View Full Version : The Liberator

LTA
16-06-04, 12:50
HOw is this now?

is it still sucky or is it better ?

Does it still miss a-lot or not?

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-04, 12:51
its good in the hands of a skilled user ;)

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 12:53
It's still outclassed by it's higher TL kin, but that's not that odd, as those things are higher TL. ;)

Anyway, it can be deadly in the hands of a skilled user, but as the skilled implies, it's not an easy weapon to use.

Drake6k
16-06-04, 12:56
KILLER']its good in the hands of a skilled user ;)

Indeed.

No one is talking about it but Lib got a aiming boost in the last patch.

LTA
16-06-04, 12:59
Indeed.

Well i am plannin a pistol pe and i can' really be assed to try and find a SA, so i could go tech but heh.
I used it on my spy and it seemed ok, took a capped mc tank right down and made him zone.
But dmg wise i see 7's 20's but not much more, get the odd 30+ which i would assume is burst bonus but when you say skilled, do you mean like uber pistola or someone who can aim or what

Drake6k
16-06-04, 13:02
Well i am plannin a pistol pe and i can' really be assed to try and find a SA, so i could go tech but heh.
I used it on my spy and it seemed ok, took a capped mc tank right down and made him zone.
But dmg wise i see 7's 20's but not much more, get the odd 30+ which i would assume is burst bonus but when you say skilled, do you mean like uber pistola or someone who can aim or what

Because a liberator never stops shooting you cant take your aim off of them. This makes it very hard to be good with and different from most guns. If you want to be good with a lib you have to have very good aiming.

LTA
16-06-04, 13:04
Because a liberator never stops shooting you cant take your aim off of them. This makes it very hard to be good with and different from most guns. If you want to be good with a lib you have to have very good aiming.
So as long as i can keep aim it should be ok?

All i am saying is if i go libby pe am i gonna be massively outclassed/outgunned or what, i can aim so i'll keep that in mind heh i am gonna make it for the hell i think :p

Scikar
16-06-04, 13:08
You'll probably get pissed off that everyone else is dealing more damage than you, but you can make up for that with higher defence.

Drake6k
16-06-04, 13:13
So as long as i can keep aim it should be ok?
All i am saying is if i go libby pe am i gonna be massively outclassed/outgunned or what, i can aim so i'll keep that in mind heh i am gonna make it for the hell i think :p

Liberator PEs are gimp. Even if you hit 100% of the time, always have a capped heal on, 140 resists, and strafe well, the best tank will still win. It's not bad though. If you dont consider yourself damn good at aiming dont play one lol. There are some lib PEs I fight that only land one or two hits the entire fight. If you like a challenge and have the skills then A libby pe is good enough in all pvp and very fun to play.

In OP wars most people either give up trying to hit me or ignore me all together. The libby pe is not considered a big threat and therefore can do a lot of damage.

Also about defense. I have 140 all resists and still dont have "awesome" defense. It's good but you still die. The difference between 120 and 140 is not all that much... Tanks and monks have better defense anyways with ppu buffs.

LTA
16-06-04, 13:20
well the setups i was gonna use is a

512 hp 9% average resist across the board which is what i fine tuned my rifler down to with some good pe's.

but on the other hand i may go for low tech pistol spy and zoom round them all day or could spec no con and go pure ath for my pe :p

alig
16-06-04, 13:41
Libby is good, i can aim it and it fucks you up :p i was lowtech but i was only gaining minimal defense over my judge pe who also caps lib rof so i figured id lom my lowtech to rolh pe instead. Then rolh got nerfed :mad:

LTA
16-06-04, 13:44
Libby is good, i can aim it and it fucks you up :p i was lowtech but i was only gaining minimal defense over my judge pe who also caps lib rof so i figured id lom my lowtech to rolh pe instead. Then rolh got nerfed :mad:
lol

Go exe like all the other ex rolh pe's ?
or slasher em i spose...

i'd stay judge if they got rid of that fucking miss shite, where like 1 packet hits the other misses so i get like 1/3 2 hits :/

Judge
16-06-04, 14:01
Indeed.

Dammit... I thought that was me getting better. :p

You going for oldschool no PA libby LTA? Or PA libby user?

