PDA

View Full Version : FFS! I will keep moaning.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 19:59
I wont stop fucking moaning about this, until it is addressed.

APU's/Ravagers/Rifles/Sniper Rifles, ALL can pop a drone, in 3-4 hits. As for APU's ive never seen anything so fucking embarrasing or annoying.

You claim to have reduced the flash when a drone is hit by 60%, then why is it still the same as its always been hit?

A holy lightning hits my drone once, I cannot see anything for 2 seconds, by that time my drone has been hit again, and again, until its destroyed, its even more of a joke if theres 2 APU's there.

People moan about drones being hard to hit, its the stupidest thing ive EVER heard.

KK - Fix the drone flash reduction, as it is still impossible to be a practicle droner, against any class other than a Pistol PE.

darknessfairy
16-06-04, 20:02
I don't play a droner, but i understand where you are comin from, for me if i had that then it would really piss me off.

Hopefully with all this new representative thingy, you can talk to him and *maybe* we might be able to get some communication through to the devs...

Please note: I did say MAYBE

tomparadox
16-06-04, 20:06

APU's/Ravagers/Rifles/Sniper Rifles, ALL can pop a drone, in 3-4 hits. As for APU's ive never seen anything so fucking embarrasing or annoying.

You claim to have reduced the flash when a drone is hit by 60%, then why is it still the same as its always been hit?

A holy lightning hits my drone once, I cannot see anything for 2 seconds, by that time my drone has been hit again, and again, until its destroyed, its even more of a joke if theres 2 APU's there.

People moan about drones being hard to hit, its the stupidest thing ive EVER heard.

KK - Fix the drone flash reduction, as it is still impossible to be a practicle droner, against any class other than a Pistol PE.
i agree, i hate droneing because of that damn flash thing that happens when you get hit, its so stupid...

5 star

bounty
I don't question your skill, but i see droners take down 3 and 4 apus at a time sometimes, and these are NOT bad players either. Bruce on pluto for example is a droner who i've seen take down many apus at a time without losing his drone.

Mr_Snow
I really dont see why there is a droner flash, it just fucks up droners and makes pvping them impossible.

There isnt much you can do about the easiness or hardness of hitting a drone which really depends on your view point.

slaughteruall
16-06-04, 20:07

Maybe they were a little off with the decimal like with the strange books. Instead of 60% it turned out to be 6%.

Slaughter

tomparadox
I don't question your skill, but i see droners take down 3 and 4 apus at a time sometimes, and these are NOT bad players either. Bruce on pluto for example is a droner who i've seen take down many apus at a time without losing his drone.
he got lucky( the droner) eather that or hes found a way to delet the drone flash...

-=BlackBeard=-
yeah drones dont need to be more powerfull they are goood how they r

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 20:09
I never stated droners werent potent in there ability to kill apu's

I have yet to encounter a single apu on saturn, who cannot kill my drone in seconds due to the first hit fucking my sight up so bably I might as well launch a new drone.

It is even worse when a PPU is around.

Just make it so the flash is instant, not prolonged the more your drone is hit.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 20:10
yeah drones dont need to be more powerfull they are goood how they r

So if everytime your spy was hit, say by a single bullet from a liberator, your screen went black for 2 seconds, and during that 2 seconds, if your hit again, it continues to stay black, for 4 seconds, and it continues until your dead.

Would you enjoy that?

Gohei
16-06-04, 20:10
And how fast can a APU be dropped by the raptor, honestly ?
Drones aren't weak at all, i'd say it takes about a litlle more then a CS clip to finish a drone off. You ever tried aiming a drone that actually keeps distance to the targets ? It's not easy. It's not the end of the world if it does get blown up anyway, as any droner can keep a lot of them in the inventory.

Archeus
16-06-04, 20:11
I don't question your skill, but i see droners take down 3 and 4 apus at a time sometimes,

I watched my brother play droner almost capped with MC5 chip. He could drop people with ease all the other side of the zone. However if an APU saw the drone it was dead almost instantly.

While I haven't droned, his only counter for this was to bring the drone in from orbit to attack and to do 'rabbit run' when hit and he didn't know where. Basically ran randomly until the haze disappeared because as the drone kept moving it was harder to target.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 20:13
And how fast can a APU be dropped by the raptor, honestly ?
Drones aren't weak at all, i'd say it takes about a litlle more then a CS clip to finish a drone off. You ever tried aiming a drone that actually keeps distance to the targets ? It's not easy. It's not the end of the world if it does get blown up anyway, as any droner can keep a lot of them in the inventory.

An APU who isnt buffed will die in 4 hits, Like a raptor dies in 4 hits from a holy lightning.

The only difference is a huge one. When I hit the APU, he has the ability to see, I - Do not.

The moment an APU hits my drone, as I continue to say, My screen goes BLANK, I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING - are you all paying attention?

Thats 2 seconds of nothing, and 99% of APU's will hit my drone again, and again as I crash into things trying to backup and heal.

It doesnt matter if it gets blown up? Apart from the fact youve never obviously researched a tl 120 item, and several of them, and then constructed several tl 120 items.

Constructing 5 alone takes about an hour just finding the tradeskillers and then the parts.

With the ammount that gets destroyed in OP fight, it would take me days to get them all back

-=BlackBeard=-
16-06-04, 20:14
clown i see ure point i thought u meant they need more power :D

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 20:15
clown i see ure point i thought u meant they need more power :D

Id be calling for a nerf myself :rolleyes:

Archeus
16-06-04, 20:17
The only difference is a huge one. When I hit the APU, he has the ability to see, I - Do not.

No the difference is. The APU dies and has to GR out. Your drone dies and you launch another one.

APU's cannot always see where the drone is attacking from. It is one of the major advanages of drones.

Gohei
16-06-04, 20:21
Yep i have a droner myself, and i do the ressing myself, and logging a friends CST to build, tyvm. I know what a pain it is to get them done.

But, i would rather have a flash and get my drone killed, then NOT having flash and dropping dead whenever my drone dies. We droners can't have it all.
Thats how i see it.

And imo, the flash and blowing up a drone is a small price
to pay for having your meatsack miles away from the fight.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 20:21
No the difference is. The APU dies and has to GR out. Your drone dies and you launch another one.

APU's cannot always see where the drone is attacking from. It is one of the major advanages of drones.

The main reason why most people cant see where drones are comming from is because they have sky off, and fogging on, or both or either.

It makes it very difficult to, yes.

"if" thats "if" i do manage to avoid being hit once, then yes, an unbuffed APU will die, of course, "if" im hit once, I will more than likely loose my drone, and then have to travel back there, by which time the APU will have legged it or have been fully buffed and healed.

If the flash was correctly reduced by 60% like KK claim, I wouldnt be discussing this.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 20:23
Yep i have a droner myself, and i do the ressing myself, and logging a friends CST to build, tyvm. I know what a pain it is to get them done.

But, i would rather have a flash and get my drone killed, then NOT having flash and dropping dead whenever my drone dies. We droners can't have it all.
Thats how i see it.

And imo, the flash and blowing up a drone is a small price
to pay for having your meatsack miles away from the fight.

I dont want the flash removing, I want it to be instant.

*Your drone is hit, the flash comes up, and goes again, if your being hit by a chain weapon like a liberator, the flash comes up and goes per bullet- a holy lightning would be a flash, clear, until he hits again.

