PDA

View Full Version : Friday afternoon challenge - Name that tune!

Siygess
18-06-04, 14:18
Nice and simple - download the zip file below and have a listen - you get one point for idenifying the source of each midi, or two points for identifying the source *and* the exact use of the midi in the source. I'm pretty sure that at least two of these have been slightly remixed, but that should just add to the challenge. Have fun :D

Midi.zip (http://www.freewillstation.net/midi.zip)

P4mp3rk3
18-06-04, 14:28
midi2 is from duke nukem
dunno the rest

SynC_187
18-06-04, 15:07
1 & 4 sound like nintendo style.

2 Duke Nukem.

3 Is that DN too? Its a boss tune I recognise from a game.

Scikar
18-06-04, 15:52
midi1 is Monkey Island, containing various tracks from it. I thought it sounded like MI at first, then I skipped to the end. :) I think it's Monkey 2 that it's from, the track starting about 4 minutes in is the very start of MI2.

Siygess
18-06-04, 20:43
Ok, 1 point to P4mp3rk3 and SynC_187 (and you're right about the nintendo thing - no points for that though), and 2 points to Scikar. Yes, its MI2, and its the "endgame" music :)

No one's got midi 0, 3 or 4 yet. Come on people, midi three should be easy! :D

S.L.B.
18-06-04, 21:38
Midi 4 sounds like Zelda - End Game possibly (as the initial sound if the audio when defeating a boss). (don't ask which exact version of Zelda though ;) )

Midi 3 Sounds very familiar but the name escapes me... Some fighting game... like Double Dragon or something similar.... *thinks some more*

Jock Rockwell
18-06-04, 21:42
Midi 4 sounds like Zelda - End Game possibly (as the initial sound if the audio when defeating a boss). (don't ask which exact version of Zelda though ;) )

I was thinking the same thing, I had it mind that it was the Zelda on the SNES. Who's name has escaped me. Gimme a sec :p

*edit*
A Link to the Past iirc.

Jailbird
18-06-04, 21:43
midi0 sounds like a song of a fight in a Nintindo RPG game

most likley Chrono Trigger

edit: OMG JUST LISTED TO MIDI4 ... THATS FROM CHRONO TRIGGER BATTLE END SONG !!!! OH THE MEMORIES!!!

Siygess
19-06-04, 00:28
Three points to Jailbird for identifying the source of midi's one and four, and for identifying where in Chronotrigger one of them comes from :)

Jailbird
19-06-04, 01:00
I should get 4 points :p

lemme see.. Midi0 I think is used in most monster battles, am sure its not a boss song.

or if not, I think it was used in the battle with the robot in the festival.

and btw, dont ask me how i remember :p

dark_reaper
19-06-04, 20:11
I know 2 is Duke Nukem, I think 0 is from an RPG for shure and I know the tune quite well but I cannot but my mind to it. I know 4 is Chrono Cross. I have the soundtrack plus the game. but the others I cannot think of. But I know 2 is mega death