PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-Football Thread

Benjie
17-06-04, 23:18
I don't mind people doing what they enjoy.

However, I can't go grocery shopping without passing under football banners. I can't watch tv without every other advert having something football related in it. I can't go out into the street without some wanker driving by with a damn England flag sticking out of the bonnet... I hate football! [ edited ] Have a nice little footy party out of the way where we don't have to put up with it?
Not to mention all the riots that are inevitable during the football months. I'm glad England won the last match just so I feel safe. Has anybody been watching the news? It's terrible, even locally riots are breaking out.

Damn you all!
I hate football.

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 23:20
+1 to that opinion Benjie

Tratos
17-06-04, 23:23
Yes, the english rioters are getting worse, the fact that the FA has even threatened to take England out of Euro 2004 because of the ridiculous behavior of the fans.

but its a national thing we made the sport its only right for us to celebrate it in a big way with flags etc but its the violence of the fans which just makes it....pointless.

Benjie
17-06-04, 23:24
its only right for us to celebrate it in a big way.

Can't people just celebrate it in a big way behind closed doors?

(Notice how I'm Bisexual and I'm using the whole masculine anti-gay argument against the masculine football community? Hehe. Not suggesting that footy fans are homophobes tho.)

:p

amfest
17-06-04, 23:24
I don't really get anything out of watching sports for real enjoyment. I think in the end it's boring. If i watch a sport it's cause I'm "studying" techniques and such. The real enjoyment is "playing" the sport. I could care less about any top athletes. I'm more concerned with who I play and my own abilites and enjoyment. Personally I like tennis over team based sports (of course there's doubles in tennis but . .err heh). It's something that depends on my abilites alone and no one else. If I win it's because it was me who had the strength to win. . . . okay maybe I went off from the orginal post .. lol

Mr_Snow
17-06-04, 23:28
If you dont like football that much whenever there is a tournament on go on holiday to the states where they dont play it and dont care about it.

The majority of people in england love football and see it as one of if their favourite past-times so you have to expect them to get excited about it and you have to take it into account.

Of course this doesnt excuse rioting and such, but the fans in portugal seem fairly well behaved except when the portugeuse(spelling?) police overreact and provoke them

Benjie
17-06-04, 23:31
If you dont like football that much whenever there is a tournament on go on holiday to the states where they dont play it and dont care about it.

The majority of people in england love football and see it as one of if their favourite past-times so you have to expect them to get excited about it and you have to take it into account.

Of course this doesnt excuse rioting and such, but the fans in portugal seem fairly well behaved except when the portugeuse(spelling?) police overreact and provoke them
Basicly your saying bugger off, and denying that football has anything to do with the riots? I appriciate you wording it in a mature way, but I'm sorry, I disagree. I shouldn't have to leave England just to avoid that "omg lets put footy everywhere" attitude. It drives non-footy fans insane! (and you are wrong. There are an awefull lot of us in England.) And how can football have nothing to do with the riots? It obviously does!

Mr_Snow
17-06-04, 23:37
Basicly your saying bugger off, and denying that football has anything to do with the riots? I appriciate you wording it in a mature way, but I'm sorry, I disagree. I shouldn't have to leave England just to avoid that "omg lets put footy everywhere" attitude. It drives non-footy fans insane! (and you are wrong. There are an awefull lot of us in England.) And how can football have nothing to do with the riots? It obviously does!

Heh?

When did I say the rioting had nothing to do with the football. I said it doesn excuse the rioting, how about you read the words I write instead of what you want to read?

More people like football in england then dont so as in all democracys the majority sets the rules and you have to deal with that.

Since football is so popular it sells stuff so companies use it to try cash in on any tournament so its not the average fans fault that TV is domminated all the time with football related stuff and not just at match times.

So you have 2 option bear it and try ignore it or buuger off as you put it.

ZnARk
17-06-04, 23:58
Football?
Never heard of it....
Wait..might seen it on the telly once.
Isent it where u use skates and have to try smash a little ball in a basket with a golfclub?

cRazy2003
18-06-04, 00:06
its called being proud of your country.

Jaenus
18-06-04, 00:21
Almost all football fans aren't jobs/thugs/whatever. Even though I'm in America right now I got together with some fellow England fans and watched the game. At any other time I don't watch football but a big tourney like this is great simply because of the atmosphere it generates although that may be the "working class" side of me talking :p

The ones who do fly off to the venue to watch are typically well behaved as well. A few hardline people go there with the simple intention of causing trouble, this gets reported and we get a reputation as uncouth idiots... They mostly just get sent home but, I'm glad to say, that one guy has actually been sent down for taking part in a riot.

Linkey (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3815005.stm)

If you're going to start tarring people at least use a smaller brush :rolleyes:

Judge
18-06-04, 00:25
I dislike football as well.

Its not a case of just being proud for your country... I mean, there are so many sporting events which England enters in for which, I would assume, most of the "OMG you don't watch football? Are you not proud in your country?" crew don't watch. I don't watch them either, but at least I don't pretend to use that excuse.

But thats not to say that I don't want England to win, I do and I would be very happy if they did. But it wouldn't really effect me in the slightest if they didn't.

EDIT: Apparantly some guy started mouthing off at the policemen in Portugal in that incident, and they kicked his ass. Good for them.

