PDA

View Full Version : [PLUTO] Server Specific Drop Rules

-FN-
21-06-04, 22:32
If anyone remembers good ol' Patch #181 (http://nc.synergyxr.net/patchnote.php?id=43), when the test server patch came out saying belt drops everywhere, every English Server player, including myself, threw their hands up in a fit because of belt drops starting at OP wars. This was like, the end of the world for us and we started about 15 whiner threads a day.

When the Retail Patch came to fruition, KK only implemented the Warzone belt drops for Jupiter as the German Community seemed to like or have no problems with the idea.

Over time, I've really warmed up to it and would like to see this server-specific rule brought onto Pluto. I would go to Jupiter and see how I like it however A) I wouldn't be able to communicate with half the server and B) I'd be starting all over which I don't really feel like doing at the moment.

There are a number of reasons why I think this would be a great twist for Pluto:

- Characters with 2-4 Rares on them would think twice about bringing every tool for the job to an OP and teams would have to pick and choose their artillery for efficiency.
- Losing at an OP would have a defined price. If many died and lost things, you'd think twice about going back again, and again, and again losing each time.
- Teamed Stealth Spies would be loved by *everyone* on the losing team ;)
- Circulation of items would be increased in that people would be losing their good rares now and then. Hopefully this would increase Rare Hunting and stimulate a bit of Player Trade.

Ideally I would've liked to have seen Pluto become the "No Safe Zone" server, but it every day closer to DoY, it seems less and less likely to happen.

So whaddya say? I'd like to see Warzone Belt Drops turned ON on Pluto.

{MD}GeistDamnit
21-06-04, 22:35
sure, on pluto. not Uranus :D

Jest
21-06-04, 22:38
I'll vote for anything that will make Pluto suck less ass. 5 STARS!!!

Tratos
21-06-04, 22:40
Yeah. 5 Stars.

I think this should be on all servers.

{MD}GeistDamnit
21-06-04, 22:43
Yeah. 5 Stars.

I think this should be on all servers.

No it shouldent. You like it, vote for the server you play on. I go to pluto verry little and aint in a clan so I dont mind it. But I like things the way they are on uranus.

Benjie
21-06-04, 22:46
Aye, on Pluto only. (My server. Mine!)

5 Suns/Stars/Same thing.

Underground
21-06-04, 22:58
WINNAR!

yea, do it, i play jupiter, and i love the belt drops after OP wars.

Agent L
21-06-04, 23:00
AFAIK it's GM-controlled feature. Maybe belts don't drop on Pluto just because noone turns beltdrop on?

However as a true Plaza Warrior I can't have any opinion about turning it on on Pluto. : D

Tycho C
21-06-04, 23:12
Almost.

But if this were so, I fear that I would never be willing to fight to the death as I am now.

I'm not good enough, simple as that.

Loosing my spells would really piss me off, let alone my PE.

Im for it, but I want the safe slot.

Praetorian
21-06-04, 23:13
Look at the friggin map and tell me who gets to hack all the belts afterwards... yeah that would be SO much fun... And if the dirty brown colour would for once change colour to another, it would be ninjahacked faster than you can say 'omfg'...

"NO"

-FN-
21-06-04, 23:15
Im for it, but I want the safe slot.

I never said anything about removing the safe-slot :) I'd like to see that kept.

[TgR]KILLER
21-06-04, 23:27
would leave me standed in an app..

unless somebody tells me why i would want to lose shit every time.. everybody would be forced to join one of the big clans cause as it stands i always get outnumbered in any pvp situation.. that new dre clan dark bd whatever.. no i don't like it and would move my ass if it was implented.. leave the game as it is go find a new game if you want to change it so damn much

Underground
21-06-04, 23:38
look

i remember back when they changed jupi to that, everyone was like WTF, but, its just like PP, or random fights in the wastelands...

