PDA

View Full Version : Holy Lightnig ?

zii
20-06-04, 08:20
Quick question, and I can't find it in the Search options...

What apu-skills quantity does it take to cap an HL?

I used to know, but have since forgotten.

Shadow Dancer
20-06-04, 08:33
It depends on your PPW.

I think around 175-176 with 110 ppw will fully cap HL.

Benjie
20-06-04, 08:46
Holy Lightning Batman!

Why has nobody ever said that?

Omnituens
20-06-04, 08:49
Why has nobody ever said that?
Because it's not funny.

Benjie
20-06-04, 08:52
Because it's not funny.
But it's something that *needs* to be said!

Holy Lightning Batman!

Holy Pestilence Batman sounds better though. :(

zii
20-06-04, 09:09
hmm. i can do the apu, but i don't have anything in ppw. my psi pool comes from psu - hyrbid... oh well.

What should i use to be able to run-cast it, then?

Maarten
20-06-04, 13:33
If you're a hybrid, forget capping a HL... :)

-=BlackBeard=-
20-06-04, 14:33
OMFG BENJIE UVE GOT A GREAT POINT

HOLY ANTIBUFF BATMAN O_o
or even better

Holy PARALYSIS BATMAN O_o

Koshinn
20-06-04, 15:05
If you're a hybrid, forget capping a HL... :)

Lies.

Kami hybrid that's APU-centered can cap a HL and do PE-level buffs... all without PA on. They'll just have like... 0 energy resist and 0 pierce.

J. Folsom
20-06-04, 18:25
Lies.

Kami hybrid that's APU-centered can cap a HL and do PE-level buffs... all without PA on. They'll just have like... 0 energy resist and 0 pierce.
Was that before or after the APU Kami removed 30 PPU?

zii
20-06-04, 21:37
i think thats after the -30 kami change.

i've got approx. 168 in apu and 71 in ppu with pa on, and 56 in ppu with pa on.

with pa = s/d/heal/basic resist 2,
without pa s/bless.d/basoc.res.2
and currently int is 70 and psi is 86 (approx.) so that leaves another 14 points i can add to ppu or apu giving either 85 in ppu or 182(-ish) into apu without pa.

just need to wear a eng belt and some eny resist drugs and hope a piercing weapon isn't used... which is unlikly so i'll die :D

it would be nice to see that kami penalty dropped back a little, even by 10 points to a -20 ppu penalty. i live in hope.

Mr Friendly
21-06-04, 07:37
It depends on your PPW.

I think around 175-176 with 110 ppw will fully cap HL.

nah, not THAT much ppw, not sure bout it but i remember havin about 174 apu, about 93 ppw & was like 14 away from capin it so... the 175 or 176 apu & 90-93 ppw should cap it.

Koshinn
21-06-04, 09:06
Was that before or after the APU Kami removed 30 PPU?

After.
It'd be insane to have an APU Kami without the PPU deduction again. :) :) :)

Original monk
21-06-04, 09:53
After.
It'd be insane to have an APU Kami without the PPU deduction again. :) :) :)

never gonna happen, and its -40 apu

and if you wonna have a hybrid that fully caps HL then ya better make an apu and buff em with youre ppu on another account ...

a hybrid that caps HL is yust a gimped apu :)

ezza
21-06-04, 12:08
if your hybrid, your proberbly looking for damage of around 440-460 something in that region.

you say you got no psi power :wtf: man thats gimpy, you get psi pool and damage from the psi power skill

Menolak
21-06-04, 16:09
Lies.

So true.....just don't get hit. By anything. 10 bullets from an explosive SpeedGat will waste you on a bad day. I actually want to take out my Kami, but I lom'd all my resists into agility/athletics, so I think I might be screwed.

Cyphor
21-06-04, 16:18
as a hybrid you should put a min of 50 base in pwr imo, as it gives over twice as much to dmg than the one point you get per level in apu once over 100, not to mention it boosts ppu and pool as well...

jernau
21-06-04, 21:26
Kami hybrids 8| :wtf: .

ezza
21-06-04, 22:58
Kami hybrids 8| :wtf: .
think some people dont realise the negative to ppu it gives or somthing

Koshinn
21-06-04, 23:54
think some people dont realise the negative to ppu it gives or somthing

People do realize that. Kami chip is very point effective if you're mostly APU hybrid with some PPU (around PE level buffs). It is NOT effective if you're a 50/50 hybrid going for blessed shelter and holy nrg halo.

Same reason why Attack3 chip is point effectie in a mostly APU hybrid setup.

I made a post with the raw numbers comparing Attack3 to Exp Psi Con 3 and 2 a long time ago, if you look for it you can see why it's better to use than Exp Psi Con 2. A Kami Chip is even more APU than Attack3, so the same theory applies.

jernau
22-06-04, 05:24
If you are APU biased you are looking at about 80:120 base (varies a little obviously) so the +40APU and -40PPU balance each other out.

That leaves 15 MST in the 2XP/point category and the runspeed boost.

PSI-wise this is very slightly better than a EPC2 but at the expense of losing almost all your defence. The runspeed is handy but considering you can't afford ATL now because of your resists it's nothing special.