Nidhogg
18-06-04, 00:25
I'm a Man. City season ticket holder and saw every home game last season (Premiership, cups, European matches and friendlies), plus a few select away games and I'm not a thug. Moves slowly toward the "ban" button in preparation for the smartarse replies...

N

MkVenner
18-06-04, 00:26
well football is the biggest sport in Europe, Africa, South America and its HUGE in asia as well, its the most followed sport in the world, and it brings countries together. Like in england youve got Geordies fighting Brummies and hating Londoners, and Londoners fighting Essex people, but when the world cup or Euro comes round all thats forgotten and its all for england. Sports bring people together, granted sometimes they cause friction, who can forget the England-Germany 5-1 game or any England-Scotland game....or even West Ham-Crystal palace back in the old days....but over all people come together to play/watch it.

Heretic Shadow
18-06-04, 00:30
rugby is better, we win rugby :)

alig
18-06-04, 00:35

However, I can't go grocery shopping without passing under football banners. I can't watch tv without every other advert having something football related in it. I can't go out into the street without some wanker driving by with a damn England flag sticking out of the bonnet... I hate football! [ edited ] Have a nice little footy party out of the way where we don't have to put up with it?
Not to mention all the riots that are inevitable during the football months. I'm glad England won the last match just so I feel safe. Has anybody been watching the news? It's terrible, even locally riots are breaking out.

Damn you all!
I hate football.

Cant you just keep yourself behind closed doors instead? im not a football finatic, i support Arsenal ...and i watch England...your a minority benjie and your opinions mean nothing to 95% of UK, even old women watch england if their english...it does'nt mean they go down the Supermarket on their electric wheelchairs smashing it up like on that advert. Just because people fight over football does'nt mean its football's fault, that might be how they got agitated in the first place but they are human being's capable of making their own decisions and are reponsable for their own actions.

Ever heard the saying "If joe blogs told you to jump of a mountain, would you?"... these fans start fights on their own accordance...football has fuck all to do with it after they start fighting. Its simply a reason to beat up foreigners :p

Mr_Snow
18-06-04, 00:36
EDIT: Apparantly some guy started mouthing off at the policemen in Portugal in that incident, and they kicked his ass. Good for them.

My uncle runs a bar over in portugal and he basically said that nothing happened that doesnt usually happen on a summers night but the police are using any excuse to start on the english fans over there because off their reputation they have earned.Im Irish so I really dont give a shit about the english fans reputation and I saw what they did to landsdown road when Ireland went one up the last time we played you but the english fans in portugal dont deserve the bad rep and treatment they are getting there just because they are english football fans.

ichinin
18-06-04, 00:38

WHAT do kicking a piece of (whatever it is) into a net has to do with national pride? If Sweden wins or loose that wont change our GNP one bit. People put too much emphasis on soccer/icehockey like it was something relevant that decide the fate of nations and everyone has to watch it or the country explodes. Soccer is violent to play; when i took Martial Arts earlier, we had maby like 1-2 accidents a year - if we were unlucky.. compare that to soccer/icehockey.. but then people dont learn how to throw themselves and fall in those sports.

If people ask me -"Which is your favourite team"? I will reply "well, 2 tanks, a PPU and my Spy". At least Neocron isn't a disguised substitute for conflict.

Jaenus
18-06-04, 00:44
WHAT do kicking a piece of (whatever it is) into a net has to do with national pride?

I don't think he was referring to the violence but rather the pro English football banners, flags etc that have appeared everywhere.

I don't think we should even grace the topic of football violence with a conversation about it. It really has nothing to do with football but the people themselves. Talking about it (here at least) is really quite futile.

Koshinn
18-06-04, 00:45
Ew... football. It'd be cool if they like.. you know.. scored more than twice a game. Then it'd be fun. But what do I know? In my country, football is a oval-ish pigskin ball that is perfectly fine to pick up and throw. It's actually encouraged. OMG WTF HAX!!!111oneone

Shujin
18-06-04, 00:46
Can't people just celebrate it in a big way behind closed doors?

(Notice how I'm Bisexual and I'm using the whole masculine anti-gay argument against the masculine football community? Hehe. Not suggesting that footy fans are homophobes tho.)

:p
;0000 *romps upon teh benj*

Benjie
18-06-04, 00:47
Oh come off it!
Your country isn't defined by a sport!
Your country is defined by polotics, law and standards.

The intelect of some people! *sigh*

rogo
18-06-04, 00:48
[ edited ]

-Demon-
18-06-04, 00:50

Damn you all!
I hate football.

If you dont mind what people enjoy then surely you respect the majority of the country that choose to enjoy and take pride in thier national team and some would say sport.

Behind closed doors? What else would you like us to hold behind closed doors, according to you the england rugby team shouldn't have got the london celebration(Flags there to piss you off) they got, neither should we celebrate the Queens jublee(Plenty of flags there to piss you off eh?).
To be fair I watched it in a pub and the atmosphere was amazing, no better way to watch the beautiful game.

Ok so there has been a bit of trouble, no more than usual no doubt just a little more intense as we lost. Note big fat 0 trouble on the night in portual that we lost to the French. Trouble here well no wonder if you kept the bad guys here *duh* theres gonna be some kicking off but you expect it and I only heard of a few places that actaully happened.

