PDA

View Full Version : I Miss Neocron And Suffering Withdrawal

Neocrons_coward
19-06-04, 23:54
Dear Neocron world,
I have been sentenced to moving out of home and moving in with a friend as there comes a time in life where one has to depart from that home where they lived for so long. It has been many many days and I have not found the correct shitty fucked up D link connection that is needed for me to route my computer to my friends who happens to own a MAC (How fucking aqward can one person be???)
I am not sure how to cope without the game. I feel anger inside when i hear the music i listened to when i played neocron. I have had to put my MP3's into a file and everything BECAUSE I MISS NEOCRON AND THE WORLD IT IS. I MISS MY CHARACTER AND MY FRIENDS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY I MISS KILLING PEOPLE LIKE LITTLETERROR (or attempting it.. so far score is 10/0 to that slut on legs). I miss sending some poor mutant to his or her grave and ensuring hell is done once and for all.. However I must persue my quest to find a D link router so that I can once again gain my passport and right into the world of neocron.
I plan to seek out whatever it takes to find my way home. I lie there every night on that springy sofa thinking to myself why me?? why has my whole life been based around neocron and now im paying with my symptoms.. I am struggling to come to terms with the fact I no longer suffer those endless nightmares of giant spiders on speed running at you about eighty thousand miles per hour and the giant rats that rip you apart infecting you with the T virus causing your mind to become that of a mutant. I miss the world i once grew up in from a boy into a teenager.. But sadly never made it to a man... I can only hope that in yearts to find someone finds this letter sprawled accross the land where i once stood and realises that I am in great need of help because I do NOT get paid for another two fucking weeks and i cannot take it no more *downs a bottle of Jack daniels*
tHE WORLD IS NOW GOING ALL FLUFFY AND BLURRY the trees are burning and I am in need of endless sleep.. Oh god what is this pain that I can feel the blood flows from my mind and i am going insane someone please help m,eeh hehe

ok lets just scrap the nutty impression of yahantica/zeon and try to focus on life and live it to the extreme whilst i can and just make it plain and simple by saying

NEOCRON I AM MISSING YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH AND ALL MY 15 VEICHLES...

LOTS OF MISSES AND REBELLIOUS BEHAVIOR

YAHANTICA

tomparadox
20-06-04, 00:17
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, a mac O_o, hell i like AMD a lot more than i like mac :p

Neocrons_coward
20-06-04, 00:41
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, a mac O_o, hell i like AMD a lot more than i like mac :p

wqhats AMD

Benjie
20-06-04, 00:43
whats AMD
Automatic
Mac
Destruction

Neocrons_coward
20-06-04, 00:46
Automatic
Mac
Destruction

ah kewl lol... mac should be that its shite but me and flat mate only fight over which is better

rob444
20-06-04, 00:47
Did we mention an in-game name maybe? ;)
Anyway, judging after your forum account registration you have been playing a couple of months and then you will feel "neocron is my life". When you've played over a year with the same bugs, same people and same old story you will realize how much you just want to kill yourself to get rid of Neocron, Neocron is like a drug, Neocron should be illegal :p

Sorin
20-06-04, 00:48
wqhats AMD

Advanced Micro Devices, which is based about 15 minutes from where I live. They make processors, like Intel does (who happens to be based 5 minutes from where I live).

AMD Athlon, Duron, etc.

Benjie
20-06-04, 00:50
ah kewl lol... mac should be that its shite but me and flat mate only fight over which is better
Yeah I was kinda kiddin' Neocron's C. Sorins got it for ya'. They make processors. You know, those things that drop of warbots.

rob444
20-06-04, 00:55
And the processors that is being dropped by Doy bots is Intel Pentium ;)

Mumblyfish
20-06-04, 01:51
And the processors that is being dropped by Doy bots is Intel Pentium ;)
Can't be. I haven't seen any DoY bots randomly burst into flames yet ;)

tomparadox
20-06-04, 01:56
Automatic
Mac
Destruction
LOL, i wish... :p

AMD as said above is a prossesor, wich im starting to *somewhat* like now...

edit:

Can't be. I haven't seen any DoY bots randomly burst into flames yet ;)

rofl

Richard Slade
20-06-04, 02:50
The correct name for MAC is actually "MAC?"
"Miss A Cpu?"