Anyone selling any Titan armour on Saturn cheap?

LTA
16-06-04, 14:05

old skool heh

Only really could use pa for the small bonuses but i might use it from time to time but the main intention is VK mainly for mc tanks :S

alig
16-06-04, 14:06
lol

Go exe like all the other ex rolh pe's ?
or slasher em i spose...

i'd stay judge if they got rid of that fucking miss shite, where like 1 packet hits the other misses so i get like 1/3 2 hits :/

Dude judge is the best pistol in the game whatcha on about :D

I cant go exe or slasher because im 112 dex drugged on my rolh pe and there is NO way im taking that +3 dex drug every 10 seconds heh, exe is 113 and so is slasher :( i need an sa but i dont like taking a drug every 5 mins where as my current rolh setup i go to 108 dex when whiteflash goes...so i need a whiteflash every 10 mins as well as my other 3 :p

svenw
16-06-04, 14:14
just a good advise: if you like to fight in first view forget the Libbi. It's okay in 3rd but the recoil in 1st is redicules.

Judge
16-06-04, 14:53
Yup, definitely have to agree with sven on the third person issue. Libby is almost impossible to aim in first person.

LTA
16-06-04, 15:28
Yup, definitely have to agree with sven on the third person issue. Libby is almost impossible to aim in first person.gj i play all my chars in third then heh :D

BombShell
16-06-04, 20:39

hehe. i lommed my pe to rifle because everyone is goin pistol now :( so i hav to be diffrent :)

if u need a titan armor i can give u one. usally am on Nives so just DM or mail and ill get u one for free.

Saza
16-06-04, 20:52
Well, my liberator (4 slot all arti laserpointer/silencer explosive mod, I thank you, :p) is officially amazing for killing monks. It's not a bad gun, but compared to say the damage of the exec, RoF on the slasher or aiming on the RoLH, it's never been my weapon of choice.

Overall it's a sweet gun, but doesn't excel in any areas to make it viable :( .

El_MUERkO
16-06-04, 21:08
A good setup is a wyatt/libby combo, the big the tick damage of the wyatt up close will kill a monk quicker, not that i've played in a month or two so it could of been nerfed, un-nerfed adn then re-nerfed with KKs precision sledgehammer in that time.

ou7blaze
17-06-04, 00:20
I used to be a low-tech pe (never used stealth honest !!)...

i liked to use the xray lib and xray WE, i would load the target up with like 5 stacks+ of WE and then continue with lib, my lib aiming was good, and i was fast without any gimpage at all it was good, till i got introuduced to judge (i was better), tried lib and my aim was terrible :( ...

VetteroX
17-06-04, 02:54
All pistols aim faster because they got a range increase last patch. the longer a weapons range, and depending on what class of weapon it is, the faster it aims. However, the bullets still miss like crazy, its not uncommon to have only 2 bullets hit in a burst.

Drake6k
17-06-04, 03:06
All pistols aim faster because they got a range increase last patch. the longer a weapons range, and depending on what class of weapon it is, the faster it aims. However, the bullets still miss like crazy, its not uncommon to have only 2 bullets hit in a burst.

They may miss but it seems balanced.

VetteroX
17-06-04, 03:06
id rather less damage per bullet but it would hit more, its too random.

Koshinn
17-06-04, 03:17
A good setup is a wyatt/libby combo, the big the tick damage of the wyatt up close will kill a monk quicker, not that i've played in a month or two so it could of been nerfed, un-nerfed adn then re-nerfed with KKs precision sledgehammer in that time.

Wyatt was nerfed a lot. Does about 30% less damage pvp then before.

El_MUERkO
17-06-04, 13:21
hahahahaha, they boosted it what... 15% about 4 patches ago, real smooth kk :p

LTA
17-06-04, 13:54
Pity low tech really is starting to suck ass across the board...

I wanna see some not so low, low tech weapons :p

maybe another rare tl 97ish rifle that isn't tc, a Automatic Rare pistol, rare gats, i dunno just something a little more.

Painy Sucks...but i like it still for some reason

SynC_187
17-06-04, 14:39

Check your PM's