PDA

View Full Version : PPU set up?

Cor
18-06-04, 12:08
What is the best PPU set up : Imp, stills armor the hole set up please, pure PPU

n3m
18-06-04, 12:11
Sorry,
but isn't it more fun to find out yourself?

ezza
18-06-04, 12:14
pure psi resist is teh win

i would suggest you have a go at a setup and come back with what you have, and maybe then some people will suggest a few changes to you

Houston
18-06-04, 12:32

Yep,Pure Psi resist is the best....... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: Try a setup with pure Psi resist come back n tell us what ya get

Dubhead
18-06-04, 12:36
Since everyone is being ever so helpful here is a basic setup for you:

Put all your dex in agility.

In Int, you can afford either imping(base 85, glove, spy 3) or hacking(base 85, spy 3 = being able to hack first layer of OP) as a tradeskill and still reach like 185 or so psi use, which isn't remotely gimped.

Take just as much transport as you are comfortable with and then slap the rest in resist force.

For imps, a nice simple setup would be: Psi-core, Def 1, Def 2, Def 3. Smart cybereye 1. Filter heart 1. Reflexbooster 1. All the bog standard bones.

Wear holy spirit helm, belt, panties, boots and then use dolinskin to drug into the level 3 cloak(once you've capped psi anyways).

Now psi power. Have enough mst to use the holy cath sanctum with your psi-core in. Enough psi power so that you have a big enough pool to cast the holy cath sanctum(anything over 312), and all the rest into ppu.

Now to constitution, everyone's favourite. Take between 25 and 50 athletics.
Aim to get every one of your resists as close to 50 as you can except for energy, that can be much lower, and then just slap the rest into body health.

That should enable you to make a passable impression of an *uber* ppu. Your combat rank will be relatively low, but then who cares if it isn't 80+, it's how effective your character is that counts.

LTA
18-06-04, 12:39
Since everyone is being ever so helpful

Shouldn't be lazy then, if the questions were more like say "how does ppu effect this" "how does ppw effect this" "whats this armour like compared to this" etc then maybe.
But asking for a whole setup that some people have spent ages on is just idle

Original monk
18-06-04, 12:48

imps: psi controller 1, 2, 3 and a distance weaponcpu 1 or move-on when ya have one

:angel:

i heard people asking for setup info before but this is a really short and funny thread:

PPU -> imps, setup, armours and the whole circus please :)

lol

MISS WHIP
18-06-04, 12:51
Shouldn't be lazy then, if the questions were more like say "how does ppu effect this" "how does ppw effect this" "whats this armour like compared to this" etc then maybe.
But asking for a whole setup that some people have spent ages on is just idle

WHAT HE SAID :lol:

ronaz
18-06-04, 12:57
Sorry,
but isn't it more fun to find out yourself?

If you enjoy lomming a lot, don't macro and have no job and don't go to school, yes... :rolleyes: :lol:

jernau
18-06-04, 13:00
If you enjoy lomming a lot, don't macro and have no job and don't go to school, yes... :rolleyes: :lol:
Don't roll a PPU if you want to level quick.

Archeus
18-06-04, 13:06
Dont forget to carry around three different kinds of para spell and a low level heal sanctum (keep the holy heal for yourself).

ronaz
18-06-04, 13:09
Don't roll a PPU if you want to level quick.

I wasn't talkin about leveling... It would be more fun to find out the right setup yourself If reskilling was a bit less of a hassle/timesink O_o .

And I wouldn't know if leveling a PPU is quick or not, The times I had a PPU i leveled him as a hybrid / APU.

Btw, does lomming in NF still work?

jernau
18-06-04, 13:16
I wasn't talkin about leveling...How much experimentation do you think there is to a PPU setup?

Anyone that can level a PPU to cap can surely suck up the tiny extra to move a few PPW and PPU levels about.

/edit : As for reskilling being a hassle - Are you mad? It's easier in NC than any other game I've ever seen or heard of. IMO LOMs should be removed or severely limited ASAP.

ronaz
18-06-04, 14:05
Lol guess I'm mad then :D but i'm more than happy to disagree on this. But I guess you're right on the other games part. I think being able to insta-lom like it was at the beginning of retail spoilt me :D

Cor
18-06-04, 15:45
Thank you Dubhead you are the only one that answered the question right Thx.

ezza
18-06-04, 15:47
Thank you Dubhead you are the only one that answered the question right Thx.
you mean hes the only one who wanted to setup your character for you.

Original monk
18-06-04, 15:51
IMO LOMs should be removed or severely limited ASAP.

IMO loms should never have been invented or existed and implemented ...

like it used to be in beta ... put some points wrong ? 2 bad ... better tought of that before :)

wonna try sumthing else ? make a new char :)

and to Cor: is it that hard to figure out ?

what ya gonna do with youre next char ? for example a tank ? also ask for a nice tanksetup ? daamn lol

ezza
18-06-04, 15:59
IMO loms should never have been invented or existed and implemented ...

like it used to be in beta ... put some points wrong ? 2 bad ... better tought of that before :)

wonna try sumthing else ? make a new char :)

and to Cor: is it that hard to figure out ?

what ya gonna do with youre next char ? for example a tank ? also ask for a nice tanksetup ? daamn lollol original, saying thats 2 bad, come on you were a hybrid, you know how often we got messed around and had to change points etc, saying to bad is just sucky.

i like them, means if your like me and swap and change your tank around a lot, i dont have to relevel from start, i just lom and go :lol:

Techi
18-06-04, 16:32
if you have access to a DS, then core, ds, def 2, def 3, advanced nerves to boost int, SCE 1, filter heart 1, spirit PPU cloak, heavy fire belt, and the rest self explanatory. 178 PPU, 88 MST, the rest in PPW.

if no DS, experimental controller 3, but make up for the loss in force resist by overspeccing.