When was the last time that you lost a rare, or a uber item in PP or elsewhere, I play jupi a fair bit, OP war alot in a certain TG Clan, Regularly carry ROG, SH, Oblit, PA3 on my spy, at OP wars, everywhere, never lost anything of value other then drugs, armour, spells, never lost my PA or a weapon from a OP war, have once hacked a HAB, but out of all the belts etc....... thats insignificant.

What it does do is make people think, make people FIGHT, make people WANT TO WIN. There isnt any zerging on jupiter as much as other servers, clans on there just fight, fight well, and generally fight clean, just think tho, if you lose a fight, and drop a belt, then fuckin well go back with a equal force, beat them, hack their belts :)

Also stops people staying dead, or reloggin till they get synch etc, to communicate with their clan as a 'spy' inside the enemy OP... it stops that, coz people release when dead, get poked ASAP and get back

BlackwooD
21-06-04, 23:39
what killer said

Lucid Dream
21-06-04, 23:47
Hmmmm.. I like it, if 1 thing stays the same, and 1 thing changes. I am fine with this, as long as we keep the safe slot, and stealth tools become tools.

I dont understand why stealth tools are classed as weapons in the first place, but its stupid.. problem with dropping stealth tools being classed as weapons, is, they drop, whereas a cst tool or res tool wont drop in a belt. With a spy, he obviously is going to need a weapon, and if he chooses to carry an obliterator, he should not have a 1/10 chance of dropping a rare every fight..

if we keep the safe slot, and make stealth tools, tools, then i am 100% happy with this idea.

Judge
21-06-04, 23:48
Why not.

I don't do OPs that much.

Marx
21-06-04, 23:56
Yes - 5 stars.

eric-the-ded
21-06-04, 23:58
i wasn't aware that OP wars still happened. i thought maybe they had been removed as one of the many changes while i was away.

RayBob
22-06-04, 00:01
If many died and lost things, you'd think twice about going back again, and again, and again losing each time.I have never played on Jupiter. They seem to like the rule so maybe it works. I can only comment based on my experiences in Pluto OP fighting. In that context, my guess is that this would indeed lead to fewer OP fights on Pluto. Who wants that? I am against any change that encourages standing in town doing nothing.

Getting poked, the inevitable repairs, grouping at a GR, and traveling multiple zones to get back into an OP fight already detracts from the fun of the game—the fight. I have seen clans take 20-30 minutes to organize themselves for a 15 minute fight. I have seen many clans unwilling to go back because of all this hassle. Now you add item drops on top of it all?

How many times have you sent a small team to defend an OP, knowing full well it was a suicide run? You knew you were going to lose but you wanted to A) show that your clan will make an attempt to defend regardless of how many they have online and B) have some damn fun and try to get a few kills before you die. How likely will people be to do this if belts drop? In fact, how likely will people be to show up to OP fights at all unless they know they have a large team and a good chance of winning?

Finally, the PPU is always the person with the most to lose when his belt drops. The PPU is also the person your OP fighting team most needs in order to even have an OP fight. Do you think this change would make the PPUs in your clan more or less likely to show up? Or to go back?

Like I said, Jupiter seems to run perfectly well with this rule so maybe it does indeed work fabulously. I want more action on Pluto not less and at first blush this change seems to me like it would make things worse.

On my rifle spy, I have PKed many a player and hacked their belts. 95% of the time it is crap but I have indeed looted some very nice multi-slotted rares. In hind sight, I could care less. I remember thinking getting a PA in a belt was a big deal but now I sell it at YOs if I even bother taking it. I have been playing this game for so damn long, I have come to realize that the only thing that keeps me here is the combat. There are so many damn MMOs which put a huge emphasis on items; I don’t want Neocron to join the ranks.

Whether belts drop in warzones or not, whether all weapons came with 5 slots, whether MC5 chips could be found in boxes in plaza…none of it matters. Fix the faction system, fix the SL system, implement clan wars, create an allied declaration and chat system, completely remake the OP system to make it the focus of the game and meaningful with meaningful bonuses, etc. Stop worrying so much about items and start focusing on the only thing that separates Neocron form the competition—the combat.