Im saying drones can never be as usefull or as practicle as they could be as long as the flash remains as strong as it is, why should my vision be completely obscured when im not being hit, and when I was hit, it was 4 seconds ago?

Maloch Octavia
16-06-04, 21:02
Well, as a hardened Drone PvP'er on Saturn, I've worked out several conclusions:

One: If I'm taking on anything more than one person at a time, I'm going to lose, simply because of Flash

Two: If I'm taking on one person, on his own, whom has no backup, I'm going to pwn, for want of a word, his ass. You need to keep circling, keep moving, and keep bouncing off of things, and stay in the open, or even better, do it at night.

Three: If a PPU shows up, I'm going to leave, and not waste my time. I'll either drop my Drone, or take the enemy on a merry goose chase as I lead them the wrong way with it.

Four: Catch them by surprise, and with the right Drone, and you'll have either:

A: Dropped them before they realise what's happening
B: Caused so much damage by the time they realise what's happening, that they'll not even attempt to attack the Drone, and will just start running in circles.

Five: Only long attack range Drones are any use for PvP, such as the Pb's and Gal-3000, I ignore anything else, as they can either be outrun, or the range doesn't give me enough escape room for my Drone

Six: They always, always, always chase the Drone if they think they're winning, so if they get a few shots at you, you turn, fly away, do a 180 degree, start flying straight towards them, shooting, fly past, spin, repeat, and by now, they are miles away from either the:

A: Zone line they were humping
B: The indoors area they were hiding in
C: Any other obstructions for the Drone to get stuck in

Seven: Always attack from height, which is easier said than done with the shitty altitude controls.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 21:10
Well, as a hardened Drone PvP'er on Saturn, I've worked out several conclusions:

One: If I'm taking on anything more than one person at a time, I'm going to lose, simply because of Flash

Two: If I'm taking on one person, on his own, whom has no backup, I'm going to pwn, for want of a word, his ass. You need to keep circling, keep moving, and keep bouncing off of things, and stay in the open, or even better, do it at night.

Three: If a PPU shows up, I'm going to leave, and not waste my time. I'll either drop my Drone, or take the enemy on a merry goose chase as I lead them the wrong way with it.

Four: Catch them by surprise, and with the right Drone, and you'll have either:

A: Dropped them before they realise what's happening
B: Caused so much damage by the time they realise what's happening, that they'll not even attempt to attack the Drone, and will just start running in circles.

Five: Only long attack range Drones are any use for PvP, such as the Pb's and Gal-3000, I ignore anything else, as they can either be outrun, or the range doesn't give me enough escape room for my Drone

Six: They always, always, always chase the Drone if they think they're winning, so if they get a few shots at you, you turn, fly away, do a 180 degree, start flying straight towards them, shooting, fly past, spin, repeat, and by now, they are miles away from either the:

A: Zone line they were humping
B: The indoors area they were hiding in
C: Any other obstructions for the Drone to get stuck in

Seven: Always attack from height, which is easier said than done with the shitty altitude controls.

Valuable points, but it always comes down the flash as youve mentioned, the rest is childs play.

It just needs a slight tweak, thats all! :angel:

Biznatchy
16-06-04, 21:17

and if the apu gits the slightest idea of where the meatstack is hidden "game over".

But the idea the apu can easy counter the drone and wack the droner before he can stealth after droping drone makes the apu the ultimate anti droner.

Archeus
16-06-04, 21:40
and if the apu gits the slightest idea of where the meatstack is hidden "game over".

If anyone finds the droner then the droner is dead.

If your drone is near your meatsack when it is getting attacked you should already start stealthing/running.

Clownst0pper
17-06-04, 00:53
If anyone finds the droner then the droner is dead.

If your drone is near your meatsack when it is getting attacked you should already start stealthing/running.

More than true, it still doesnt change the fact that the flash causes so much hassle your gaurenteed impairment, so you cant actually stealth away when it pops :rolleyes:

Maloch Octavia
17-06-04, 00:56
You need to take your time.

I was out killing tonight, and I found the best hiding spot evaaaahhh for my Meatsack, it took me dozens of attempts to get to it, but I got there, and with half the BD faction trying to find me, it took another Drone to hunt me down with his Raptor.

:)

Anyone that uses their Drone near their meatsack, deserves to die.

Scikar
17-06-04, 01:06
It would help if the flash was proportional to the amount of damage taken. It's not helped by the drone version of yo-yo health - since the client assumes all shots in a burst hit, if someone fires constantly at your drone with a Lib even with an almost fully open reticle, you'll get the flash.

Clownst0pper
17-06-04, 01:09
It would help if the flash was proportional to the amount of damage taken. It's not helped by the drone version of yo-yo health - since the client assumes all shots in a burst hit, if someone fires constantly at your drone with a Lib even with an almost fully open reticle, you'll get the flash.

That is completely the problem, and it needs addressing asap, im glad you explained what I felt better than I could!

Biznatchy
17-06-04, 05:20
It would help if the flash was proportional to the amount of damage taken.

Im thinking this is part of the problem with the fantom 60% reduction. They have a setpoint on the amount of damage that triggers the flash and how much flash is produced. I have seen things like spiders or small 4/4 scrops hit my drone and i get this faint flash for less then a second. So I think they upped the setpoint of what causes flash in reference to mob damage and not pvp damage. When an apu/of any player or high level of mob hit the drone its so far over the setpoint that the full flash effect is triggered. They need to scale the effect so that a full HL hit only causes a small effect but if you get hit with one HL a fire apoc and a cs hit all about the same time then that should cause the full effect.

Clownst0pper
17-06-04, 12:16
Im thinking this is part of the problem with the fantom 60% reduction. They have a setpoint on the amount of damage that triggers the flash and how much flash is produced. I have seen things like spiders or small 4/4 scrops hit my drone and i get this faint flash for less then a second. So I think they upped the setpoint of what causes flash in reference to mob damage and not pvp damage. When an apu/of any player or high level of mob hit the drone its so far over the setpoint that the full flash effect is triggered. They need to scale the effect so that a full HL hit only causes a small effect but if you get hit with one HL a fire apoc and a cs hit all about the same time then that should cause the full effect.

Ive found that also, it generally seems dependant on how low the damage output is from whoever is hitting you.

Until then, im stuck with this everytime anything remotely above a spider bot hits my drone.

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/523-shot0171.jpg

2 seconds......

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/523-shot0171.jpg

4 seconds......

MkVenner
17-06-04, 12:31
i made a nood droner on uranus a coupla weeks ago, getting hit by 3 aggies in the cellers was insane...it was just relentless...yesterday i hid up top in PP by all the pipes and stuff just annoying people with my 2nd level fusion drones and the flash i was getting from continous hits from a speedy was nasty, granted the drone blew up quick, but if it hadnt well...

formori
17-06-04, 12:45
one thing i have noticed is that you can keep firing through you have the flash, you have to be cleaver and keep your ret on the target. i my self am a droner and i have this problem.
drones are ment to be the sneaky flank attack whilst the tanks soak up the damage.

i agree that the flash is a bit excessive. i think it should go down with your skill. eg the higher rank you are the less flash youll get to the extent that capped droners will get about half a sec of flash any only on huge damage to the drone.

Tank!
17-06-04, 14:51
A good solution would be to create a reduction alogarithm consistent with the TL and quality of the drone itself. Say a crappy, low level drone is far more prone to blurry, bad screens than a higher quality, pvp quality drone that a high level drone would use.

Just a suggestion...

