PDA

View Full Version : Tinker Mod

Crest
18-06-04, 14:52
How about a new weapons mod ... Called the Tinker mod

If by default gives +3 to all stats, but you can adjust accordingly. So you can take the +3 from range and put into damage and so on... Effectively you could have +0 to all stats and +12 to damage if you wanted ....

I hate getting a rare where the damage is 118% but to cap damage percentage you need to ssacrafice a slot , but with the tinker mod, you could have +2 to damage and the rest to range .....

SynC_187
18-06-04, 15:02
Unless you had loads of spare slot I wouldn't waste a slot on a damage mod if it was on 118% anyway. You'll probably cap it naturally

]v[ortice
18-06-04, 15:02
Not bad.

How about it gives +16 and can be constructed from 4 weapon mod parts that each give +4 to each stat.

So a constructor could build a custom mod for your rare weapon if needed.

So if you wanted +8 damage and +4 range and +4 frequency, a constructor could stick 2 damage ammo mod parts and one of each of the 2 other mod parts in and voila. You have your custom built mod.

BTW you should have included '[Brainport]' in the title for this thread.

jernau
18-06-04, 15:04
Been playing Ryzom?

I kinda liked the idea at first but considering it a bit more I think it would make it too easy to cap almost any rare, especially those where not all stats matter. Maybe with some limitations (eg less points than normal mods and no more than 50% into one stat) it would be OK though.

]v[ortice
18-06-04, 15:08
I don't think that a mod of this type would spoil anything jernau.

Would you waste an ultima in a 2 slot weapon that had 117 118 116 119 as it's stats?

No you wouldn't.

Would making it arti have any bearing on the weapons efficiency at cap?

Not really.

Simple yet effective Idea imo.

Rated 5 stars

jernau
18-06-04, 20:00
I'm more concerned about weapons which would currently need 3 mods but this could reduce that to 2 or even 1 if it had as many points as current mods but all in one stat.

Particularly wrt Psi mods where only one stat really matters (damage being easily capped) this could be an issue.

Jailbird
18-06-04, 20:30
nice idea,

It could be extra rare. as rare as a FH2 maybe

]v[ortice
19-06-04, 12:00
I don't think it has to be rare as such Drac.

The demand for this type of mod wouldn;t be as great as most of the others.

I find this to be a really nice addition with some cool benefits.

It would make construction a bit more fun too.

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 10:04
hmm .. mayyybe

as long as the mod takes ALOT of time to be built and is like TL150 so you can't get it modded by every lowbie cst.

Removes alot of the choices you have to make for weapon stats. Both handling and frequency are medium .. choose which one will stay medium which one will be excellent ... with that tinker mod they could both be "good"