Marx
22-06-04, 00:50
Stop worrying so much about items and start focusing on the only thing that separates Neocron form the competition—the combat.Um, I think you should rephrase that. They have focused on combat, hell - each patch changes it drastically now-a-days. What they should have done was forget combat for awhile and tool with other things. People were just as happy fighting back when PE's had stealth, people were just as happy fighting when freeze weapons ruled the day, people were just as happy fighting when hybrids were everywhere, people were just as happy fighting when rares as we know them didn't exist.

I think the mass of attention that was given to combat and balancing, it hurt the other core parts of the game... Now we have a bunch of people who play stat-based CS. The people who provided atmosphere to each of the servers got bored and left because all the content was PvP based. The people who wanted to play a non-pvp game left because all there is to do when you cap is fight. The players who wanted a deep indepth world didn't find it here - though they found a vast array of weapons and armor.

IceStorm
22-06-04, 01:44
As long as this doesn't affect LE users, I don't care what you do.

sanityislost
22-06-04, 01:53
Gotta say i dont like this idea, cause i like the fact i can goto an op fight
without thinking about what im going to lose if i die. Pluto has a low pop
already, right now at op fights if you die all you have to do is get poked and
then you can get back into the fight. If people keep losing crap they wont
want to go back to fight or the just wont be able to cause they have lost
there rare weapons.

simply put long op fights = more fun, and this idea would take that away.
unless your with a huge clan who has stock piles of rare weapons to hand
out, which not everyone has. This would just be another step in the direction
of the larger clans ruling the server.

SiL ..:..

Shadow Dancer
22-06-04, 02:43
I'm not good enough, simple as that.

STFU. You're a good pe and you know it Tycho.

OOOhhh, I HATE when good people say "I suck" or something. lol

Anyways I vote a big fat YES!

Carinth
22-06-04, 03:29
As a PPU I hafta vote no. I lose enough belts in pp, I'm not to keen on losing them at op wars also. Maybe if pvp risk was more balanced this would be a good idea, but as it is it's totaly unfair. Some classes die more often then other classes, some classes risk more then other classes. PvP already has plenty of risk for me, I see no reason to increase it. Plus as mentioned, people will be less likely to go on suicide runs or defend when outnumbered. If odds don't look good, you simply won't go.

ichinin
22-06-04, 08:30
KILLER']...leave the game as it is go find a new game if you want to change it so damn much

Agree!

Say goodbye to all tradeskillers that use Op's. We dont want to loose our overexpensive tools to some asswipe with a gun.

Underground
22-06-04, 08:53
Agree!

Say goodbye to all tradeskillers that use Op's. We dont want to loose our overexpensive tools to some asswipe with a gun.

Tools dont drop anyway :wtf:

Vid Gamer
22-06-04, 09:01
Hell, why not.

ichinin
22-06-04, 09:17
Tools dont drop anyway :wtf:

Are you ABSOLUTELY 100% positively sure? can someone else confirm?

{MD}GeistDamnit
22-06-04, 09:21

I have droped personal poke tool, never had a ress or cst character tho.

VetteroX
22-06-04, 09:23
Pluto players tell me to shut up every time I tell people to come to saturn, so Im gonna say shut up every time you try to make pluto specail... its not, its just a sever with 50 people, thats it... no special stuff on any server. I dont care either way if belts drop in war zones, but if they do it, do it on all servers.

ichinin
22-06-04, 09:26
Just a question: Are you wondering why people makes "let's bash Vet" threads?

mishkin
22-06-04, 09:40
Yes. This would bring a twist to op-wars, and even make some people want to fight again, since in case of a win you might get something other than your color/name on the map... :)

Archeus
22-06-04, 09:49
Forget op wars. Most of the map is closed to a lot of people thanks to TG playing silly beggers.

Anyone who uses Free GRs a lot (eg. Me), 4 out of 5 times there is someone standing there GR camping to farm belts.

Maybe everyone missed the rampant GR camping for belts prior to the patch put back in.