Drones own by the way, if you use a drone properly and get good at manuvering them they can easily mean victory against an enemy clan because they are hard as hell to shoot (even as an APU) when hiding out inside outpost buildings and using cover. Plus you can use as many as you want, or even sneak in the super powerful kamikazi drones to deal some wicked damage. Drones have gotten fairly large boosts since beta (I remember when they broke everytime you launched them and the famous warbot exploit also) so helping fix this problem should not be a big deal at all...

Why not contact the community rep about this issue to get it addressed properly?

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 17:47
I'm a droner.
And old droner.
In fact I've always been a droner,at times only at heart, but still, a droner.
Sure the flash is a real bitch. but how about this instead: Stop getting hit!!
Sitting hovering I don't know how high over TG or such just waiting.
With some skills one can get so high that people can't even see your PN..
Tried that?
I say the flash is good.
Since the drone is nifty fast and if you're smarter than.. "Uhh.. This gotta be like SW:G, I point once and click once then wait" you know how to get the fuck out of the way.
If you're far away from the [Insert Class Of Choice] they won't get an aim for a second slap on you for those 2 seconds.

ou7blaze
17-06-04, 18:04
I think flash should be removed ?

But drones are already easy to use as they are as long as u know where to hide ur body and where to fire and when to heal and the other usual crap.

I thought the rare drones were supposed to be able to fly REALLY HIGH?

Clownst0pper
17-06-04, 18:09
I'm a droner.
And old droner.
Tried that?
I say the flash is good.
Since the drone is nifty fast and if you're smarter than.. "Uhh.. This gotta be like SW:G, I point once and click once then wait" you know how to get the fuck out of the way.
If you're far away from the [Insert Class Of Choice] they won't get an aim for a second slap on you for those 2 seconds.

Im one of two droners on saturn who are OP war active, and have been playing for over 2 years, all these tips arent anything special, and I never just sit infront of an APU and take hits.

Stop getting hit? Thats like saying stop breathing.

Against an APU, its impossible, no matter the height, the delay on your drones movements makes it impossible to never be hit at least once, by that time uve crashed into something.

I want the flash to remain, I just want it to be 1second instant, like it should have been after the patch!!!

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 18:20
Im one of two droners on saturn who are OP war active, and have been playing for over 2 years, all these tips arent anything special, and I never just sit infront of an APU and take hits.

Stop getting hit? Thats like saying stop breathing.

Against an APU, its impossible, no matter the height, the delay on your drones movements makes it impossible to never be hit at least once, by that time uve crashed into something.

I want the flash to remain, I just want it to be 1second instant, like it should have been after the patch!!!

Dude I've been around for just as long and at most times been active in pvp (yes, even tho I'm a wannabe-carebear) and getting hit as a droner is just sad..
Why do you think a droner can't take so much dmg? Because it's so damn hard to hit.
In the skilled hands, the drone is, after experience, the worst enemy.
And don't even try to argue against that, because you're wrong.

EDIT: And no, you're hands are not skilled. That you have proven yourself.

ou7blaze
17-06-04, 20:12
Tbh threads like "my dick is larger than urs" end up in a flame war.

If you play on the same server go pvp each other and see who is the "skilled" one.

I'm happy to fight anyone on uranus 8)

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 21:27
Tbh threads like "my dick is larger than urs" end up in a flame war.

If you play on the same server go pvp each other and see who is the "skilled" one.

I'm happy to fight anyone on uranus 8)

If it wasn't for my server switch just about.. Today..
I'd do it. But for now I keep taunting people so they'll want to PvP later on :)

Biznatchy
17-06-04, 21:56
I'm a droner.
And old droner.
Tried that?
I say the flash is good.

Sure you can get up that high but you cant hit anyone up there. The range of the PN is not that good.

rob444
17-06-04, 22:00
Yeah the drone appears to be flying in a straight line so it isnt hard to hit if you can predict where its going, yeah I think drones need a little bit more resists against apus ;)

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 22:08
Sure you can get up that high but you cant hit anyone up there. The range of the PN is not that good.

Sure is good enough when thinking about the damn things size...

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 22:09
Yeah the drone appears to be flying in a straight line so it isnt hard to hit if you can predict where its going, yeah I think drones need a little bit more resists against apus ;)

And as soon as this little fly changes direction and you can hardly see it..
Tell me, where did it go?

Ormy
17-06-04, 23:05
KK have hated droners for as long as I can remember, I know, I was an almost-capped pure droner on pluto before I cancelled. What makes you think KK are suddenly going to make your life anything less than utterly frustrating and completely impossible now?

Spikadelia
17-06-04, 23:14
I love my capped Droner. But take her to OP fights HA!

Stuck on fences, blinded by every attack relentlessly. Then because of the altitude controls the drone falls out of the sky at runners feet.

Clownstopper you have made a fine point, please KK listen to this oft-repeated and legitimate criticism.

As for Callash... Booyah to your Droner PA too....... (throws rattle out of cage and sucks thumb)

O_o

rob444
17-06-04, 23:24
And as soon as this little fly changes direction and you can hardly see it..
Tell me, where did it go?

It went trough the wall.

Richard Slade
17-06-04, 23:27
It went trough the wall.

Well try to hit something on the other side of the wall...

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 00:55
Well try to hit something on the other side of the wall...

Slade your making out your a god amoungst droners, who has the ability to kill everyone you ever come across, and never loose a single drone.

All of which I find bollox, you havnt actually addressed the problem stated - that the flash is too great, and isnt dependant on damage.

Youve just gone off on one saying I, and everyone else should get some skills.

99% of this thread has agree'd and almost all fellow droners I know, except yourself.

The fact stands, no matter what your drone is hit with in PVP, a flash which continues for 2+ seconds, isnt a nice thing to have.

And as long as droners exist, because of this, they will never have widespread appeal, and especially at op wars.

When every 2 seconds ur drone is constantly being spammed by APU's/Ravagers

rob444
18-06-04, 02:05
I have been a droner twice, lommed it away because of the bugs. I really hated that the drones didnt launch sometimes etc., what a waste of time.

Twist3d
18-06-04, 02:32
I gotta agree with ya there m8 the flash is rediculos i just dont play my droner now cos its stupid fair enough there cheap and stuff but dam pointless in op wars when all u see is fuzz then your meatsack after its blew kinda makes em a little pointless reduce that dam flash and maybe more peeps will atempt this class otherwise there a rare breed and more than likely a pissed of breed to :mad:

Disturbed021
18-06-04, 02:41
Is the flash annoying, yes. Should it be reduced, not by much if at all.
My main is a droner and I have no problems fighting at OP wars, in PP or anywhere else.
APUs will generally run when hit by a Raptor. Why? Because Raptor vs APU = dead APU 90+% of the time. Its only fair that if they get a couple of hits in a row on the drone that you cant see.

Biznatchy
18-06-04, 03:39
Even with the horid flash I find my droner to be a mainstay of our op force now that the skeet drone kills healing. I find we drop ppu's pretty fast once I get on them. OP fighting with a droner is more about hitting the side away from the main force then going brute force middle. It more about understanding the droner is a support role in the whole op battle force. Not a main line fighter.

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 11:28
Even with the horid flash I find my droner to be a mainstay of our op force now that the skeet drone kills healing. I find we drop ppu's pretty fast once I get on them. OP fighting with a droner is more about hitting the side away from the main force then going brute force middle. It more about understanding the droner is a support role in the whole op battle force. Not a main line fighter.