Sorin
20-06-04, 03:39
Speaking of Mac

old, but funny video (http://viral.lycos.co.uk/attachments/1986/mac2.wmv)

phunqe
20-06-04, 04:35
You who clank down on MAC:s all the time.
Have you even used one (and I'm not talking the old ones before OS X) for a longer period of time?

I use one at work, where I do all my development. Let me list a few points.

* UNIX based. Start a shell, and you are "inside" the computer. Total control. No more "omg you cannot change this because I'm windows and I know what is best for you".

* No bluescreens (apart from when you fuck up the kernel that is).

* No "omg I installed notepad.exe OMG I MUSTAR REBAAT!!!!!". FFS.

* Built in applications such as cd-burner, mail, calendar, itunes, safari (no crap IE) etc are actually thought over before put into the OS. Outlook express?!

* No viruses (not such a popular platform yes, but the thing is you cannot make the kind of stupid viruses as for windows. I.e "omg I watched an email, my computer blew up"). Just because you might find an exploit in a program doesn't mean that you automatically should be able to execute whatever?!?

* Develop in C, C++, java? IDE built right in, development tools all there. No invisual +++.net whatever.

And the best point for last:

* MAC OS X actually rivals OpenBSD when it comes to most secure default OS installation.

...and the ability to play games doesn't in my opinion matter when it comes to a GOOD OS. Sure, wan't to play games, run windows. I have no objections there.
Still, I find it rather funny that I get better performance in ut2004 (and other OpenGL games, no DX crap) on my mac at work than my good PC at home.

If you have to bash MAC, then tell us why instead of appearing like you don't now squat about it.

Thank you (almost 5am and I'm getting cranky).

LiL T
20-06-04, 06:40
I MISS MY CHARACTER AND MY FRIENDS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY I MISS KILLING PEOPLE LIKE LITTLETERROR (or attempting it.. so far score is 10/0 to that slut on legs).

:D

sorry dude its just a game no need to get all hate filled :angel:

tomparadox
20-06-04, 08:34
Have you even used one (and I'm not talking the old ones before OS X) for a longer period of time?

* UNIX based. Start a shell, and you are "inside" the computer. Total control. No more "omg you cannot change this because I'm windows and I know what is best for you".

* Built in applications such as cd-burner, mail, calendar, itunes, safari (no crap IE) etc are actually thought over before put into the OS. Outlook express?!

* No viruses (not such a popular platform yes, but the thing is you cannot make the kind of stupid viruses as for windows. I.e "omg I watched an email, my computer blew up"). Just because you might find an exploit in a program doesn't mean that you automatically should be able to execute whatever?!?

* Develop in C, C++, java? IDE built right in, development tools all there. No invisual +++.net whatever.

* MAC OS X actually rivals OpenBSD when it comes to most secure default OS installation.

...and the ability to play games doesn't in my opinion matter when it comes to a GOOD OS. Sure, wan't to play games, run windows. I have no objections there.
Still, I find it rather funny that I get better performance in ut2004 (and other OpenGL games, no DX crap) on my mac at work than my good PC at home.

If you have to bash MAC, then tell us why instead of appearing like you don't now squat about it.

ill admit, its good for work, but i dont work, so i dont like it. why dont i like it? because noone makes games for it... i dont realy hate it, i jest wouldent use it because half to all the shit you do on windows, wich is alot of things, dosent work on a mac...

edit: btw, i have all the gfx on UTS sound quality and all of that turned onto full/high/very high whatever its called, and i play online and get no lag/fps lag what so ever... If a mac could run all the games, then i might try it... about the windows errors i think theres a way to get around it, but yea they do piss me off... and i know people dont like XP(at lest i think they dont ) i for some reason get no crashes at all ever on windows XP. the only crash i get is when im runing mazilla with like 50 websites opend on the tap thing at the top SmartFTP winamp, AIM + chats, trillian + chats( my MSN is fucked up so i use trillian ) + a game... and actuly it dosent crash it jest starts to lag, i jest get pissed off and crash it...

