PDA

View Full Version : KK and all of you that are the backbone of Neocron.

I am P
16-06-04, 13:21
I Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your effords to fix Saturn.
This I can say because I work with hosting servers and know how hard customers can be sometimes, and know how hard solving things and having customer loose in some times valuable information (ie files and so on).

Databases are hard to maintain in a optimal way, considering the transactions I can imagine we runners create, the DB must be very hard to maintain.

Rollback or no Rollback, I love the game and I will not stop playing just
becaus I lost a few XP of a few rares. Shitty for those who got MC5 parts.

Im not being sarcastic or in another way angry.
Just wanted to say keep up the good work dudes!

Best regards
P

MjukisDjur
16-06-04, 13:34
I really appreciate this since I lomed my APU to PPU yesterday. Took me all evening...
*insert bad words of your choice*

CyTeCH
16-06-04, 13:38
I Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your effords to fix Saturn.
This I can say because I work with hosting servers and know how hard customers can be sometimes, and know how hard solving things and having customer loose in some times valuable information (ie files and so on).

Databases are hard to maintain in a optimal way, considering the transactions I can imagine we runners create, the DB must be very hard to maintain.

Im not being sarcastic or in another way angry.
Just wanted to say keep up the good work dudes!

Best regards
P

Most people who work with servers can accept that things go wrong, but most of the comunity doesnt seem to see it that way, computers break, db's crash, and appart from running a fully live cloned fall over for each server there is no way to stop down time happening.

Well done KK, i know some of you work stupid hours to sort stuff out for us NC junkies :-)

People who cant accept the fact there has been a 24 hour rollback.....1stly you cant hold KK responsible for any loss of server data (yes read the ToC's)
and secondly deal with it!the guys at KK go through hell and back so you guys can Bitch, whine, cry, flame and be damn rite rude about ever little fucking thing they spend hours doing.

Keep up the good work KK

@martin i think you should take them all out for multiple beers :)

ZyproN
16-06-04, 13:39
Shitty?? i tell you shitty used whole day to find 5 mc5 parts i could use 3 ds and 2 herc and its not funny at all just spend a day playing then start over again!

I am P
16-06-04, 13:41
I really appreciate this since I lomed my APU to PPU yesterday. Took me all evening...

Käften fjolla, du har säkert inget liv ändå.
Se det då här, nu har saker att göra en kväll till. :lol:

// P

LiL T
16-06-04, 13:54
just logged on and all I can say is SHIT :mad:

MjukisDjur
16-06-04, 14:06
men lomma är ju så jäääävla tråkigt! :)
piss

HellBreaker
16-06-04, 14:18
hmmm sucks to be you...
i haven't played for 2 days so im fine ^^

Menolak
16-06-04, 14:27
Best regards
P

I'm not sorry for the people that lost their Mc5's, I'm sure that at leats 60% of them are full of shit and never had one in the first place...I'm more curious to see how many people woke up with Mc5's...if they post it, THERE'S honesty, children....

Although waking up to find yourself in a different faction must be good for a laugh...

Doy is coming and it will be great! I support KK and anybody who says they don't are just going to jinx it for the rest of us. People should keep the nasty stuff about KK to themselves, I doubt it inspires the developers to do anything for their ungrateful asses. Concrete issues are one thing, but the flamers are another. Guess we know where the expression ``flaming ******`` comes from. (not intended as a reference of any sort to the gay community :) )

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-04, 14:29
if your hard drive crashes at home you lose data to.. and you would have to put back a backup to and you might just miss a few files you din't backup..

hardware failures happen.. a harddrive just crashing or anything aint something you plan on.. and if something happends a roleback is needed... so instead of wasting your time here shouting get back lomming or hunting or whatever cause flaming on the forum aint gonna change shit.

garyu69
16-06-04, 14:40
Yes well done for KK to get it back up.

I don't think people can get shitty at them as hardware does have problems and does break from time to time. Just be glad they backup when they do. :)

Original monk
16-06-04, 14:43
WIPIE, a rollback

hey what do i notice: those 80 impskill of my 2 monks are back where they where again ... and so does all the mellee on my spy ... and hey, my hc popped back on my tank and so did the mellee on my ppumonk that went to resist force

thanx for screwing up, thats again lomming for about a day

cant ya yust make decent loms ?