Understandable, but as a lone fighter, as we have always been, its all about my meat sack, my drone, and the enemy, working along side others is an extreme rareity, and something which doesnt happen very often.

And a APU who is ppu buffed at an OP war, wont die to a raptor if he is getting healed :rolleyes:

formori
18-06-04, 16:04
ok to recap

1 reduce the flash time on drones, make it allot less for higher ranked players.
2. up and down controlls
3. Drone PA
4. slotted drones :D

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 16:24
ok to recap

1 reduce the flash time on drones, make it allot less for higher ranked players.
2. up and down controlls
3. Drone PA
4. slotted drones :D

I feel drones are fine without needing slots, or up and down controls, they just take practice and specialization to cap BP'd drones.

Removing the flash would just about round them off, albeit afew bugs

Disturbed021
18-06-04, 16:48
And a APU who is ppu buffed at an OP war, wont die to a raptor if he is getting healed :rolleyes:
:wtf: You think they should die?

Clownst0pper
18-06-04, 22:02
:wtf: You think they should die?

Of course not, But people have this idea that raptors can kill anyting and everything whether PPU buffed or not.

Im purely saying, if an APU is buffed, and being healed, ur gaurenteed to loose all your drones.

Disturbed021
18-06-04, 22:32
Of course not, But people have this idea that raptors can kill anyting and everything whether PPU buffed or not.

Im purely saying, if an APU is buffed, and being healed, ur gaurenteed to loose all your drones.
Well yeah if u leave the drone in range :p as soon as I see an APU get a PPU buff I take my drone elsewhere, theres no point.

Maloch Octavia
19-06-04, 00:31
Hmmmmm..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Debating.. Thinking.. Musing.. Should I?

I removed the image I had up, it's basically about ten people I killed in one 20 minute period at CRP, ranging from rank 60 APU's all the way down the scale.

-Edited-

That is proof of what a Droner is possible of. All of those kills were minutes apart from one another, within the space of 15-20 minutes.

I lost only four Drones in the process.

This does not mean I am a good Droner.

This does mean, that the Droner is a stupendously effective weapon.. LOOK at some of those Ranks!! The APU!!

It's all about finding the sneak and peek, then kill approach. Sneak up, take a peek at them, then find the approach and kill. They spin to look, you're moving too, they spin you've moved, can't see you, start moving up, they run, close in as you're firing, stop firing and tilt as you descend, hit level plain and straight on as you blast them in the ass.

It can be done, we can own everyone, we have and we will again. The Flash, after rethinking it, is fucking horrendous, honestly, and no, I don't care what anyone says, Drones are actually rather easy targets to a skilled player, because once they get that first hit, and the flash kicks in, and three more shots come in, and more flash, you can't see where you're going, navigating by memory and blind hope, they tend to hone in on you and keep you in their sights. A frantic right click for repair and just move in random patterns to try and escape the flash.

We are stupendously powerful, but we do suffer huge disadvantages (Number One: I can hardly ever get any loot from mobs I kill)

Trent
19-06-04, 01:47
Hmmmmm..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
It's all about finding the sneak and peek, then kill approach. Sneak up, take a peek at them, then find the approach and kill. They spin to look, you're moving too, they spin you've moved, can't see you, start moving up, they run, close in as you're firing, stop firing and tilt as you descend, hit level plain and straight on as you blast them in the ass.

It can be done, we can own everyone, we have and we will again. The Flash, after rethinking it, is fucking horrendous, honestly, and no, I don't care what anyone says, Drones are actually rather easy targets to a skilled player, because once they get that first hit, and the flash kicks in, and three more shots come in, and more flash, you can't see where you're going, navigating by memory and blind hope, they tend to hone in on you and keep you in their sights. A frantic right click for repair and just move in random patterns to try and escape the flash.

We are stupendously powerful, but we do suffer huge disadvantages (Number One: I can hardly ever get any loot from mobs I kill)

You are corrrect. Drones are not the type of weapon that should be used for direct combat. They are, for PvP, a bushwack weapon. Sneek up and blast the other guy and keep moving! I've developed the technique of taking a circular track around my target, constantly firing it. If your hit, keep firing and moving and never make your drone an easy target. If a PPU shows up - leave.

Drones can be particularly effective with WBs and spider bots, but its a bitch to get the chance to hack them.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 11:47
If a PPU shows up - leave.

Y should I have to?

Biznatchy
19-06-04, 16:33
Y should I have to?

This was in regard to if they have a ppu. That makes it a two on one battle. No single char in the game can beat anyone that has a ppu with them. That is one of the major drawbacks in the game as it has evolved. It shouldnt be different for droners. It sucks ass that i can be better skilled then both of them and still have almost zero chance of killing them due to one being a ppu.

2. up and down controlls
3. Drone PA
4. slotted drones

yes yes yes yes to all 4. I have 200+ wp and 180ish in rc and still dont cap the TL 120 drones, either up the cst caps or let us go for slots.

Idea maybe make the up down controls a mod. Put out a mod called elavation thrusters.

trigger hurt
19-06-04, 17:18
So if there is no flash/reduce flash, what is there to balance out drones?

Nothing.

You already have the ability to select a brand new weapon if your other one break, get's blown up or you chose to drop it. You have the convenience of hiding in some of the toughest spots to get to or find because you are one person in a huge zone. 1 person trying to find a droner is almost impossible unless the droner is stupid.

Not only these, but your drones are strong as it is and they have the uncanny ability to hit stealthed spies.

Leave the flash as it is.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 17:23
You already have the ability to select a brand new weapon if your other one break, get's blown up or you chose to drop it.

And a rifle spy doesnt? Or an APU doesnt have the ability to have more than one weapon

You have the convenience of hiding in some of the toughest spots to get to or find because you are one person in a huge zone.

Does the same not apply to a sniper rifle spy? and some zones are bigger than others, and less easy to hide in

1 person trying to find a droner is almost impossible unless the droner is stupid.

There are only certain mountains and cliffs you can go up, anyone who has played for a long time will know all the best droning hiding places, or just ask a friendly droner to fly round the zone, and find you in seconds.

Not only these, but your drones are strong as it is and they have the uncanny ability to hit stealthed spies.

Our drones damage is strong, our drones physically arent strong, 4 hits from a HL, and about the same from a ravager and we have to heal, which drains our ammo-

We hit spys as we click on the spy and we shoot, by that time the game registers weve fired at the target who is visible, but has now stealthed, due to the height of the drone or the distance away from the target, it still hits as the beam or bullets have to travel the distance, the game still locks onto the target as if there visible.

Leave it as it is so we will never be practicle just because your spiteful of some of our benefits? and ignorant enough of all our flaws?

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 17:26
So if there is no flash/reduce flash, what is there to balance out drones?

Nothing.

You already have the ability to select a brand new weapon if your other one break, get's blown up or you chose to drop it. You have the convenience of hiding in some of the toughest spots to get to or find because you are one person in a huge zone. 1 person trying to find a droner is almost impossible unless the droner is stupid.

+1 on that and the fact that it's all good.
(Hint: the best droners are on places you can't reach, or just stealthed while droning *cough cough*)

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 17:35
+1 on that and the fact that it's all good.
(Hint: the best droners are on places you can't reach, or just stealthed while droning *cough cough*)

please dont mention exploiting ;)

And richard, how can u possibly comment on the state of droning, seen as youve been away 6 months and have no idea what a raptor even is. :rolleyes:

Wheres abner when i need him!

