PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Character missing?

Garg [RogueNET]
18-06-04, 19:08
My char i was on when the server crashed isnt in my login screen anymore.... anyone else haveing this? :wtf:

http://www.orcplanet.com/uploader/images/28873.jpeg

I had Marine/MOVEon, all rare HC guns except DB... they better fix this...

Wank3r
18-06-04, 19:14
My character on Saturn has just dissapeared as the server was brought up. I log on to go back to my character and bang it isn't even in the list.

My character better be replaced to the exact was it was before the server when down or I am going to be pissed off...

Wank3r
18-06-04, 19:15
Yes, and I had better get it back the exact was it was when the server crashed.

Shadow Dancer
18-06-04, 19:15
Ooo. Sorry to hear that. Did you email helpdesk? You should.

Oh and I don't think you should create a new char in it's place. I'm not sure if that means anything or not, but it does sound risky to make a new one.

darknessfairy
18-06-04, 19:17
I can see the THREADS MERGED message coming soon, and all you have to do it email helpdesk@neocron.com, and they should correct it to the last known good settings :p

OpTi
18-06-04, 19:18
email helpdesk with ur account name and exact char name

Wank3r
18-06-04, 19:22
I have emailed them. Grr I'm gonna be so pissed if it isn't EXACTLY as I left it. Lots of time put into loming, and getting imps. Just gathered my Riggers Dream and Riggers Interface together...GAAH!

darknessfairy
18-06-04, 19:24
see this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101539) for your answers

Nidhogg
18-06-04, 19:33
The correct place to report your problem is helpdesk@neocron.com.

N

Mr_Snow
18-06-04, 19:35
Happened on uranus a while back too, expect a rollbacked character when or if they can restore it.

Wank3r
18-06-04, 19:57
I gen repped shortly before the server crashed. Perhaps that might log my details and they can roll it to that...Anything before that would be...annoying.

Garg [RogueNET]
18-06-04, 20:20
*prepares to wait another hour for an answer from Helpdesk*

Garg [RogueNET]
18-06-04, 21:23
uhm.. is it really supposed to take this long to get a mail back from Helpdesk... sent it 2 hrs ago now.. :mad:

ezza
18-06-04, 22:25
proberbly wont get a response there proberbly not dealing with help requests now it is like 10.25 in germany

amfest
18-06-04, 22:31
I know when i sent in my helpdesk email it took over 24 hours to get a response so you'll just have to sit and wait . . .

As said remember not to create another character in that spot.

My only advice is to play around on another character slot so you won't get your panties twisted up in a bunch. (something my mom always told me lol :D ) and wait patiently.

Nidhogg
18-06-04, 23:12
Obviously we aim to respond as quickly as possible but the published response time for helpdesk support is 24 hours.

N

Wank3r
18-06-04, 23:18
Nidhogg do you have an idea of what stat our characters will be in?

What I am saying is, will there be a rollback at all? If so, how far back? I really don't want to risk losing lots of time loming (cause thats what i was doing) and even worse I don't want to lose items...What with your curreny policy I hope you replace anything I might have lost. Seeing as it definately isn't my fault about what has happened :D

I guess I have to wait too now :(

Mr_Snow
19-06-04, 00:47
When Uranus had similar problems to what saturn is facing now when characters went missing they had to be restored from the last back up so a roleback is likely.

[TgR]KILLER
19-06-04, 01:28
yup bet on a roleback again.. so anybody leveling atm better quit it will be to waste anyway :/ if more people missing things they prob role back.. gues the database was still corrupt.. or still a hardware prob.. can't wait for DOY when there will be new hardware

Wank3r
19-06-04, 09:04
How far will the rollback be? If it is over 1 day...then FFS I will be so screwed. That's an MC5 chip down the drain, about 5 hours of loming down the drain. GOD DAMN they better do this right. I am sick to death of the shit!

How many times has this and other stuff happened...TOO DAMN MANY. Lets hope they do get it right...and if they do...they fix what is wrong.

DonnyJepp
19-06-04, 09:23
take a look and see if your char is on one of the other servers, that happened to a friend of mine last year. Somehow he got moved from Saturn to Uranus o_O but they moved him back after a few days of trying to find him.

note: If he does turn up on another server i'd advise not even logging into him, resist the temptation.

Wank3r
19-06-04, 09:25
lol perhaps the guys working on the Jupiter and Saturn servers got their wires crossed. My char might be on Jupiter...NOOOOO!

Wank3r
19-06-04, 09:32
FFS. I have just check my character and it was rolled back TO THE WORSE TIME POSSIBLE....WHAT THE FUCK. It was rolled back to BEFORE I HAD STARTED LOMING...I HAVE LOST AN MC5 RIGGERS DREAM...I BULLSHIT YOU NOT...I AT LEAST WANT THEM TO REPLACE THIS...GET YOUR FUCKING ACT TOGETHER...

jernau
19-06-04, 09:32
KILLER']can't wait for DOY when there will be new hardwareWhat makes you think that?

Hopefully they only need to roll-back individual chars and not the whole server again.

GL to the latest victims.