5 minutes common: good for you guys yeah but i can start over again

[Edited: Opmerkingen zoals deze worden ook gelezen en verstaan, en ast moet dan kanket oek int antwarps doen - Translation: Remarks such as this one are also read and understood, and if i must, i can do it in the Antwerp dialect as well]

KILLER']if your hard drive crashes at home you lose data to.. and you would have to put back a backup to and you might just miss a few files you din't backup..

missing a few files isnt the same as sitting behind youre computer all day long popping lom pills every 5 minutes: somekind of punishment because you wonna be non-cookiecutter or even change youre setup slightly cause you mis-located some points

i was sick yesterday so after 5 months finally got the opportunity to lom all day ... not really fun but hey, better then sleeping all day ... ffcourse this shit happens again

bah

Tratos
16-06-04, 14:44
Yes, be thankful that it was fixed, it could have still be down at this minute but KK people worked and i do believe to about 1am there time to try and fix this before giving up because they had to, if they had said stuff it its not my working hours people would be complaining alot more.

Be greatfull

Good Job KK.

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 14:45
WIPIE, a rollback

hey what do i notice: those 80 impskill of my 2 monks are back where they where again ... and so does all the mellee on my spy ... and hey, my hc popped back on my tank and so did the mellee on my ppumonk that went to resist force

[Edited: Consistency]Look at it this way, it could have been a complete server wipe. It would have been a lot more work to level those characters from the start, than it is to now LOM them again.

En niet zo kankeren, dat horen Nederlanders zoals ik te doen, niet Belgen. ;)

Original monk
16-06-04, 14:48
Look at it this way, it could have been a complete server wipe. It would have been a lot more work to level those characters from the start, than it is to now LOM them again.

En niet zo kankeren, dat horen Nederlanders zoals ik te doen, niet Belgen. ;)

you think if they completely wipe everything that everyone gonna stay here and kindly restart 2 years of work ?

rofl

winnoc
Well, if this happens to Saturn on a monthly basis, i know i'm gonna be all over Uranus soon. (god i love the name of that server) :-)

Tratos
WIPIE, a rollback

kunde golle na niks normaal doen godverdomme

missing a few files isnt the same as sitting behind youre computer all day long popping lom pills every 5 minutes: somekind of punishment because you wonna be non-cookiecutter or even change youre setup slightly cause you mis-located some points

i was sick yesterday so after 5 months finally got the opportunity to lom all day ... not really fun but hey, better then sleeping all day ... ffcourse this shit happens again

bah
Be Thankful (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1425418&postcount=5) Your chars are still there.

And as folsom said at least it wasnt a full server wipe.

J. Folsom
you think if they completely wipe everything that everyone gonna stay here and kindly restart 2 years of work ?

roflI'm not saying that am I? I'm merely saying that's what it might have been, and that we're lucky the back up was only a day old.

Omnituens
16-06-04, 14:53
I'm sorry but i dont call rolling back a server over 24 hours a fix.

Ive lost (in over of value/time):
taken total of 25 loms over all the characters, so no auto lommage there
at least 35 techs
15 level 3 imps
int level on my spy 94>95
5 million DEX xp

how do we know this wont happen again in 24 hours?

I would be quiet happy if saturn had stayed down for another 12 hours and it had been fixed.

Unless a rollback was the only solution

Tratos - that link doesnt work

Original monk
16-06-04, 14:54
I'm not saying that am I? I'm merely saying that's what it might have been, and that we're lucky the back up was only a day old.

true but still ya cant imagine that split second of pure evil anger that goes true youre spine if you see that you been pressing that stupid left mousebutton for a whole day and the day after ya realise ya been sitting there for zero, nada, nothing ...

cant they yust change loms for 1 day (with only 10 synaps or so) so everyone can adyust he's setup once and for all and all people that lommed yesterday can relom witouth waiting for hours and hours and hours

would be neat :)

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 14:57
[Post snipped to reduce reply length]
I would be quiet happy if saturn had stayed down for another 12 hours and it had been fixed.

Unless a rollback was the only solution, which i doubt.According to Thanatos' announcement, they had to replace the hardware of the database. If I had to make a guess, I'd say hard drive burn out, which really can only be adequately fixed by putting in a new one and putting a back up on it.

cant they yust change loms for 1 day (with only 10 synaps or so) so everyone can adyust he's setup once and for all and all people that lommed yesterday can relom witouth waiting for hours and hours and hours

would be neat :)I guess that's reasonable. Another possibility could perhaps be temporarily increasing the experience and drops.