$tormbringer
19-06-04, 17:36
This was in regard to if they have a ppu. That makes it a two on one battle. No single char in the game can beat anyone that has a ppu with them. That is one of the major drawbacks in the game as it has evolved. It shouldnt be different for droners. It sucks ass that i can be better skilled then both of them and still have almost zero chance of killing them due to one being a ppu.

Every Char can team in pvp with a ppu, except the droner.. would be fair if we get a real chance to kill ppl even with ppu on their ass.

Facts are:

60% of all drone launches fail. I have to relog again and again to fix it.
Drone lag hurts. I get it after every 6. or 7. drone I launch.
Drones die very, very fast to all range weapons like HL, Healing Light, Ravager. Thanks to drone lags even cursed souls, liberators and other close combat weapons can kill my flying TL 120 gun.. fair ?

Is it fair that no one gains less money/loot while hunting but the droner ? Is it fair, that we arent allowed to fight in pp? etc etc etc...

/a poor droner.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 17:47
please dont mention exploiting ;)

And richard, how can u possibly comment on the state of droning, seen as youve been away 6 months and have no idea what a raptor even is. :rolleyes:

Wheres abner when i need him!

So just for the fact that the amount of people droning have dropped and that I haven't gotten hold of a raptor myself I don't know anything?
The biggest issue here discussed at the moment is the flash,
and I'm damn aware of the flash so don't even try to come with that sad excuse for not being a good droner...

EDIT: Language cleaning.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:03
So just for the fact that the amount of people droning have dropped and that I haven't gotten hold of a raptor myself I don't know anything?
The biggest issue here discussed at the moment is the flash,
and I'm damn aware of the flash so don't even try to come with that sad excuse for not being a good droner...

EDIT: Language cleaning.

Then have u noticed that despite kk's claims at reducing the flash by 60%, they havnt? Have you tested it?

http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/523-shot0172.JPG

above is a picture taken from my raid on TG yesterday, I killed 6 people total, and one lowbie PPU - no one was being PPU'd when I killed them all.

The picture is of a ROG spy, WAYYYYYYYYYYYY below me, so much so you can only see his ROG flash, I was hitting him, and he was still hitting me, all the time I was reversing.

I lost the drone, due to the flash, the clear screen is a split second before my drone popped.

So dont tell me drones are hard to hit, and the flash doesnt cause any problems

Gohei
19-06-04, 18:12
Droners are a prized class, and theres allways been successfull, active PvP droners. Even before the new set of drones. And no one has ever complained about the damn flash. I've for one, has never been bothered with the flash, and i have a droner since beginning of retail.

If my drones get messed up during pvp combat, i cry for 4% SI of time, then launch a new one of them motherfuckers. My body is still intact, but when i fuck up my opponent he will have a lot more then 4% of SI.

@ Stormbringer- If you fail 60% of your drone launches, it might have something to do with you. Not droners in general. I'm not saying that i don't fail my drone launches and have to relog to get it, beacuse i do. But not a 60% ratio. Maybe 10-15%. But hey, the chance of my opponent crashing is jusst as big. Yes, drone lag hurts, lag hurts for every class, so thats not a drone only problem.

Theres my favourite statement, drones die very fast. HELLO ?! It's a small gadget hovering around in the sky with this tiny hitbox. What do you expect it to take more then 6 HL bursts ?

I <3 my droner, don't come whine on the forums untill it gets it's boost, get's all overpowered, the anti-drone posts starts popping up on the forums and WHAM! KK is on it with the sledgehammer approach.

Plz, for the love of cookies, leave us alone.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 18:12
That screen is so damn black that I'd upped my brightness if I were you ..
Second I wouldn't be on top of a spy at all, rather sitting in a window of that concrete slab that I actually see small parts of..

Gohei
19-06-04, 18:17
If that spy was mOmIn then it was me. Did you ever count how many burst i had to lay down on that drone ? I started shooting on it when it was 3 feet over the ground, and countinued untill it reached that altitude of the screen you took. You really think it was less then 5 burst ? I had to place at least 8 or 9 until it finally blew up. Thats a lot for something that deals that heavy amount of damage.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:19
That screen is so damn black that I'd upped my brightness if I were you ..
Second I wouldn't be on top of a spy at all, rather sitting in a window of that concrete slab that I actually see small parts of..

Its night time richard...its meant to be black...

and that "concrete slab" is the TG entrance, which, if you havnt been made aware, has 6 TG gaurds, whos homing fusion bullets can kill a drone in a single hit there that buggy, also, nr the rifle spy, is a PPU healing him, who you cannot see.

@ Gohei, if im the only one to moan about the drone flash, then why did KK attempt to reduce it, obviously they felt it was 2 much

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 18:19
If that spy was mOmIn then it was me. Did you ever count how many burst i had to lay down on that drone ? I started shooting on it when it was 3 feet over the ground, and countinued untill it reached that altitude of the screen you took. You really think it was less then 5 burst ? I had to place at least 8 or 9 until it finally blew up. Thats a lot for something that deals that heavy amount of damage.

LOL, starting at 3 feet isn't the brightest idea for a droner I'd say :p

@clown:
Just go on top of the damn valley edges and plant your drone there,
spy wouldn't hardly be able to hit,
or bump up into the tower by caves, also a good spot
OR sit on top of the TG entrance

Gohei
19-06-04, 18:21
Its night time richard...its meant to be black...

@ Gohei, if im the only one to moan about the drone flash, then why did KK attempt to reduce it, obviously they felt it was 2 much

Same reason melee got a boost. Jusst for the heck of it.

Gohei
19-06-04, 18:23
@clown:

Or do the "press esc" whenever you zone, and try ur luck. Might land on some hill thats impossible to reach.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:23
LOL, starting at 3 feet isn't the brightest idea for a droner I'd say :p

@clown:

All of which are places everyone knows and it still doesnt stop the flash problem

@ gohei, it is only the POB which needs a small tweak due to its Poison direct damage

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 18:30
All of which are places everyone knows and it still doesnt stop the flash problem

@ gohei, it is only the POB which needs a small tweak due to its Poison direct damage

Well they can know about it as much as they want, your drone won't get hit up there anyways.

L3m0n
19-06-04, 18:33
Yes the drone flash is a bit ott but tbh its a drone, its like when your chars get hit in the legs they slow down, kk have made it so that theres a flash i would rather that than it slowing down or something.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:34
Yes the drone flash is a bit ott but tbh its a drone, its like when your chars get hit in the legs they slow down, kk have made it so that theres a flash i would rather that than it slowing down or something.

Yup, me to, id just like it less.

If every time you character was hit, you couldnt see for 2 seconds, and then more if you keep getting hit by a chain gun such as a libby, ud want something done also :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 18:37
Yup, me to, id just like it less.

If every time you character was hit, you couldnt see for 2 seconds, and then more if you keep getting hit by a chain gun such as a libby, ud want something done also :rolleyes:

Well is it better to not be able to move away instead?
If so you're in the wrong prof...

And you still haven't explained to me what you, as the great droner you claim to be, are doing on top of a spy ?!

L3m0n
19-06-04, 18:38
True but at the end of the day its a drone, most are very cheap to make where as getitng pokes, repairing armor or trying to get a ppu to ress you is more of a bitch imo.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:41
Well is it better to not be able to move away instead?
If so you're in the wrong prof...

