PDA

View Full Version : Increase the Health Pool fairly to make Fights Longer and more Interesting

Benjie
21-06-04, 23:35
I was thinking about Ganking -vs- PvP.
I figured if people had more health, fights would go on for longer and you would have more time to respond.
Flawed maybe, but maybe not. Balance it anyway it's needed. Boost it, nerf it, feed it cookies untill it's perfect.

Longer fights? Good thing or a bad thing? What problems would it cause in regards to PvP or PPU related issues? How could these issues be fixed?

Opinions?

-FN-
21-06-04, 23:37
I'd refuse to fight a Tank with 1000 hp and a PPU strapped to his ass.

MisterP
21-06-04, 23:38
Yer that wud suck major league :lol:

40$Poser
remove PPUs and you might have something.

Benjie
Good point. Different classes would double health in different ways.

So what if Health wasn't doubled, but health was added on? So 100 extra health points for everybody.

Jest
21-06-04, 23:39
Yah with the current PPU "problem", more health points would only make it worse.

ezza
21-06-04, 23:40
personally i prefer faster fights, when i go on pk sprees i want my enemy dead fast, i dont want to be bogged down with fighting one guy when the back up arrives

cRazy2003
21-06-04, 23:40
dont forget it would give you double hitpoints to, to it balances it all out, but the ppu is a problem.

Mighty Max
21-06-04, 23:43
Again ? No.

Judge
21-06-04, 23:47
Have to say no to this one, I think that the fight lengths are perfect now. No need to change it.

amfest
21-06-04, 23:48
lower dmg across the board instead. :p

I'd rather the mob dmg and health not be increased anymore to compensate for people having more health and making things a bit easier.

Benjie
21-06-04, 23:55
PPU's would be a problem. I knew that from the start.
(thats why I voted in my own option that it was flawed)

Ganking is no fun though. :(

lower dmg across the board instead. :p

I really wish KK would stop making more and more powerfull weapons.

They should stop making weapons alltogether, and focus on getting the ones they have implamented balanced perfectly.

At the moment they really are not. Despite what people say about the liberator, it *does* have problems. Melee still has problems, and so do many other weapons. It's not drastic like it was before, but it still needs work.

Oath
21-06-04, 23:59
I never understood this, why oh why can our 'ingame' bodies, withstand such an immense pounding?

The only factor in 'staying alive' should be armor, i would love (from an rp view) for body health to be minimized, it doesn't matter who you are if you dont have armor a bullet is a bullet and it's gonna tear you up.

Unarmored people should die in seconds, armor should be the only factor in staying alive.

Why can't i roleplay an assasin? Why can't people roleplay snipers? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE BEING RPKILLED WITH AN RP PURPOSE IN AN RP WAY.

Somone without armor should die in a headshot. Or one in the heart, bodyhealth as it is now is anti-roleplay. Armor should be represented on out avatars, and not just PA.

This makes sense if you read it a few times...

Benjie
22-06-04, 00:09
Oath.

I remember when I first saw clips of Neocron on Gamepad. It was of someone shooting a raygun at Mutants. I remember thinking that the mutants took such a long time to kill, and thinking how unrealistic it all was.

amfest
22-06-04, 00:10
Oath one shot kills won't happen because of things like lag that can make them totally unfair. It'd make a single sniper overpowered imo.

Dirk_Gently
22-06-04, 00:10
I never understood this, why oh why can our 'ingame' bodies, withstand such an immense pounding?

The only factor in 'staying alive' should be armor, i would love (from an rp view) for body health to be minimized, it doesn't matter who you are if you dont have armor a bullet is a bullet and it's gonna tear you up.

Unarmored people should die in seconds, armor should be the only factor in staying alive.

Why can't i roleplay an assasin? Why can't people roleplay snipers? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE BEING RPKILLED WITH AN RP PURPOSE IN AN RP WAY.

Somone without armor should die in a headshot. Or one in the heart, bodyhealth as it is now is anti-roleplay. Armor should be represented on out avatars, and not just PA.

This makes sense if you read it a few times...

I totally agree.

Ryuben
22-06-04, 00:12
the way i see it is the condition of ur armour should be ur 1st hit pool

i.e. condition 120/120

some one hits you for 100 points

80 absorbed by armour so 8 off its condition
20 off ur hit pool

Benjie
22-06-04, 00:19
the way i see it is the condition of ur armour should be ur 1st hit pool

i.e. condition 120/120

some one hits you for 100 points

80 absorbed by armour so 8 off its condition
20 off ur hit pool

Armour and body health could be reworked a lot. Yes, armour *should* play a bigger part in staying alive. Yes.. condition *should* matter. The first number in the condition could also be an important factor to an armours protective qualitys: Hence repair skill is more needed. Armour should have stats, and constructed armour should have better stats. Slots? Well there are lots of suggestions for that, and I don't think I really need to get into it.

