PDA

View Full Version : [ot] I fuxxed my site... again... Pls help...

tomparadox
20-06-04, 02:03
Ok, so, i go to upgrade to phpnuke 7.3... i completly reinstall phpnuke, jest i use 7.3 so i go to the site and the right and left box things that has the links in em whont show up, but the storys will O_o. so, i removed php nuke 7.3. installed a version that came with my webhosting ( startlogic), wich sets itself up, well, i couldent logon to admin, i meen i logon it brings me to the page with all the options on it like downloads and settings and crap... i click on settings/properties and it asks me to logon. so i logon, still dosent work, so i use an update script that came with 7.3 to update it, still did the same thing, so at that, i completly deleted every phpnuke folder, every file that had to do with phpnuke install. Completly deleted the phpnuke database. reinstalled phpnuke with there program that dose it, and it automaticly setup the database, wich it did before, and its still fucked up...

Its not the fact that i was updateing, because iv done that before...

edit: jest to point out, iv changed my site because of the error its all on the forums i had now. so its not extreemly nessasary that i fix the phpnuke prob, i jest wanna know how i fuxxed it so bad, and maby a fix incase i deside to use phpnuke again...

Richard Slade
20-06-04, 02:46
This isn't a solution but a fun fact:
Any speedreader will notice that this is totally written for non-speedereaders
as it will turn out to say more like

"phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke logon logon logon crap phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke"

Dude learn to add lines in the text (No I don't know the correct name for it, I have no grades in english at all :p)

tomparadox
20-06-04, 02:54
This isn't a solution but a fun fact:
Any speedreader will notice that this is totally written for non-speedereaders
as it will turn out to say more like
"phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke logon logon logon crap phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke phpnuke"
Dude learn to add lines in the text (No I don't know the correct name for it, I have no grades in english at all :p)

lol :p ok, ill put it more simply

i get phpnuke 7.3. Then i replace 7.2 with the 7.3 install. After i get done doing that, the boxes/blocks that show the links disapear, and dont show up...

so then i go and reinstall 7.2, still dose the same thing, the blocks dont show up...

Then i reinstall the version that came with the webhosting. the blocks show up, but when i logon as an admin, i get the normal boxes, like donloads/users/properties and so on.
i click on IE properties, and it asks me to logon. i logon and im back were i started with the main admin page with the options like downloads and all that...

Then i go to the next lvl of reinstalling... i completly remove EVERY folder that php nuke installed along with every file. i completly deleted the database entirely.

then i whent and reinstalled it all useing there program. same problem as above, it keeps asking me to logon when i try to edit something...

so then i try to go and update the version they installed, still dose the logon thing...

i have absuolutly no clue as to what teh hell happend to it.. Id think it would work after completly reinstalling it from scratch...

Lexxuk
20-06-04, 14:12
if ur upgradin from 7.2 - 7.3, you need to follow the upgrade option, you cant just delete the files and reinstall. PHPNuke uses the MySQL database, where its stored lots of information, so you'll need to DROP the old database, then install 7.3 to avoid conflicts. Or try a real CMS (http://e107.org is friendly and nice)

tomparadox
20-06-04, 19:07
if ur upgradin from 7.2 - 7.3, you need to follow the upgrade option, you cant just delete the files and reinstall. PHPNuke uses the MySQL database, where its stored lots of information, so you'll need to DROP the old database, then install 7.3 to avoid conflicts. Or try a real CMS (http://e107.org is friendly and nice)
i did dat. the people on there forum said to reinstall phpnuke 7.2 then stick the upgrade script into the main directory of php nuke then run the script thru the browser by typeing in its adress in the adress bar. so i did that and it still fuxxed :/...

about the database i completly reinstalled it too, with there tool wich is what i did when i first installed 7.2 a while ago...
i uninstalled it with there tool too so...