PDA

View Full Version : After building over 850 drugs ...

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 21:14
... i realised that construction needs an auto-BP reloader. Whenever an item is done, it looks for another BP of the same item and puts it in the processor.

My arm still hurts from the building :(

Benjie
20-06-04, 21:20
I don't care if a player is AFK, so yeppers.

Phlith
20-06-04, 21:39
Research has an auto-cube reloader so cst should have something of that nature.

Serpent
20-06-04, 21:42
YES, and for researchers the same !

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 21:51
YES, and for researchers the same !

already in. what i hate is the anti-macro feature (window and cursor go to random locations after a while) because I don'T macro and i have to deal with it anyway.

Saza
20-06-04, 21:52
http://www.neo-resource.co.uk/seal.gif

Phlith
20-06-04, 21:54
already in. what i hate is the anti-macro feature (window and cursor go to random locations after a while) because I don'T macro and i have to deal with it anyway.

As long as you press the stop button every 4 or 5 builds/bps the window will remain in one place.

-=BlackBeard=-
20-06-04, 21:58
that wud roxx my soxx

infact it deserves

http://www.neo-resource.co.uk/seal.gif

god bless saza :)

Psycho Killa
20-06-04, 22:01
You should of made it a public poll so we could see the asshat that voted no

Saza
20-06-04, 22:05
That's 2 seals already KK, take heed :p .

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 22:06
A few patches ago we were told that construction experience was redone and made higher.

I used to level n00b spies with constructions, making drugs or medkits or other small things i needed. Making about 200 medkits would give me about 30 int/dex, getting me out of the worst part of levelling (imo) ... i think each medkit would give a little over 1k experience.

Now i did it yesterday and i got about 100 exps int/dex per medkit/drug. After making 7 drugs i didn't levelled a single time.

Furthermore, after i switched to my real constructor (TL178/150 80int/dex) i noticed i don't get experience AT ALL making TL25 drugs. So i made about 850 drugs (see other thread) and while i made good money, i didn't make ANY experience. Even just 500-600 exps would have given me about half a million (which is low, but at least something.

Tradeskilling should be about as effective experience-wise as hunting. The same character with a different skill setup would have gained 3 millions in dex and ~2 in int by shooting warbots and other kinds of mobs within the same timeframe.

Currently it seems impossible to level a tradeskiller without forcing him to go out and shoot stuff, or forcing him to make items his clan doesn't actually need (such as 2500 rare drones)

Maybe i need to get some repair and VHC in order to go tank hunting and getting exps from repair? Not sure what's going on with repair exps after the exploit thing came in, but that's not what i had in mind when i made my constructor.

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 22:09
You should of made it a public poll so we could see the asshat that voted no

no, because people would not vote in the fear of you pking them :lol:

I still want to see people's actual opinion.

Gotterdammerung
20-06-04, 22:22
threads merged

Psycho Killa
20-06-04, 22:24
But sometimes some people vote no just to be an asshat and don't really mean no. This way if they vote no we can encourage them to post the reasoning behind there answer.

I dont mind people disagreeing with me as long as they have a reason behind there opinion. Not just cuz I say so.

/Gotter these 2 threads where totaly different.

Strych9
20-06-04, 22:55
I dont agree that a uber constructor should get exp for building TL 25 drugs. I am at 231/150 in construction, and I can get 40K exp per Punisher, which isnt half bad now.

I do agree that constructors should be able to level from scratch- before like Eps said a newb could get levels from building medkits or whatever.

But the last patch made it so high level constructors can level, but the newbs no longer can.

So give exp back to the newbs, but dont give exp to high level constructors when its only TL 25.

Heretic Shadow
20-06-04, 23:12
dear god yes...

msdong
20-06-04, 23:55
did anyone remember the time when u have to ddrag all the stuff you need into the processor ?

next thing that need to be changed is recycling ...

Epsilon 5
21-06-04, 01:00
did anyone remember the time when u have to ddrag all the stuff you need into the processor ?

next thing that need to be changed is recycling ...

yes

no (what? drag junk automatically? what if i don't want to use it all?)

IceStorm
21-06-04, 01:43
I would like to be able to drag, say, one rsch tool, one item, and five blank cubes into the processor, then click Start and have it make five BPs, one at a time. I'd also like the same for construction - drag the construction tool, all the BPs into the processor, then click start and have it automatically build all the items (or reject the failed BPs into inventory).

That's enough of a compromise for me. 10 BPs at a time and 11 constructions at a time.

DonnyJepp
21-06-04, 02:07
on the subject of research experience, I did about 28 techs this morning and made a million xp on my int 8x pure resser. At least one of the E's gave me 150k xp; But as usual with techs some of them rolled the negative numbers on KK's dice.

Still, not bad at all for 30 minutes of ressing.

Mr_Snow
21-06-04, 02:58
How will that game know what exactly you intend to construct if you dont put the cube of what you want built into the processor?

With research its easy for the server to know since you have the item you in the processor at all times but with construction you dont adn I dont think that there would be a way to program the game to anticipate what you want constructed at any given time.

In saying that it would be handy but probably too exploitable by macro.

Phlith
21-06-04, 03:30
In saying that it would be handy but probably too exploitable by macro.

Research is like what your describing here, once a tool is placed into slot 1 and an item in slot2 in your processor, your able to do about 4 or 5 bps without doing anything other than clicking start then stop, rinse repeat.

Agent L
21-06-04, 09:53
Auto loader:
No. Just make drugs BP work like ammo - you get 10 pieces from one build.

msdong
21-06-04, 10:22
yes

no (what? drag junk automatically? what if i don't want to use it all?)

its more like making dataqubes for recipes and use them.
did you ever make 249 adiclovin from scratch ?

Lanigav
21-06-04, 10:44
For the love of all that's holy and sacred YES!

sir retail
21-06-04, 10:55
Like been sad in this thread before..

i do think that constructing or ressing should always give you xp..
If you have an high level constructor you will not get any xp for making low level stuff. why?

They would help lowerlevel chars more if they at least would get a little xp.
I would be even happy if i would get like 10 or 100 xp for a tl 20 gun.

Not getting everyting is lame :)

what do you think

IceStorm
21-06-04, 11:10
Don't forget that XP for tradeskills has been lowered until they figure out a way to fix the repair exploit. The low XP gains for research and construction may be partially due to that (on low level chars, at least).

Strych9
21-06-04, 12:00
Don't forget that XP for tradeskills has been lowered until they figure out a way to fix the repair exploit. The low XP gains for research and construction may be partially due to that (on low level chars, at least).Nah. The DAY they came out with the new tradeskill XP patch I tried levelling a new Spy building medkits, just like I used to- TOTALLY nerfed.

They totally nerfed all newb tradeskill xp that patch... so it wasnt in reaction to the repair exploit. Perhaps it is even lower now... but it was WAAAAY to low when the patch first hit.

LTA
21-06-04, 12:06
I thought of ain like this when i was building my drugs

It makes it better for batch constructions, drones, drugs things you aim to slot, i don't mind people batch producing or afk auto producing

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif