PDA

View Full Version : err drone bugs

slaughteruall
16-06-04, 23:56
Fix the fucking drone launch issue's already. It's fucking annoying tryin gto lvl a droner when you cant launch one. I've relogged about 8 times and i still cant launch one.

Slaughter

Maloch Octavia
17-06-04, 00:02
Best way I've found around this, is to remove the Drone from the slot, drop it to the ground, pick it up, replace it in a different slot, and away we go.

If it's any consolation, with all these bugs, I still managed to kill eight people at CRP today, with most of them being Black Dragon.

:D

plague
17-06-04, 00:09
Best way I've found around this, is to remove the Drone from the slot, drop it to the ground, pick it up, replace it in a different slot, and away we go.

If it's any consolation, with all these bugs, I still managed to kill eight people at CRP today, with most of them being Black Dragon.

good job here is cookie for evry bd u killed :D

lol me hides his bd pe lol

but on topic, omg i hate launch bugg soo enoying happens all the time too, died quite a few times cuz of it....ffs fix it already

Maloch Octavia
17-06-04, 00:10
*Munches*

That was my retribution with regards to a previous lengthy post a while back about Allied Vs Allied. I got my revenge damn them.

Seriously though, the Droner bugs are many and profound, although if you can cope with them, we rain death with mighty thingy.. Rawrgh.

StryfeX
17-06-04, 01:01
Fix the fucking drone launch issue's already. It's fucking annoying tryin gto lvl a droner when you cant launch one. I've relogged about 8 times and i still cant launch one.

SlaughterFunnily enough, I haven't gotten hit with that one on my droner yet, who is about base dex 60.

Here's some more that need to be fixed while you're at it.

Ping-pong effect when you get hit by almost anything.
Not having vertical controls other than "look down, back up".
Massive screen fuzz from getting hit by anything. 60% reduction my foot.
Massive hitboxes. I don't like attempting to fly through a hole my drone *should* fit in but can't due to the massive hitboxes of drones. What needs to happen is that the *AIMBOXES* should increase in size and the hitboxes should decrease in size.
Instant loss of height when you go over water.
Bad problems with grates and trees and getting stuck in both and having to abort the drone.
Lag issues regarding drone health and ammo. Sometimes you don't see your drone taking any damage, yet all of a sudden it just goes *poof*.
Chatting while droning *STILL* moves the drone around even if you have the movement in RPOS setting turned off.
These are the ones that I can think of right now. Please fix them before BDoY so you don't leave a really bad taste in a newbies mouth when he says "Oh, cool! Drones!" and then tries them, hates them, and says "To hell with this, the game is too buggy."

--Stryfe

Clownst0pper
17-06-04, 01:29
I argued with thantos for months over something as simple as the drone flash and the correct models for mosquito and raptor, thankfully he changed the mosquito and raptor models just for me.

The drone flash reduction isnt working proporly

slaughteruall
17-06-04, 03:16

Cool thanks will have to give that a shot. Yeah i'm 84 base dex and int. I've gotten that damn bug so many times it pisses me off. Today was the worst i've ever seen it.

Slaughter

Redburn
17-06-04, 03:29
Was out droning with my droner alt. today and the only bug I've seen is the 3rd person view switch that happens every so often. As for the damage flash you get when the drone is hit, it seems ok now....depends on the force of the hit as to the amount of flash (light flash when hit by spiderbots and the little stuff, heavy flash when hit by WB's decayed horror and brutes)

eric-the-ded
17-06-04, 13:07
i just came back to nc after about a year away. i decided to make a droner again.
i've already ran into some of the same old bugs. 3rd person switch. launches that never happen. after a few seconds the drone appears and falls to the floor.
the noob sewer ate one of my drones too. it fell through the floor and into the water where it went poof.
the third person thing i can almost live with as long as i can just alt+e back to normal, but the false launches and wacky collision detection make me crazy(er).

formori
17-06-04, 13:20
zoning help for this bug

but i agree, give me up and down controlls, thats all i ask for is up and down controlls, oh and the ability to turn the hud off in drone mode (so i can amke my movies dammit :D)

everything else i can live with, ping pong is a sign im going too fast for the turn, and the hit boxes are annoying but liveable

but

GIVE US UP AND DOWN CONTROLS PLEASE, MAKE THEM JUMP AND CROUCH

StryfeX
17-06-04, 17:59
I don't mind doing the bounce on turns, in fact that's rather helpful. What I hate is that I'll be going along, misjudge the hieght that I need, hit an edge, and bounce back like 20 feet even if I was only going at 25% speed. *That* is what annoys the hell out of me. Well, that and being bounced by things that shouldn't bounce you, like Grave snake spit. :mad:

--Stryfe

safetycopy
20-06-04, 21:01
Urgh.... This is my favourite :

1) Kill a mob with your drone
2) Drop your drone, so you can run to the defeated mob and loot it

Then, one of two things happens:

a) You zone before you get to the mob, because drones seem to be able to cross zone boundaries, therefore losing your loot (which is especially painful if you used 3 or 4 drones or something)

b) You zone before you get to your drone to retrieve it, because, again, drones can cross zone boundaries.

Fix this and I can live with all the other bugs...

DonnyJepp
20-06-04, 21:54
I get the "can't launch" as well as the "launched but not really" bugs. Both of them can usually be corrected by twiddling around with your quickbelt, pulling items out and back in, that kind of thing. The "launched but not really" seems to correct itself when you launch another drone, or wait, or relog, the drone will drop at your feet after a couple minutes.

I also get the "Can't launch and sounds like a machine gun" bug where everytime you hit launch it just rapidly repeats the annoying launch sound as long as you hold down the mouse button.

Zaq
21-06-04, 13:34
Yeah made my first droner yesterday and encountered the launch bug within about 5 minutes :wtf:

sir retail
21-06-04, 13:40

go maloch go maloch go maloch..

nice job..
i cant w8 till my droner is rdy..for the real work.

mishkin
21-06-04, 13:41
Drones are the source of all evil... Theyre buggy if you fight with them and theyre buggy if you fight against them.

Fighting a drone:

The drone is nowhere near where it looks to be, because it only moves very fast from point to point every 20 seconds on the screen of the observer.

You can hardly hit it with ranged weapons, because you cannot see it, or it's not where it looks like it is. If you can see it then you can't hold your target still long enough for the reticle to close, and you die.

Fighting with a drone:

Drone doesn't launch, and the only ways to fix this is to accomplish some weird rituals which involve constant relogging, throwing your drones on the ground for anyone to take or simply dying and gring.

You get SL hits when droning, even with your LE in. The worst things about these is that they happen randomly, and cannot be controlled.

The flashes that hit you when your drone gets hit, and the fact that you get SI when your drone dies.

As such, I think drones should be removed from the game, but that's just my humble opinion :D