PDA

View Full Version : Remove Ganking?

HatchetRyda
18-06-04, 19:21
Well, I play on Uranus and in the clan NCAT, so I do PK, Gank all the time.. Well, someone thinks that GANKING should be removed.. What fun would there be unable to kill other people for fun at Military Base, Tech Haven, etc. Just OP killing, would get lame..

So.. Anyone got any thoughs.

-FN-
18-06-04, 19:27

plague
18-06-04, 19:29
no......

Mr_Snow
18-06-04, 19:31
Why?

Some people arent in clans that are strong enough to op war especially with the zerg tactics most clans use so their only pvp is away from op wars.

Maybe remove pvp from hunting zones but that would be as far as I would go.

Doc Holliday
18-06-04, 19:38
what a pointless thread considering the removal of safezones come doy.... :rolleyes:

extract
18-06-04, 19:41
im gonna gank you for making this thread

-stakka

ezza
18-06-04, 19:42
nope you can stick anti gankage suggestions up your behind

Shadow Dancer
18-06-04, 19:47
Hell no.

boJ
18-06-04, 19:51
oh boy.. I cant wait for vet to be all over this one!

;)

HatchetRyda
18-06-04, 19:55
I don't want ganking to be remove from MB or TH at all.. Hell NO! Someone on Uranus keept name private was bitching about saying he was keeping his LE in until they remove Ganking..

Im all for ganking, trust me.

Doc Holliday
18-06-04, 19:58
I don't want ganking to be remove from MB or TH at all.. Hell NO! Someone on Uranus keept name private was bitching about saying he was keeping his LE in until they remove Ganking..

Im all for ganking, trust me.

this would be last nights ooc debate on uranus then i take it ;)

ezza
Someone on Uranus was bitching about saying he was keeping his LE in until they remove Ganking..

may he keep his LE in forever then

Jest
I voted every option just because I could. ;)

Yay for ganking! A vote against ganking is a vote for eating babies.

QuantumDelta
18-06-04, 20:04
Though I don't approve of Ganking in any way shape or form.
I don't believe any Ganking should be removed from this game, possibly something done about GR Gank.

--

My viewpoint is it's only the weaklings that do the ganking.
Not nessicarily unskilled, but generally speaking gank = unfair advantage.

--

On the other hand almost anyone that's ever tried to gank me, has failed, and those likely to succeed, don't do it.

Why?
I prefer skilled, consensual pvp where I'm fighting the best people have to offer against me, even if it means I lose.

Ganking on the whole isn't something I dislike.
NCATs politics maybe need some ....uhh refinement.

Ganking on GRs is just plain weak and never should there be an excuse for it.

sanityislost
18-06-04, 20:06
yea.....and while your at it just get rid of the weapons also :wtf:

*votes no*

SiL ..:..

Dribble Joy
18-06-04, 20:15
I hate ganking, but that doesn't mean I want it out.

If you really feel the need to kill someone who has no chance in the slightest in fighting back, then... fair nuff, people will generally not like you and you will get a reputation as being a twat.
This game and 'world' is supposed to be dangerous, I eagerly await the removal of safe zone with DoY (as long as MB doesn't become one).

Hatchet... you weren't by chance talking to that militant extremist carebear JackScratch were you :p.

Richard Blade
18-06-04, 20:21
Most of my posts come across as Carebear, but... I had to vote no here.

Basically, it depends on your definition of ganking.

If you run around fighting all the time and killing random runners, I figure that's just playing the game. Not exactly RP in some cases, however, there it is.

If you merrily kill 10/20 newbies with your capped tank, I call that ganking and it shouldn't happen. A lot of guys won't do that. IF that is the ganking you want to get rid of, yes I'm all for it. KK would have to implament some kind of "penalty" system for that type of ganking.

Otherwise, no.

ezza
18-06-04, 20:25
god you people are trying to make the game so boring, i remember as a little nooblet and having to look over my shoulder all the time, wary any time a name came on local.

that was fun times, had excitement, its never botherd me if a big guy ganks my little guy, but maybe thats just me

Dribble Joy
18-06-04, 20:26
KK would have to implament some kind of "penalty" system for that type of ganking.

Untill SL and fac symp actually have sufficient effects on the life of a runner, we will continue to see ganking carry on.

extract
18-06-04, 20:42
haha richard your sig is hillarious

http://home.wmis.net/~gbuzz/images/ihtp.jpg

btw whats wrong with GR ganking? they are labeled with status' although u only really see their status when your dead

but most of em do say dangerous or critical

when you GR you take a chance nuff said

or i suppose its POLITICALLY correct to wait for an enemy that GRs to another enemies outpost to get to full combat status before killing them

two words

fuck that

Judge
18-06-04, 21:00
lol... that dudes gonna have his LE in for a looooong time.

Shadow Dancer
19-06-04, 00:08
its never botherd me if a big guy ganks my little guy

That can be interpreted in so many different ways. :eek:

Judge
19-06-04, 00:35
*shudders*

One of the main problem with "ganking" is that to some people, non consentual PvP is ganking, whereas to other people ganking is 10 on 1 killing, but then to others ganking is killing at genreps.... and then again ganking is also killing newbs.

I mean... what are we actually talking about here?

Gohei
19-06-04, 00:39
No. That would leave no gankers for me to gank.

nugz420
19-06-04, 01:28
I voted no.

If a runner takes his le out then he has decided to go through this dangerous world with out nothing but his wits and skill to help him make it through.Im sure thats what most players are after to a certian degree.Its part of the fun of the game.

Personally I cant see how runners leave their le in.They are missing this whole aspect of the game.Sure I can see if you leave your le in at first as it has its benifits for a lvl'n a character.But after a certian point take that fucker out and enjoy the rest of the game you been missing.

Its not hard to avoid getting ganked if you use your head.For those times using your head dont work,bust out your gun and give it the best you can.As in life you win some you loose some....... aint life a bitch.

HatchetRyda
19-06-04, 01:40
thanks for voting NO :)

Dirk_Gently
19-06-04, 03:22
Despite being a Uranus "carebear" I vote no. Ganking is bound to happen in any form of game with PvP, and you will kill the game by trying to stop it totally.

I was I think involved in the initial conversation on OOC on uranus (on Vladimir Ulyanov) and I said then that the game should just let people opt out of pvp (without the punishment of losing an imp slot) and also allow these people to have tradeskill/PvM clans, it will significantly boost player populations as it would give the game much wider appeal.

I do however think NCAT should stop attacking allies and their own fac. But then as I said i'm a carebear :D

TheonlyoneIknow
19-06-04, 03:29
Would this be considered a gank? :

Me (on my own) - 30/55 <<< PE

Ran out of MB straight into

1 PE with gold/bronze PA and green swirly pistol (is that the exec?) WITH 2 x PPU and 1 x APU.

I am currently TT and finishing missions to go CM. He was FA. Technically an enemy I grant, but 4 on 1 and me with my shitty Laserblade II O_o

There's no PvP or skill involved here. It was mob rules, as are 99% of the cases at MB entrance, (on Saturn at least). Just another chicken shit that's gonna drop like a girl the next time my spy's SH rains in on him :).

TheGreatMilenko
19-06-04, 04:15
whoever votes yes is a n00b ass carebear and needs to die

edite: btw thats why they have LE so you cant be GANKED so if you hate being killed JUST KEEP IT IN its not that hard o_O

Gotterdammerung
19-06-04, 04:54
please keep "ganking" or whatever you choose to call it in-game