TheGreatMilenko
16-06-04, 15:01
stop moaning/crying/bitching/whinning/(insert idea here) dont help ANYTHING so just suck it up and fix it the best you can :rolleyes:

EDIT\\ i learned that after i got wipped and lost it all i bitched/moaned and after all of it that never helped so whenever somthing bad happens i just say bummer and live with it. btw its pretty helpful (in real life to) when you get used to it

Original monk
16-06-04, 15:04
I guess that's reasonable. Another possibility could perhaps be temporarily increasing the experience and drops.

extra xp and drops is more of a present, it wont save you from lomming again :/

angeldustbe4 yust noticed the rollback and traded up to 5 ds parts yesterday, he been looking for them for half a year now, everyday he's been talking about a ds :/ think he's gonna trash he's computer again 8|

bah, i gotta calm down O_o

Crest
16-06-04, 15:09
Lets be honest ... KK drops a server every now and then so that You know what they do, and appriciate it

Thanks KK for the hard work,

KK - Giving Sad guys (and gals) something to do every night of the week

Original monk
16-06-04, 15:20
KK - Giving Sad guys (and gals) something to do every night of the week

yeah, lomming

Judge
16-06-04, 15:21
Personally, the rollback was good for me. Only thing that happened yesterday on Saturn was I died twice, implants lost quality, and my libby lost quality. So I just have to say, yay rollback.

Sucks if you lost stuff though. :(

sl33py
16-06-04, 18:09
[Edited: Opmerkingen zoals deze worden ook gelezen en verstaan, en ast moet dan kanket oek int antwarps doen - Translation: Remarks such as this one are also read and understood, and if i must, i can do it in the Antwerp dialect as well]

Iorghe > Original monk

On Topic:
Nice work @ KK and uber muchos <3

P4mp3rk3
16-06-04, 18:22

haha, classic!!!

I think a rollback was inevitable though, they wouldn't do such a thing because it's the "easy" solution... They care too much about nc to do that...I think...I hope... O_o

Judge
16-06-04, 18:38
Extra xp and drops would be nice.... :p

plague
16-06-04, 18:45
lol erm right, i appreciate that they try to fix saturn olright but esterday i couldn't get on all day wtf is that lol, sure am greatfull for their hard work to bring it back up, but why the hell it went down in first place for so long, ffs haven't seen anything like this in any other online game, oh well we used to sht like this heh nc comunity is most patient one lol. Despite what evryone says that we buncha whinorzzz, we actually r very reasonable and patient i don't think anybody would wait and put up with sht like this in any other game....

sl33py
16-06-04, 19:05
lol erm right, i appreciate that they try to fix saturn olright but esterday i couldn't get on all day wtf is that lol, sure am greatfull for their hard work to bring it back up, but why the hell it went down in first place for so long, ffs haven't seen anything like this in any other online game, oh well we used to sht like this heh nc comunity is most patient one lol. Despite what evryone says that we buncha whinorzzz, we actually r very reasonable and patient i don't think anybody would wait and put up with sht like this in any other game....

1) read the statement in the announcement forum
2) no other mmorpg had a server down for 12 hours *cough* yeah right :rolleyes:
3) nc community the most patient one?? LOL where have you been hiding?

tbh your post is just flamebate, [edited before posting lol]

Whitestuff
16-06-04, 19:20
Hey, I just started playing agin like 3 days ago, sorted out a lot of shit that needed it, including lomming, and all I have to say is, oh well. No I didn't expect to have to do it all again, but its ok, I'll do it because I have to. I gained a PSI level from 80>81, not the hardest, but still pretty hard. I lommed out a bunch of poke now that poking a moveon gives crap xp in monk dex, I fixed a practical joke that one of my friends pulled on my old clanmates, I did a lot of stuff recently, and I am not going to complain about having to do it again.

Why? Beacause, KK does work their asses off to keep us happy, and if some of you people who are complaining don't see that, then get the hell out of MMORPG's cause your bitching and whining will only continue. Servers will go down, hardware will crash, and yes, oh yes, ROLLBACKS WILL HAPPEN! The reason I quit playing neo for a few months was because of the community always being down on KK and they even made me feel like it was KK's fault, but I realize now that it isn't. I certainly wouldn't work so hard to keep this lot happy. I'd screw the game mechanics permanently until you all left, then re-release DoY to get a fresh lot in..... Geez just shut the hell up if you don't like what happened and get back to lomming, otherwise LEAVE!