Calling all football supporters fucktards is not going to make your case, in fact it doesn't matter what I say here you will think I'm a fucktard anyway. I'm sure you don't like being stereotyped well buddy you just used one yourself tarring us all with the same brush.

I hate whining tards who can't take a bit of national pride for a couple of weeks.

Benjie
18-06-04, 00:51
[ edited ]
[ edited ] It's something physical/mental that you are born with or you are not. And it's about social tolerance, something which football does not need.
They are completely different things, and open mindedness to gays has nothing to do with this thread, so please don't mention it again.

cRazy2003
18-06-04, 00:53
WHAT do kicking a piece of (whatever it is) into a net has to do with national pride? If Sweden wins or loose that wont change our GNP one bit. People put too much emphasis on soccer/icehockey like it was something relevant that decide the fate of nations and everyone has to watch it or the country explodes. Soccer is violent to play; when i took Martial Arts earlier, we had maby like 1-2 accidents a year - if we were unlucky.. compare that to soccer/icehockey.. but then people dont learn how to throw themselves and fall in those sports.

If people ask me -"Which is your favourite team"? I will reply "well, 2 tanks, a PPU and my Spy". At least Neocron isn't a disguised substitute for conflict.

football is a popular sport, its simply fans proud of there nationalities team and supporting the players.

Nidhogg
18-06-04, 00:53
Discuss this without flaming or the thread goes bye-bye.

N

Benjie
18-06-04, 00:54
I hate whining tards who can't take a bit of national pride for a couple of weeks.
It's not national pridel, it's a sport.

People actually think that football equals your country?

No, your wrong. If you want national pride, get into polotics.

And I _really_ wouldn't mind football if I didn't have to duck under every single football promotion on the high street.

-Demon-
18-06-04, 00:55
Oh come off it!

It's certainly what the bread and butter people of this country think it does.
Intelect? You lack in this too if all you think that defines England is it's laws etc.
What about the poeple? And what better way to project your country in this case on the european stage and before in world cups, than have a football team that do well.
Ok so a few fans let us down(But you cannot hold us all in the same light)...big deal other countries have had fans sent home too.
It shows alot and it creates so many things that lots of people benefit from.

alig
18-06-04, 00:55
[ edited ] It's something physical/mental that you are born with or you are not. And it's about social tolerance, something which football does not need.
They are completely different things, and open mindedness to gays has nothing to do with this thread, so please don't mention it again.

Do you just have to be different? you just love to disagree and be the 'only one'

Judge
18-06-04, 00:57
My uncle runs a bar over in portugal and he basically said that nothing happened that doesnt usually happen on a summers night but the police are using any excuse to start on the english fans over there because off their reputation they have earned.Im Irish so I really dont give a shit about the english fans reputation and I saw what they did to landsdown road when Ireland went one up the last time we played you but the english fans in portugal dont deserve the bad rep and treatment they are getting there just because they are english football fans.

I suppose that no one will really know exactly what happened, as I'm guessing the guy who got nailed was pretty pissed, and I doubt that the Portugese police are going to tell the exact truth if they did just beat him up for the hell of it.

However, if he did start running his mouth off at them for no reason then personally, I think he deserved what he got. Unless they actually broke any major bones... that would be going a little bit far.

Benjie
It's certainly what the bread and butter people of this country think it does.
Intelect? You lack in this too if all you think that defines England is it's laws etc.
What about the poeple? And what better way to project your country in this case on the european stage and before in world cups, than have a football team that do well.
Ok so a few fans let us down(But you cannot hold us all in the same light)...big deal other countries have had fans sent home too.
It shows alot and it creates so many things that lots of people benefit from.
Football does not define England. If your "bread and butter" people think it does, then they are just wrong.

Yes, there is more to England than Polotics and Law.
Football however does not come into it.
Football is a sport, nothing more.

alig
It's not national pridel, it's a sport.

People actually think that football equals your country?

No, your wrong. If you want national pride, get into polotics.

And I _really_ wouldn't mind football if I didn't have to duck under every single football promotion on the high street.

HAHA where you live? smallville :rolleyes: or are you just extremely taaaallllllll (http://www.aviation-top-pics.com/images/tall.jpg)

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:00
HAHA where you live? smallville :rolleyes: or are you just extremely taaaallllllll (http://www.aviation-top-pics.com/images/tall.jpg)
OMG! Where did you get that picture of me? :p

Rude Boi
18-06-04, 01:00
[ edited ]

Judge
18-06-04, 01:01
So long as no-one starts telling me that I should be behind the England team, or telling me what I should be doing then I'm fine with it. Its relatively easy to just ignore the huge amounts of flags for a few weeks. Alot of my friends aren't football crazy either, so it barely features in our conversation or daily lives.

EDIT: Oh yes, that is one thing that does piss me right off. The amount that they get paid.

Jaenus
18-06-04, 01:03
Oh come off it!

No it's not defined by a sport but when playing in a large tourney it's a matter of pride to do yourself justice, especially when it has such a large following here. For example you just know that the French are proud as anything to get one over on us like that. It's nothing personal, nor aggressive, simply competitive.

Each additional post in this thread is on a degenerating spiral. To get back to the initial topic the majority of England enjoys these "National Pride" things. Maybe not because of the sport, or the commercialised environment that comes with it, but it is a great chance to sit down with friends and enjoy something you might not usually.