Wank3r
19-06-04, 09:41
OMFG this gets EVEN WORSE...At least the rolled back only ONE character...But get this, I spent many millions of credits and traded many MC5 parts to get my Riggers Dream...And well well well, all this was on the characters that were not rolled back...So lets get an idea of what is lost...

A total of:
10-12 Million Credits
2x MC5 Hawkings parts
6x MC5 Riggers Dream Parts (or the whole chip)
1x MC5 SA part
1x Riggers Interface
1x Special Science CPU
15x Raptor Drones BPs
15x Particle Nem BPs
30x FC 1000 Drones...The time it takes...ffs
One of the worse after the MC5 chip...800+ points lommed from Repair and Construction into Willpower and Remote Control...

Wank3r
19-06-04, 10:38
I just sent them an e-mail asking to replace my things...All I asked for was my riggers dream and riggers interface back and for them to move all the points in construction and repair to willpower and remote control...

The responce I got was:

I'm very sorry but we doesnt compnesate any items, credits or exp which
are
missing after recovering your character from the last characterbackup,
because
we have no proof about what your character missing and what not.

best regards,
Stephan Bast

So...I am supposed to provide proof? Riiighhttt.

I did take a screenshot half way through my loms. This is definately proof. Shows the riggers dream directly after construction, with my chars stats showing Dex slightly lower after I had lommed repair and construction the same as I haven't lommed yet...

http://www.boomspeed.com/kingmatt02/shot0494.jpg

SURELY THEY SHOULD REPLACE MY THINGS NOW!

amfest
19-06-04, 10:58
Nope a screenshot won't be proof enough . . people can easily just pass things around and take screenshots then to say see I had it! so if they honorned yours on just a screenshot they'd need to do the same forever else cause fair is fair. People will and do take advantage of things like this so they had to stop replacing items .. then they did 100k compesation .. now they don't even do that >_> . . .

anyhow nothing can really be proved because they don't have item tracking. Then again I wonder how that would work with items that go poof due to a rollback even if there was a tracking system in place. Anyhow I believe item tracking won't come till BDOY. Sorry to hear you lost that stuff .. could be worse .. you could of lost your character completely .. be thankful .. although I'm sure you're pissed and not because of losing that stuff ;)

Wank3r
19-06-04, 11:14
I honestly cannot believe the stupidity here. They don't have item logs, they last backed up their database 5 DAYS AGO! What the FUCK are these people playing at. After 5 intense e-mails with my german friend he still stood his ground and refused to refund my things. All I wanted was the stinking MC5 Chip...is it so hard to add it back to my inventory.

I am very pissed right now and this is the most unfair thing I heard. This is far from fair...I lost my stuff, but the majority of people can carry on as before...Yeah right...KK..SUCK

amfest
19-06-04, 11:41
All I wanted was the stinking MC5 Chip...is it so hard to add it back to my inventory
So says you the person who really lost it. But so says alot of other people who never had one to begin with. It's just without the item tracking it won't happen. I'm not sure on how often they backup though. Are you sure it was 5 days ago and not that your character was screwed over all the way to 5 days ago? There is a difference. :)

Mr_Snow
19-06-04, 11:47
Its standard KK customer support to call you a lying bastard and tell you where to go.

amfest
19-06-04, 11:48
Its standard KK customer support to call you a lying bastard and tell you where to go.
and that would be back in time 5 days ago ;)

Carnage
19-06-04, 11:58
...they last backed up their database 5 DAYS AGO!...

only to correct this wrong information.
We backup the whole database every morning.
The hardwaredefect on saturn has damaged some of the characterbackupfiles from the last days. We have recovered all damaged characters from the last working backup (15.06.2004).

amfest
19-06-04, 12:15
only to correct this wrong information.
We backup the whole database every morning.
The hardwaredefect on saturn has damaged some of the characterbackupfiles from the last days. We have recovered all damaged characters from the last working backup (15.06.2004).
I figured it was something along those lines. Thx for the info Carnage.

Wank3r
19-06-04, 13:38
Perhaps you should backup your backups :(

If the backup from yesterday worked that would be BRILLIANT!! But it doesn't so :(

Now I've got to pretty much start lomming my constructer/repairer to drone again...along with collecting the chips. But now I have no money left so I'm going to struggle...

Rith
19-06-04, 14:53
So says you the person who really lost it. But so says alot of other people who never had one to begin with. It's just without the item tracking it won't happen. I'm not sure on how often they backup though. Are you sure it was 5 days ago and not that your character was screwed over all the way to 5 days ago? There is a difference. :)

The big question is this: can KK tell the difference between a corrupt char being wiped out by their faulty software or a manual deletion.

You would think after all this time KK would implement some basic logging on char creation/deletion - after all they do limit the number of chars you can create within a short timeframe.

So here's the deal - if they can tell the difference and they get a screenie like the one Wank's posted they should refund the items.

Its not like someone will pass around some IMPs for screenshots in the hope that 5 hours later their character is destroyed by game bugs.

A little common sense would go a long way to retaining customers pissed off by these sort of situations.