Tools dont drop anyway

Tools do drop actually.

VetteroX
22-06-04, 10:00
Just a question: Are you wondering why people makes "let's bash Vet" threads?

No... your foolish for asking. Many people actually like my posts and are entertained by them... thoes that dont, I laugh at the insults they throw at me... It amuses me. I tire of the "plutos so special" threads, and the attempts by people too lazy to move to a server that has people... if they put as much effort into advertising events on pluto and the make pluto this, make pluto that threads as they did in starting on a new server, they wouldnt be so bored.

leGit v. 2
22-06-04, 10:08
yes to sex i mean to the idea.. DO IT cause its SICK

ichinin
22-06-04, 10:58
...they wouldnt be so bored.

You assume that all that play on pluto are bored. I'm not. Sometimes it get a bit lonely, but at night i get 125 people online = more action/customers that want the tradeskillers stuff. During daytime, i sometimes do hide-and-seek-for-money/items and place vehiclekeys and other things in boxes for people to find.

It's not the amount of people that counts, it's haveing a good time. I enjoy PvM, stealthing away from PKers, perhaps some Neofrag, creating rare weapons etc.

formori
22-06-04, 11:04
i voted no, cos all this means is that the stronger clands will get stronger and get all the rares.

and this will promote ninja hacking at 2 in the morning.

Marx
22-06-04, 13:39
and this will promote ninja hacking at 2 in the morning.
Hey, it already happens. You know what? Nothing about it will change until more people come into the game.

Duder
22-06-04, 13:53
Its 29 Yes Votes Against 28 No Votes I Guess Drop Rules Should Not Change!!!!!!!

Democracy Yay

garyu69
22-06-04, 14:28
I dislike this idea.

I can't see it benefitting anyone at all, you would get people not taking all their good stuff, and APU would take one spell to an OP war and that is it because of fear of dropping that special Rare they love. Also with PPU's they have a lot of Spells and a lot i am guessing are good slotted spells which they would hate to drop.

People would not want to go to OP wars, and those who did would not bother going back and would log out because they were pissed that they have just lost their rare.

A definite no from me and thats coming from a hacker who i think would be the only person who would get any benefit out of this.

Exodia
22-06-04, 16:49
Hell no! Neva!
This i not say cuz carebear or anything, the problem i see in that is that it force zerging a lott!
Special against those that know to have good stuff, ppl will zerg to get them!
Even if no zergs, u realy whant to go with 1 rare max to a fight?
Or whant to loose ur good stuff as PPU/APU?
Whant to force rezzkilling at a OP?

I realy dont think thats a good idear at all!

ufora
22-06-04, 16:52
the whole beltdrop in warzones was the worst idea ever, 1 star

Dribble Joy
22-06-04, 17:13
The belt drops were brought back because effectively the jupiter players whined.

Several clans were attacking/ninjaing OPs constantly, 24 hrs a day.
The 'owning' clans were either not on all the time or were just sick of it.
In an attempt to get people to think more carefully and bring a bigger/more capable force to an OP fight, the belt drop was introduced.
Many people felt that if you were not willing to defend your OP 24/7 why should you deserve to keep it.

The 'english' community were in uproar, there seemed to be a 'cultural' difference between the two groups of players too.
The 'german' players also saw OP fights as not about the OP or the fight, but about getting 'loot' from the other players.
The 'english' saw OP fights as about winning the fight and holding the OP.

If belt drops are brought back to warzones, many people will simply stop going to them and stop going to OP fights.
The bigger clans will dominate the servers, smaller clans will never attempt to challenge them where they once would have.
The casual players who simply do not have 20 versions of each piece of equipment will stop going, they will sit about in plaza and wonder why they play still, get bored and leave.

OP fights should be about fun, fighting and the OP.
It is after all a fight over the possesion of an OP, not about ganking people and stealing their stuff.
Bringing back belt drops in warzones would only serve to make a huge part of the game decidedly not fun. Which OP fights should be, they should be fun.