Plus you can't get in trouble for watching it during work hours because your boss is doing it too :lol:

EDIT: I personally believe that although football doesn't define us as a nation it does contribute towards it. Even more so when playing in a multi-national tournament.

-Demon-
18-06-04, 01:03
Football does not define England. If your "bread and butter" people think it does, then they are just wrong.

Not just football. Surely the amount of flags and everyone showing that they support something defines us as a nation.
We as members of this country have a right to show how much we support this country thats what really defines a nation, is how proud we are to live and support every endevour that we as a country undertake including sport as well as other subjects.

evs
18-06-04, 01:04
Can I post derogatory remarks about people who have no support for what the country is good at above others or the how in old times it would be classed as 'traitorous' to your country to knock it in a public fashion?

I mean you've spilled your guts on the football threads, so hey free country right?
Means I can post my thoughts on your self centered petty attitude here.

Im glad mt country has some pride in something its half decent at.

I suggest all those that dont like it please go live somewhere else, because as long as you live here - you arent going to like it !

alig
[ edited ]

Well the difference is, doctor's are payed from our ripping of fucking goverment and footballers are'nt and football is so well funded players get payed that much. It is no different to what wage packages Schumacher gets, infact...for one F1 season he gets payed more than it takes to pay for the ENTIRE BAR team, including new F1 cars/mechanics/parts/petrol...so dont come that shit about footballers getting payed to much.

Benjie
Not just football. Surely the amount of flags and everyone
We as members of this country have a right to show how much we support this country .
You are not supporting this country though, you are supporting this countrys football team.

There is a massive difference.

cRazy2003
18-06-04, 01:05
lol benjie, ok lets support and take pride in our countries politics, should i carry around a flag supporting war in iraq and more money for the NHS?

just shut up and be proud of the england team taking part in this footballing event, it only happens ever so often, and we have the ability to take part, football is a big sport, people of england take pride in it and our team, how dare you tell us that we shouldnt support them, if you dont, go into your house, and stay there, i certainly dont care what you think and i guarentee 99.9% of true england fans wont, and i hope i speak out for all england fans who are supporting england in euro2004 to just go and go bother someone else, we dont care, if u dont like it, then leave, not our, or my problem.

alig
18-06-04, 01:05
OMG! Where did you get that picture of me? :p

Google (http://images.google.com/images?q=tall&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search) ;) your all over the web fella :p

Rude Boi
18-06-04, 01:07
Well the difference is, doctor's are payed from our ripping of fucking goverment and footballers are'nt and football is so well funded players get payed that much. It is no different to what wage packages Schumacher gets, infact...for one F1 season he gets payed more than it takes to pay for the ENTIRE BAR team, including new F1 cars/mechanics/parts/petrol...so dont come that shit about footballers getting payed to much.

ahem.... doctors are greatly understaff in many hospitals around the UK, and they are being payed peanuts for saving peoples lives daily, you dont see no famous doctors living in mansions liek that fuck head beckham, who would b in adult learning classes if football was banned :P ;)

evs
18-06-04, 01:07

Law, Sport, Challenges for the leaders and the country.
All items we decide on, and work together to tackle.

Im sorry you do not like your nations first and foremost pastime, but thats not my fault that's your loss.

Hooliganism and vandalism often tie into football, and that im always ashamed of, but for the purity of the game, and pitting tactics and skill against the rest of europe / world, it cant be beaten.

Again i feel sorry for you and your blinkered view of sport and life.

alig
18-06-04, 01:10
ahem.... doctors are greatly understaff in many hospitals around the UK, and they are being payed peanuts for saving peoples lives daily, you dont see no famous doctors living in mansions liek that fuck head beckham, who would b in adult learning classes if football was banned :P ;)

And thats why i dont think of doctor's like that...

Our goverment CAN afford to pay doctor's alot more but they dont...you know why? because they are fucking fuckers who take something like 81% of petrol per litre as TAX.....and football is run by the FA, not tony blair.

I dont want to start talking about the british goverment because they piss me off and ive only been getting taxed for 2 years :mad:

-Demon-
18-06-04, 01:10
You are not supporting this country though, you are supporting this countrys football team.

There is a massive difference.

No I don't see it like that at all.

The England team come from...ENGLAND(Country) therefore I support my country and wish them to do well and the country as a whole wishes that too.

The England team is made up of...ENGLISH players who come from ENGLAND(Country) therefore I support my countryand wish them to do well and the country as a whole wishes that too.

The England team represent...ENGLAND(Country) therefore I support my country and wish them to do well and the country as a whole wishes that too.

Just because it's a sport doesn't mean that I cannot choose to support my country when they play.

Scikar
18-06-04, 01:11
I think alig has a perfectly valid point actually. Just what is the difference between someone being intolerant of homosexuals, and someone being intolerant of football fans?

Football doesn't define a country. That's a ridiculous concept. But it does highlight its achievements. The European Championships, the World Cup, they're competitions. The country which wins demonstrates that the people of that country playing that sport are the best in the world at doing so. And that is something to be proud of.

You take the few actions of a minority of hooligans who are shunned by vast majority of football supporters, and then paint everyone else with the same brush? I think that's just a little bit close minded of you. Some paedophiles happen to be gay and go for young boys, but does anyone assume all gays are paedophiles? So why apply that to football supporters?

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 01:11
I wouldnt mind, But as english were only patriotic when it fucking suits us.

