PDA

View Full Version : ..:: Monk Dex ::..

enigma_b17
17-06-04, 22:11
Just started a new monk, and its impossible to cap dex without either cstin for days on end or doing other some repeitive task that takes forever. Just wanna try and nudge kk into givin monks some way to cap dex fasster

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 22:12
Just started a new monk, and its impossible to cap dex without either cstin for days on end or doing other some repeitive task that takes forever. Just wanna try and nudge kk into givin monks some way to cap dex fasster

Err... Riiight...
How about that you starting using a gun if you want to get dex up.
Or just do the cst/ress .. Maybe a drone?
This is the stuff we spies do
And you can hardly imagine how fun it is to try to get PSI up...

SirRah
17-06-04, 22:15
Psi 20 = 48k XP

Dex 35 = 256k XP

so now tell me which is harder to cap?

Phlith
17-06-04, 22:16
Slade the difference in level 20, spies psi cap, and level 35, monks dex cap is roughly 210,000 xp, now you honestly think its mandatory that a PSI MONK uses a GUN or a DRONE to cap dex instead of a team or something of that nature is beyond me.

hivemind
17-06-04, 22:25
I tried melee on my APU, and HOLY SHIT it works. Who'd have thought... :rolleyes:

Between Melee Eye 1, Strength Booster 1, Melee Experiencememory 1, MOVEON, X-Strong, Berzerk 1, and an arm bone, you can get enough melee to swing a TL17 Rusty Double Edge Sword pretty well. Even better if you got a PPU friend (which I don't) to Melee 3 and Spy 3 you.

I started this last night. My APU has gained 6 STR and 4 DEX since then. Zone until your rank drops then equip the sword and go whack launchers.

Use the game mechanics. Stop whining for a free lunch.

amfest
17-06-04, 22:58
Yup melee was a good way to level monk dex in starter mc5. The sad fact about having to level like that though is no matter what you'll need to lom in the end.

Personally I think everyone should recieve some stat points for all stats when teaming with an opposite of their class in some way. BUT it should be pathetic compared to something like a PE. It would still take you a long time . to level that way but even if it was only a few points .. it'd be better than nothing. lol.

ino
17-06-04, 23:13
I dont think that any class should have to do wierd stuff to get some dumb 4'th lvl skill up. Pe's lvl their psi by teaming with ppl so should spy's and tanks, and so should monks with dex. It doesnt have to be super quick but alot better than doing missions or dumb cst that wont lead to anything else than capping dex.

And spys are supposed to pick up pistols/rifles/drones thats kind of their thing, sure tradeskillers need to pick up p-c but the little amount of weaplore they need to lvl is minimum anyway so that statement was pretty damn dumb. You could have something to argue about if spies had to pick up Heavy combat to lvl str but now they dont have to, and they have 15 lvls less to get bored over than monks have in their last skill.

extract
18-06-04, 00:07
if monks get team dex XP spies particularly droners should gain con and str XP from teams......

you think you got it bad on dex for monks? ur cap at 210k

spies con and str at 454k EACH

a droner elects to have a friend shoot him over and over for con and construct for the STR XP...or they can start as pistol/rifle and then LOM

monks have to do the same....so what is the problem here?????????

or maybe youre mad you made a monk the same day they nerfed the rhino exploit?

either way its not impossible to lvl dex if anything on monks I want the INT xp gain made better before dex

Sorin
18-06-04, 01:15
WTF is KK's problem with monks and DEX? Repairing is crap, recycle is crap, poking got nerfed......wtf? Are monks not supposed to level DEX? Because it doesn't level on it's own or in teams. I think monk DEX should level like PE PSI. I think that would be okay. At least.

hivemind
18-06-04, 01:57
I started to use Melee on my APU last night. I started with a TL17 Sword and moved today to knuckles.

Today, I'm capped STR and 23 DEX. I started at 10 STR and 13 DEX.

I fail to see the problem.

Seems to me what we've got here is a bunch of people who want their free lunch. I fail to see the problem with leveling DEX the way you're supposed to level any other skill: by doing things that use that skill.

Less whining. More punching.

Eledhbrant
18-06-04, 02:29
I started to use Melee on my APU last night. I started with a TL17 Sword and moved today to knuckles.

Today, I'm capped STR and 23 DEX. I started at 10 STR and 13 DEX.

I fail to see the problem.

Seems to me what we've got here is a bunch of people who want their free lunch. I fail to see the problem with leveling DEX the way you're supposed to level any other skill: by doing things that use that skill.

Less whining. More punching.

A PE doesnt level psi by healing himself (at least nothing noticable, he gets it in teams, tanks should get psi in teams, as should spies, and monks should level dex in teams IMO)

Birkoff
18-06-04, 03:09
Err... Riiight...
How about that you starting using a gun if you want to get dex up.
Or just do the cst/ress .. Maybe a drone?
This is the stuff we spies do
And you can hardly imagine how fun it is to try to get PSI up...

