PDA

View Full Version : ..:: Hybrid Setup ::..

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 00:59
Just lookin to get some pointers on my hybrids setup, i wanted to go for a blessed def/shelter/res/holy halo setup and i think this will let me do it, not sure if it will work efficiently though, any thoughts?

http://www.visualinsanity.net/images/nc/hybridsetup2.jpg

plague
19-06-04, 01:04
hehe, ds core moveon and exp psi 3 filter heart 2, spec 121 in both ppu and apu and 63 mst rest in psi power....u'll have holy energy halo and blessed shelter holy deflector, olmost as good as ppu but with holy energy halo... :D

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 01:06
Add a heavy fire + str heart 2, also, loose the implant, u need the psi use for more psi pool.

Apart from that you should be fine

plague
19-06-04, 01:10
Add a heavy fire + str heart 2, also, loose the implant, u need the psi use for more psi pool.

=P moveon is for filter heart 2, i prefer it over str heart, monkeys need all xray resist they can get...

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 01:18
cant afford to put a moveon in, i need the psi use the imps give me :P, plus i didnt put a ds in as i avent got one yet, and mayb a long time so i need to c a setup without it :). I ave the poke so i can poke myself, i dont like relying on other ppl to poke me. Only prob i can c is that i dont ave much apu to cap an nrg halo, even with pa2 on (as i wont ave enuf psi to use pa3 as im not using a ds/ppu/apu chips etc. Any recommendations?

plague
19-06-04, 01:21
cant afford to put a moveon in, i need the psi use the imps give me :P, plus i didnt put a ds in as i avent got one yet, and mayb a long time so i need to c a setup without it :). I ave the poke so i can poke myself, i dont like relying on other ppl to poke me. Only prob i can c is that i dont ave much apu to cap an nrg halo, even with pa2 on (as i wont ave enuf psi to use pa3 as im not using a ds/ppu/apu chips etc. Any recommendations?
u can't get holy halo/blessed shelter with no ds, it's not possible just not enough point's, u can go either holy halo/regular shelter (might aswell go for pa setup), or blessed defence and regular halo(can't kill sht with that one)

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 01:23
i know i cant get a blessed shelter and a blessed deflector, what i meant by Blessed def/shelter was Blessed Deflector and normal shelter :P, and as u say i can throw pa on and off to boost my ppu/apu when needed

plague
19-06-04, 01:25
then go for pa setup, with pa3 u could have hl and pe deffence pretty god setup but can't realy runcast hl too good :p

130 apu(with core +5) 75 ppu, 83 mst, 87 ppw(with exp2,3) take off pa to buff and with pa on u'll have 146 so u can use hl..... int: evrything in psi use. 8|

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 01:30
75 ppu wouldnt give me enuf to ressurect though :S

plague
19-06-04, 01:38
75 ppu wouldnt give me enuf to ressurect though :S
lol u can't resurect it's 111 ppu just for rezz would be sevear gimpage

130 apu and 75 ppu with no ds is the only way to go belive me i tryed it all and still play apu cuz hybrid with no ds just doesn't cut it

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 03:07
ok so on advice from plague, modified it to something similar to his, what u think

http://www.visualinsanity.net/images/nc/hybridsetup3.jpg

Disturbed021
19-06-04, 04:33
Why the Advanced nerves 3? Gimps your already gimped transport + lowers your str so you would only be able to implant an arm, head and foot.

Divide
19-06-04, 04:48
take out the adv nerves 3, and consider replacing the exp 2 chip with an attack 3-- apu costs a lot more than ppu. Lose the rest of your implant and put it in psi use.

SorkZmok
19-06-04, 05:16
Go for holy def and crap offense. No one can kill you then. And if they are really trying to (what means they are idiots anyway), be sure to use DB sanctun and a multi energy bolt. You dont even need aiming then. Theyll just drop dead after some time.

mdares
19-06-04, 05:43
ai dunt use more than 1 exp psi con; thats for people who dont want to use a PA in their setup; go with attack chip, and with ur initial setup, it looks like u'll be much better off WITH PA than not (i.e. setups that are apu biased); with some point allocation u can get a niftly setup that lets u run cast HL and still cap shelter (and if u were to get a psi 3 combat buff u'll be an apu with capped HL).

only down side would be ur horrid rank which makes lvlin turn into squat.