As for those flags on peoples windows, I went out last night, after work (about 1 oclock) and cut 7 of them down off the cars on my street!

BOY THAT FELT GOOD!

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:12
lol benjie, ok lets support and take pride in our countries politics, should i carry around a flag supporting war in iraq and more money for the NHS?.
Having an opinion on your country is doing a better job supporting your country than supporting our football team.

just shut up and be proud of the england team taking part in this footballing event, .
Actually, considering that football is in my face 24/7 during this time of the months, I think it's healthy for people who don't like it to shout out about how annoying it is.

it only happens ever so often, and we have the ability to take part, football is a big sport, people of england take pride in it and our team, how dare you tell us that we shouldnt support them, .
I never said that. It's just irratating when you loath football that it's godamn everywhere you look.

go into your house, and stay there.
People should have a right to decoraite there house as footbally as they like, but it's invading *my* terf now! It's invading my television, the shops I *need* to go into...

, i certainly dont care what you think and i guarentee 99.9% of true england fans wont,.
Thats your freedom, and good for you! (I like your sig btw :p)

and i hope i speak out for all england fans who are supporting england in euro2004 to just go and go bother someone else, we dont care, if u dont like it, then leave, not our, or my problem.
Like I said, I think it's healthy for people who loath football to shout out how irratating it is this time of the year. It's no good bottoling up feelings is it? Besides, I have freedom of speach. (well, not with niddy around! :p)

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:13

As for those flags on peoples windows, I went out last night, after work (about 1 oclock) and cut 7 of them down off the cars on my street!

BOY THAT FELT GOOD!

Hehe. When I went into Asda, I almost started pulling down all the England decorations. :p I might go do it next week. :)

*edit*
Gah! Ment to add that to the last post. Sorry moderators.

-Demon-
18-06-04, 01:14

BOY THAT FELT GOOD!

That doesn't surprise me at all coming from you...and yet if anything happened to your property I'm sure you would bitch and moan.

Grow up jeez.

alig

BOY THAT FELT GOOD!

It wont when they find out it was you and you get 7 of your windows tanned :lol:

Clownst0pper
Hehe. When I went into Asda, I almost started pulling down all the England decorations. :p I might go do it next week. :)

Black outfit/sharp plyers, and make sure you dont touch the car (alarms go off) me and some friends had the best laugh ever, even funnier the next morning when all the thugs go out to there cars!

ROFL!

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:15
I think alig has a perfectly valid point actually. Just what is the difference between someone being intolerant of homosexuals, and someone being intolerant of football fans?
I tolerate football. to an extent... & there is a big difference. Homosexuality is exactly the same as Hetrosexuality in how natural it is.
I'm just venting. :p

Black outfit/sharp plyers, and make sure you dont touch the car (alarms go off) me and some friends had the best laugh ever, even funnier the next morning when all the thugs go out to there cars!

ROFL!
Lmao, thats classic man.
Keep it up, your doing a great thing!

alig
18-06-04, 01:17

ROFL!

Its not big and it isnt clever....you are obviously under 16 or have never owned something you personally payed for with your own hard earned cash or you are extremely immature.

Even though these are £1 flags, they 1) DONT BELONG TO YOU 2) DONT BELONG TO YOU 3) YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW (Vandalism) and all these supporters are doing are supporting.

Judge
18-06-04, 01:18
Come on guys... you have you admit. The little car flags are very irritating right?

Don't blame clownstopper at all for cutting those bloody flags off. Hehe... making me chuckle just thinking about it. Hehe...

EDIT: Hmmm... maybe go round cutting the flags and leaving £1 coins on the bonnet for each flag you cut, eh Alig?

evs
18-06-04, 01:19
Quite impressed how some people moand about vandalism, and then condone it when its destroying england flags that someone else has paid for.

hypcritical and immature.

then again what do i expect from sub 21 year old children still in the educational system

sigh :rolleyes:

Edit, my younger 12 year old sister bought a flag for her dad's car.

I imagine she would be pretty devastated if some young thug/vandal ruined that for no other reason than ' they didnt like it'

Think on children.

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:19
Come on guys... you have you admit. The little car flags are very irritating right?
It's like when I was 12 and used to attach things to my bike.
I just imagine the mentality behind the whole thing. I get my revenge by observing the people toting these flags thinking there wankers.

And yes, they are extremely irratating!

Quite impressed how some people moand about vandalism, and then condone it when its destroying england flags that someone else has paid for.

then again what do i expect from sub 21 year old children still in the educational system

There is a difference between burning up cars, starting riots, and making the world a better place by cutting off a 1 pound flag!

alig
18-06-04, 01:20

Don't blame clownstopper at all for cutting those bloody flags off. Hehe... making me chuckle just thinking about it. Hehe...

That isnt the point. I personally dont have one but i dont find them irritating...imagine going to war, you would'nt have your plyer's with you then to chop down your squaddies england flag and you would'nt get depressed about it either.

If i saw someone with a set of plyer's, a big smart arse grin like they are good near my car if it had an england flag on it...them plyers would be so far up his arse hole he would be spitting them out through his mouth.

Edit/ to reply to judge's edit... No it doesnt really matter, once you break into someones house you are breaking the law...even if you break in, say Hi and leave again without taking anything...

