PDA

View Full Version : Psi combat 3

Ryuben
16-06-04, 10:47
SImple question does the comunity believe it should be self cast?

plz use the poll and post!

:)

]v[ortice
16-06-04, 10:48
[edited] talking shite

n3m
16-06-04, 10:49
why only psi 3?
and eled already did this

Phlith
16-06-04, 10:51
I think PSI 3 should be selfcast just like the rest of the buffs. To me it makes no sense why it isn't self-selfcastable, only fair thing to do is either make it selfcast or make all the other buffs unable to be cast upon oneself.

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 10:52
Would you like a PPU with the ability to fight back pretty well? No.

EDIT: Just a side-note, I can accept psi combat 1 to be self-cast, but anything higher then that and it get's silly. Holy Shelter, Holy Deflector and Holy Heal hybrid wielding a Holy Energy Halo is something I'd prefer not having possible.

IceStorm
16-06-04, 10:53
As a hybrid, I would like Psi Combat to be self-castable. The spell requirement changes have nerfed things enough.

Ryuben
16-06-04, 10:54
why only psi 3?
and eled already did this
because psi combat is the only spell afaik that can't be cast upon ur self.

YoDa-UK
16-06-04, 10:55
No.

Don't want a return of the old hybrids, this would be a start in that direction.

Phlith
16-06-04, 10:55

Thats a hybrid, not a ppu. PPU has no combat ability in psi, whereas a hybrid has a little of both, or some variation of that, but I'm sure you already knew that.

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 10:57
Thats a hybrid, not a ppu. PPU has no combat ability in psi, whereas a hybrid has a little of both, or some variation of that, but I'm sure you already knew that.Just an example, my lad.

Everyone knows that a PPU means "Something or someone which nearly can't be killed.". You could rewrite my sentence to say "Would you like someone with great defences, really good heal, and a Holy Energy Halo? No."

Menolak
16-06-04, 10:58
damn right it should come back, I want my Hybrid to ressuresct again, too, if this is a Christmas Wish list..lol

IceStorm
16-06-04, 10:59
because psi 3 is the only spell afaik that can't be cast upon ur self.What? Psi Combat 1 and 2 are selfcastable?

First I find out I have to tell my SC what to attack, now I find out I've been living without Psi Combat 1 for no reason. ARGH!

I don't care about Psi Combat 3 if 1/2 are selfcastable. I'll probably be going heavier on APU than PPU anyway. :-)

Ryuben
16-06-04, 10:59
Just an example, my lad.

Everyone knows that a PPU means "Something or someone which nearly can't be killed.". You could rewrite my sentence to say "Would you like someone with great defences, really good heal, and a Holy Energy Halo? No."

you ever been killed by a holy energy halo??

seriously??

great defenses ??
less then 300 % on a holy shelta ?
about the same ona holy heal??

lowl

yeah sure younever playeda hyb?

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 11:01
you ever been killed by a holy energy halo??

seriously??

lowlA PPU using an assault rifle can manage to kill people (No offence to you Genty ;) ), a Holy Energy Halo is a lot more painful.

Besides, the point is that you have someone who is nearly unkillable, who can slowly yet surely manage to kill you.

EDIT:

A 300% holy shelter/deflector is still good, as can be demonstrated by how much a foreign cast capped one improves a person's defences.

Ryuben
16-06-04, 11:02
youever tried this or u jsut going off the defence a PPU has

You _do_ know that a hyb has a exp 2+3 in so can u think of the - to resist force

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 11:03
youever tried this or u jsut going off the defence a PPU has

You _do_ know that a hyb has a exp 2+3 in so can u think of the - to resist forceI have tried it. Also, see my edit.

Also, buffs. Support Boost 3 allows you to spec nearly no transport, throw the rest in resist force, and check out what kind of damage reduction you get with a foreign cast holy deflector to get a reasonable idea of why the exp 2+3 do not matter.

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-04, 11:06
No.

Don't want a return of the old hybrids, this would be a start in that direction.

for once i agree :p don't need the old hybrids back.. their nerfing the spells so they need more apu and shit and then get psi 3 back.. erm makes 0 sence..

