PDA

View Full Version : Melee combat Private Eye

TheonlyoneIknow
17-06-04, 15:50
I'm about to start one of these and was wondering if any of those out there already doing this had any tips for a player new to PE's?

Skill setups, armour, weps to use - any info on how to get the best out of this much maligned class would be greatly appreciated.

I don't really want to be taking drugs just to use a weapon, but if it has to be that way, please tell me different.

Thanks in advance - TooIk

MkVenner
17-06-04, 15:52
hehe, ok dpends on how many drugs you want to take? and if you are City Admin...lemme know these and i can help you out alot.

my setup is PPR, Marine, Zerk 3, Moneon, Str booster 3, Melee eye 3, FH1 (2 if u can get), all gamma implants cept BQ Arms (chest if u want some End), Titan, Inq 4 all over. I drug Beast and one of the Psi drugs (cant remeber which) for BR3, and i think i get enough Int to uase a Medium Fire belt (if not deflector). I take enough MC to cap dam on a Tai Chi sword, spec to cap For/Prc and rest in Transport, Int is 95 hack rest in Psi Use, Dex is 130 Agility rest can go where you want...

i go for 450 HP base, and i spec 70 Athletics.

MC PEs are VERY flexible, all your Int and Dex are up to you where to go, and if you want to you can have a little HC

oh yeah you can swap the PPR for a Zerk 2 and not have to drug for a tai Chi, i liek the extra resists tho

PS reason i asked if your CA coz using NCPD PA is a good idea, specially when people think your a tank until you Damage Boost em lol

TheonlyoneIknow
17-06-04, 16:15
Thx MkVenner. I have the following imps off an old MC tank I once had:

PPR
MC eye 3
Zerk 3
BQ arm
Moveon

So I got most of the important imps already, nice.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, as I know nothing about "cap" requirements for this, or any other class except spy. How would I know when I have capped FOR/PIR?

Clan has several Titan so that's cool too. I just need to start and level his ass then :)

Thx again MkVenner - TooIk

PS Oh! and btw, no, I'm CM :(

MkVenner
17-06-04, 16:21
the NCPD PA set up is just an alternative. Best way to know if youve capped your Force of Piercing resists is to play around on the skill manager so tha there capped, when you numbers in game match your one on the skill manager get some one to shoot you with a FOR/PRC only weapon 3 times and take an average, then up your resist a bit, see if the damage goes down, if it does keep adding points till you get it as low as possible, if you go over just lom the excess off.

and i dont know where you can get the old skillmanager, the new one is not for distribution for a few reasons, the old one is around some where...

Candaman
17-06-04, 16:22
thats only one setup. I've had melee pe's for ever on about 3 servers u can go for the xstrong / beast drugging and use a Paw of Tiger with PPR MOVEON ZERK3 MARINE or u can drop the PPR and put in a zerk2 and use the same drugs and get more dmg from the Energy Soulblade

MkVenner
17-06-04, 16:24
yeah like i said Melee PEs are pretty much the most flexible class i can think of, i know some that drone

Jest
17-06-04, 16:26
Melee PEs are pretty cool but be prepared to be taking at least 1 or perhaps 2 drugs. If you are playing a non drug melee PE and wish to use him in PvP then you better rethink the decision. :p

MkVenner
17-06-04, 16:33
the only way you can PvP with no drugs is if you go for a Face scratcher and a PPU lol

winnoc
17-06-04, 16:40
Pffff, i got me a melee spy :-p

STR 62, around 150 MC using laserblade II.

Haven't pvped him yet. I guess he'll just be a lethal stealth assassin. (or i hope so)

TheonlyoneIknow
17-06-04, 16:51
Thanks guys. I have something to work on now. Looks like drugs are the only option, as PvP is what this guy is to be all about.

Here to defend the MB - TooIk