Thsi makes no sence ... a spy doesn't have to put points from a skill ni on impossible to cap in normal methods to cap another ni on impossible skill to cap jsut to lom it all when the 2nd is capped.

A spy doesd liek 3 epics and is capped psi. Then hunts to cap the rest...

what did you mean?

tomparadox
18-06-04, 03:15
im not sure if this works or if its been mentioned, i dident read *all* of the posts because im somewhat short on time... im about to see how fast resycle will cap dex, then you can make PSI bosters and lvl dex, but i dont think it will cap dex that fast unless you spend a ton of money makeing weapon parts...

hivemind
18-06-04, 03:22
A PE doesnt level psi by healing himself (at least nothing noticable, he gets it in teams, tanks should get psi in teams, as should spies, and monks should level dex in teams IMO)
PEs level differently from other classes, that's why they're so fast to cap.

Tanks have to do missions for Psi. Spies have to do missions for Psi. Monks have to do missions for Dex.

Maybe KK should lower the monk Dex cap to 20. Nothing to whine about then.

jernau
18-06-04, 03:34
Option 2 and any similar XP gain based on the others in your team would open up a huge can of exploits so "NO" to that.

I didn't see a problem with the MOVEON method - it was dull but anyone could do it if they wanted to take the time so it was fair IMO. I voted to re-allow that.

/edit @ Hivemind - PEs cap fast mostly because skill-gaps are exponential so having no skill-cap over 80 means MUCH less XP to gain in total.

Dirus
18-06-04, 03:42
This post makes me wonder if anyone realises that, along with the reduction to the XP gain for repair due to the Rhino Exploit. That all tradeskill XP was reduced. That includes poking. And once the exploit is fixed, the XP gain should go back up, wether its to the pre-exploit levels or not, I can't say. It does not however effect just one class, and as far as I know was never done to hinder one particlar class either.

jernau
18-06-04, 03:48
This post makes me wonder if anyone realises that, along with the reduction to the XP gain for repair due to the Rhino Exploit. That all tradeskill XP was reduced. That includes poking. And once the exploit is fixed, the XP gain should go back up, wether its to the pre-exploit levels or not, I can't say. It does not however effect just one class, and as far as I know was never done to hinder one particlar class either.
I did wonder that when I originally read the Announcement but it wasn't 100% clear what was done.

I think a lot of people don't check that forum very often though.

Candaman
18-06-04, 04:47

but lupus the reason people found out about the vehicle repair exploit was because kk nerfed the xp from poking a moveon this happened before they nerfed the repair xp

tomparadox
18-06-04, 04:50
yea, people are still trying the exploit lol...

Biznatchy
18-06-04, 06:59
Im against forced teaming but voted for team exp to go to dex.

I would really like to see a system that monks could gain exp in dex for all the things they get exp in psi and int for. I dont think that char should be required to do mindless time sinks to level a stat on thier char.

Biznatchy
18-06-04, 07:02

If you didnt have a assbackwards system that gives a monk 35 dex levels and now way to level it they wouldnt be looking for such exploit.

Dont bandaid the symptom fix the goddam problem.

Bl@zed
18-06-04, 08:36
i say make a monks dex lvl gradually like a tanks int...then it will be perfect. ;)

Original monk
18-06-04, 09:42
i say make a monks dex lvl gradually like a tanks int...then it will be perfect. ;)

ok after about 2 year for the first time i lommed implantskill to 2 monks i still needed to cap dex on, i dislike these methods but i dislike having 14 dex and going at the speed of a snail also ... it was like having to choose between ebola or the plague :/

so it was poking altough i hate to lom away from int :/ its not that int levels fast on a monk :/

i start poking my epicchips and ffcourse i noticed that the poking off epicchips been nerfed to hell and back ... after 2 years wow, thats like every monk running around with capped dex due to poking except me ffcourse :/

so i lommed all the impskill away

o.O , hold a second: anouncement: due to this and that: Rollback bla bla bla etc etc ..

ok, so i lommed AGAIN impskill away on the 2 monks

now the next episode: what they suggest here ? constructing: tried that and its slow like hell + its again lomming INT away wich i allready lost a few levels ... + they nerfed all tradeskills due to some retards exploiting everything that moves again, typical stupid lamers fucking it up for everyone :mad:

ok: so i hear sumthing about drugging, str-imps, external mellee3 boost, lomming some str to mellee ... and use a tl 17 sword

next step will be lomming again, this time strenght wich isnt that bad luckely

but still its again hitting those stupid loms for the 30th time yust to cap 1 stupid stat...

by the time i CAP dex on my 2 monks i can COMPLETELY, FULLY CAP about 800 PE's

not being able to cap dex on monks should be considerd a bug wich need a fix, it shouldnt be considerd normal that you have to lom 20 times to other skills to gain 1 inferior skill :/

n3m
18-06-04, 09:47
Just started a new monk,Hmm was that you? :eek:

enigma_b17
18-06-04, 14:03
lol n3m, it was?