Phlith
16-06-04, 11:09
However isn't one hybrid who can selfcast a psi buff better than two hybrids running around psi buffing eachother, thats just asking for it there... :D

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 11:11
However isn't one hybrid who can selfcast a psi buff better than two hybrids running around psi buffing eachother, thats just asking for it there... :DThat is indeed currently possible, but most hybrids want to be a hybrid so they do not have to rely on others. So two hybrids in that case rather beats the point, not to mention they'd probably be outclassed by team consisting of a PPU and APU.

Mr_Snow
16-06-04, 11:18
Hybrids were origionally nerfed because they were overpowered and now people want to overpower them again?

Do hybrids want to be nerfed again?

No it shouldnt be self castable, if they want psi3 cast on them let them team with another hybrid or a ppu otherwuse they can do with melee.

Phlith
16-06-04, 11:26
Maybe all the other buffs should be foreign cast only as well? It "overpowers them" against the competition. :angel:

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 11:39
Maybe all the other buffs should be foreign cast only as well? It "overpowers them" against the competition. :angel:Hence why I edited in my original post above that psi combat booster 1 might need to become self-castable, to make it "fair" for the hybrids that they can use the level 1 boost for their skill like the other classes.

SorkZmok
16-06-04, 11:50
no
NO NO NO NO
Why do ppl want overpowered hybrids back? I dont get it.

Mr_Snow
16-06-04, 13:04
Maybe all the other buffs should be foreign cast only as well? It "overpowers them" against the competition. :angel:

How about we make psi combat 3 self-castable when all other classes can cast haz/heat 3 on themself and their level 3 combat buff aswell just to level the playing field.

Notice a slight difference between the buffs a hybrid would be able to cast and any other class could?

Phlith
16-06-04, 13:12
Maybe if they could spec for those buffs they should be able to cast them, oh wait they can't, so why shouldn't hybrids be able to cast a combat buff to aside the crap melee1 or whatever they spec for on themselves?

Edit: Even if PSI 1 or 2 or whatever is someday able to be selfcast again, its merely a useful combat buff similar to the RC, PC, HC, etc and be of more use than a few extra health points which should allow for people to make their setups just a little bit better if they so choose.

MjukisDjur
16-06-04, 14:07
How about we make psi combat 3 self-castable when all other classes can cast haz/heat 3 on themself and their level 3 combat buff aswell just to level the playing field.

Notice a slight difference between the buffs a hybrid would be able to cast and any other class could?

Well, not that many classes can do buffage 3 but ppus anyway... :)

Dribble Joy
16-06-04, 14:16
With PA switching and psi 3 self castable you can use holy buffs and HL.

So.... FUCK NO.

ezza
16-06-04, 14:49
psi 1 possibly 2 yes should be self castable.

i voted yes in eled and cannings thread, so i voted yes again here

slaughteruall
16-06-04, 14:52
Agree with ezza only psi 1 and 2 self castable.

Slaughter

Techi
16-06-04, 15:58
I believe psi combat is not self castable due to a potential exploit taking advantage of the extra MST it gives you.....at least that's my understanding of it.
In any case, there should not be a module that increases your ability to use modules....that's like making a pistol that gives you p-c. Self cast psi should only increase your ability to do other things.

Also, as it stands, I can do a blessed/beam hybrid setup that doesn't require experimental controllers, has about 4% pvp resists and can still do fairly good damage against people without psi attack 3. Now add Holy Lightning.

ezza
16-06-04, 15:59
I believe psi combat is not self castable due to a potential exploit taking advantage of the extra MST it gives you.....at least that's my understanding of it.
no it was made none selfcastable way back because it made hybrids super powered :D

the old hybrids that is

i dont concider it a xploit to use the mst on it, i mean i use the tech on my HC booster to use my doombeamer

LiL T
16-06-04, 16:08
I think PSI 3 should be selfcast just like the rest of the buffs. To me it makes no sense why it isn't self-selfcastable, only fair thing to do is either make it selfcast or make all the other buffs unable to be cast upon oneself.

Because it would be fukin overpowered can't say it better OK?

Gohei
16-06-04, 16:08
no...

Scikar
16-06-04, 16:11
Psi combat 1 maybe. Psi combat 3 definitely no. And good hybrid setups don't use exp 2+3 at all.

Menolak
16-06-04, 16:29
In any case, there should not be a module that increases your ability to use modules....that's like making a pistol that gives you p-c. Self cast psi should only increase your ability to do other things.

