PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

Menolak
16-06-04, 13:13
Is Star Trek the best show on earth, or completely and totally gay?

Teal'c
16-06-04, 13:17
no the best show is Stargate !

Menolak
16-06-04, 13:18
you're fast, I was barely finished posting it... geek :)

subsys
16-06-04, 13:25

hmm i think voting when your named after a member of the show counts as a double negative :P

Bab5 > stargate > andromeda > trek imo
i used to love star wars right up untill episode 1 appeared and that just ruined everything.

Hippieman
16-06-04, 13:35
Original Star Trek was just plain creepy. Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager kick ass though.

Menolak
16-06-04, 13:45
aw man..everybody's voting NO.4...
By the way Nid, jes having a little fun, my roommates a trekkie....Ive been forced to watch it enough that I can name a lot of ship classes just by seeing them on the screen (well, in NextGen anyway)
Oh non, resistance IS futile!!!! They're assimilating me!!!!!!!
The only one I REALLY cant handle is that new one,Enterprise...dunno if it's the crappy theme song, or that dork from Quantum Leap, but something about that show needs SERIOUS work (or the producer needs a phaser rammed up his ass and fired until the battery is drained)

You know what's bad? Star Trek in french...here is a quote from ``First Contact`, and it's French Translation
English:Mr.Worf, ready phasers.....
French: Monsieur Worf, preparé les interrupteurs....
(thats the basic translation, my French isn't perfect)

Teal'c
16-06-04, 13:47
lol :)

Archeus
16-06-04, 13:47
Babylon 5 was way better then all the ST.

Also Firefly is excellent, as is Stargate. (and Quantum leap was better then ST as well :p )

ST:TOS = Kirk beats whatever baddy with love/logic ("What is love?") or some cute alien chick helps him.

ST:TNG = Use the holodeck, or time travel to solve the situation.

ST:DS9 = Probably the best of the lot.

ST:V = Time travel or the whole thing was an alternate reality so it didn't count (script writers used to work on Dallas).

ST:E = Script writers understanding the limitation of the ships, etc solve it by using time travel.

Mr_Snow
16-06-04, 13:49
Bablyon 5>all star trek and other sci-fi shows.

Teal'c
16-06-04, 13:52
I like the 24 hours shows too :)

Menolak
16-06-04, 14:20
c'mon Niddy, let's hear your thoughts...what's your favoirite series and who would YOU like to sex? Nurse Chapel? Troi? Seven of Nine? the chick with the spots from DS9? (urgh) Janeway?
This is harsh..I'm trying to quit smoking, so I guess I'm spamming to distract myself...swear to god, I'd kick my mom's ass for a cigarette right now..

I haven't been on Saturn in a couple of days...I'm almost scared to, from some of the threads I've been seeing...

Koshinn
16-06-04, 14:42
hmm i think voting when your named after a member of the show counts as a double negative :P

i used to love star wars right up untill episode 1 appeared and that just ruined everything.

I almost agree....
Bab5 > stargate > DS9 > andromeda > rest of trek

That's only cause DS9 is a babylon 5 ripoff... even though it's a ripoff, it's copying the best show ever made, so it has to be good.
EdiT: there's a lot of proof..

(notice the kosh?)

MegaCorp
16-06-04, 14:45
Well, the original Star Trek was astonishingly good for its time, especially if you watched the first run of the whole series when it originally aired. The alternatives were pretty much just a lot of westerns and spy stuff (besides the rather bletcherous Lost in Space). I figure Star Trek set an example that others have subsequently striven to improve upon. These days the reruns can seem variously hokey, poorly acted, and excessively preachy. And the special effects, costumes, and stage settings can make you wince at times ... but do realize they were on a pretty modest budget and they predated all the neat stuff that can be done for television and movies these days.

Spook @ Pluto

slaughteruall
16-06-04, 14:49
Best Smallville or Star Gate. That is about it.

Slaughter

]v[ortice
16-06-04, 14:58
I love DS9 and TNG equally.

Both shows had their merits imo.