ResurgencE
19-06-04, 06:54
The exp psi ctrl and adv 3 eat into your str.

At 9 str, the chest and leg bones cannot be implanted.

Lose the Adv 3, and come with me to Mc5.

Mr Friendly
19-06-04, 08:09
ull learn sooner or later a good setup wont be somthing u stumble upon. Ull LoM many times, try new things, etc. & no offence, but dont go out in public w/ those setups >_< :eek: :lol:

Mr Friendly
19-06-04, 08:10
"beer is prrof that god loves us & wants us to be happy"
-Albert Einstein

8|

Mr Friendly
19-06-04, 08:26

if u DID mean psi use, plz, dont give the kid nemore advice.
from 150 to 190 psi use, u gaina whopping 18 in ur mana pool. PSI USE is mainly ur range & frequency, nothing more.

& enigma dont listen to neone who says nething bout ur con setup or much less nething on this forum. go ingame & test, its the only real way to get real facts instead of opinions from others.
a high ammount of ppw USED to be needed cuz of the hybrid nerf b/c it gave no negatives & added to both apu & ppu %s & added mana. but since the nerf is gone u dont really need much ppw. mainly now its just for ur mana & if u really wanna try to become skilled with PvP & poppin psi bosters in the midst of battles. which u mine as well get good at cuz it helps u focus more.

SO basically just meet the mst req for w/e u wanna use, keep in mind u can have about 10 over the ppu requirement for a ppu spell & still get good %, but alot more than just 10 over to get good %s on ur apu spells.

with that being said, use combos in ur brain imps & dont use the blessed shelter/holy def setup. drop it down a notch to where u have right about 7 over the ppu requirement for blessed def (68 ppu) & note my data on reqs is based on an old table so some might be off by 1 or 2 8| :D
neways, use this setup to start off, & see how u like it:
DS, Psi core, PP chip, psi Attack 3 :|||:
ull be losing about 20 ppu, but where u gain is the 15 apu.lemme explain if u dont understand how it helps:

20 point of ppu loss, puts u at 48 (68 base) BUT uve gained 15 in apu, which is already above 100, so u now have (15 x 5) = 75 points to regain those 20 ppu points. note that the DS & psi core add +5, so it cuts the negative from the attack3 down to -10, leaving u at 58 (68 base) u now need 78 base ppu to have 68 for the blessed def. leaving u with 78 base ppu & 37 points to distribute.

again, u might, & might not like this setup, experiment, test, LoM, etc till u find UR setup that fits U

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 12:53
@divide: I ave to keep the imp as i dont like relying on other ppl to poke me, as theyr running a bit low these days

@Mr Friendly: This may or may not be the setup ill end up usin, I made it up on skillmanager and simply wanted any ideas that ppl had whom had already made a hybrid :P.

On a side note i Have been testin it on test server and it seems to work well.

To those whom suggested puttin in an psi attack 3, if i did that my ppu would get severly gimped would it not, the basic 75 ppu just allows me to use a heat/haz resist 1, putting that in would mean i cant?

ps thanks to every1 who helped :)

pps elo res :P

ResurgencE
19-06-04, 16:00
pps elo res :P

Knew you wouldnt be able to stay away. :p

ezza
19-06-04, 16:03
i would take the advice of divide and use the apu 3, it frees up a lot of points as you have to throw more in to apu to get the 130 than you do for the ppu of 75 which then gives you more points to throw in to ppw

Azrael104
19-06-04, 16:33
Holy SD and Holy Lighting Hybrid is possible... just need another Hybrid to buff you....

enigma_b17
19-06-04, 19:33
"Knew you wouldnt be able to stay away"

it was workin fine for about 3 weeks until i realised that lineage 2 was utter shite, then i had to come back as all other games were just too expensive :P

n3m
19-06-04, 19:43
come with me to Mc5.Alright, if you insist.

