customization (mentioned in the somewhere I forgot :eek: ) but anywho, that should minus from the confusion a little. But back to the topic, hmm, taking away the box would give a more FPS feel, soo i dont know.

Heavyporker
22-06-04, 22:09
I have to admit I like the idea of removing the neon-green target box, if only so you can't just spin around and auto-detect someone hiding behind a tree or bush out of the range of your local-list finder.

naimex
23-06-04, 05:50
make a person glow when targeted (on the person targetings screen only)

Koshinn
23-06-04, 08:01
Monk's reticles dont change when you target someone, right?

Drake6k
23-06-04, 08:23
(edit)

I read it wrong lol.

I still dont mind the target box. Reminds me of Deus Ex.

amfest
23-06-04, 08:25
Monk's reticles dont change when you target someone, right?
Nope though I think their targetting circle shoudl at least give some sorta of wavy aura when something is targetted. It would be even cool if it gave off the an effect that was in line with what spell they were using. Like a fire spell would give a fire looking circle . . poison a green hazy circle . . lighting lil shots of electrical surges . . .heal little tiny yellow bubbles or something to that effect. All in all I think a monks aim should be unsteady. the reticle should slowly bob side to side and up and down depending on their psi use and handling of spell.

Agent L
23-06-04, 10:45
<3 boxes

Scikar
23-06-04, 12:52

That's also partly the DB being slow, which might hopefully be improved.

I say keep the target box for now. In a full FPS the target box would be out of place, but I think it's fine in NC.