You can't rob a bank and say "ill put that 2 million back...But....can i be let off please?" :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
18-06-04, 01:21
btw note to benjie youve just destroyed any reputation among the football fans you had, which is most of us, so gg.

but your like the fucking guy off christmas carol, scrooge, we dont care that u dislike football, u said in your other posts, but to make a thread is just annoying, i hope u can see most of us dont care, and for you being 1 person who doesnt like it among the 1% it doesnt matter, so u keep your opinions to yourself about football and let people enjoy and celebrate the footballing season the way they want to.

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:21
That isnt the point. I personally dont have one but i dont find them irritating...imagine going to war, you would'nt have your plyer's with you then to chop down your squaddies england flag and you would'nt get depressed about it either.
You are comparing football to war? :lol:

btw note to benjie youve just destroyed any reputation among the football fans you had, which is most of us, so gg.
So I don't appriciate football? :( Oh no, hate me for being different, please!

Judge
18-06-04, 01:22

Oh come on man. You can't take half of whats said on the net as the truth, and another quarter as people being serious. Of course I wouldn't really, its just funny to have a laugh about it.

EDIT: I really don't think that you can compare football to war Alig.

evs
18-06-04, 01:24
There is a difference between burning up cars, starting riots, and making the world a better place by cutting off a 1 pound flag!

There is ZERO difference.

Vandalism is vandalism, be it small or large in context.

If i stabbed someone with a carving knife or a pen knife, i have still attacked them and harmed them.

To be honest i wish i knew who you where / where you lived so I could report you to the appropriate authorities.

The law is the law.

you were WRONG to vandalise others property, and by that - you are no better than the people you seek to colour in the eyes of society.

alig
18-06-04, 01:24
You are comparing football to war? :lol:

Yeah!, i go a bit to far with my examples :p

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:25
The bottom line is: This time of the year is very annoying to people who loath football, and we exist in surprisingly large numbers.

You have to expect that with all these pro-football threads, you will find some people starting threads stating how annoying they find the whole thing, right?

It's even stevens! (I'll never forgive myself for saying that :lol: )

Yeah!, i go a bit to far with my examples :p
:angel:
:)

tis ok. :)

cRazy2003

[ edited ]

but your lying, it isnt annoying

'tum de dum, OMG AN ENGLAND FLAG, OMG IM IRRITATED'

just dont look at them ffs, [ edited ]

NS_CHROME54
hmmm... tenessee titans versus man. u... could be interesting...

not that i give a shit about either version, north american or european, imo they both suck.

HOCKEY FOREVER
that's canada's opinion.

Scikar
18-06-04, 01:26
I tolerate football. to an extent... & there is a big difference. Homosexuality is exactly the same as Hetrosexuality in how natural it is.
I'm just venting. :p
Normally people tend to vent with a little consideration, i.e. without calling a whole bunch of people all hooligans and thugs...

Where did I say anything about homosexuality not being natural? To a lot of people in this country, football is also natural. You don't like people looking down on you or being prejudiced against you for your sexual orientation, so what gives you the right to do exactly that to someone else just because they enjoy football and are proud of their national team, and want to say so? You feel the need to repeat every so often that you are bisexual, which happens all year round, these people feel the need to express their support for their national side, and it's barely even an annual thing. Yet you attack them? O_o

evs
18-06-04, 01:27
Oh come on man. You can't take half of whats said on the net as the truth, and another quarter as people being serious. Of course I wouldn't really, its just funny to have a laugh about it.

EDIT: I really don't think that you can compare football to war Alig.

I dont take it serious, but im often surprised and shocked how little people obviously understand about their own judicial law that governs them.

You dont realise how many people read your post, and how many may think 'hey thats a good idea' and actually act upon it.

Get angry, get annoyed, have an opinion. All good.

But please dont inspire some idiot to do damage by making out that its 'cool'

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:29
To a lot of people in this country, football is also natural.
Football is as natural as it is for some people to hate football at this time of the year.

Besides, the Bisexual title next to my name is on one persons forum account.
Perhaps it's only where I live, but some shops are so over the top it's terrible! And there shops I *need* to go into like grocery shops.

And guys, the flags really are very annoying.

You feel the need to repeat every so often that you are bisexual, which happens all year round, these people feel the need to express their support for their national side, and it's barely even an annual thing. Yet you attack them? O_o
I'm not attacking them. Football is very annoying this time of the year to people who don't like it, because it's everywhere!

Jaenus
18-06-04, 01:29

You aren't losing favour for disliking football, your losing it for the general hypocracy which you both display and support.

You keep asking for people to respect your attitudes towards football then attack the wide spread support for it with little regard for us, the fans. I think you'll be hard pushed for a better example of a hypocrite.

Rude Boi
18-06-04, 01:30
And thats why i dont think of doctor's like that...

Our goverment CAN afford to pay doctor's alot more but they dont...you know why? because they are fucking fuckers who take something like 81% of petrol per litre as TAX.....and football is run by the FA, not tony blair.

I dont want to start talking about the british goverment because they piss me off and ive only been getting taxed for 2 years :mad:

lol, i just think its a fucked up wrold we live in where that kinda shit happens. (if i become prime minister, god knows why, id ban football ;) just to piss people off )

evs
18-06-04, 01:30
Jaenus is right tbh.

Judge
18-06-04, 01:31
TBH with you, if someone is stupid enough to be affected by a few posts on the net then its not my problem. Everyone seems to take everything way to seriously, kick back, chill out.

