PDA

View Full Version : anyone chinese?

Andruil
19-06-04, 13:43
I wonder what the chinese characters in the Black Dragon logo mean. Here´s a link to a shirt with the logo: Black Dragon t-shirt (http://www.nukleartest.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=151).

I wouldn´t want to buy one of these and have to notice one day that it reads "I like running around in pink bunny suits" or something... :D

cRazy2003
19-06-04, 15:10
it means 'crazy owns yo ass bitches'

Wank3r
19-06-04, 15:18
It says KK doesn't have a fucking item log so they can't replace Wank3r's lost droner and his MC5 Chip due to their server trouble...

greendonkeyuk
19-06-04, 15:29
yeah i lost my mc5 chip in the server troubles too mate...... everyone did. its hardly on topic is it. sorry im not chinese and i dont know what (if anything) that logo means. have you tried searching google? for a chinese dictionary i mean.

Tratos
19-06-04, 16:19
it probably just says Black Dragon as its in two blocks of characters and the second is longer.

Meh just my guess

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 17:23
it probably just says Black Dragon as its in two blocks of characters and the second is longer.

Meh just my guess

That's a bad bad way to think about the Asian language as they're nothing like ours.
Long words are short, short can be long, describing stuff can be with one letter or ALOT..
And afaik just "Dragon" has it's own "letter"
I had a shirt once with a dragon on and 5 "letters"
And I actually asked one at a restaurant what it mean
And just these five "letters" meant "Carrying a big dragon to protect your heart will bring you much luck"
:cool:

Tratos
19-06-04, 17:24
That's a bad bad way to think about the Asian language as they're nothing like ours.
Long words are short, short can be long, describing stuff can be with one letter or ALOT..
And afaik just "Dragon" has it's own "letter"
I had a shirt once with a dragon on and 5 "letters"
And I actually asked one at a restaurant what it mean
And just these five "letters" meant "Carrying a big dragon to protect your heart will bring you much luck"
:cool:
Note to self, never question asian languages again, lol

Chinese > Me lol

rob444
19-06-04, 17:26
I bet the chineese characters on the BD logo is a recipe for spicy noodles with fried chicken.

Zu (Pluto)
19-06-04, 19:25
The words don't really say anything. Heck, some of them (read: most) are even upsidedown. As far as I can tell KK just took some random characters and strung them together. If there's a hidden message in it, I don't get it.

Zu

PS. Actually, the words do say something. Just not as a sentence.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:30
The words don't really say anything. Heck, some of them (read: most) are even upsidedown. As far as I can tell KK just took some random characters and strung them together. If there's a hidden message in it, I don't get it.

Zu

Care to tell us what Zu?

Andruil
19-06-04, 20:01
Upside down? Then read them backwards! :D

Shujin
19-06-04, 20:18
It says KK doesn't have a fucking item log so they can't replace Wank3r's lost droner and his MC5 Chip due to their server trouble...
no it means KK doesn't have a fucking item log so they can't replace Shujin's droners money due to their server trouble...

Eddie
19-06-04, 23:39

Zu

What Zu said is correct (are you chinese too? =D)

Hrm.. I can recognise a few characters - but as some are very complex, I need a better resolution pic to see them.

I can tell you:

First character on the left:
Pronounced "Hung" (cantonese) - it means airborne - or in the air
The fourth char is "mao" - meaning cat
Fifth is "Sing" - meaning star
Sixth is "Fa" - meaning flower
7th and 8th chars don't look like they're upside down.
And the ones I didn't mention are too complicated.

They are upside down and back-to-front I think - if you turned each char upside-down, and read from right-to-left.. they might make some more sense.
But seeing as I can't see them properly.. I can't tell you the sentence (whether it makes sense or not is another matter)

Eddie

msdong
20-06-04, 00:07
i thought its like "who can read this is dumb"..

Vampire222
20-06-04, 00:16
[ edited ]

Rai Wong
20-06-04, 00:19
hmhm I am chinese but it doesn't make any sense. It could barely mean
"The strength of a dragons eternity" if you read it for native chinese on post traditional style, but generally no I can't make the sense out of it... it doesn't look so chinese, the words are warped around and some of them are japanese words, and som upside down, others seem to be from the post traditional era.

Nidhogg
20-06-04, 00:22
You won't understand it - the various languages have to evolve for another few centuries yet.

N

phunqe
20-06-04, 00:29
I think Eddie got it somewhat right...

It's about a man who jumps on a plane to see his beloved cat.
With him, he has flowers for it.
However, in a misguided 10,000 feet club attempt, he slips and hit his head in the toilet sink. So now all he sees is stars.

The morale of the message is simple. Just because you join Black Dragon, don't think you gonna get laid.

Aaaalrighty then? *twitch*
I-I-I-I'll just sit over here o-o-kay then.
*twitch*

rob444
20-06-04, 00:29
You won't understand it - the various languages have to evolve for another few centuries yet.

