PDA

View Full Version : Quick policy question

seraphian
19-06-04, 09:20
OK, I absolutely agree with restrictions on flaming people (don't hate me for this post please!), it's been getting out of hand sometimes, especially in OP wars, where a big war can turn all of NC-trade and OOC into a solid river of flame..

my question is, what exactly is allowed or not?

I mean my some of my characters (In character I mean) are pretty agressive (my tanks, my APU) and they do talk a little smack on occasion...

am I going to get a temp-ban (or a perma bad :eek: ) for telling a PKer to fuck off? or just telling someone that they suck at PvP... (those words, nothing stronger than 'fuck', and even that sparingly)?

I don't want to offend anyones sensibilities, but I don't want to have a tough-as-nails genetank killing machine going around 'dreck, that was a rather lousy shot now wasn't it... oh poop I've missed my target, who was a rather disagreeable fellow' when he would most likely say: "damn missed the asshole"

amfest
19-06-04, 09:34
why does it have to be missed that asshole? . .why can't it be Missed that TG scum or something along those lines. Profanity is overated :p People find it insulting just because its' well . .profanity. lol. Anyhow you should know when you've crossed a line. There is an acceptable limit. I doubt you'd get banned over saying something like that . . but if you constantly were harressing someone and/or attacking them in personal style ways or using racist or things to do with sexual preference then you're really going on thin water there. Use common sense I believe it's been stated in a few threads already -_-;; and they all got closed :p

Original monk
19-06-04, 10:01
There is an acceptable limit. I doubt you'd get banned over saying something like that . . but if you constantly were harressing someone and/or attacking them in personal style ways or using racist or things to do with sexual preference then you're really going on thin water there.

insults involving racism or sexual flavour arent allowed, since the beginning wich is very understandable

but for the rest i still think its a vague line, im afraid for the people who are going to use this rule to there advance, dont get me wrong im bored of all the harrasments and insult (on saturn) also ...

but im afraid people will even abuse this mechanism, shamely, cause everyone says something wrong at a certain time ... maybe not repeadetly and in a sexual, racistical nature, but still

but hey, let the GM's filter out the really annoying persons, it will do saturn good to kick a few of the peeps with the kiddymentality :P

then maybe the rest gonna think twice before they gonna start there insults, seemingly sumtimes taking up to an hour or longer :)

but actually i gotta be quiet cause sumtimes i can be mad as hell also online, for example when they made the apukami -40 ppu i wasnt exactly in a good mood... and the rants i posted on the forum (about 2 A4's) got removed before i could even correct em on spelling 8|

anyways we'll see where this gets, people gotta learn to express there unhappyness in a normal way :)

(ooc) like:
dont say: you fucking freaking nonsense retard i gonna KEEL YA
but say: you seem to not understand wat i say to you, weird person, i think the next laugh gonna be mine

dont say: you stink
but say: i smell sumthing

dont say: you talk outta youre ass
but say: i detected some e.coli during our conversation

or sumthing like that :P

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-06-04, 13:08
They will probably close this thread :/

but in my opinion if I dont like someone and I say "fuck you" or "go fuck yourself" or "piss off n00b" I dont want to get banned. I have yet to get harrased in NC by anyone, nor have I myself personally attacked anyone. I might kill people say in a tank and then when they log alts to try and kill me, as I'm speeding away in the tank, stop every now and then to say "ha ha fuck yo momma" or something to make them chase me more. Also I might PK someone and when they dm me to bitch I will say " put your LE back in cause you suck hard" or a lot of various nasty things.

I really HOPE that kind of shit is not bannable and would like clarification on it, cause I sure as hell wont play a game where I cant be the bad guy to the extent I want to be. :/

rob444
19-06-04, 16:10
Well, people has called me "you cock sucking cunt, fuck your mother" etc.. sent it to abuse a long time ago and according to them it wasnt offensive. I dont know about now, dont know why it was acceptable before and not now.

SilentEye
19-06-04, 16:12
Why don't you just go to P2 and lick icecream?

rob444
19-06-04, 16:13
As far as I know there is no icecream in-game :/

phunqe
19-06-04, 16:46
I think you can insult people with pretty much every word in the dictionary, as long as you don't include racial or sexual preference ones :)

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 16:58
Quick note: Sexual taunting is WAY more accepted than racial.
And I might just get a ban for saying that some certain people are VERY touchy on some points of "racism" that I don't even call racism..
Point is, don't go there, it's bad m'kay..
Although you are, in terms of words only, allowed to tell someone the truth IIRC...
So calling any male char a wanker wouldn't be a horrible thing since most are. (Yes you are)
I belive that the rule break comes when you type more taunts than your enemy...
But just screamin' through PP
"Hey you little fairy! I'll make you fall harder than a fatal slapstick joke!"
is ok, if you do it once, however, if you lose the fight, they're allowed to laugh at you without you taunting them any more.
Also I might point out that the times I've had my ... err.. vacations, Nid has CLEARLY pointed out that's it all different from case to case..
So try to taunt them in a ... good(?) way..