Voyager however was complete shite. I watched most of it and as the series went on I hated the characters in it even more:

Janeway - Mutt
Chakotay - Twat
Paris - Closet Hom
Kim - Bent
Torres - Mars Bar Light and Dark
Neelix - I'd love to take a spade to that cunt
Tuvok - [Comic Book Store Guy] Worst Vulcan Ever!!!!11111 [/Comic Book Store Guy]

GRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad:

Only thing that remotely amused me was the guest appearances by the great Reg Barclay. What a top bloke :)

TheGreatMilenko
16-06-04, 15:10
StarTrek is the most stupid thing every created well dunno barney and the teletubys were the most horrifying thing created at least that scares me

Dribble Joy
16-06-04, 15:29
Babylon 5.... ugh I dunno, I liked how it was vaguley more 'realistic' than startrek, but it seemed to get bogged down in the storyline.

Science fiction and fantasy (the same thing really) allow people to imagine conditions, situations and events within any setting, thus allowing us to ask questions that would simply not come up.
It allows us to run any thought experiment our minds can concieve.

Basically, 'What If....'

For example, there is a an episode of TNG where the Enterprise comes across a civilisation. There is a scientist who is doing some ground breaking research, but he is old. The society he is from performs euthanasia on everyone when they reach a cirtain age. The scientist is nearing the completion of his work, but he will be offed before he can do so.
What can Picard do? Does he respect the Prime directive and leave things as they are? Or does he intervene and risk whatever may come from it?
In the episode the scientist claims asylum in the Federation, but the question is still there, as are all the other questions raised in the program and all the others.
Another good one is from Stargate. The team come across a world where there is a group of advanced humans at war with what we presume are aliens.
It turns out the humans are a bunch of neo ************ evil buggars, but they need help. Do you help the evil buggars and get teh technology, or say screw you?

Bah, ramblage.
Scifi/fantasy = the win.

cRazy2003
16-06-04, 17:07
its a nerd tv show

<3 nid

Scikar
16-06-04, 17:31
Star Trek would be great if they all shut up and actually fired at something more than once every blue moon.

Jest
16-06-04, 18:07
I enjoy Star Trek. My favorite was Deep Space Nine mainly because I love the idea of a frontier lifestyle in space. I don't go to conventions or collect models but I definitely used to try and catch every new episode I could. ;)

winnoc
16-06-04, 18:19
Star trek is cool, so was space above and beyond.

Darth Slayer
16-06-04, 18:23
U all know that George Lucas is in talks to do a Star Wars Series set after Return of the Jedi..... :D

Tratos
16-06-04, 18:30
U all know that George Lucas is in talks to do a Star Wars Series set after Return of the Jedi..... :DNNnnoooooooo.... George Luacs and his dodgey beard needs to stay away from StarWars when hes done ep III, hes even bloody re edited the old films again in the last two years!

PLEASE STOP BEFORE YOU RUIN IT, lol...well ruin it even more after the introduction of Ja Ja Binks.....uurrghh

Anywho, i really thought DS9 was really really boring, Voyager was absoulutly kick ass though.

Scikar
16-06-04, 19:00
U all know that George Lucas is in talks to do a Star Wars Series set after Return of the Jedi..... :D

The Trilogy of Trilogies was always his goal AFAIK.

plague
16-06-04, 19:04
lol i think that show is retarded and i don't care if nid is trekkie i still think it sucks, i glanced at few epizodes when i was REALY bored and oh my stearing at the wall is more funn than star treck *prepairs for flamage* :p

Shadow Dancer
16-06-04, 19:37
Next Generation>all

Mr_Snow
16-06-04, 19:43

It better be based on the dark empire or thrawn trilogies or I wont be a very happy bunny

Jackie Chan
16-06-04, 20:08
mhh i dont like it so much but sometimes it isn bad

Darth Slayer
16-06-04, 21:00
It better be based on the dark empire or thrawn trilogies or I wont be a very happy bunny
Yeah that would be cool, George Lucas has already gone down saying that the books are canon for the SW universe.
Nice to see your still around matey..... :)

Scorpius.

