PDA

View Full Version : need dx diag help

nobby
18-06-04, 12:32
hi, i went on dx diag and i disabled direct 3d and direct draw to see if my games would work, (just pissing about) and they didnt, so i went back on dx diag and i couldnt click on enable and it said that the options were un-avaliable.
i cant use system restore because my restore points seem to have been deleted and i can only go back yesterday.
how could i enable them again?

SilentEye
18-06-04, 12:34
Hey,

I'm so lauging my ass of first, one second.

Wait, one more second!

Alright, phew, I should be able to talk now. Try a reboot ;)

SynC_187
18-06-04, 12:42
The moral of the story is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

jernau
18-06-04, 12:52
Re-install Direct-X?

Tbh I've never tried that (funny huh?) so although I'm sure there's a better way I don't know it.

IF you use the web-based installer it will only get a few hundred k of files as you have them all on there already.

/edit - Thinking about it I'm sure there's a way to do it in the SDK but I'm guessing you don't have that installed so see above.

steweygrrr
18-06-04, 13:14
hi, i went on dx diag and i disabled direct 3d and direct draw to see if my games would work

I disabled D3D and Direct Draw seeing my games that all use 3D hardware accelerators will work =/

Reinstall.

Don't ever touch a PC again.

Be happy.

nobby
18-06-04, 13:53
i didnt mean o fook it up
ive done a reinstall still dont work, even put in a 64mb graphics card and it says the same thing.
i dunno waht toooo dooooo

SynC_187
18-06-04, 13:55
Dunno, but I can turn mine on and off any time with no problems.

alig
18-06-04, 13:59
Re-install graphics drivers, install directX9.0b if you have'nt.

System restore does'nt delete restore points and you cant delete them either afaik. Look again.

jernau
18-06-04, 14:00
i dunno waht toooo doooooFind some good OpenGL games? :p

Mighty Max
18-06-04, 14:01
disabled direct 3d and direct draw to see if my games would work

Recently i amputated my hands and wanted to look if i still can play NeoCron ...

OMG How do u came to THAT idea ?

nobby
18-06-04, 14:03
Re-install graphics drivers, install directX9.0b if you have'nt.

System restore does'nt delete restore points and you cant delete them either afaik. Look again.

ok reinstalled driver, updated driver, still problemo
bah.....im dying..

jernau
18-06-04, 14:06
ok reinstalled driver, updated driver, still problemo
bah.....im dying..
Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

I'm not going to test it but I would think that would fix it.

If you can find a copy of the app that used to be here (http://myappz.tk/) you could try that and then a re-install. I don't think I have a copy to hand but I'm sure it'll be available somewhere.

nobby
18-06-04, 14:09
sounds good....ill look for it

nobby
18-06-04, 14:13
ok found the beta version, here it is if anyone wants it, im currently at school so i can try it out later.

edit/bloody thing wont let me upload zipped folders....sorry, here is a UL instead. to a site you can get it

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

SynC_187
18-06-04, 15:00
Try going to Display properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshooting and seeing if hardware acceleration is turned on. If it is off directdraw and direct3d won't work.

nobby
18-06-04, 23:50
ok well direct 3d just magically came back on, though i tried the help thingy.....that didnt really help.
just looks like im messed up then. :lol:

OpTi
19-06-04, 00:32
this thread is just SOO SOO funny :lol:

nobby
19-06-04, 01:20
:lol: :p :lol: :p

nobby
19-06-04, 15:04
ok right so i have direct 3d avaliable now and nothing else, it dont even say on dx diag how much memory i have on my graphics card, it just says n/a.
i tried the neocron offline demo and it said this "no driver system avaliable"

Tratos
19-06-04, 15:11
-snickers-

I think you should just make your screen one big launch neocron button and never ever do anything with your computer..O_o

:lol:

nobby
20-06-04, 01:52
ok well my system restore points seem to have disapeared, i only have a few on this months date and i have no restore points on the other months :confused:
a way to get them back?