PDA

View Full Version : ..:: Melee Bug ::..

enigma_b17
21-06-04, 00:07
Been playin my melee tank alot recently and this melee bug is really really really beginnin to push my buttons. Having to chase a spiderbot across the zone to kill it bcause my shots do no damage is a bit annoyin. Is this a client side thing or is it something only kk can fix?

[edit] the bug is where u could be swiping away at a mob and it would just walk off shooting u with u doin no damage to it incase no1 knows of it :P

BlackwooD
21-06-04, 00:16
lol ya, hate it to. changeing your weapon sometimes help. I agree though it is lame

amfest
21-06-04, 00:19
I didn't really have that sorta problem with melee much and I was using a melee spy . . lol. Although I wouldn't chase things I'd get in front of them if they were trying to run away. and whack them as they were passing by. It works :o

Marx
21-06-04, 00:55
..:: Cast a heal before trying to hit it again ::..

It works all the time.

{MD}GeistDamnit
21-06-04, 00:58
Been playin my melee tank alot recently and this melee bug is really really really beginnin to push my buttons. Having to chase a spiderbot across the zone to kill it bcause my shots do no damage is a bit annoyin. Is this a client side thing or is it something only kk can fix?

[edit] the bug is where u could be swiping away at a mob and it would just walk off shooting u with u doin no damage to it incase no1 knows of it :P

That's not only a melee bug, it happens with all weapons and it is a pretty old bug as well. It happens a lot with spiderbots and houndbots, also some mutants and those cyberguards. I hate the bug too, but I can think of worse ones :p

amfest
21-06-04, 01:08
That's not only a melee bug, it happens with all weapons and it is a pretty old bug as well. It happens a lot with spiderbots and houndbots, also some mutants and those cyberguards. I hate the bug too, but I can think of worse ones :p
I think it's more noticeable cause you actually have to run after the mob with melee ;)

enigma_b17
21-06-04, 01:20
ive seen it once or twice on other spells but nearly every spider bot i attack 96% of them, this happens. Its even more annoying as the mobs call for help to all units within a certain radius of it which means by the time u kill it ud be dragging 5 or 6 units across the zone :/

ezza
21-06-04, 01:25
it works as a player as well, you can just run away from melee dude for no damage

Lisa
21-06-04, 02:07
Meelee is like chess. ((c) Swork) :p
If you take care of the delay and adjust your movement, you'll hit much better.

/edit BTW.: It's not a bug, it's just the delay. You try to hit the spider bot, but the spider bot has moved further in the meantime and the server says: "Out of range ! No hit.". If you think this part of a second ahead and move to the position, where the opponent will be, not where he is, you'll hit. The same is true for duels against fast opponents.

DonnyJepp
21-06-04, 02:09
http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=99346&highlight=melee

been said before.

I'd be fairly satisfied if they'd just remove the stupid little gatlin dogs, those things serve no purpose whatsoever.

rob444
21-06-04, 02:26
It's not only mobs that is the problem, a melee tank cannot hit a fast player sometimes also.

Lisa
21-06-04, 02:31
Sorry, perhaps we talk about different problems.
Number one is the difficulty to hit someone, who runs fast/away. That's a meelee typical problem because of the short range and the delay, but you can compensate that with your movement, if you are fast enough.
Number two are fleeing mobs. That seems to be a bug, because then you can't do any damage regardless of the weapon. It happens also sometimes with Warbots etc.

enigma_b17
21-06-04, 02:58
its definately a runner problem aswell. Its the only turn off there is for me hunting with my melee tank.

Normal hunting day:

-Find Warbot
-Walk close to warbot
-spiderbot attacks
-attack spiderbot
-get spiderbot to almost no health
-spiderbot throws on invincible mode and runs
-i follow the spider bot across the zone and pick up about 10 more on the way cause the bugger wont die
-go back to warbot to c spiderbot has respawned :\

Vid Gamer
21-06-04, 09:53
YES!!

It's also annoying on PvP. I could be right next to a guy swiping away yet he takes no damage! Stupid coding...