Oh wait.. ;)

ResurgencE
20-06-04, 06:36
lol...Grimes. You know i'd ppu for you anytime, anyplace.

Just say the word. ;)

Mr Friendly
21-06-04, 07:44
i would take the advice of divide and use the apu 3, it frees up a lot of points as you have to throw more in to apu to get the 130 than you do for the ppu of 75 which then gives you more points to throw in to ppw

hes right enigma, as i explained, puttin in the apu 3 would drop ur ppu -20 yes, from the psi core & DS its cut to a -10. forcing u to need 81 base instead of 71 for it to equal out to 71 after the negs. the +15 in apu is freeing u of 75 points u can use (15 x 5each lvl) when u only need 26 points to go from 71 ppu to 81 ppu.

leaving u with 49 points to add to either more apu or more ppw if u wanted. :)

tomparadox
21-06-04, 08:24
hows this hybrid setup... i only used blessed shelt/def with foren cast on...

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1532&stc=1

Koshinn
21-06-04, 08:33
130 apu and 75 ppu with no ds is the only way to go belive me i tryed it all and still play apu cuz hybrid with no ds just doesn't cut it

That's not entirely correct. I have a apu centered hybrid with 155 apu and 75 ppu (pa3 switching) and only 90 base psi. In the end I should have around 164 APU with PA3, and 75 ppu (without pa). so why go for 130/75 when you can have 165/75? I am using a DS, but that wont make a huge difference.

Mr. Friendly is right, if you're doing an APU centered hybrid, stick in Attack 3 chip. It's a lot more point effective than Exp Psi Con 2.

n3m
21-06-04, 11:00
because getting the ppw at 110 helps a great deal in damage and rof on your spells
plus you get a nice 380 ish pool

ezza
21-06-04, 12:02
That's not entirely correct. I have a apu centered hybrid with 155 apu and 75 ppu (pa3 switching) and only 90 base psi. In the end I should have around 164 APU with PA3, and 75 ppu (without pa). so why go for 130/75 when you can have 165/75? I am using a DS, but that wont make a huge difference.

Mr. Friendly is right, if you're doing an APU centered hybrid, stick in Attack 3 chip. It's a lot more point effective than Exp Psi Con 2.
whats your psi power at though?

Mr Friendly
21-06-04, 23:39

ppw isnt really needed anymore since the hybrid nerf has been removed. but id recommend it if u have barely enuff ppu for shelter to get good % etc.

other than that ppw is mainly just for ur mana pool. while high psi use will give range & frequency (casts per min)

ezza
21-06-04, 23:41
ppw isnt really needed anymore since the hybrid nerf has been removed. but id recommend it if u have barely enuff ppu for shelter to get good % etc.

other than that ppw is mainly just for ur mana pool. while high psi use will give range & frequency (casts per min)
ROFL you gotta be shitting me, the extra damage you get from psi power is well worth it

Mr Friendly
21-06-04, 23:46
because getting the ppw at 110 helps a great deal in damage and rof on your spells
plus you get a nice 380 ish pool

not exactly, ull only notice at most a 7/min increase from abut 85 to 110

for example, i have only 64 ppw on my hybrid, yet i have 90 hacking & 188 psi use. like 210+ w/ psi3. with only 64 ppw, i have plenty of mana with 273 (holy antishield takes 223) & a RoF of 96/min on HL. easily runcastable & farely fast

ROFL you gotta be shitting me, the extra damage you get from psi power is well worth it

well, look at my condition. u can either go from 64 to 110 & lose about 14 lvls of apu, basically only gettin more mana & better %s on ppu spells....or have the low 64 ppw, not cap freq on HL but have 96/min, which is plenty enuff. & yeah ull notice a diffrence in % on ur HL from about 540 -> 565. but i gaurantee u u wont notice it on the battlefield :angel:
neway, u get more dmg on the HL this way neway cuz the dmg boost on HL is between 171 & 175, one lvl up from that after it increases ur dmg % 3 times the normal increase. so yeah, when near the dmg boost, the higher apu to get farther into the dmg boost is definently worth it

Koshinn
21-06-04, 23:51

99 ppw including imps.