Scikar
22-06-04, 00:26
Good point. Different classes would double health in different ways.

So what if Health wasn't doubled, but health was added on? So 100 extra health points for everybody.

In other words give tanks a 1/6 increase in HP but give PEs a 1/4 increase, and monks a 1/3 increase? That wouldn't work either.

Not that I agree with the thread in the slightest anyway. Even Tank vs Tank 1v1s can take a good couple of minutes. If anything fights should take less time.

Agree 100% with Oath. If people took more damage they would use cover more, i.e. fire from good defensive positions at OPs, laying down suppressing fire into exposed locations slowing down enemies while riflers pick them off as they hide behind cover. That would make more a of a distinction between different types of weapons.

Shadow Dancer
22-06-04, 02:48

x2

If there was no PPU, or if shields were self-cast then I would definitely vote yes!

Richard Slade
22-06-04, 03:31
I'd say, hump Hp UP and slam PPU spells down

Drexel
22-06-04, 04:34
I said Yes, more HP.

I live in Australia, if someone chooses to attack me my Health is usually 50% gone before i see the attack, never yet have I won a fight i didnt start simply because an APU can do 20% damage per shot & get 3 shots in before i 'see' the attack.

So yes, longer fights would bring some skills (SkIlLoRzz) into it.

Im also sick of merrily hunting away, then 'pop' my screen says, "your are dead, press m2..." then i hear the plasma, dammit.

Also this has turned me into a rather unplesent person to be around as I have had to adopt the 'red = dead' policy to prevent surprises, and thats not how i wanna play. :(

Vid Gamer
22-06-04, 04:49
No. It would just cause major testing in other areas (i.e. PPU's) and reworking of systems and coding and would just be a pain in the ass.

If you want PvP to last longer (I think fights last long enough as it is), just decrease all PvP damage even more than it is.

Benjie
22-06-04, 04:51
Longer fights is the goal, like Drexel said, to bring some Player skill into the game.

Koshinn
22-06-04, 04:58
Not that I agree with the thread in the slightest anyway. Even Tank vs Tank 1v1s can take a good couple of minutes. If anything fights should take less time.

I agree, PE vs PE fights can last forever it seems. They're long enough for Shelter and Deflector to go down.

Agree 100% with Oath. If people took more damage they would use cover more, i.e. fire from good defensive positions at OPs, laying down suppressing fire into exposed locations slowing down enemies while riflers pick them off as they hide behind cover. That would make more a of a distinction between different types of weapons.
Problems... Cover doesn't stop APUs from hitting you. Suppressing fire doesn't work at all except with a cursed soul, but that does like.. 10 damage to an unbuffed spy? If shots didn't have to be originally aimed at someone for it to hit, the game would be totally different and a lot easier for gun users who could just spray in a person's general direction instead of having to aim the first shot of each burst. And I don't know how APU spells would work with a normal First-Person Shooter fighting system.

Shadow Dancer
22-06-04, 05:01
They could make apu fire like guns. Just give it projectile animation.

I wish FPS view was enforced for combat. :cool:

Tostino
22-06-04, 05:59
Yes... But only if shelter and deflector lasted longer then 2 mins. As it is my s/d are off at the end of a tank fight. Good idea tho

Psychoninja
22-06-04, 06:03
No, imo "GOOD" fights last long enough already.

Benjie
22-06-04, 07:18
I wish FPS view was enforced for combat. :cool:

I so agree!

Weapons should not fire in 3rd person mode.

That deserves it's own thread.

VetteroX
22-06-04, 09:26
no. If you remeber, our health was already more then doubled in early retail... before the cap was like 212 hp, or something like that. Fights already last a long time.... ever seen 2 healing pes fight? goes on forever.

Scikar
22-06-04, 14:11
Longer fights is the goal, like Drexel said, to bring some Player skill into the game.

There's already plenty of it. Give everyone more HP, and you'll start to see the best players lasting forever. If you jump someone from behind, then you should have an advantage. An APU is unlikely to win a solo fight if he gets jumped, so it's fair that APUs have the biggest advantage from a surprise attack. Team the APU with a PPU and they don't deserve it, but that's a PPU issue.

n3m
22-06-04, 14:13
yep I agree

Mr_Snow
22-06-04, 14:19
no. If you remeber, our health was already more then doubled in early retail... before the cap was like 212 hp, or something like that. Fights already last a long time.... ever seen 2 healing pes fight? goes on forever.

Last time I saw 2 really good healing PEs fight the fight ended when one ran out of ammo.

zii
22-06-04, 18:22
I couldn't agree less. I really dislike first person mode as it makes me feel ill and claustrophobic.

I so agree!

Weapons should not fire in 3rd person mode.

That deserves it's own thread.