And you still haven't explained to me what you, as the great droner you claim to be, are doing on top of a spy ?!

During my raid, I killed 6 players as ive said, the spy there, I attacked, and he stealthed, The gaurds were shooting me from previously, so I was backing up, to go to my hiding spot, just on the cliff behind my drone. The spy unstealthed, and he started shooting me. simple as that really.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:42
True but at the end of the day its a drone, most are very cheap to make where as getitng pokes, repairing armor or trying to get a ppu to ress you is more of a bitch imo.

A raptor now needs part 6, 5, 3, 2.

Compared to its previous 4,2,1 or something close.

Yes there "quite" cheap, but they take FOREVER to do o_O

if the BP's worked how there supposed to, and when u copy the raptor BP, which is TL 30, it researched at tl 30 speed, it wouldnt be so bad. sadly it doesnt

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 18:46
During my raid, I killed 6 players as ive said, the spy there, I attacked, and he stealthed, The gaurds were shooting me from previously, so I was backing up, to go to my hiding spot, just on the cliff behind my drone. The spy unstealthed, and he started shooting me. simple as that really.

So you expect to take out more than 6 people with one drone?
Or how many it might have been...
Most stand-alone fighters aren't really capable of doing that you know...
Not good fighters atleast
And mOmIn is for all I know a good fighter, so what did you expect..?

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 18:49
So you expect to take out more than 6 people with one drone?
Or how many it might have been...
Most stand-alone fighters aren't really capable of doing that you know...
Not good fighters atleast
And mOmIn is for all I know a good fighter, so what did you expect..?

A melee tank, 3 apu's (2 were low low level) one rifle spy, one PPU (no PA)

I wouldnt say that is an achievement, especially as most of them were in the open, and not being PPU'd.

That isnt to say the drone flash didnt cause me huge amount of problems not only there but the OP war afterwards, constantly blinded by TG gaurds and apu's

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 18:54
And you don't think all these whacked people didn't have a problem with the fact that they got hit in the legs and couldn't even run away..?

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 19:00
And you don't think all these whacked people didn't have a problem with the fact that they got hit in the legs and couldn't even run away..?

being hit in the legs still gives you the ability to see, and move behind cover, or even something as simple as to type to ask for a rez/heal.

Unlike a drone if your hit, i dont have the ability to see, and unlike a droner, if your hit in the legs, your legs dont get "worse" the more your hit, so u cant run.

With a drone the more im hit, the longer the flash lasts, I have actually had it so its lasted about 12 seconds with zero ability to see.

Yup, thats a practical class alright

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:05
being hit in the legs still gives you the ability to see, and move behind cover, or even something as simple as to type to ask for a rez/heal.

Unlike a drone if your hit, i dont have the ability to see, and unlike a droner, if your hit in the legs, your legs dont get "worse" the more your hit, so u cant run.

With a drone the more im hit, the longer the flash lasts, I have actually had it so its lasted about 12 seconds with zero ability to see.

Yup, thats a practical class alright

Have you even tried to run for cover with slapped legs? Good luck :p
And if you get hit so much, I still say you need to get your feet wet first.
Then after that I might return to discuss any droner issues further

Good drones get hit once and then they're out of reach for the enemy,
so that's 2 seconds,
while someone who get hit in the legs has to more or less crawl for cover..
AND even if your drone dies you're still there for another launch..

Yeah, that sucks bigtime to have such a worthless class..

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 19:07
Have you even tried to run for cover with slapped legs? Good luck :p
And if you get hit so much, I still say you need to get your feet wet first.
Then after that I might return to discuss any droner issues further

If your on saturn I think you need to direct a player called abner, me and him have been droning for well over a year, and are always PKing at TG and cycrow.

If I got any "wetter" id be drowning.

I find it impossible to believe your drone is never hit, or that you have never encountered any problems with flash during an OP war, or any other PVP situation.

90% of this thread would disagree with you, with 90% saying the flash is a problem

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:12
If your on saturn I think you need to direct a player called abner, me and him have been droning for well over a year, and are always PKing at TG and cycrow.

I find it impossible to believe your drone is never hit, or that you have never encountered any problems with flash during an OP war, or any other PVP situation.

90% of this thread would disagree with you, with 90% saying the flash is a problem

Please... I've always been on Saturn.. Funny thing is that even tho I'm a TG haunter always running around there, and also have about.. Well.. all my friends there, I still didn't see the two droners 6 months ago and backwards 6 more months that you claim to have had there.. How odd isn't that?!
And yes, I did play every day for about 16 hours or more. Strange days--

If you tried to get your feet into the water instead of just dripping water from the hose it'd be much easier.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 19:17
Please... I've always been on Saturn.. Funny thing is that even tho I'm a TG haunter always running around there, and also have about.. Well.. all my friends there, I still didn't see the two droners 6 months ago and backwards 6 more months that you claim to have had there.. How odd isn't that?!
And yes, I did play every day for about 16 hours or more. Strange days

Who is your character? Anyway, dont turn this thread personal, drones have always raided TG, and Cycrow for as long as I can remember, its nothing new.

The thread is about the flash, not my compentancy as a droner.

And there is no denying, that the flash, no matter what weapon type your hit with, it lasts far too long, and gives the droner zero ability to see.

A small tweak is all it needs.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:20
Who is your character? Anyway, dont turn this thread personal, drones have always raided TG, and Cycrow for as long as I can remember, its nothing new.

The thread is about the flash, not my compentancy as a droner.

And there is no denying, that the flash, no matter what weapon type your hit with, it lasts far too long, and gives the droner zero ability to see.

A small tweak is all it needs.

lol, not like I would give you such an easy thing.. Geez...

And I point to the fact that you're not a good droner and therefor has no reason to complain about the flash since it would be overpowering good droners.

It's like having a 0/2 saying his junkknife does to little damage and that it needs to be upped to match a CS...

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 19:23
And I point to the fact that you're not a good droner and therefor has no reason to complain about the flash since it would be overpowering good droners.

Name me 5 droners who OP war regularly on saturn.

And if you know for a fact im such a bad droner, who is my droner? And what makes a bad droner? having my meat sack found? or having my drone hit by an APU (good god)

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:28
Name me 5 droners who OP war regularly on saturn.

And if you know for a fact im such a bad droner, who is my droner? And what makes a bad droner? having my meat sack found? or having my drone hit by an APU (good god)

Been away for 6months once again, and todays players are not yesterdays as you just migh have noticed.. By the way who gives a flying fuck?
How is that of ANY concern in this matter, who's in OPs nowadays?
I'll find out and answer that in a minute or two if you answer me who PvPed in the old FA drone clan
(The old FA drone clan, which I at the moment just can't remember the name of, that used to take OPs, including me and Gizzy... If you actually don't know yourself.)

And a bad droner whines about something noone else really does, I've never heard someone complain about the drugflash before. Well not any really skilled people.
AND you're on the pic hovering straight over a spy with a rifle. That of course has range.
THAT is NOT a the way of ANY good droner I've ever heard of.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 19:32
Been away for 6months once again, and todays players are not yesterdays as you just migh have noticed.. By the way who gives a flying fuck?
How is that of ANY concern in this matter, who's in OPs nowadays?
I'll find out and answer that in a minute or two if you answer me who PvPed in the old FA drone clan
(The old FA drone clan, which I at the moment just can't remember the name of, that used to take OPs, including me and Gizzy... If you actually don't know yourself.)