Scikar
22-06-04, 17:18

Yes. Along with keys, epic items, etc., tools don't drop. Stealth tools and poke tools are classed along with PPU spells and will, but a CST/REP/RES tool won't (not sure about remote repair tool). But your expensive one won't.

Psycho_SquiRReL
22-06-04, 17:27
i woulkd like them to remove hack required belts first

Archeus
22-06-04, 17:31
Yes. Along with keys, epic items, etc., tools don't drop. Stealth tools and poke tools are classed along with PPU spells and will, but a CST/REP/RES tool won't (not sure about remote repair tool). But your expensive one won't.

Unless they changed this in the last 2 patches then this is false. I've lost a TL150 research tool before to a belt drop a few months back, and I have seen an FC drop a high level tool one time they died (they were a bit surprised too)

I know of people who have lost thier VHC key because they thought you needed it with the craft (although that is further back).

Carinth
22-06-04, 17:54
From what I recall, the german community was after control of the op, whereas the english community just wanted to fight. The german community was tired of small clans constantly coming back to an op and winning by attrition. Eventualy the more powerful clan will hafta log off, and thats when the small clan takes the op. The point of belt drops for them was to punish small clans/losers, to stop them from coming back repeatedly. The english community values fights, if a small clan came back repeatedly that means more fighting, which is what we want. We were almost unanimously against belt drops.

Scikar
22-06-04, 17:57
Unless they changed this in the last 2 patches then this is false. I've lost a TL150 research tool before to a belt drop a few months back, and I have seen an FC drop a high level tool one time they died (they were a bit surprised too)

I know of people who have lost thier VHC key because they thought you needed it with the craft (although that is further back).
Odd, I've been carrying my TL150 research tool around on my droner spy for ages, and I've died loads due to being careless in caves/being killed outside of them etc. and never dropped it. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it specifically states on the patch notes that tools don't drop.

enigma_b17
22-06-04, 18:15
o my holy god no. The one big advantage of op wars it the ability to fight without having to worry about loosing one of ur best and/or most expensive items. If this is implemented then id want to c a guarantee that no valuable items are dropped, armour i dont mind so much, but rares and such no. If this was implemented as drop rules are atm, the number of op wars will plumet, and ppl wont be so willing to fight anymore

Marx
22-06-04, 18:17
The bigger clans will dominate the servers, smaller clans will never attempt to challenge them where they once would have.
The casual players who simply do not have 20 versions of each piece of equipment will stop going, they will sit about in plaza and wonder why they play still, get bored and leave.
Funny, that's the way it already is.

=/

tool stuff
As far as I know, only implant tools drop. I've also been running around with tools on me and have yet to drop anything other than my poke tool.

Jest
22-06-04, 18:27
Yah I definitely value fights. Which is why I want belt drops. Process every night.
Step 1: Log on to Neocron.
Step 2: Check map for op ownership.
Step 3: Map is controlled entirely by TG.
Step 4: Check Silent. Zero on.
Step 5: Check FF. Zero on.
Step 6: Log off and play a different game instead.

Thats what my Neocron life consists of. Then of course the times we decide to actually hack an op we usually get accused of ninja hacking and they just ninja hack it back from us the next morning. Im sorry but screw that. With belt drops I'd have a little more justification for taking and keeping ops from the assholes of the world. Right now there is zero point to hold an op without getting a fight from it. In a belt drop world I would have justification for holding ops, as would all the smaller clans.

Don't consider it an issue of fun. Most 'fun' op fights are bull shit anyways. One time a clan decided to hack our op for fun 3 PPUs, 2 Tanks, and an APU. Yah, thanks for the fun. Or you hack an op for fun and they either constantly zone back and forth until they win or they just call your bluff and decide they would rather continue hunting and not come to the op fight. I'm glad you are all sticking with your principles here but I hate to break it to you, Pluto is not exactly in its most ideal situation. Pluto sucks right now. I'm so sick it in fact that half my clan is playing Diablo 2 instead (myself included). The only time I logged in the past 7 days was for Fight Night. Op fights aren't for fun. Neofrag is for fun. I'm not saying they arent enjoyable, Im saying theres a lot more on the line in op wars, and its not a simple issue of I want more fun.

