PDA

View Full Version : Tweak meh.

Moscow
18-06-04, 16:15
Basically, I'm looking for a few outside comments on my APU Monk's setup (Who I've only just created); i.e. What looks good at a glance, etc. Any help is appreciated!

Note: There are base values BEFORE drugs, implants and Power Armour; I'll deal with those things further down the line. Secondly, the only reason I have 40 FRE is to fit in with my character's psyche a little better.

No point in a pyromaniac that gets burnt to a crisp by matches, eh?

Peace.

-Moscow

P.S: Jebus! Just noticed the size of the file! Sorry about that. :o

ezza
18-06-04, 16:19
personally on my monk(hybrid so i have to carry more) i only have 15 in transport rest in resist force, and i still have enough to carry my stuff

not sure how much psi power you will have cos you aint showing your imps but i would personally have more

do you really need the vehicle? again personal preference i would throw it in agility

cant remember my hybrids setup but i can use hazard, but i would have more xray resistance

not sure about the hacking, dont think(though dont quote me)but you wont be hitting the top RoF with the hack, more so since it takes long time to cap monk intel which you will need to be very high level with the hacking you have

be more helpfull if you had imps etc in, but thats the best i can help you wit right now

Xylaz
18-06-04, 16:27
ok here we go

if u want to hack warbies and stuff - 50 hack is enough (although 2 points less in psi use wont change anything

vehicle use 20? 25 is required for hovertec

more psi power, definitely, you should have around 60-75 base (depends on your imps) and around 100 in total

less athletics, 40 should be enough i think, maybe even less
75 body health is too much, aim at 300-350 hp total (with imps)
more in fire/xray is definitely needed - around 50/50 preferably
not sure about poison, 20 might be ok with appropriate ppu buff, but without it it's worthless, so either remove it completely or try maybe get it to 35-50 (somehow... :p)

Roc-a-fella
18-06-04, 17:09
where is a char builder site?

Jest
18-06-04, 17:12
Hmmmm its hard to base a setup on base values without considering the implants used. Just from what you posted, most has been mentioned. 60 hacking is too much, maximum Id go for 55. Also the 20 vehicle skill, I assume you arent making the runner for competetive PvP, Id say you should put more into vehicle from agility. Enough for the Reveler would be good. That thing owns. :p Lastly your Con setup probably needs a bit of tweaking. I havent done an APU setup personally, but you probably need some changes based on which Belt type you will use.

slaughteruall
18-06-04, 17:24
one way or the other you have to much MST or not enough. If you won't have a DS you need one more point for HAB and holy pest. With a DS you have 4 points to much.

Your con is a little off. Without a DS you will need more resist force(if you use a psi exp 3). But if your going to use adv nerves 3 for heavy belts you will need more transport.

Post one with imps and at least PA3. Also like everyone else has said to much hack. And change your CON up for what belt your going to be using. By the looks of it i would say poison belt but dont know.

Slaugher

Edit. With psi core/attack 2/attack 3/ and PA 3. You have to much APU. Put that in PPW.

sir retail
18-06-04, 17:32
moscow.. differend question..
wat is the lettertype that you have installed on youre windows..

it fucking looks gr8...

thanx

Moscow
18-06-04, 18:42
Ok, thanks for the advice guys. I took it into consideration and adjusted my setup accordingly. I'm using a fairly "old" Skill Manager, however, so I wasn't able to include armour, belts or Power Armour.

But that's not much of an issue, all things considered.

I can see myself using Energy and Poison belts, really. Switching them around as neccesary.

Sir Retail: It's the font used in the game "Phantasy Star Online", I got it as part of a dekstop theme. Should be fairly easy to find if you look around on Google.

Peace.

-Moscow

Shadow Dancer
18-06-04, 18:47
I suggest(this is at capped level)

AFTER IMPS.....

110 ppw
83 mst
The rest in APU

Make sure your apu is 172 or above, after imps. 105-110 ppw is the bonus point for mana. You can achieve 172+ apu and 110 ppw with PA3 and uhh being capped. I recommend 83 for MST because that's enough for holy antishelter and holy lightning. If you feel you MUST be able to use HAB without psi 3 buff, then increase your mst. 84 is for fire apoc, but HL is vastly superior to fire apoc in every way unless the person has ABYSMAL fire resist.

Btw if you plan to pvp I seriously recommend redflash. I just think you're going to be too slow. 50 ath? O_o A 10 min drug is pretty good for apu, and I used it alot in combat exceptfor op wars.

One last thing, you can spare 50 points into hack(maybe even more) without ANY gimpage whatsoever.

EDIT: O_o That setup is different then the one you showed me over msn. I do NOT recommend having 40 non agility points in dex, and only 50 athletics. Why don't you just stand still in pvp then? :D That is too slow. At least for me.

Now about your con. This is just my OPINION and preference, so nobody flame me for not being a "con master" :rolleyes:. I personally think you should tone down your fire a bit and add alot more to x-ray in con, and use a heavy fire belt.

There's not much else to say hehehe.

Double Edit: Last edit I promise, :D. I guess you should go for fire apoc and high fire resist, if you want it to fit your character better.

ezza
18-06-04, 19:39
One last thing, you can spare 50 points into hack(maybe even more) without ANY gimpage whatsoever.

ah k, wasnt really sure, i did have hacking on my apu when i originally had a monk, but at the time i was a merc and there was loads of warbys to kill and apus were overpowered so it didnt matter to much :lol:

as i now play a hybrid i cannot spare the points for hack, just kinda figured most PvP monks would be the same :)

Shadow Dancer
18-06-04, 19:47
as i now play a hybrid i cannot spare the points for hack, just kinda figured most PvP monks would be the same :)

What kind of hybrid are you?

ezza
18-06-04, 19:50
a far from capped one :lol:

going for shelter/blessed def PA3 using HL fireing hybrid, got enough to cast haz 1 etc, just involves removing my PA, i can live with it, and i get about 450ish on my HL

Shadow Dancer
18-06-04, 19:55
a far from capped one :lol:

going for shelter/blessed def PA3 using HL fireing hybrid, got enough to cast haz 1 etc, just involves removing my PA, i can live with it, and i get about 450ish on my HL

Oh, if you're planning on using HL then yea you need all the psu you can get. :p

I was gonna say you could get afford some hacking if you go for energy beam.

ezza
18-06-04, 19:59
Oh, if you're planning on using HL then yea you need all the psu you can get. :p

I was gonna say you could get afford some hacking if you go for energy beam.
ya i have had someone suggest using energy beam, but meh i dunno, i like my holy lightning