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:31
You keep asking for people to respect your attitudes towards football
No I don't.
I accept that people have there own views.
Besides, we are all hypocrytes in some form or another.

(I am venting a little bit by the way, which was the point in this thread. People who don't like football being able to say it without having to spam the Team A > Team B threads.)

Scikar
18-06-04, 01:33
Football is as natural as it is for some people to hate football at this time of the year.

Besides, the Bisexual title next to my name is on one persons forum account.
Perhaps it's only where I live, but some shops are so over the top it's terrible! And there shops I *need* to go into like grocery shops.

And guys, the flags really are very annoying. [/i]

Exactly how? It's just a flag. What's the problem? You're actually getting this angry over flags? I small red cross on a white background, our national symbol, it'll be displayed for at most two months, then they'll all disappear, and the government will ban them anyway saying we have to only fly the EU flag. So just live with it!

EDIT:

I'm not attacking them. Football is very annoying this time of the year to people who don't like it, because it's everywhere!
And the subject of homosexuals is very annoying to a homophobe who lives on the route of a gay pride march. What's the difference?

Dribble Joy
18-06-04, 01:34
Besides, we are all hypocrytes in some form or another.
Which I suppose excuses you, but not others?

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:35
Exactly how? It's just a flag. What's the problem? You're actually getting this angry over flags? I small red cross on a white background, our national symbol, it'll be displayed for at most two months, then they'll all disappear, and the government will ban them anyway saying we have to only fly the EU flag. So just live with it!
I agree. And I will live with it. :p

But I really do have as much right to hate football as you do to enjoy it. Me and other people who hate football often make fun of you guys, for our own relief of course.

Which I suppose excuses you, but not others?
Yes, no, aw I dunno.
Well, of course not.
I didn't acuse anyone of being a hypocryte, even though I expect everyone has been one at some point in there life. I don't really mind though, I consider it human nature. Accident prone, unable to live by our own standars, etc etc.

alig
18-06-04, 01:36
lol, i just think its a fucked up wrold we live in where that kinda shit happens. (if i become prime minister, god knows why, id ban football ;) just to piss people off )

The PM has'nt got the right to ban football lol. He has'nt got the right to ban smoking as much as he wants to in public places, like streets..

Dribble Joy
18-06-04, 01:38

But I really do have as much right to hate football as you do to enjoy it. Me and other people who hate football often make fun of you guys, for our own relief of course.

Yet if anyone rejects homosexuality in the slightest, even in private, that's completely unacceptable?

Stop using a completely irrelevant (yet superficially similar) subjects in order to justify your own views.

Benjie
18-06-04, 01:40
This thread has been kinda fun. It's enjoyable to vent sometimes, and I am sure you guys enjoy arguing your reasons too.
However it's just me & a couple of other people -vs- everyone else, and it's getting a bit heated. (which is never enjoyable, so whats the point?)

I'm going to leave it for a while, maybe for tonight.
Just wanted to say bye bye, n' ty. :) (you guys!!!!!)

[/corny]

:angel:

Scikar
18-06-04, 01:42

Maybe you have the right yes, but that doesn't make it acceptable. It's a very intolerant, antisocial stance to take IMO. I keep bringing up the subject of homosexuals because I think it draws an effective comparison. So continuing on that subject, I dislike the vast majority of homosexuals I have met, in a similar way to you disliking football. However, first, I don't apply that to any gay person as soon as I meet him, as far as I'm concerned being gay has no relevance. Just that a lot of people I dislike happen to be homosexual. Second, I keep quiet about it, because I'm a tolerant sort of person. I don't see any benefit to screaming out how much I hate them or being confrontational. OK, so you don't like football. Why start an argument and a fight like this about it? Just to make a little point about how you hate it?

Judge
18-06-04, 01:45
He has'nt got the right to ban smoking as much as he wants to in public places, like streets..

Yes he does.

He could ban smoking outright, except he won't because of the tax revenue the government gets from it.

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 01:52
Its not big and it isnt clever....you are obviously under 16 or have never owned something you personally payed for with your own hard earned cash or you are extremely immature.

Even though these are £1 flags, they 1) DONT BELONG TO YOU 2) DONT BELONG TO YOU 3) YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW (Vandalism) and all these supporters are doing are supporting.

Sorry AliG, I apologise, im sure your a law abiding citezen, overly mature for your age, never mess around, and never have a laugh - or have ever had a laugh at someone elses expense.

Of course, the above is clearly bollox seen as your a foot ball fan, and as the world knows, british stereotypes fit, and I have no doubt you along with 99% of this country shop at Burtons, drink Carling, call women bitches, read MAX POWER, and generally act a yob.

Of course, I could be wrong :lol: ;)

Judge
18-06-04, 01:54
Onoz... MAX POWER > ALL!!!!

So... what do you call Townies? Down here we call them Swills.

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 01:55

Usually I call them twats, but yes, Townies fits, although it isnt quite as enjoyable as calling a Burtons walk about, in a burbery cap a twat.