PPW is good because it gives you more psi pool (yay) and adds to damage of both ppu and apu spells...

it does NOT increase RoF, which is the only reason why you need to overspec APU instead of ppw.

plague
22-06-04, 00:12

yes ds does make huge difference frees up points evrywhere with no ds and 165/75 u'll have sht mana pool prolly same as pe lol good luck with that few shots from hl and u done(out of mana). I recaped me monk 9 times now trying to get GOOD hyb setup with no ds but as i stated earlyer still apu.
So with 165/75 u'd get few shots in and then go down nice and quite lol :D

Koshinn
22-06-04, 00:15
yes ds does make huge difference frees up points evrywhere with no ds and 165/75 u'll have sht mana pool prolly same as pe lol good luck with that few shots from hl and u done(out of mana). I recaped me monk 9 times now trying to get GOOD hyb setup with no ds but as i stated earlyer still apu.
So with 165/75 u'd get few shots in and then go down nice and quite lol :D
Lol, you have no idea how to setup a hybrid, do you? I get 360 psi pool. (far from capping int)

Without a DS I can get 156/68 and 320 psi pool or so. That's still a hell of a lot better than 130 apu. :-P

Before you throw around insults and made up numbers, actually try it out plague. It makes your arguments a lot more believable.

plague
22-06-04, 00:25
Lol, you have no idea how to setup a hybrid, do you? I get 360 psi pool. (far from capping int)

Without a DS I can get 156/68 and 320 psi pool or so. That's still a hell of a lot better than 130 apu. :-P

Before you throw around insults and made up numbers, actually try it out plague. It makes your arguments a lot more believable.
well first of all pls show me where did i "throw around insults" i haven't said one insult towards u, and second off all i'v been playing monk(hybrid) since beta so don't tell me i don't know how to set them up, all my numbers come from skill manager and actuall ingame testing and not some imagenary bullshit like ur with 165 apu , 75 ppu, 84 mst and there is no way u'll ever have 320 psi pool with no ds. So pls go back to the that scratch paper that u r using to make teh setups and look at it closely again before makeing stupid posts.
And last but not least if u think that I "have no idea how to setup" a char plase dm me on saturn and u'll c how bad my chars set other wise stfu

Koshinn
22-06-04, 00:28
well first of all pls show me where did i "throw around insults" i haven't said one insult towards u, and second off all i'v been playing monk(hybrid) since beta so don't tell me i don't know how to set them up, all my numbers come from skill manager and actuall ingame testing and not some imagenary bullshit like ur with 165 apu , 75 ppu, 84 mst and there is no way u'll ever have 320 psi pool with no ds. So pls go back to the that scratch paper that u r using to make teh setups and look at it closely again before makeing stupid posts.
And last but not least if u think that I "have no idea how to setup" a char plase dm me on saturn and u'll c how bad my chars set other wise stfu

I never said 165 apu, 75 ppu and 84 mst without a ds, I said with a ds. Without a ds I'd lower APU and ppw, like I did. And I have a hybrid with those numbers, and I used the skill manager. Just try it, plague, you'll figure it out somehow.
Plz don't make this personal, getting a thread closed is a bad thing, mmkay?

plague
22-06-04, 00:38
I never said 165 apu, 75 ppu and 84 mst without a ds, I said with a ds. Without a ds I'd lower APU and ppw, like I did. And I have a hybrid with those numbers, and I used the skill manager. Just try it, plague, you'll figure it out somehow.
Plz don't make this personal, getting a thread closed is a bad thing, mmkay?

u said "Without a DS I can get 156/68 and 320 psi pool or so" and u also sayd that with out caping psi around 90ish , so with psi at 100 int at 100 140 apu (with out pa) 75 ppu(with out pa, and 75 needed for anyhalf diesent hybrid that wants to use lvl 1 buff) 83 mst(needed for hl), u r left with 49 in psi power and with all int in psi use u have less then 220 psi pool. If u want i can send ya screene from skill managet, and i don't make it personal, belive me i could not care less what some kid across whe world thinks of me, i just hate when ppl make blunt statements with out ANY supporting facts.