MkVenner
16-06-04, 21:07
Star trek is cool, TNG and DS9 are my favs, specially the dominion war ones (loved the bit wheres there was a dominion ship coming in on the defiant and that klingon guy related to warf's bird of prey just swoops in, uncloaks, and blows the shit outta it in like a second)...and i love it when the story lines cross...

tho for me SG is teh win, im a star gate fan boi...a trekkie of the gate...erm i sound really gay lol...

n e way SG-1>SG the movie no 2 ways about it :p

bounty
16-06-04, 21:13
even though i love nc, i can't stand any sci-fi at all whatsoever. I know it sounds weird coming from someone that enjoys the storyline and all that is NC. I love hearing about the future and new technologies that are coming, futuristic cars etc, and the idea of star trek doesn't bother me, but the fact that characters that don't exist and are being elaborated on so much makes me feel like its a soap opera for nerds, and i hate soap operas.

{MD}GeistDamnit
16-06-04, 21:43
Picard > All

and Shatner > Nid :D

Vid Gamer
16-06-04, 22:03
Star Wars > Star Trek

Gohei
16-06-04, 22:05
Garbage.

Shujin
16-06-04, 22:09

stargate > startrek > andromeda > bab5 in mine ;P

Darkborg
16-06-04, 23:43
SG1>ST(DS9 TNG voy)>bab 5

BAB 5 really didnt do it for me though. havnet seen a lot of it either.

SG 1 though now theres a GOOD show. Hmmm i think they starting up again somewhere around early to mid July.

subsys
17-06-04, 00:01
stargate > startrek > andromeda > bab5 in mine ;P

well each to their own and all that, where do you live ive got an 18 pound sledgeh.. urr friend id like you to meet ;)

Heavyporker
17-06-04, 00:46
hmm...

I'd have to say...

SG1 > Babylon Five > Star Trek

And while I didn't see all that much of Star Trek (only like 25-50 shows each generation), its only decent. I really liked the newer Star Trek ladies, though, meow. Jax > you. Oh, and female vulcans > you. I bet the vulcan gal on Enterprise knows some special Vulcan Sutra moves to get your pecker up. Mmmm...

And that Captain Janeway, that's a gal you curl up with by the fire and a good book, ya know?

I found way too much to nitpick about the ST shows though.

mmmm.. I love nitpicking.

It's the dearest joy in life.

Oh, guys, and watch your capitialization, its getting sloppy.

Oh, and Stargate: Atlantis is coming out mid-July, methinks. I wanna see it, but it seems that they swapped out many of the original cast. :(

Bl@zed
17-06-04, 02:22
one of the worst shows ever. o_O

Shujin
17-06-04, 06:13
Oh, and Stargate: Atlantis is coming out mid-July, methinks. I wanna see it, but it seems that they swapped out many of the original cast. :(
yea but they are still running the normal SG-1 series along side it. Atlantis is a like it splitting into 2 series both running at the same time ;]

sanityislost
17-06-04, 06:56
DS9 n Bab5 over all other sci-fi shows
Tho mind you Space Above and Beyond (if thats even the name lol)
was chilled kinda like starship troopers (Btw one kick ass move)

SiL ..:..

Menolak
17-06-04, 09:26
DS9 n Bab5 over all other sci-fi shows
Tho mind you Space Above and Beyond (if thats even the name lol)
was chilled kinda like starship troopers (Btw one kick ass move)

they made (or are making) a straight-to video sequel of Starship troopers, I saw an ad on TV the other day, just caught the end of it.

MkVenner
17-06-04, 09:40
yeah i saw the add too, looked sweet...ish

Heavyporker
17-06-04, 09:52
Oh man... I forgot.. Firefly fucking rocked...

Earth: Above and Beyond was interesting, if thats the show I was thinking of... wasn't it Earth vs an enemy alien race, you'd have those space marines jumping down to planets, right?

Hm, and how can we forget Earth 2?

Hey, hey, what about Century City? not exactly in the same genre, but damn, the couple shows I managed to catch of it REALLY INTERESTED ME!

sanityislost
17-06-04, 10:06
they made (or are making) a straight-to video sequel of Starship troopers, I saw an ad on TV the other day, just caught the end of it.

Ghards seen it, said it was shit :S