I wouldn't trade all my resists for a couple of % extra damage.

Shadow Dancer
22-06-04, 05:28
I agree Jernau. Besides, against the best players you need a better strategy then "just don't get hit".

Original monk
22-06-04, 09:33
People do realize that. Kami chip is very point effective if you're mostly APU hybrid with some PPU (around PE level buffs). It is NOT effective if you're a 50/50 hybrid going for blessed shelter and holy nrg halo.

Same reason why Attack3 chip is point effectie in a mostly APU hybrid setup.

I made a post with the raw numbers comparing Attack3 to Exp Psi Con 3 and 2 a long time ago, if you look for it you can see why it's better to use than Exp Psi Con 2. A Kami Chip is even more APU than Attack3, so the same theory applies.

hehe, a apu3 chip doesnt gives -200 energy and -100 pierce :)

when ya have a kami in youre head: even with blessed and/or holy buffs, pain easer/lib/gatling and especially holy lightning and cs will hurt alot ...

the +40 apu get neutralised by the -40 ppu ...

so youre doing all this for 15 extra mst ? -> ok you can relocate them to sumthing ya need badly but imo it isnt worth gimping youre defense by so much ... and as shadowdancer said above ... running around, not getting hit isnt the thing that gonna safe ya when youre fighting a decent opponent ...

Koshinn
22-06-04, 12:14
hehe, a apu3 chip doesnt gives -200 energy and -100 pierce :)

when ya have a kami in youre head: even with blessed and/or holy buffs, pain easer/lib/gatling and especially holy lightning and cs will hurt alot ...

the +40 apu get neutralised by the -40 ppu ...

so youre doing all this for 15 extra mst ? -> ok you can relocate them to sumthing ya need badly but imo it isnt worth gimping youre defense by so much ... and as shadowdancer said above ... running around, not getting hit isnt the thing that gonna safe ya when youre fighting a decent opponent ...

Well in the future APU Kami setup will be viable. Trust me.
And the +40 APU doesn't get neutralised by the -40 PPU. It has to do with spending 5 points for higher APU while spending 3 points for higher PPU at around that level. So not, not doing that for the 15 extra mst. It's also a KAMI chip that makes it POSSIBLE to do holy heal / holy lightning setup. It's not possible otherwise, which shows that Kami chip gives more than just mst.

And yeah, against good tanks (that hit with every burst regardless if you're running, jumping, shooting, ducking, taking a shit) theres not much you can do but hit him back.

jernau
22-06-04, 12:31
It does neutralise because most hybrids go APU-bias for HL (other setups are gimpage IMO). To do that you want about 120APU and 80PPU base.

Put in the Kami and you can remove 20x5 and 20x3 from APU. You then have to add 20x3 and 20x5 into PPU to get back to Blessed Deflector.

You can drift a little from those numbers depending on your setup but the gain is never going to be worth it.

Well in the future APU Kami setup will be viable. Trust me. I seriously doubt KK will remove the PPU malus and until then it's no help to a hybrid.

/edit - I can't see how you are going to get HL/HH with a kami. You can certainly do it without if you can get an external PSI3 and are happy to swap PA mid-fight. That's a NF setup though unless you want to die a lot to lag and confusion. Considering you need a second PPU or hyrbrid with you to cast the PSI3 you would be better having a pure APU/pure PPU team.

Original monk
22-06-04, 12:46
Well in the future APU Kami setup will be viable. Trust me.
And the +40 APU doesn't get neutralised by the -40 PPU. It has to do with spending 5 points for higher APU while spending 3 points for higher PPU at around that level. So not, not doing that for the 15 extra mst. It's also a KAMI chip that makes it POSSIBLE to do holy heal / holy lightning setup. It's not possible otherwise, which shows that Kami chip gives more than just mst.

And yeah, against good tanks (that hit with every burst regardless if you're running, jumping, shooting, ducking, taking a shit) theres not much you can do but hit him back.

yeah, i heard about making kamichips viable etc ...

and i see what ya mean by those 3 points and 5 points, its the apubased setup ya mean indeed

but its yust not worth it :) its especially the constant fear of apumonks ... there holy lightning cuts trough you ... nomather if ya have holy defense ...

it wasnt even a tank i was talking about: its that 1 pure energyspell that will nail you everytime :) HL

you choose hybrid for having good defense togheter with good attack ... the thing youre creating now is a boosted up apu with practically no energy and pierce ... tl 25 shelter and nibdeflector isnt that powerfull lol, and if you wonna spec for holy shelter etc then you gonna gimp yourself even more ... and probably ya gonna need paswitching lol ...

not my kind of chilled playing a hybrid :)

this is a nice exotic setup but isnt usefull practically :) cause youre resists suck bigtime ... simple

yeah i had that hybrid before and i still have my apukami lying in the appartment

if ya want a real hybrid of the old times then ya yust make a capped apu and shelter em foreign from youre own ppu or youre strapped on ppu :)

if ya wonna cap holy pestilance etc etc ya (apu) can put in a kami and get foreign ppubuffs ... but even a fully capped apu with fully capped holy buffs on him will have troubles staying alive when he gets holy lightning spammed, with a kami in he's head that is ffccourse

0 energy is a pain