Koshinn
22-06-04, 00:48
Yeah send me screenies of your setup because you're doing something very different than me and it's getting you a lot less points.

And actually, I live in Irvine.

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 01:01
without trawling the entire thread. can anyone tell me yes or no. if a hybrid uses nrg beam say not halo is he going to have to use pa of some sort for during combat and is he able to used any blessed spells.( imagine imps are all sorted. everything i need is to hand ) simple. i havent got all the info to hand to do the math. anyone please?

Scikar
22-06-04, 01:07
without trawling the entire thread. can anyone tell me yes or no. if a hybrid uses nrg beam say not halo is he going to have to use pa of some sort for during combat and is he able to used any blessed spells.( imagine imps are all sorted. everything i need is to hand ) simple. i havent got all the info to hand to do the math. anyone please?
It's certainly only possible with PA switching. Generally I think the difference between energy beam and HL to a hybrid isn't much, so HL seems to predominate. There is no balance spot with energy beam really, you can do HL/shelter, holy halo/holy def, or PA switch and HL/holy shelter, though you can only tl3 heal with the apu PA on with that setup. Ideally there should be a mid option between TL25 shelter and blessed shelter with energy beam, though the idea keeps getting drowned out by ideas of holy shelter/heal with HL all at the same time. :p

Koshinn
22-06-04, 04:00
It's certainly only possible with PA switching. Generally I think the difference between energy beam and HL to a hybrid isn't much, so HL seems to predominate. There is no balance spot with energy beam really, you can do HL/shelter, holy halo/holy def, or PA switch and HL/holy shelter, though you can only tl3 heal with the apu PA on with that setup. Ideally there should be a mid option between TL25 shelter and blessed shelter with energy beam, though the idea keeps getting drowned out by ideas of holy shelter/heal with HL all at the same time. :p

You can't do Holy Light and Holy Heal without a Kami chip in and PA switching, fortunately. Yes, fortunately, cause that's almost overpowered. :p

There is a big difference between energy beam and Holy Light. A 400% damage Holy light does twice the damage as a 648% nrg beam in pvp.

Shadow Dancer
22-06-04, 07:10
I agree with Kosh. I think they back when KK mega nerfed HL, they also mega nerfed energy beam. And I think only HL got re-boosted.

Anyways I just want to say that PPW does NOT affect RoF.

Koshinn
22-06-04, 09:07
I agree with Kosh. I think they back when KK mega nerfed HL, they also mega nerfed energy beam. And I think only HL got re-boosted.

Really? I didn't know that was the reason, but it makes sense. :)

Anyways I just want to say that PPW does NOT affect RoF.
I said that already. :p Didn't it used to?

Oh, and since I'm feeling perticularly charitable right now, I'll give out a non-MC5 and non-Kami APU centered hybrid setup that uses APU3 PA switching, on for fighting and tl3 heal, off for buffing. PPU is 68 without PA on. Buffs included in the setup are: Melee 1, Basic Resist 2, Spy 1, Shelter, Blessed Deflector. I like the setup because it has just enough MST to use holy light and holy anti shield... and with a psi3 buff (durring op war or something) you become an APU with the ability to tl3 heal ppl. Heh.

Original monk
22-06-04, 09:19
normally i post in every hybridthread, but this funny thread, i got no real reaction :)

go 50/50 hybrid fo fun, its coowl :) ya practically cant kill someone but they cant kill ya either :)

you wonna own in pvp ? make and apu and get a ppu up youre ass

or buy a second account and make a ppu, neocron isnt that pricey ya know

btw, PA switching (tough ya get used to it probably) isnt fun and only usefull in pepperparklike situations..

as soon as apu-centered hybrids get any good, and get a bit more of a common sight on the servers then they get gimped by KK anyway :)

edit: enjoy fooling around with youre skillmanagers :P

Koshinn
22-06-04, 09:32
btw, PA switching (tough ya get used to it probably) isnt fun and only usefull in pepperparklike situations..