Besides, almost every single one of 'no voters' I know for a FACT, never or seldomly participates in op wars, yet are claiming you want to have the option to go to an op war and not lose anything. Well, you dont op war anyways, so what would change besides your OPTION to lose something or not.

Lastly to the non Pluto players voting either way on this or commenting on this, no one cares about your opinion. Its a vote for Pluto players. Go post in your "reboot Saturn" thread please and leave this one to the people it would affect.

ichinin
22-06-04, 18:36
almost every single one of 'no voters' I know for a FACT, never or seldomly participates in op wars, yet are claiming you want to have the option to go to an op war and not lose anything.

I voted no, but i do use the ops for tradeskills & hunting. But more to the point, noone has ever invited me to an op fight, mainly because my faction dont own ops.

Mr_Snow
22-06-04, 19:20
Encourages zerging and zerging is bad.

Also hurts tradeskillers and hunters/levellers that usually hang about ops.

Disadvantages ppus more then other classes but thats not such a bad thing really.

Dont see any real advantage other then the winners getting free stuff and since people will be less willing to fight it will bring down the amount of op wars and increase gankings from bored people.

I didnt vote because I dont play on pluto but if it was on any server I play on I would vote no.

-FN-
22-06-04, 19:48
Process every night.

Do that x 81 and that's what we do every day - hence my other post about ethics. We don't want to be attacking things with no retaliation - because it's about the fight, not the OP. I could give a shit what colour the OP map is. But night after night, there's no opposition on, even though the entire map should BE the opposition :(

Shadow Dancer
22-06-04, 19:48
I voted no, but i do use the ops for tradeskills & hunting. But more to the point, noone has ever invited me to an op fight, mainly because my faction dont own ops.

Invite yourself, :p. Offer to fight on the side of some clans for the sake i've fighting. I've done it. :D

Archeus
22-06-04, 19:53
Thats what my Neocron life consists of. Then of course the times we decide to actually hack an op we usually get accused of ninja hacking and they just ninja hack it back from us the next morning. Im sorry but screw that.

Then you take all the ops, lock them. Then go find some of the faction that owned it (Doesn't matter who) and kill them. Take it personal to the faction and you will find more people fighting.

Besides, almost every single one of 'no voters' I know for a FACT, never or seldomly participates in op wars, yet are claiming you want to have the option to go to an op war and not lose anything.

There are things outside of op wars. People use outposts not just for op wars. There are a number of factors for holding an op. It is a shame that all you think is for a fight.

Jest
22-06-04, 20:24
There are things outside of op wars. People use outposts not just for op wars. There are a number of factors for holding an op. It is a shame that all you think is for a fight.No where in my entire post did I say the op is only for fighting. I don't, not even close. Quite frankly Im very surprised more people arent mentioning the hunting and leveling aspects of it. But MOST peoples justification for not doing this is made by people commenting on op wars, so I responded to it. Archeus please don't patronize me with posts like that. Its annoying as hell.

Carinth
23-06-04, 01:26
Yah I definitely value fights. Which is why I want belt drops. Process every night.

Thats what my Neocron life consists of. Then of course the times we decide to actually hack an op we usually get accused of ninja hacking and they just ninja hack it back from us the next morning. Im sorry but screw that. With belt drops I'd have a little more justification for taking and keeping ops from the assholes of the world. Right now there is zero point to hold an op without getting a fight from it. In a belt drop world I would have justification for holding ops, as would all the smaller clans.

How would belt drops encourage you to take ops if you're not taking them now? I think you're a little confused Jest. If you don't have motivation to hold an op, then you're not gonna hold the op. Belt drops don't really matter. If TG has noone around then they should not be holding their ops. If you say "they'll just ninja it back when we log off", then you're giving up. If you had the determination to hold the op, you'd take it right back as soon as you can. If TG truely isn't around enough, they will not be able to keep up. Belt drops won't magicly make TG show up to fight you.