/rant off

plague
16-06-04, 19:24
1) read the statement in the announcement forum
2) no other mmorpg had a server down for 12 hours *cough* yeah right :rolleyes:
3) nc community the most patient one?? LOL where have you been hiding?

tbh your post is just flamebate, [edited before posting lol]
1 don't go to announcement forums too much but i will from now on
2 well not the once i plaed tho am sure there was some
3 yes i think so, becouce there is ppl who been waiting for doy and for all those delayed updates forever and ever and still here and waiting, when doy was first promised? and there still ppl waiting just for the love for the game now few years of waiting and listening to promised being broken all the time yes i call that uber patience...

and please feel free to flame away, that what make forums funn :D

-FN-
16-06-04, 19:50
Christ. Cry us a fucking river. You lost some time you invested in a fucking GAME. They lost time too -- and money as they had to replace hardware. All you guys think about is "me, me, me and what I did and what I lost".

Be happy that Saturn's back up already. I know that I am. I can finally turn TRADE-NC back on on Pluto.

By the way, I hate people.

--Edit--

And not to be 100% negative :p with the point of this thread, good job KK with the fix. I am the SysAdmin for a publishing company here in the US which manages 30 large servers on a fiber network with about 500 user machines and I know the woes of rebuilding a 1tb RAID 10 and restoring Oracle/SQL databases on a large scale in a few hours notice due to some failure you didn't expect.

plague
16-06-04, 20:32
Christ. Cry us a fucking river. You lost some time you invested in a fucking GAME. They lost time too -- and money as they had to replace hardware. All you guys think about is "me, me, me and what I did and what I lost".

Be happy that Saturn's back up already. I know that I am. I can finally turn TRADE-NC back on on Pluto.

By the way, I hate people.

--Edit--

And not to be 100% negative :p with the point of this thread, good job KK with the fix. I am the SysAdmin for a publishing company here in the US which manages 30 large servers on a fiber network with about 500 user machines and I know the woes of rebuilding a 1tb RAID 10 and restoring Oracle/SQL databases on a large scale in a few hours notice due to some failure you didn't expect.

ok all i have to say to this post STFU, now one is crying was just prooving point that ve have good comunity i guess not all of as as good as though *couth*....

[ edited ]

-FN-
16-06-04, 20:39
@ plague - I went a few posts into the first page and after the initial "Thank you KK" post, there was nothing but bitching about how everyone conveniently LoMmed the day before the rollback, or traded some MC5 parts, or some sort of loss. My comments were directed towards them. If you read the entire thing, people *ARE* 'crying'.

And when did you become the spokesmen for the entire community? Learn the difference between opinion and fact.

plague
16-06-04, 20:47
@ plague - I went a few posts into the first page and after the initial "Thank you KK" post, there was nothing but bitching about how everyone conveniently LoMmed the day before the rollback, or traded some MC5 parts, or some sort of loss. My comments were directed towards them. If you read the entire thing, people *ARE* 'crying'.

And when did you become the spokesmen for the entire community? Learn the difference between opinion and fact.
well you posted it right after mine so it looked like it was directed at my post thats why replayed they way i did, no am not talking for whole comynity was talking for ppl who you said you hated (they hate u too), i hate when i have to explaine my post, it should be obvious anywayam glad saturn is back up and that kk did suck good job on it, happy now? ...

Lexxuk
17-06-04, 04:26
KILLER']if your hard drive crashes at home you lose data to.. and you would have to put back a backup to and you might just miss a few files you din't backup..

hardware failures happen.. a harddrive just crashing or anything aint something you plan on.. and if something happends a roleback is needed... so instead of wasting your time here shouting get back lomming or hunting or whatever cause flaming on the forum aint gonna change shit.

Hardware failiures do happen, but in this case, people had been noticing problems with Saturn for the past few days, if I'd been noticing problems with my hard drive over the past few days, I'd be backing up regularly, and checking the problem out whilst preparing a new hard drive for if this one crashed.

The way it looks from this side of the pond, KK ignored people bitchin that Saturn sucked with issues, and waited till the server went down before fixing it. We dont know if they sheduled more frequent backups incase there were severe problems and the DB went tits up, we dont know if they were keeping an eye on the database. I'm pretty sure 50% of Saturns population would have been happy with KK taking Saturn offline for a couple of hours, to investigate the problems, and fix them before data loss, if KK told them "we may have a problem which may corrupt the DB, so to prevent you losing time, for which we wont recompense you, we are taking the server offline until tests are completed"

Woulda answered sooner btw, but been playin SWG hehehe

sl33py
17-06-04, 09:38
Lexx you know I love you, my role play daddeh, but stop beeing an ass or I'll tell mommy

ichinin
17-06-04, 10:23

I know the feeling.. alot of us muted TRADE-NC that day.