PDA

View Full Version : [idea] Auto follow

Comie
18-06-04, 18:22
the idea is blatently stolen from Everquest, but then its cos i could do with it in NC,

basically yu target a member of yur TEAM and yu type /follow
and voila, yu follow them till they zone or yu move independantly,

yu can be in either vehicles or on foot and yu will follow them where ever that runner goes

what do yu think

Yea or nay?

edit, its TEAM in NC not group.

naimex
18-06-04, 18:24
you mean Star Wars....

... btw.. no.

LTA
18-06-04, 18:26
it's in ff aswell

I like auto follow, lets you get shown around and saves loosing the person, not only that but you can make a cuppa or something along the way to mb :D

[TgR]KILLER
18-06-04, 18:28
i'v seen this before.. i meen follow.. think it was fallout :p can't remember :p or no.. it was.. that online mmorpg.. that sucky thing...

god.. can't remember..

.. runescape lol :) :lol:

Comie
18-06-04, 18:29
you mean Star Wars....

... btw.. no.

er EQ made before starwars, and made by the same company.... so no i mean everquest. Starwars sucks balls

naimex
18-06-04, 18:29
I was unaware of that..

but my vote remains.. no..

n3m
18-06-04, 18:30
.. and in Daoc

lol

massic
18-06-04, 19:03
so if you were tracking a stealthing spy you could just put it on follow mode and ruin his fun?

Shadow Dancer
18-06-04, 19:04
so if you were tracking a stealthing spy you could just put it on follow mode and ruin his fun?

Haha, that would be hilarious. I think he meant for members of his own team though.

MACHO MAN
18-06-04, 19:08
go play point `n click

Rob01m
18-06-04, 19:09
There wouldn't be any problems I can think of for implementing this, but then again, I can't quite think of any advantages either.

Like in FFXI for example, you could follow people around the map which was huge. It wouldn't be as useful in Neocron because here people that don't have an LE can be killed by anyone else without an LE. Why would you want to go afk and follow someone while being at the risk of dying? And if you weren't afk, why would you go on follow anyways? It's not like the NC world is so huge you need a guide. :P

Oh well, because I see it as pretty much neutral, I'll vote yes.

massic
18-06-04, 19:13
Haha, that would be hilarious. I think he meant for members of his own team though.

ah, yeah there would need to be some restrictions for use.

It would be very handy for times when your trying to take a group of new players somewhere. I remember trying to lead about 10 noobs to TG once from TH, they kept wandering off, it was a pain in the ass. But actually easier than trying to take an apc and having at least 2 of them runtime on each zoneline.

jiga
18-06-04, 19:15
Why can't u just follow them normally? O_o

-FN-
18-06-04, 19:31
I think there is a total gameplay difference in feeling between Neocron and 95% of the rest of MMORPGs.

NC is not a click-and-wait typed leveling game. It has FPS feel all the way. I feel like the click-and-follow method is just another aspect of the click-and-wait, lazier style of play. Granted it would be convenient in some cases but I don't really think it fits in NC's faster paced environment.

Had to vote no :(

<3 though Comie, total <3

amfest
18-06-04, 20:02
to the guys who think about it being abused like following a stealthing spy . . errr it'd be simple just have an option like trade .. disable follow. 2nd you could only follow people in your team. It's a lazy gamer's function though. It is useful for showing people new things or just going places and someone wants to lead so the rest just follow and don't get left behind.

Personaly I don't see why people get all pissy when an idea from a typical point and click is suggestted for neocron. It's not like it's something that will make pvp less enjoyable. On the other hand it will make showing new people around much easier.

*note* yea runescape has the follow command .. but there was no limiations to who you could follow in that game. So anyone could just latch on to you and try and get a free ride .. .so you just click follow on them and then you start doing this wierd circle dance :p

jernau
18-06-04, 21:25
It's in a LOT of MMORPGs and in all the cases I've used it I loved it.

Whether it's needed in NC which has a very different control system from any other MMORPG and relatively small gameworld I don't know.

I can't see how it would hurt though.

Menolak
19-06-04, 22:56
gay, use your map........

seraphian
20-06-04, 03:23
NO

way to exploitable... you could do lots of bad things with it, and anything that allows your character to act without your control is a bad thing, as it opens the door to XP macros and auto-levelling.

tomparadox
20-06-04, 03:36
this is also in the game ryzom...

btw no, to many exploits...

amfest
20-06-04, 03:38
err if auto-leveling with combat is possible then it'd be already in game. It woudlnt' just open up with auto-follow. Who knows maybe it is. Well tradeskilling of course is possible but I just don't know about actual combat. Yea maybe someone could get in a team and just click follow to leech xp . . . *shrugs* people do that already. You could easily just run to a mob and get them killed by not healing them. I don't see how this would open it up like that unless you added a select target option . .which of course will never happen in neocron. you need to actually aim ;)

yavimaya
20-06-04, 03:44
I vote yes, one of the first places this feature was seen is in Ultima Online.
Any feature KK can add that was in oldschool UO is a good feature, UO was soo good at the start, well for the first few years....

If KK really want more players/ money, they need to rip some of UO's systems, like the "karma (soullight) system".

Lexxuk
20-06-04, 03:47
NC is way to small to need an auto follow, if it was a huge game with huge maps, sure, but its not, the maps are really tiny (in comparison with, AO, SWG (which doesnt suck balls, its actually pretty good), Ryzom, and god knows how many other MMORPG's). If you want to follow someone from NC to MB say, take a Jeep, you also have the problem with Speed, a 0/2 on follow with a capped PE = 0/2 15 zones behind anyhow.

So no, the game mechanics dont really allow it, the game isnt large enough to support it, and tbh why would anyone really want it?

btw, what is yu? why you? O_o

Koshinn
20-06-04, 06:34
the idea is blatently stolen from Everquest, but then its cos i could do with it in NC,

Not really... Everquest took ALL of their ideas from the old MUDs. MUDs had the follow command and so therefore Everquest put it in too. There's nothing really original in Everquest except for the monthly payment, but I think Ultima Online was first in that too.

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 09:30
while the idea has merit, i don't think it would actually be useful.