PDA

View Full Version : Protective measures for belts

ichinin
21-06-04, 09:35
Boobytrap belts!

When someone hacks it, let a trap go off like

* Poison (Damage/kill hacker)
* Shock (Hard to run from someone that want to PK to get belt back)
* XRay/Energy (Damage/kill hacker)
etc..

To use the popular phrase: "It's a cyberpunk game" after all right? The future we "live" in and after a few wars such measures would not have gone forgotten.

amfest
21-06-04, 09:38
I get boobietrapped for trying to hack a stambooster? errr . . .

Release Safeslot and I"ll agree with it maybe . . .

EDIT: personally I think the better SL the person has .. the more dmg it does to the hacker if he fails .. so a person with 100 SL gets killed and the hacker attempts to open the belt but he fails .. .instant death.

SynC_187
21-06-04, 09:49
hmm.

A completely bias poll.

What is carebear about wanting people to risk losing their belts?

I don't like the idea because its carebear. It will reduce the risk of losing your belt.

ichinin
21-06-04, 10:00
hmm. A completely bias poll.

Correct, this is a counter-thread to Benjies thread.

SynC_187
21-06-04, 10:39
Correct, this is a counter-thread to Benjies thread.

I'll have to look that one up :p

Judge
21-06-04, 11:02
No I'm a carebear PKer.

I hate noobs and want this game to die horribly. On a large spike.

*s*******************

Archeus
21-06-04, 11:07
The bomb should take up the safeslot. It should cause serious damage to anyone in the immediate area and the hacker should take the SL hit if anyone dies.

Of course the bomb lowers the hack level of the belt, and should increase the chances of a nice item in the belt.

The number of pips left after the hack should dictate how lethal the bomb is. If 0 pips then it should be almost to totally lethal. This means for red belts it become less of a threat.

Dajuda
21-06-04, 11:17
Whats a s******************?

Judge
21-06-04, 11:28
Its a type of snide or sarcastic laughter.

Scikar
21-06-04, 12:35
No. It's annoying enough that 9 times out of 10, despite being jumped from behind and still utterly wasting my attacker, I don't even get the stamina booster they drop. You're saying that the 1 time in 10 I have a hacker around to get the belt, it'll probably be booby trapped, killing me and the hacker? Fuck that.

mishkin
21-06-04, 12:40
What I'd like to see are belts that give almost no resists, but are harder to hack.... why not add the boobytrapped belts to this? You carry a belt that gives +10 to a few resists but is very hard to hack and if the hacker fails, he dies or gets badly wounded... :o

Archeus
21-06-04, 12:57
What would be nice is a huge skull laughing just before the hack starts, then the timer is a bomb fuse. If you can complete the hack before the timer hits 0 then you take no damage, otherwise damge is dependant on pips.

-=BlackBeard=-
21-06-04, 14:38
u must be a carebear if u dont wanna drop belts then put ure le back in