If anything having belt drops at ops, will mean people come to fight less often. It'll *all* be ninja hacking. That's the easiest way to get an op with no risk of losing items. Trying to make op wars more fun is great, but this isn't the way.

Clownst0pper
23-06-04, 02:51
So let me get this straight..

You want a safeslot

You want belts to drop in war zones

So no one will carry more than one rare, you still have to hack the belts, and the only think valuable you will get, is a high slotted PPU none rare spell, or power armour.

wow

Bl@zed
23-06-04, 03:24
this should be on every server..

Jest
23-06-04, 07:20
How would belt drops encourage you to take ops if you're not taking them now? Because there is no reason to now. Im not necessarily this will create a wonderland of fun fights. Im saying I will have the motivation to take ops despite the gheyness that is Pluto. With belt drops none of us would want to be GR camped so that gives that little extra incentive to hold the op and have the option to go to GR to the UG. Other factions would most likely feel the same, and factions besides TG holding ops is a great start. Who cares if they are ninja hacked, I just want some color to the map so maybe we can actually start fighting each other and ignore the shithole position TG continues to put us through. None of us really gives a crap about ops now because its pointless.

At the very least I'll be able to GR to their precious little ops, gank them, take their belts, and leave before 30 people log on from another server. Thats worth it by far. ;)

Cr33p3r
23-06-04, 08:47
get you hands off pluto keep your smelly uranus rulz there not here

Exodia
23-06-04, 14:55
Because there is no reason to now. Im not necessarily this will create a wonderland of fun fights. Im saying I will have the motivation to take ops despite the gheyness that is Pluto. With belt drops none of us would want to be GR camped so that gives that little extra incentive to hold the op and have the option to go to GR to the UG. Other factions would most likely feel the same, and factions besides TG holding ops is a great start. Who cares if they are ninja hacked, I just want some color to the map so maybe we can actually start fighting each other and ignore the shithole position TG continues to put us through. None of us really gives a crap about ops now because its pointless.

At the very least I'll be able to GR to their precious little ops, gank them, take their belts, and leave before 30 people log on from another server. Thats worth it by far. ;)

And a stupid Beltdrop makes ur motivation to change the collor of the map? LOL
Did u think about be4 u was write it? There is nothing that will change if we get a Beltdrop!
Beside even more less ppl that whant to do a OP fight or that even think about OP fighting.
Ever think about small clans that may try OP fights now but not have everything in her clan? Like a Resser a Conster and a Barter? Who not got a quadrillion of money to build and buy everything 10 times at least so loosing one no matter anymore?
The Fight for the OP about the OP should be main not loot stuff from ppl!

If u say u log on an no Opponent is online, well may heard about Timezones? Ever tryed to talk to them? SXR talked to Silent as far as i know and recived to southern OP's around the City.
May something to think about!

Lexxuk
23-06-04, 15:06
I think safe slot and belt drops are totally carebear, i'd rather things back to the way they were in beta/early retail, no safe slot and no belt, you just dropped a random item from your quickbelt (so people carried chitin in their QB). It would be ok to keep the random drop from 10 most expensive items, but i'd rather safe slot and quickbelt were gone, for good, totally, even if that rule did make me lose a 7 slot tangent lightbringer 2. Whats the point in fighting, when all you lose is 5 minutes?

No risk, no reward.

Rai Wong
23-06-04, 19:04
you know what i'm tired of this stuff man, i'm not going to write an essay on why I think this, just simply:

Winners get free stuff, who wins the most? the big organized clans that dominate the map, the losers pay. who loses the most? the ones who want to challenge the system. Discouraging the ones who challenge the dominators = less less op fights.

I think people who think this will make more people op fight, or op fighting more fun is stupid, what has belt drops got to do with the fighting, this is after the damn fight. Also if everyone was noble and shit on english servers then its fine, but we know english players are fucked up and can't play to the rule of fun, so it will just encourage griefing.