Twist3d
18-06-04, 02:20
just a little thing i picked up on
NOW i know why nidhogg is a maonin #@*& sometimes :D

hes a man city fan rolf well i supose some1 has to suport them :lol:

personally im a liverpool fan

the rest of you OMG you need to get out more and watch a real game of football not that american shit where the foot touches the ball once a blue moon change the name for christ sake where is the foot in that game

!! COME ON ENGLAND !! :) :) :)

Dribble Joy
18-06-04, 02:25

N.E.D.s (scotland)

I call them townies, the area I am in is rifle with the scum.
Fucking Uxbridge, I wish my Uni was somewhere else.

Judge
18-06-04, 02:37
I live in a relatively small town, which used to be full of mainly normal people... but in the past two or three years the swill population has been steadily rising until its now epidemic proportions.

I've seen a guy fully into his Hardcore Metal... within a year he's listening to Trance and wearing Addidas Poppers. What went wrong?!?

Its hard to step outside my front door without the obligatory "Get a fookin' 'aircut ya fookin' stoner".

Rai Wong
18-06-04, 02:43
It doesn't really matter what you enjoy, but the moment it starts bollocking my life then thats when I starts to care. Football in england is ridiculously overkill, its like the only thing they do for god sakes. No I don't want to turn my TV on to have to bear beckham pepsi ads everyday. Its like the whole fucking royal family, and the gossip, people there have fucking nothing else to do.

In the same way I don't despise gay men at all, but when they start getting into my life and trying to convince me to get into the culture, thats when it really gets me. Exatcly in football I am invaded by this culture, and I honestly watch football, but this whole thing is over kill? maybe one day my toilet seat will have an ad of beckham. I don't like american football, but they don't overkill the thing like UK does.

I strongly support england, but I think its just too much. No my life isn't just football, and football isn't all I care about and no not watching football on daily basis doesn't mean i'm gay and agrgrghrghrhrrrr I don't want my pepsi covered with beckham arrrghrgh its a game not a war!!!!! You guys understand...what I mean

I just wish we could be more diverse and LIKE SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE!!!! These fanatics ruin my life. The business industry exploits this and soon our england flag will become the face of beckham...stop this now!!! football was never like this before, the whole celebrity thing has pissed me off completely.

jernau
18-06-04, 03:06
Why do people assume the loudest group are the largest?

Looking at the TV viewing figures it seems no more than 1 in 4 of the people in the UK care about football even during the ultra-hyped times like this. Most probably don't give a damn either way about it and some "hate" it I suppose.

Personally I find it very boring but it doesn't bother me until it invades my life as it is at the moment. I can entirely understand why Benjie and others get angry or annoyed about it as it makes a lot of public places we would normally go unusable, unenjoyable or downright hostile.

As for national pride - the performance of both our team and a minority of it's supporters are not something I am proud of. National disgrace is more like it.

Oh and whoever said Footy is the most popular sport in the world - F1 is still the most watched sport on TV worldwide I believe though it's fans rarely feel the need to push their "passion" down other people's throats.

Benjie
18-06-04, 03:08
Oh and whoever said Footy is the most popular sport in the world - F1 is still the most watched sport on TV worldwide I believe though it's fans rarely feel the need to push their "passion" down other people's throats.
Thats a good point.
Football isn't the biggest, but it's deffinetly the loudest.

And I really don't hate football. I just hate it invading my life. (which it does this time of the year.)

Personally I find it very boring but it doesn't bother me until it invades my life as it is at the moment.

VetteroX
18-06-04, 03:31
I could see being excited if you actually played...wanting to be the best for yourself, but I dont get why fans get so exicted. I dunno why you go crazy over something you arent involved in... just a spectator... besides, who cares whos better about kicking a ball around.... now war games would be cool, and that actually matters who wins...

As for the rioting in europe over games that causes damage, crime, and injuries, I dont see why they allow it... the government should crack down.

One warning: 10 seconds to quite down and stop going nuts... if they dont comply after 10 seconds, have armored vehicles with flame throwers and machine guns go in... people will learn fast after that.

And for the people who think thats too brutal, you dont get in trouble if you dont cause trouble... easy as that.

Birkoff
18-06-04, 03:41
Football > you

Mr_Snow
18-06-04, 04:59
There may be alot of people in England who loath football but theres a hell of a lot more that would rather cut off their own arm then never see a football, to the extent that 7 or 8 years ago that in a poll of who blokes who rather have dinner with Eric Cantona topped the poll ahead of Pamela Anderson and the rest of the super models.

Football is something tangible that the average person can identify with whereas with politics they cant, it gives them something to be passionite about and aspire to and the national team are seen as representitives of the people of the nation and international tournaments are the way people judge each others teams against each other.

Benjie it almost seems as if you are hating football just to be different from the majority.

Vandalism is vandalism no matter what scale its on so therefore clownstopper is no different from the rioters who overturned or set fire to cars and anyone who says there is a difference other then in scale is a hypocrite.

there is more I would like to say but Ive already got a warning from Nid about trolling.

jernau
18-06-04, 05:52
Cantona and Anderson are both people I'd put on a list of people I'd never want to meet, let alone eat dinner with. I somehow suspect the poll was less than un-biased though.

As for "representatives of the people" - don't make me laugh. Our most famous player doesn't even play for an English side any more and would make a pretty poor representative for even the worst chav-scum.

Gotterdammerung
18-06-04, 06:36
This thread (as later evidenced) was opened for dubious reasons at best and seems it was just to foster the idea of being contrary just for it's own sake. It has no purpose anymore.

Closed