Well if you mainly play a PE (like me), then switching PA isn't a difficult change for an APU centered hybrid. It's actually useful in pp1, NF, duelling in general, MB fights or solo pking. You can generally kill anyone before 2 min (length of shelter/deflector) are up using a 500% holy light. Any more than one person at a time you'll have problems, but that's a problem for all classes not just hybrids. So in that case, bring a PPU and you'll effectively be an APU with similar stats, but less hp (psi attack3 instead of melee3 buff).
Basically, APU centered hybrid = better PE.

Original monk
22-06-04, 09:38
Well if you mainly play a PE (like me), then switching PA isn't a difficult change for an APU centered hybrid. It's actually useful in pp1, NF, duelling in general, MB fights or solo pking. You can generally kill anyone before 2 min (length of shelter/deflector) are up using a 500% holy light. Any more than one person at a time you'll have problems, but that's a problem for all classes not just hybrids. So in that case, bring a PPU and you'll effectively be an APU with similar stats, but less hp (psi attack3 instead of melee3 buff).
Basically, APU centered hybrid = better PE.

indeed very true, thats the price i pay for not being used in playing a PE :)

but my 50/50 hybrid can stand a fair amount of people i must say :) but i cant decently kill em lol, its more of a midlevel ppu combined with a midlevel apu and about 200 psi-use :)

KK needs to give the 50/50's that littlebit more loving :)

im jealous at the fact that those apucentered hybrids can use exotic spells like antishelter :/

and what my real question is (to KK): is it meant that people make apucentered hybrids ? now no-one whines, but the threads on these forums will have an effect, ya will see more and more running around of em ... im afraid for a nerf lol, the cmmunity dislikes everything that can shelter and weild a HL at the same time :)

Koshinn
22-06-04, 09:51
im afraid for a nerf lol, the cmmunity dislikes everything that can shelter and weild a HL at the same time :)

Lol, ya. A DS makes a hybrid setup a lot better.
Fortunately they have two big weaknesses (hybrids that is)... Xray and Pierce. Good thing that the liberator, paineaser and tsg are very good at dealing a lot of those kinds of damage.

50/50 hybrids are fine for now, you can kill anything without a holy heal using holy nrg halo, and damage boost makes it do a hell of a lot more damage. And since I doubt you'd ever die with self-cast blessed shelter and blessed heal, it actually seems a bit overpowered. That you'll never die and have a good chance of killing anyone you come up against.

ezza
22-06-04, 12:24
indeed very true, thats the price i pay for not being used in playing a PE :)

but my 50/50 hybrid can stand a fair amount of people i must say :) but i cant decently kill em lol, its more of a midlevel ppu combined with a midlevel apu and about 200 psi-use :)

KK needs to give the 50/50's that littlebit more loving :)

im jealous at the fact that those apucentered hybrids can use exotic spells like antishelter :/

and what my real question is (to KK): is it meant that people make apucentered hybrids ? now no-one whines, but the threads on these forums will have an effect, ya will see more and more running around of em ... im afraid for a nerf lol, the cmmunity dislikes everything that can shelter and weild a HL at the same time :)

to me although the blessed hybrid can be fun, you got to go HL shelter, as i like to see damage come of people head.

hybrids i guess now are as kk said they should be, if they use the rares of one they cant use the rares of another ie, use apu rare cant use ppu rare.

if more hybrids start showing up and start owning, regardless of if its player skill you will see the nerf the hybrid threads, lol it will be just like old times, except not justified.

people are always asking for nerfs on this forum, its inevitable that they will as for hybrids to be nerfed again at somepoint

n3m
22-06-04, 13:41
yeah sorry, theres no rof with ppw.

no doubt someone will come on these forum saying they got killed by a hybrid, and how they are overpowered.

Scikar
22-06-04, 13:46
You can't do Holy Light and Holy Heal without a Kami chip in and PA switching, fortunately. Yes, fortunately, cause that's almost overpowered. :p

There is a big difference between energy beam and Holy Light. A 400% damage Holy light does twice the damage as a 648% nrg beam in pvp.

Sorry, my mistake. It's energy beam with APU PA, but HL if you can get a psi 3 on top of that (which can come from another hybrid with the same setup). You basically become an APU with a bit less damage on HL but your shields are selfcast.