PDA

View Full Version : Selling DOY Junk

sultana
18-06-04, 13:20
I know this has been around before, but, really the current system of selling DOY junk is just annoying. For example, I like to shove a pack of 249 clips of ammo in my gogo, then go hunting at escador, By the time half of that is gone i had over 249 of the 2k part, that took maybe 10 - 15 minutes alone to sell. That's just plain mouse clicking, no movement whatsoever. I gave up 60 parts through the nuclear reactors cause I just got too bored.

I can think of maybe two ways in which this could possibly be fixed. Say, first have the normal trader window with a fixed price (if that's possible). Or simply, when you click to sell one part, it sells all in your inventory. Either way, I really don't want to stand around for, say, half an hour simply clicking and moving my mouse to earn money.

Sorin
18-06-04, 13:22
A few weeks ago I changed my sig to reflect exactly this problem. I'm not a post whore with all these one word or one smiley reply posts, but hopefully I chime in enough that the right people at KK have seen it :lol:

DarkPhoenix
18-06-04, 14:42
I have tried to get this changed since before I left, which was like 3 or 4 months ago.

jernau
18-06-04, 15:00
I'm guessing the Vendor (or vedor ;)) Window code is subject to BRT effects but maybe I'm making excuses for them.

It is annoying.

Adding options to sell 10, 50 and 100 of each shouldn't be too hard I would have thought.

Sorontar
18-06-04, 15:18
I went to this guy for the first time to sell him junk the other week ............ its more mind numbing that recycling.

Fix it for BDoY at least.

Well assuming that it's still there ........

SorkZmok
18-06-04, 15:25
YES PLEASE.
5 stars.

Talking to that damn guy over and over again to sell several hundred parts is just annoying.

OmegaVII
18-06-04, 17:35
yes please fot the love of chran please add a nornal vendor window to this guy. oh and i cant wait till they add the new PA vendors as well i have a few spy pa 4's i brought by mistake :lol: can i shift them .....nope. silly scroll menu

5 stars :D

t0tt3
18-06-04, 17:45
I'm guessing the Vendor (or vedor ;)) Window code is subject to BRT effects but maybe I'm making excuses for them.

It is annoying.

Adding options to sell 10, 50 and 100 of each shouldn't be too hard I would have thought.

why 10 - 50 - 100 ?!?!??!?!
why not a "SELL ALL" button? That would be piss easy hey just print in a new dialog then.

"Oooh my, this was more then I tought of you. I am very surprised and all these new components will make our struggel against DOY even better. Can not thank you more then enough for your help"

Or something I am not a english writer and I really dont care but if you want som RP just put some shit in O_o

peace out

darknessfairy
18-06-04, 18:28
i mean even if you had like the opening script, and you chat for a bit, THEN the trade window opens, like on the drug sellers

ex-machina
18-06-04, 19:01
The problem is the vendor windows can't be dropped in, they have to be patched, whereas it's possible to write dialogue on the fly.

It is possible to write a dialogue that takes more than one though, but there would have to be intervals it's not possible to write one that just buys them all.

Maybe a friendly GM will fix this :P

Rob01m
18-06-04, 19:04
It is very annoying when you have hundreds to give to the guy. Doesn't he only take them from one person at a time too?

They should make him like a vendor, but they have other things to worry about right now I guess... :o

Marx
18-06-04, 19:19
i mean even if you had like the opening script, and you chat for a bit, THEN the trade window opens, like on the drug sellers
Once again - trade window is affected by both barter and intelligence. Easy way to deal with the MC5 junk issue is a buy all command or perhaps a sell bulk command, ie "I have 10 X, give me X"

Xaru
18-06-04, 19:36
i guess they just want to make it abit more difficult, or annoying. Otherwise, you would be making shitloads of money tooo fast :) So they save a few credits, because people are too annoyed to sell their stuff.

Regards
Xaru

jernau
18-06-04, 20:10
why 10 - 50 - 100 ?!?!??!?!
why not a "SELL ALL" button? That would be piss easy hey just print in a new dialog then.

"Oooh my, this was more then I tought of you. I am very surprised and all these new components will make our struggel against DOY even better. Can not thank you more then enough for your help"

Or something I am not a english writer and I really dont care but if you want som RP just put some shit in O_o

peace outBecause, as I understand it, the system works by checking for specific items in your inventory and just returns a boolean. Specific numbers are easier to program therefore, so the change could maybe even be done by a kindly GM.

t0tt3
18-06-04, 20:43
Because, as I understand it, the system works by checking for specific items in your inventory and just returns a boolean. Specific numbers are easier to program therefore, so the change could maybe even be done by a kindly GM.

Ok then I am with you =)

ufora
18-06-04, 21:03
omg it take you ONLY 15 mins to sell 249 items?

sultana
19-06-04, 09:12
omg it take you ONLY 15 mins to sell 249 items?
eer? Saying 15 minutes is really a short time and I should live with it? Or I sold 249 items really fast? lol

Well, so I figure the trade window is not on, but say the selling all or stacks of 1/10/100 in the dialogue is just as good. And from what i hear, this won't even need a patch to fix...

ufora
19-06-04, 09:33
u sold them really fast

Epsilon 5
20-06-04, 10:08
eer? Saying 15 minutes is really a short time and I should live with it? Or I sold 249 items really fast? lol

Well, so I figure the trade window is not on, but say the selling all or stacks of 1/10/100 in the dialogue is just as good. And from what i hear, this won't even need a patch to fix...

AFAIK NPC scripts are all server based (afterall each server has a few event NPCs, and look at the test server...), so they could make the TT DOY-buyer just like the drug dealers

ichinin
20-06-04, 10:12
(From Sig) Fix DoY loot vendor in TT HQ! Give him a vedor trade window!

Agree. Make it like the vendors that sell the illegal drugs, you talk some, but then a tradewindow pop up.

Deathzor
20-06-04, 10:52
<3 all ;)

Saza
20-06-04, 11:07
http://www.neo-resource.co.uk/seal.gif

5 stars.

Selling all the loot instantaneously is the best way IMO.

DarkPhoenix
20-06-04, 17:37
I am curious to know what a dev thinks of this... It can't be too hard to implement.

Doc Holliday
20-06-04, 18:23
u get alot of money from doy loot. changeing the hassle of selling it is bound to mean u get the money value nerfed. live with it. its better than building apcs.

rogo
20-06-04, 19:36
I agree, if they made a trade window then they should nerf the value of the parts.

it would take almost no time to hit 20 mill