PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Possibly a good start to a playerbase

alig
21-06-04, 19:30
Just found this on a website...it is quite a popular website as well. Maybe people will see it O_o

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_MMORPG_Neocron_Dome_of_York.shtml

Dirk_Gently
21-06-04, 19:36
Good to see.

Thanks for posting it. :)

Edit: Even if they do say it is "a free expansion for Neocron" :eek:

Doc Holliday
21-06-04, 19:39
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. read the full story bit. it says doy is free and its coming around april 03. :lol:

amfest
21-06-04, 20:06
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. read the full story bit. it says doy is free and its coming around april 03. :lol:
oh you mean the

Neocron Dome of York unveiled
for PC News by john_d at 19:02 22 January 2003

FuzzyDuck
21-06-04, 21:59
one of those screenshots has the shitty star wars logo thing. I think it might be quite recent just the text needs an update.

Benjie
21-06-04, 22:02
KK needs to start the advertising campaign soon.
They claim to have one, but if it's just there Trailer on the PC mag I really don't think that will be enough.
They need to stick it on PC Gamer in England and the biggest US Mag to get a larger fanbase, and thats just one part of the capaign.
They also need to wonder how there goona boost the reputation Neocron has in several mmorpg communitys.

For the reccord, CDV managed to get Neocron advertised on Gamepad on Bravo, England. They gave it a fairly decent review, except for the rat killing buisness.

Archeus
21-06-04, 22:03
Those screenshots are ancient, and I hope to the love of god that KK haven't picked that logo.

#1 = TH Center.
#2 = From a NEMA cover page (released later as normal page)

Rest are over a year old.

Benjie
21-06-04, 22:05
Those screenshots are ancient, and I hope to the love of god that KK haven't picked that logo.
Jeesus Christ.

The Logo isn't that bad. It just reminds you of SW. :rolleyes:
Agreed, it could be better, but if it's gonna cost KK money (and graphic designers are pricey) then just keep it.

Archeus
21-06-04, 22:07
Jeesus Christ.

Agreed, it could be better, but if it's gonna cost KK money (and graphic designers are pricey) then just keep it.

News flash they paid for that logo. The Logo shows absolutly no skill and a complete rip off of SWG.

Benjie
21-06-04, 22:12
News flash they paid for that logo. The Logo shows absolutly no skill and a complete rip off of SWG.
Thats 99% of Graphic Designers for you. :rolleyes:
KK didn't pay for the logo. You pay Graphic Designers by the hour. KK paid for it whether they took it or not.

News flash saying news flash makes you sound about 12 and so does saying kthnxbye.

Judge
21-06-04, 22:23
KK needs to start the advertising campaign soon.
They claim to have one, but if it's just there Trailer on the PC mag I really don't think that will be enough.
They need to stick it on PC Gamer in England and the biggest US Mag to get a larger fanbase, and thats just one part of the capaign.
They also need to wonder how there goona boost the reputation Neocron has in several mmorpg communitys.

Agreed, except for the fact that Zone>Gamer.

Jeesus Christ.

Well, it is that bad... it'll make NC look like a SWG wannabe. Also, there were loads of really good graphics in the thread about the new logo... the authors were offering them for free.

ZoraN
21-06-04, 22:39
Hello, since I havn't seen KK post the 2 new screenshots of BDOY ( What i know of ) I guess i will ;)

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_MMORPG_Neocron_Dome_of_York.shtml

Watch and enjoy :D

Syntax-Error
21-06-04, 22:40
hmm that first shot is just a improved tech haven shot. and i think the others where in the last nema. but still.. nice :D

Tratos
21-06-04, 22:44
i sence a merger with the farce...

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101739

Benjie
21-06-04, 22:44
this threads gonna get KOS. :p

-FN-
21-06-04, 22:49
Wow... they still are using the "Look, we can Photoshop over the Star Wars Logo" logo... when over 2.7:1 say "it sucks (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=95171)"

That's kinda funny :lol:

G.0.D.
21-06-04, 22:50
KOS like some sort of spy running around shooting people with his earp screaming "OMG IM A SILLY SPY, SEX" :wtf:

ZoraN
21-06-04, 22:51
whoops, already was in here.. well tbh i was looking for 1 who alrdy posted ( on page 1 ;P ) well he wins ;)

Doc Holliday
21-06-04, 22:52
have you seen the dates on the fuckin article? 8| :eek:

Gohei
21-06-04, 22:56
They still went with that star wars logo ?

amfest
21-06-04, 22:57
have you seen the dates on the fuckin article? 8| :eek:
yea alot of sites do it .. they are called archives of articles you can go back and look at to see where something has been if it has something related. It's not their fault that when they did the article in 2003 that the info they had changed. And after that there was no reason as we all know to post another article. I'm sure when the trailer comes out and maybe some good advertisment another article could be put up as they will have "ACTUAL" info to back up their articles rather than the BDOY sneek peeks we've been getting.

Nidhogg
21-06-04, 22:59
Thread merged.

N

notneo
22-06-04, 09:36
and the announcement is still for doy( the free one )

amfest
22-06-04, 09:46
Because they dont' really have any new info unless you count the sneak peeks on the vault. Besides if the previous news they have changed .. would you really want to go through the trouble of making another preview for something that might change again?