Magic Sausage
20-06-04, 10:46
I wold have to agree with the dude above...

Mac = Work

PC = Anything but Work

Deathzor
20-06-04, 10:57
Im sorry :( .

rob444
20-06-04, 13:49
Quake 3 was released on MAC first, mainly because ID Software wanted to eliminate most bugs for the upcoming PC version (which speaks for itself). Quake 3 on mac looks great, it's a small difference to the PC version, on MAC for example some of the textures acts like mirrors (which reflect everything) which looks REALLY nice. That's the only thing I remember in Quake 3 mac version though, but it sure looked better than the PC version. MAC is a great computer and is not only designed for work as everyone says, I have never owned a MAC but I know an old friend of mine who is a MAC owner and his fathers company used MAC's, we went there after school and played games over LAN and it was great, just like PC. And the one button mouse is a standard, it's for new users, there are 2+ button mouse to MAC's too. The OS? It's just different, it's like comparing Windows to Linux which you cant compare...

Archeus
20-06-04, 14:40
Mac piddles all over the PC, but the mac is too expensive.

Btw, get your friend to just buy a router.

phunqe
20-06-04, 15:09

Sorry about that btw... was really tired and cranky...

Also, I hope you'll manage NC'sC :) NC withdrawal can be nasty :p
If you cannot play, try other activities if possible, it usually helps...

Neocrons_coward
20-06-04, 15:28

Tell him about mac Well what i noticed is

1, Mouse has no 2 buttons nor ball in middle
2, it dont have a floppy drive (this panther osx 10.2.3 or whatever it is dont)
3, takes longer to load
4, doesnt have as many ports
5, is named after a fruit
6, unable to operate any decent games
7, takes a long route to copy and paste and spend days trying to figure it out

i couild go on but dont wanna destropy mac :P hehe

neocrons coward

Neocrons_coward
20-06-04, 15:30
:D

sorry dude its just a game no need to get all hate filled :angel:

hehe sorry got hyper on apple and melon j2o coz im illergic to alcohol so dont ever blame me fopr being pissed.. After 2 j2o's i go really really hyper (good thing my nova isnt worth much.. but the insurancxe is more than the valuye of the car :P)

but its all good fun i look forward to seeing u again lil T so i can turn into a bastard of an axe murder and do a victor from big brother and go skipso and ill pretend ur that oldham woman whos got teeth lkike bugs bunny hehe

Neocrons_coward
20-06-04, 15:32
ill admit, its good for work, but i dont work, so i dont like it. why dont i like it? because noone makes games for it... i dont realy hate it, i jest wouldent use it because half to all the shit you do on windows, wich is alot of things, dosent work on a mac...

edit: btw, i have all the gfx on UTS sound quality and all of that turned onto full/high/very high whatever its called, and i play online and get no lag/fps lag what so ever... If a mac could run all the games, then i might try it... about the windows errors i think theres a way to get around it, but yea they do piss me off... and i know people dont like XP(at lest i think they dont ) i for some reason get no crashes at all ever on windows XP. the only crash i get is when im runing mazilla with like 50 websites opend on the tap thing at the top SmartFTP winamp, AIM + chats, trillian + chats( my MSN is fucked up so i use trillian ) + a game... and actuly it dosent crash it jest starts to lag, i jest get pissed off and crash it...

My windows xp has never crashed,,, well it did 2 yrs ago wghen i dropped it down the stairs and took it bvack saying i brought it took it home and it was broken ... had it 5 seconds tho they replaced it tghat way YAY :)

Neocrons_coward
20-06-04, 15:35
Sorry about that btw... was really tired and cranky...