With regards to the other posts here, there's no point in not helping this guy. For a PPU, very VERY little of your ability or skill is decided by the point values you put in certain places. You can have the most uber possible setup for a PPU in this game and if you aren't really good with it, you'll still drop in 4 seconds flat. You can always tell the people that have been playing PPUs for a really long time because they don't die to fewer than 10 people most of the time.

To the original poster, I'll warn you, it'll take getting used to, especially if you've never played a full combat PPU before. You'll have to learn things about this game that nobody can teach you, and if you don't learn them quickly, it'll get you killed repeatedly. Most of us have lived through that stage at one point or another. Some take longer to come out of it than others, but all agree....it's not easy. You've just taken on the most stressful class to play in this game. Good luck.

Original monk
18-06-04, 16:38
lol original, saying thats 2 bad, come on you were a hybrid, you know how often we got messed around and had to change points etc, saying to bad is just sucky.

i like them, means if your like me and swap and change your tank around a lot, i dont have to relevel from start, i just lom and go :lol:

as i think of it its true, witouth loms they could never have nerfed hybrids, or maybe if they did a full skillrelease every nerf O.O

but atleast ya could say ya had youre own unique setup, and every setup had its flaws, that was the fun part of it: now everyone copy's a setup or try's one out in a skillmanager: see if everything hits 99% est voila: a new uber setup :/

this doesnt means that loms are fine how they are atm ... i would still like to see somekind of superlom that removes 3 levels of the mainskill youre lomming and maybe even give 100 synaps ... but everything is better then 5 minutes every 5 skill points O.O

why 3 levels mainskill ? cause its still more fun recapping in somekind of cave then lomming a whole day long in plaza 1

greendonkeyuk
18-06-04, 16:53
if you dump all your dex into agi then you can also use supp3 to boost tra and have more res force. lotsa people use spy3 for agi but supp3 is a good alternative if you use the exp psi controller setup. You will be a smidgen slower but a tiny bit tougher.

Carinth
18-06-04, 18:39
if you dump all your dex into agi then you can also use supp3 to boost tra and have more res force. lotsa people use spy3 for agi but supp3 is a good alternative if you use the exp psi controller setup. You will be a smidgen slower but a tiny bit tougher.

If you depend on support3 for tra, then when your buffs go out you'll be stuck imobile. That would be especialy bad midfight. One of the few times we caught Polarity with her pants down was when she tried a setup like that. Her buffs went and she was floored, we killed her pretty easily.

Also regarding the Int setup, the difference between 180 psu and 210 psu is about 2-3 rof on your holy cath sanct and some psi pool, maybe 30-40. If you don't use cath sanct then sure, there's no harm in takin up a tradeskill. But if you do use cath sanct then you really should cap the rof. You want as little downtime as possible, a ppu that is standin there with a glowin ball is a vulnerable ppu. APU's especialy like to jump you while you're trying to cast something else, and now Spies can do it too. So if you're serious about combat you might consider putting all your Int into PSU.

A basic guide for setting up PSI is 88 MST, then put into PPU until you cap damage and/or freq or at least meet the desired amount on them on your major spells. Personaly I made sure I could cap my holy heal sanctum's damage, and holy cath sanctum's freq. Capping Frequency is also dependant on PSU as said before, with a super high PSU you don't need as much PPU. Which is where you should put remaining points into PPW to boost your pool. A good combat ppu can have around 350 pool, which is very nice. You'll save on boosters : )

Techi
18-06-04, 18:43
Also regarding the Int setup, the difference between 180 psu and 210 psu is about 2-3 rof on your holy cath sanct and some psi pool, maybe 30-40. If you don't use cath sanct then sure, there's no harm in takin up a tradeskill. But if you do use cath sanct then you really should cap the rof. You want as little downtime as possible, a ppu that is standin there with a glowin ball is a vulnerable ppu. APU's especialy like to jump you while you're trying to cast something else, and now Spies can do it too. So if you're serious about combat you might consider putting all your Int into PSU.

even more imporant than cath time, imho, is rez time. The way I'm currently set up, if I switchcast a holy heal into a holy rez and start the rez while crouched, as long as I don't move, the rez finishes at the same time as the heal. You wouldn't believe how well that works out.

greendonkeyuk
18-06-04, 18:50
i concur carinth, but if the guy has his eye on his buffs thats something that can be worked around. Ive attempted to use the supp3 setup previously and it was tough to do, i cast my supp3 before my other long buffs. Id then see that wearing down first and keep it close to hand, that way i can recast it as soon as it gets low enough to do so. While i appreciate this takes time to master (ive been guilty of the fuckup carinth describes too, and paid the price for it) it can work if you can get the hang of it. In opfights i normally prefer to use a spy3 agi setup and just use supp3 to carry boosters to level. Its a tough one to master but its an alternative to the standard spy3 setup if you can get it right.

Dubhead
18-06-04, 22:11
No ezza, I've got zero interest in setting up his ppu. I just offered a setup for him to think over. What he goes on to do is entirely his choice.

Heaven forbid we share our ideas so that everyone is on a more even footing...

LTA
18-06-04, 22:56
No ezza, I've got zero interest in setting up his ppu. I just offered a setup for him to think over. What he goes on to do is entirely his choice.

Heaven forbid we share our ideas so that everyone is on a more even footing...
but where was the person to give us the setups...
Some people had no choice but to endure hours loming and reskilling/leveling so to come and ask them for the setup they've spent so long perfecting is asking a-lot.
You'll never be on equal footing untill you cap and by then you should be getting some kinda clue as to what skill does what..