And a bad droner whines about something noone else really does, I've never heard someone complain about the drugflash before. Well not any really skilled people.
AND you're on the pic hovering straight over a spy with a rifle. That of course has range.
THAT is NOT a the way of ANY good droner I've ever heard of.

Im purely stating there are no droners about. So how will it over power them?

I just asked phoenix clan to name 5, they came up with 3.

Me, Abner, and Santa's Little Helper.

Im aware of a 4th, but he doesnt play no more.

As for the spy in the picture, he came out of stealth while I was backing up, how is that "skilless" when he comes out of no where, I can hardly predict where a rifle spy will pop out, unless of course in your l337 ness and notoriety as a skilled droner (who is never seen or heard of) could avoid it.

And there have been several threads regarding the drug flash, made by myself, abner, santa, and afew others.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:37
Well nowadays is one thing.
It was way different before.
Still the drugflash is the same.
And we had a whole (yes big) clan that never complained, also PvPed with grace.

And for your little spy problem:
Just leaving a good position is plain stupid and not in any way showing of your skills..
If a spy stealths you just stay put.
I can't even see why you would leave the top of the hill at all....

n3m
19-06-04, 19:39
To be honest, I doubt you even know what youre talking about Slade.
In another thread you were talking about the new drones how they were and how you never heard of them before. Unless ofcourse that was a funny joke from your side, I did not see.

I've been droner about 1 month after I first started, did that for about 5 weeks, lommed to rifle spy because I fell asleep while droning. Recently I lommed my Rifle spy back to Droner again, he lasted for about 3 weeks. In that time I've taken him numerous times to pvp(ganking spree, theyre amazing for that), and everytime I lost a drone it was because of the flash. The 60% reduction in the patch wasnt 60% or any reduction at all, Ive taken my droner before the patch and after the patch = no difference that I noticed.

And if you have never seen a Droner at CRP on a killing spree, you were probably in the Chaos Cave leveling or something.. Because that place is like droner heaven. Deltard - old clanmate - even spanked a lot of ppl there back in early retail, when drones had HUGE hitboxes and went down like ducks in hunting season.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:41
N3m of course you read the whole post about me being away for a while and the new rares being added right after me leaving?
Of course you did, how silly of me..

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 19:41
Well nowadays is one thing.
It was way different before.
Still the drugflash is the same.

It was supposed to have a 60% reduction - it hasnt. It was way different before? Droners have never been popular, and they still arent. I am actually beginnning to doubt if you are even a droner, or just a bitter player arguing for the sake of it.

And for your little spy problem:
Just leaving a good position is plain stupid and not in any way showing of your skills..
If a spy stealths you just stay put.
I can't even see why you would leave the top of the hill at all....

Why leave the top of the hill, Funny, not everyone stays in one place, there is an entire zone where runners can be, sometimes that may involve me going ground level, over cliffs, under cliffs, underbridges to hunt and kill them, also, the arc that the drone can look down isnt very large, u often have to back up at the higher altitudes to get a shot on them, especially if there not stationary, of course, if you were a skilled droner, youd know this.

Which your obviously not :rolleyes:

If a spy stealths you stay put? The spy stealthed next to TG gaurds, which started to shoot my drone. Your saying youd have stayed there and took it...?

Sorry but this is becomming your bitter argument, which is pretty petty.

The thread is about the flash, so keep it that way.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 19:46
It was supposed to have a 60% reduction - it hasnt. It was way different before? Droners have never been popular, and they still arent. I am actually beginnning to doubt if you are even a droner, or just a bitter player arguing for the sake of it.

LOL

Why leave the top of the hill, Funny, not everyone stays in one place, there is an entire zone where runners can be, sometimes that may involve me going ground level, over cliffs, under cliffs, underbridges to hunt and kill them, also, the arc that the drone can look down isnt very large, u often have to back up at the higher altitudes to get a shot on them, especially if there not stationary, of course, if you were a skilled droner, youd know this.

Which your obviously not :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's great, since one just can't go into third person and aim straight down more or less. But as you're a more skilled droner I assume you're OF COURSE just testing me.
Riiight....

L3m0n
19-06-04, 20:02
Yeah, that's great, since one just can't go into third person and aim straight down more or less. But as you're a more skilled droner I assume you're OF COURSE just testing me.
Riiight....
Koro i dont think he likes you...
I think Mr Slade needs to chill and just read what Koro is saying. If you dont like what hes saying, well...
Drone flash is to much it does need to be turned down a bit, not much just a little. kthx ;)

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:04
Koro i dont think he likes you...
I think Mr Slade needs to chill and just read what Koro is saying. If you dont like what hes saying, well...
Drone flash is to much it does need to be turned down a bit, not much just a little. kthx ;)

I'm very aware of what's being said, and also I'm responding with the same fact that it'd be overpowering them if it were less.
What needs to be fixed are the bugs we droners have,
they're a bitch...

L3m0n
19-06-04, 20:06
I'm very aware of what's being said, and also I'm responding with the same fact that it'd be overpowering them if it were less.
ok but...

wheres the fact? :wtf:

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:08
What needs to be fixed are the bugs we droners have,
they're a bitch...

Why would giving me the ability to see when im hit, be "overpowering" ?

I would still recieve a flash, which is disorientating and off putting, but it wouldnt be so I cant see what so ever.

A single flash of 1 second is more than enough or half a second before it clears to a visable screen again.

Whichever way it stands, its still too much, and the droner bugs are few.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:09
ok but...

I don't get it..
Being able to go into 3rd person is used by all chars for different reasons,
get rid of fire problems, shooting over fences and such..
So what's the deal?

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:10
Why would giving me the ability to see when im hit, be "overpowering" ?

Well not you maybe.. But some other droners.

I would still recieve a flash, which is disorientating and off putting, but it wouldnt be so I cant see what so ever.

A single flash of 1 second is more than enough or half a second before it clears to a visable screen again.

I don't get disorientated by the flash so why should you?

Whichever way it stands, its still too much, and the droner bugs are few.
Riiight....

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:23
I don't get it..
Being able to go into 3rd person is used by all chars for different reasons,
get rid of fire problems, shooting over fences and such..
So what's the deal?

Slade your saying it would be a fact that reducing the flash would overpower droners, as lem0n asked, what is the fact that would overpower droners?

And 3rd person?wheres that shit come from?!

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:26
Riiight....

Your making out that the list of drone bugs is as long as your arm.

There are some clipping problems, sticky issues, and the "bounce" generally thats it.

Id say the flash is the biggest problem.

The flash coupled with an attempt to back up, and avoid being hit further can disorientate you for want of a better word - yes.

EDIT - I havnt even begun to mention drones at OP wars against turrets, lets just say that ones a no go....

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:29
Slade your saying it would be a fact that reducing the flash would overpower droners, as lem0n asked, what is the fact that would overpower droners?

And 3rd person?wheres that shit come from?!

Let me see..:

ok but...

You tell me what THAT shit came from instead.

And what would overpower?
The fact that they'd have no limits to movement any more and would never stop firing.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:31
Your making out that the list of drone bugs is as long as your arm.

There are some clipping problems, sticky issues, and the "bounce" generally thats it.

Id say the flash is the biggest problem.

The flash coupled with an attempt to back up, and avoid being hit further can disorientate you for want of a better word - yes.

EDIT - I havnt even begun to mention drones at OP wars against turrets, lets just say that ones a no go....