N

Or someone at Reakktor didnt do enough research :p

Koshinn
20-06-04, 06:19

N

omg hax. That's the type of excuse that makes perfect logical sense in every way, yet still seems like an excuse rather than something planned. >.< English (or German for that matter) hasn't changed, so why Chinese? I think most are upside down, but I have a small monitor and bad resolution so I can barely make them out as blurs.

Andruil
20-06-04, 16:03
Well then... thanks for the fish.

greendonkeyuk
20-06-04, 19:43
english hasnt changed? uve never read chaucer then?

Benjie
20-06-04, 19:46
English hasn't changed,
omg h4x... R |_| K!DD!|\|G /\/\3???///forwardslash

"Crikey! Are you playing with me old chap?"

3|\|g1I58 845 C8 |-| |\|G3D |_04|)5 !!!!1111eleventhousandoneonehundredandeleven

"The Propper English language hasn't altered one damn bit!"

They didn't talk like that in the 21st century! :p

Archeus
20-06-04, 20:39
It says "MEOP MEOP!! >_<"

G.0.D.
20-06-04, 21:01

In the futer every secound letter will be upside down!? Evolution at it's finest.

Eddie
21-06-04, 02:59
hmhm I am chinese but it doesn't make any sense. It could barely mean
"The strength of a dragons eternity" if you read it for native chinese on post traditional style, but generally no I can't make the sense out of it... it doesn't look so chinese, the words are warped around and some of them are japanese words, and som upside down, others seem to be from the post traditional era.

I believe it is in chinese or japanese (these languages are very similar - the old myth goes that the chinese emperor's people from were told to find the secret of immortality.. but when they couldn't find it (suprise!) they feared for their lives and went to japan. And they couldn't remember how to write some chinese characters, so they made their own up. So that's why japanese has so many chinese characters in).

And from the complexity of the characters, I would say that is traditional Chinese used in the south of China (Guangzhou), and in Hong Kong, whereas Simplified Chinese is used in the north, near the capital.

They're just upside down, they don't look too warped.

Well.. in the end this is art: it doesn't have to mean anything or have any particular reference - as long as it looks good most people will settle for it.

But then there are the occasional few who can read it and then get annoyed when it doesn't mean anything =)

Eddie

eric-the-ded
21-06-04, 04:55
think of it as engrish (http://www.engrish.com) in reverse.
like.. chinapean or japanerican.

btw.
i'm caucAzn. i just like sayin that.

Jeros82
21-06-04, 08:33

N

And then we'll find out it's the KFC's menu in chinese :lol:

Koshinn
21-06-04, 08:52
I believe it is in chinese or japanese (these languages are very similar - the old myth goes that the chinese emperor's people from were told to find the secret of immortality.. but when they couldn't find it (suprise!) they feared for their lives and went to japan. And they couldn't remember how to write some chinese characters, so they made their own up. So that's why japanese has so many chinese characters in).

Really?

I was told that Japan just didn't have a writen language so they stole it from China. They then took some characters (kanji in japanese, literally means chinese character) and simplified them, making hiragana and katakana.

btw, Chinese and Japanese aren't similar at all. Nothing about them is the same except their written language, the word for the number 3 and library (all I can remember right now). Mandarin-Japanese I mean, I don't know any other dialect.

english hasnt changed? uve never read chaucer then?

What are you talking about? We're discussing the change from the current time into the future that is Neocron. What does chaucer have to do with that? If you want changes in the English language, look at the mid 16th century english bibles, the first books ever printed.
Example: http://www.biblesociety.com.au/BS/Bible/tyndale.jpg

N said Japanese (or chinese) has changed between NOW and the late 28th century. That's perfectly feasible because of nuclear apocalypse, but then why hasn't English as a language changed IN THAT SAME PERIOD? Or german? Notice how you can read the signs. :-P

Another point, notice the katakana below ASG signs? I can read it but.. what the hell does it mean?
sutte_kupi toshihimitege
the underscore _ is a character I can't make out. I don't think it makes any sense.. anyone know german? Is that similar to any words relating to ASG?

Archeus
21-06-04, 09:22
btw, Chinese and Japanese aren't similar at all. Nothing about them is the same except their written language, the word for the number 3 and library (all I can remember right now). Mandarin-Japanese I mean, I don't know any other dialect.

There is a somewhat common section of the language that is shared with Chinese, Japanese, Korean. In Korean that portion is called Hanja (written). The characters are similar meanings across the three languages. Hangul is much easier to read though.

Prehaps for BDOY they will put in proper translations so that the Asian players will feel at home.

but then why hasn't English as a language changed IN THAT SAME PERIOD?

Meop? Res, Rez, GR,

Eddie
21-06-04, 13:01
Really?

I was told that Japan just didn't have a writen language so they stole it from China. They then took some characters (kanji in japanese, literally means chinese character) and simplified them, making hiragana and katakana.

I was referring to the written parts of both languages - everything else is completely different I assume - spoken/written.
Somone who is very proficient in chinese can usually make out the meaning of written japanese - such is the similarity between the two (*cough* playing jap games).

But anyway, that is the old chinese myth I believe. Japanese people might argue it's slightly biased, and so have a different version :)

Eddie