Also, I hope you'll manage NC'sC :) NC withdrawal can be nasty :p
If you cannot play, try other activities if possible, it usually helps...

other activites... hmmmm do i dare ask WHAT you are thinking... hehe... Well withdrawal symptoms are really really bad and i would get my mate to buy the router (link above) but he would get thje biggest shock whenb i move and his five macs cannot be linked together... with my windows no more hehe..

Gms i beg u makje a offline version of this game for macs or sdomething it woiuld be an idea but enver to happen lol... even if i have to walk around in the room of my apartment ehe

until i return i guess ill have to look at the pretty pictures on the site as i cant read:P hehe

rob444
20-06-04, 15:36
I remember an old clip on the internet where a couple of guys wins Windows XP on some contest. They throw it to the ground at stage and starts to jump on it and leaves :P

Bred
20-06-04, 16:12
{Open: Rant}

Macs are teh pone joo. Name another system you can buy direct, pre set up, running everything normal, nothing queer that has two 64 bit procesors running at 2.5ghz (eqvuilent speeds around the same as the Althon FX-53) and runs 8 gigs of ram. If THAT can't play games well then the world is gone to shit. But I had an iBook G3 700mhz 256 ram and it ran games fine, albeit I had to do a little cracking to get americas army to work on it (it reads the procesor speed and says "I require 800mhz" which is a lie). I wish KK would come out with a mac version of the game so i can play when i'm touring. But I do not expect it. Give a mac a chance and you will like it me thinks. A few years back i was adamently anti mac, then i worked with some people that had them, was forced to use them, then i bought one. You can buy multi button mices if you desire, but you don't really need it, unless you are gaming. But I think that if you just give it a chance you'll like it. It's kinda lik Kill Bill, media says "omfg it's violent, it's soo violent!" so then mothers of america assume it is the devil. Then one goes to see it and is like "wtf this is cartoonish like violence, who the hell said it so gory?" I don't know anybody that has seen the movie themselves and still says it is the most violent movie ever made. So in short give macs a chance, you may like it.

{Close: Rant}

For some of you europeans, are macs widely used over there or are they just something us crazy us people use?

Bred

phunqe
20-06-04, 19:55
Tell him about mac Well what i noticed is

3, takes longer to load

i couild go on but dont wanna destropy mac :P hehe

neocrons coward

Ok :p

1) Just plug in which even mouse you want. I use a Logitech MX500 on mine.

2) What is this? 1980? :p

3) You know why you would notice this? Because on windows you actually have to restart quite often. With Mac OS X you don't, so it's not an issue.

4) You mean more 1980's stuff like parallel port and serial port? :p How about, as standard, firewire (both versions including the newest one), usb 2.0 and usb hub in the keyboard... You even have a USB hub in the monitor.

5) Better a fruit than a peeper.

6) I don't argue with this one. Some major games tends to be released for the mac however, like quake, ut etc.. but no mmorpgs as far as I know.

7) Yes, it's very hard to move the finger and press applekey-C and applekey-V instead of ctrl-C and control-V :lol:

;)

Mumblyfish
20-06-04, 20:00
Mac > PC. I'm so good that my word is law. I mean, get an iPod and a Powerbook and your sex quotient goes up ten billion points.

Doesn't get any games though. Quake and UT for Mac are stories made to scare the kids.

Benjie
20-06-04, 20:01
I hate Mac.

4mb upgraded 512 Atari STE W/ 4mb Hard Disk & 14" 4 Colour Moniter > Everything

The 1337 setup from yesteryear.

:angel:

Archeus
20-06-04, 20:35

Optical mice are better. Also you can plug in any USB mouse you want. Did you know that Mac used USB long before windows and was more compliant too?

Who here uses a floppy drive anymore? I don't. I haven't used a floppy drive in years. CDRW or DVD-R are fine. How long did it take for windows to catch up in that area?

3, takes longer to load

What takes longer? You mean boot up? It has a more stable hibernation then windows does, meaning it boots up just as fast.

Depends on the spec you get.

So are you :p

It can play windows games as well as macintosh games. It will even play Windows 3D games if you have a good 3D card in it.

I have no idea what you are talking about.