And the launch bug
The FRE drop bug
The grouping bug
The chat bug
And some other I just don't have time to post.
Besides the flash thing isn't even a bug,
focus on the real issues for once maybe?

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:32
You tell me what THAT shit came from instead.

And what would overpower?
The fact that they'd have no limits to movement any more and would never stop firing.

So apart from those I mentioned, which other MAJOR bugs do drones have?

The FRE drop bug
The grouping bug
The chat bug
And some other I just don't have time to post.

The FRE isnt linked to drones, its the game itself, sadly when we fatal while droning, we drop the drone, what do u want, us to log in, in drone mode? or to have it back in our inventory?

Chat bug? U can change chat by assiging say Alt+C, or hit enter and talk in ur current mod

You dont have time to post, but uve been posting on here for at least 2 hours now...

they would never stop firing? Cause they would, the flash still lasts a second, and then another second when hit again, its just the 2 seconds is 2 long.

No limits to movement? they can only travel so far.....

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:34
So apart from those I mentioned, which other MAJOR bugs do drones have?

they would never stop firing? Cause they would, the flash still lasts a second, and then another second when hit again, its just the 2 seconds is 2 long.

I still don't stop hitting just for a 2sec flash mostly you know :p
One can always count for how the enemy will move.

And if you weren't so stressed up you'd find some more added by me.

No limits to movement? they can only travel so far.....

Don't make yourself look even more stupid..

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:37
I still don't stop hitting just for a 2sec flash mostly you know :p
One can always count for how the enemy will move.

And if you weren't so stressed up you'd find some more added by me.

Don't make yourself look even more stupid..

A Raptor drone cannot travel an entire zone.

I have 230willpower, and fully cap every single BPed drone.

The PN cannot travel an entire zone either.

The Revenge can, and is the only drone which can travel an entire zone without having the haze begin to start.

(In the context of - im in the corner of the zone, not the centre)

And yes, U can "guess" where the enemy will move, sometimes its correct, sometimes it isnt, that isnt overpowering the droner, thats player experiance.

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:37
Alt+C isn't really the solution to a fact you don't even seem to be aware of

And no, I don't have time any more, just for the very fact that I've wasted 2 hours on a n00b which I was supposed to spend on making food, cleaning my apartment and go buy food for the cat.
It's odd that people actually sit down and have something to do afterwards, isn't it?

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:39
A Raptor drone cannot travel an entire zone.

I have 230willpower, and fully cap every single BPed drone.

The PN cannot travel an entire zone either.

The Revenge can, and is the only drone which can travel an entire zone without having the haze begin to start.

And yes, U can "guess" where the enemy will move, sometimes its correct, sometimes it isnt, that isnt overpowering the droner, thats player experiance.

PN is very capable of traveling a whole zone, that I'm very aware of.

And this experience, plus making it even easier makes what?
Yes that's it, overpowering.
Like saying that it wouldn't be overpowering to up all shelt and defl by 200% just cuz n00bs can't survive a couple of bursts from a Speed gatlin or CS..

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:39
Alt+C isn't really the solution to a fact you don't even seem to be aware of

And no, I don't have time any more, just for the very fact that I've wasted 2 hours on a n00b which I was supposed to spend on making food, cleaning my apartment and go buy food for the cat.
It's odd that people actually sit down and have something to do afterwards, isn't it?

No one forced you to reply to my posts, it is your perogative to do those things when you see fit, and to discipline yourself to do them.

You havnt waisted 2 hours, youve vented nothing but aggression and comments which have little impact on the thread except personal insults which mean about [.] that much to me.

Thanks for your time slade, hopefully the next person to criticise will have [...] this much more intelligance.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:40
PN is very capable of traveling a whole zone, that I'm very aware of.

And this experience, plus making it even easier makes what?
Yes that's it, overpowering.
Like saying that it wouldn't be overpowering to up all shelt and defl by 200% just cuz n00bs can't survive a couple of bursts from a Speed gatlin or CS..

I assure you, a PN cannot travel a full zone without getting a haze.

So a players experiance makes an APU overpowered? fuck me, my apu and tank must be getting a nerf soon then

Richard Slade
19-06-04, 20:41
You're so cute when you actually belive that you're smart and can change something.

Clownst0pper
19-06-04, 20:47
You're so cute when you actually belive that you're smart and can change something.

I got the Raptor and Mosquito 3d models externally and the inventory 2d changed due to my constant moaning to Thantos

Why cant I have an impact on the drone flash? The drone flash was originally 35% reduction (if my memory serves) until I moaned even more on the test server, that nothing had changed.

trigger hurt
19-06-04, 22:13

90% of this thread would disagree with you, with 90% saying the flash is a problemYou have not been droning for well over a year, nor has Abner. Abner is a newer char and hasn't been around as long as you say. Your droner on the otherhand has been around for a while, but you just lom'd it to drones right after the patch that made them hella stronger and added the new drones.

IF 90% of this thread thinks that flash is a problem, then I hope the other 10% who either dont care or dont think it's a problem will be enough to prevail. Your drones are strong enough as they are. They are difficult to kill already. Shitty FPS + Shitty Lag + Super Small Hitbox + Flash = Just fucking fine where it is. Take out the flash, and if I am lucky enough to hit you once, you'll be able to see again immediatly and continue issuing the 'pwnage'.

Jake Cutter
19-06-04, 23:47
I'll say yes, the "hit flash" needs to be reduced more.

Another thing that is a problem is this:

A friend and I were at the graves levelling our droners. An APU/PPU team was in there as well. Both of our characters have their LE in, and therefore are incapable of damaging other players...my friend was using an AoE drone, and one of the monks died from the snakes, and my friend then took a SL hit.

I have noticed this from direct-fire drones as well. You shoot a non-LE'd char...he of course takes no damage...but if he dies, the LE'd droner takes the SL hit.

Didn't KK fix this? :wtf: :wtf:

Oh well, add it to the list if they didn't :wtf:

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Clownst0pper
20-06-04, 01:21
You have not been droning for well over a year, nor has Abner. Abner is a newer char and hasn't been around as long as you say. Your droner on the otherhand has been around for a while, but you just lom'd it to drones right after the patch that made them hella stronger and added the new drones.

IF 90% of this thread thinks that flash is a problem, then I hope the other 10% who either dont care or dont think it's a problem will be enough to prevail. Your drones are strong enough as they are. They are difficult to kill already. Shitty FPS + Shitty Lag + Super Small Hitbox + Flash = Just fucking fine where it is. Take out the flash, and if I am lucky enough to hit you once, you'll be able to see again immediatly and continue issuing the 'pwnage'.

Isa (my droner) has always been drones, nothing else, ive never lomed her once, never, I just never pvped with her as it was hopeless until many patches ago

My other spy is kaolin, hes been deleted/lomed/remade more times than i can mention, but hes never been a droner.

safetycopy
22-06-04, 00:42
The only time I've had problems with the flash, is when fighting multiple opponents, which is something that drones are just not supposed to do :rolleyes: During times like that, I just keep it on the fire button and wait for the inevitable, knowing I made a mistake...

Doc Holliday
22-06-04, 00:56
this thread still raging on???

Clownst0pper
22-06-04, 01:03
this thread still raging on???

A thread is a discussion, until the discussion is over, or there is nothing left to say, then why should it end?

As for safety copys, thats true, multi opponents are the biggest problems, next to rapid weapons such as liberators/ravagers :rolleyes: