PDA

View Full Version : @ daishi and the abuse thread

ufora
18-06-04, 10:36
this is like a post apocalyptic cyber punk world, i very much doubt that in a situation like this people would be really nice to each other and give each other flowers etc.

having abuse hurled at you is all part of the fun. i have had people telling my their gonna hack my account and credit card after we beat them at a op war, i have been called 'a racist ************' after saying i didnt like gamesville to sum1 on ooc, and do you see me complaining?

garyu69
18-06-04, 10:40
Not everyone appreciates abuse and it should not be tolerated.

I'm behind them all the way and monitoring the chat is good if needed.

Its all well and good insulting people if it is RP and both parties do not take offence but to bring RL insults into the game is pathetic and definetly should be stopped.

you say that this is a cyber punk world and it should be expected, well this is actually a game, an RPG game and these insults sound too much to be personal RL insults they are referring to.

formori
18-06-04, 10:41
[ edited ]

L3m0n
18-06-04, 10:43
i have had people telling my their gonna hack my account and credit card after we beat them at a op war?
Now that is funny, and they have to get out more nuff said :rolleyes:

Oath
18-06-04, 10:47
this is like a post apocalyptic cyber punk world, i very much doubt that in a situation like this people would be really nice to each other and give each other flowers etc.

having abuse hurled at you is all part of the fun. i have had people telling my their gonna hack my account and credit card after we beat them at a op war, i have been called 'a racist ************' after saying i didnt like gamesville to sum1 on ooc, and do you see me complaining?

There is a limit to how much anyone can take.

It's not roleplaying to simply insult someone, and it is against the TOS to harass someone. Not all people are as 'understanding' as you are, and perhaps people need to read the 'M' on the box, however it is against reakktor policy.

If something is reported reakktor will assume it was a non RP insult, that is against their TOS and exactly what was said. I personally am sick of it, i don't log on to hear 'fuck you you mother fucking **** loving wanktosser' or 'OMFG WHAT A F***TARD, (insert cst name here) STOLE MY 2 TRILLION SLOT WEAPON WANKER I'M GONNA ******** HIS MOMMA' etc.

It's bullshit.

How can you call someone a racist slur and try and get away with it as RP, or threaten someone's wellbeing, and pretend it's rp. :wtf:

People need to grow up a LOT.

Crest
18-06-04, 10:58
This is a game enjoyed by all people, with different backgrounds. Most use it as an escape from reality.

Abuse is not a good thing (Why)
When you vent in public, you have various age groups / genders that are affected. From kids (14 yrs) to people aged 60+. They firstly don't care, or can take offence .

There is no real reason to be abusive.
Even when you get pked in a hack, and shot in the back. Then you come back and return the favour. If you chars are not good enough to do this, use this as your incentive / driving force, and get there quicker then you can revenge it.

The I Own / pwn you.... yeah right, mebbe you better at PvP, mebbe you not, but in the real world, no one owns me ... So remember the follwoing .....

ITS JUST A GAME Dont ruin it for others

Oath
18-06-04, 11:04
Btw was this gamesville the UK SKY ONE show?

If it was then it sucks.

But that's not the point :p

The game guru pwn....you...

bounty
18-06-04, 11:20
I take a lot of abuse too, and rarely dish back. But the immature idiots that run around yelling racist, homophobic, and a whole bunch of other choice phrases, are really taking away from the overall experience. The same could be said for those that spam trade. It always seems like after every op, the losing team has one clown that starts spamming trade with excuses or complaints of things being unfair. I hope when BDOY is here and KK can afford more GMs, the use of trade for talking like that is completely eliminated and remarks about race or sexual preference has absolutely no place in a game like this, i don't care how much you think "freedom of speech" should belong in a post apocolyptical world.

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 11:21
I dont really think its up for discussion.

There is a fine line between joke abuse, like I have with say devils grace, or some other friends, or offensive serious natured abuse.

SorkZmok
18-06-04, 11:23
I've sent one mail to abuse so far, and that cause some guy was spamming trade with a name you couldn't type. I pretty much don't care what ppl call me or if they threaten me. Actually i find it funny when someone freaks out over direct chat or trade.

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 11:25
Daishi, ive never seen before, so its obviously serious :p

But yes, there are a large quantity of angst ridden teens in Neocron, they need to be shipped out before DOY hits!

Oath
18-06-04, 11:27
Daishi, ive never seen before, so its obviously serious :p

But yes, there are a large quantity of angst ridden teens in Neocron, they need to be shipped out before DOY hits!

So out of 1000 average players at one time (sometimes) how many of those are angst ridden teens? :lol:

995 i think at times ;)

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 11:31
995 i think at times ;)

*sigh* the population isnt over 1000! Crazy person! :lol:

P4mp3rk3
18-06-04, 11:34
i have had people telling my their gonna hack my account and credit card after we beat them at a op war, i have been called 'a racist ************' after saying i didnt like gamesville to sum1 on ooc, and do you see me complaining?

yes, and that has a lot to do with cyberpunk, yesyes...

oh, wait

NO!

Oath
18-06-04, 11:34
*sigh* the population isnt over 1000! Crazy person! :lol:

Not at the moment....

*thinks of an excuse*

Um....my dog ate it?

garyu69
18-06-04, 11:40
Btw was this gamesville the UK SKY ONE show?

If it was then it sucks.

But that's not the point :p

The game guru pwn....you...did anyone else want to just smack the two presenters?

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 11:49
did anyone else want to just smack the two presenters?

Yup, they give a false representation of what the current gaming scene looks like.

There just 2 sad twats :lol:

VetteroX
18-06-04, 11:58
Things like this amaze me... I mean that truely, amaze me... that some people in the world are really so horrified by what some person they will never meet in real life types on a keyboard, they will take the time to write an email to abuse@neocron.... pathetic... There is nothing, NOTHING anyone can type to insult me that will phase me in the least... how insecure can you be to let type hurt you?

Alan
18-06-04, 12:01
All well and true most insults should be just laughed off. BUT some really do cause offense/upset, i.e. calling a German runner a ************, saying someone molests their family. These examples are some off the one's I have come across and have no place anywhere in game OOC or RP.

There must be an understanding that your actions have consequences and YOU are not the center off the universe. YOUR enjoyment is not paramount, the community as a whole comes first over wise I'm sorry you're too immature to be playing this kind of game. (Note this is not a direct attack on the younger players, as I have been witness to outstandingly immature actions/insult's from older and supposedly responsible players).

I am not saying banter is wrong hell, I swear up a storm as well as the next runner. What I am saying is direct/indirect insult's MUST have consequences and hell if it crimps your play style though shit! I know this a PvP game and tempers flare, but I feel the realization that causing deliberate offense should result in a penalty i.e. 2-3 weeks off lost playtime, would at least provide some deterrent to the worst of the utter shit thrown around.

Vithar
18-06-04, 12:02
Abuse is a violation of the Neocron Service Rules of Conduct.

As such, this topic is NOT up for debate.

Thread closed.

V