PDA

View Full Version : About PPW and APU/PPU

Rob01m
17-06-04, 23:21
After looking at this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=69477) thread, I've noticed the part that read:

PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU

APU Damage: 0.65(65%) APU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) PPU

Now my question is...
Why is it when my tank lommed from 31 PPU/10 PPW to 35 PPU/6 PPW did his Damage % on his heal go DOWN. I have more PPU and less PPW now than before. Supposedly a point in PPU should outweigh a point in PPW (as far as Damage % goes) according to the above quote, right?

Is this a bug or a change in a patch I'm forgetting? Or maybe that it wasn't listed in the patch notes?

If this was applied to a patch and in the patch notes, tell me without flames, because I am unaware. Also, if this isn't a bug, than someone should change the post in that thread I linked to.

QuantumDelta
18-06-04, 01:40
Skills are not linear.

Sorin
18-06-04, 01:52
I think those two formulas are out of date, for one thing. They recently completely removed the negative effects PPU and APU have on each other. so the -30% part in each shouldn't be there, I think.

As for why your heal damage went down, I dunno. Odd. Although it might just be like on my PPU, where I've noticed more PPU isn't always better. There seems to be a balance point between the PPU and PPW, so maybe you're on the south end of that balance point?

QuantumDelta
18-06-04, 02:06
As for why your heal damage went down, I dunno. Odd. Although it might just be like on my PPU, where I've noticed more PPU isn't always better. There seems to be a balance point between the PPU and PPW, so maybe you're on the south end of that balance point?

Skills are not linear.

.....Stupid message too short thing.

--
By skills are not linear, I mean, there are points where;

PC 167 = 300 RoF on Liberator.
PC 168 = 302 RoF on Liberator.
PC 169 = 304 RoF on Liberator.
PC 170 = 315 RoF on Liberator.

Not Actual Real Numbers, but this is an approximation of how skills are not linear.

Sorin
18-06-04, 02:19
Indeed. And I'm not entirely sure it's at the same spot for each skill either. On pistols I've noticed the bonus point you just mentioned of 169-170. However on my rifles, it didn't happen until 179-180. I was at 179 R-C and my Healing Light was at 158%.....I put one point into R-C to make it 180 and it jumped to 168% O_o

QuantumDelta
18-06-04, 02:26
From my observations (note; not tests) - it seems to be TLish based.
Though there are other factors that I can't seem to find o.o

Sorin
18-06-04, 02:33
From my observations (note; not tests) - it seems to be TLish based.

Well if there is a TL factor, I'm glad that the jump was bigger rather than smaller for my Healing Light, which is TL 110. One point gave me 10% damage. That was very valuable because at 95 base DEX R-C points are a little hard to come by nowadays.

Though there are other factors that I can't seem to find o.o

Come on, that makes it that much funner trying to figure it out and that much sweet when you DO figured it out :D

Rob01m
18-06-04, 02:56
I know what you guys are talking about.

The only point I was trying to make, was that in my case, this WASN'T the same as it was only a couple patches back with my tank. Back then I would've had the most PPU damage % with ALL in PPU and NONE in PPW. Now thats not the case obviously. But the only thing related to this I've seen in the recent patch notes was the removal of the opposite skill malus like APU to PPU - and even that isn't completely related.

That's why I asked if it was a bug, because it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. It could be a feature too of course. This is actually better for me, because now I'll have the same damage % with a bigger psi pool than before it seems.

@QuantumDelta, you're probably my favorite forum member for a plethora of reasons, thanks for the input.

Thanks to all for their input!

Omnituens
18-06-04, 07:15
you'll find that 169 is the biggest boost point - you hit that with you combat skill and you'll see a nice increase on your dmg %

about rifles - i noticed a boost point at 169 and 179.

BTW the formula you quoted is now wrong - A/PPU does not take away from P/APU now, to confirm what Sorin said.