Although, I don't exactly agree (I wanna be God again ), that is definitely the most intelligent theory on this subject I've seen (no offense to anybody else, but you gotta admit, it makes sense..

Scikar
16-06-04, 16:31
MST isn't an issue with psi combat 3. You need to have enough MST to cast it in the first place. It's not the MST that people want to be able to cast it for, it's the APU.

Birkoff
15-07-04, 18:26
With PA switching and psi 3 self castable you can use holy buffs and HL.

So.... FUCK NO.

Have you thoguht about it? YOu know how gimped to shit that is?

Now we have the higher apu/ppu stats MST should be deleted again bring back pool from apu/ppu and higher the stats a little. :) MY wish list... back to when NC was a perfect game.

Genty
15-07-04, 18:30
A PPU using an assault rifle can manage to kill people (No offence to you Genty ;) ), a Holy Energy Halo is a lot more painful.

How would that be offensive? :D

Mr_Snow
15-07-04, 18:31
Now we have the higher apu/ppu stats MST should be deleted again bring back pool from apu/ppu and higher the stats a little. :) MY wish list... back to when NC was a perfect game.

How about no unless stats get raised further which just gimps low level people further, as you can tell I dont want blessed buffed energy beam, hybrids coming at me.

What do you want next hybrid pa or just that apu ps has no minus to ppu?

40$Poser
15-07-04, 18:32

EDIT: Just a side-note, I can accept psi combat 1 to be self-cast, but anything higher then that and it get's silly. Holy Shelter, Holy Deflector and Holy Heal hybrid wielding a Holy Energy Halo is something I'd prefer not having possible.

PPUs can already fight back in a non-PSI form, ever hear of a thing called melee? It's actually quite effective.

Neo LoneWolf
15-07-04, 18:42
Personally, I'd prefer *all* level 3 buffs to be foreign-cast only, and perhaps making all level 1 buffs self-cast only (leaving only level 2s to be both).

But hey, maybe I just get annoyed by the fact that monks going PPU get access to a large range of free skill points, just for the fact that they've gone PPU.

hivemind
15-07-04, 19:02
No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

[TgR]KILLER
15-07-04, 19:03
*cough* what about bringing threads back to live that are dead for ages ?

erm no btw.. it would only meen better / more hyrbids ;)

zii
16-07-04, 02:02
no
NO NO NO NO
Why do ppl want overpowered hybrids back? I dont get it.

Psi attack 1 2 and 3 were self cast but were made foreign cast to try and stop the overpowered hybrids.

This hybrid problem has been solved, although they are a little under powered for the moment.

Would not a self castable psi 2 would give them some oompf again?

My hybrid Lommed to PPU currently has gone very low low tech pistol, and its crap. I must try melee...

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 02:15
You don't wanna know what kinda setups I can pull off with PSI Combie 2 or 3 Self Castable.

Please only make balance suggestions when you're either;
A) Top of your class.
B) Know what you're doing with all the variables.

Xylaz
16-07-04, 02:27
If this really gives so much advantage, maybe make all other boosts non self-castable? Because right now there isnt any logic in this...

Gohei
16-07-04, 02:29
This hybrid problem has been solved, although they are a little under powered for the moment.

They are not. Look for a skilled one.

Sigma
16-07-04, 03:05
You don't wanna know what kinda setups I can pull off with PSI Combie 2 or 3 Self Castable.

Please only make balance suggestions when you're either;
A) Top of your class.
B) Know what you're doing with all the variables.Holy Shelter/Holy Deflector and Holy Lightning? (thats with PSI-Combat 3)

You should add that you could barely use the spells, because of the fact that you only had enough points for the requirements.

Meaning that you could not runcast ANY spell properly, meaning your are a turret.

Now most of you will say "Yeah but HH and Holy Shelter are powerful enough, even when not capped!"

Then I'll say "Ok, you would be a turret, with crappy HH and Holy Shelter, using a Holy Lightning, which would be at about 350-400% DMG.
You could use DBoost, uping the DMG a fair bit.
BUT if you want to heal midfight, you'd have to use a TL 3 Heal or Switch PA, which is if I have to remind you, not a good thing to do in a firefight."

All in all, a PSI-Combat 3-Hybrid would be good for about 2 minutes of fun in PP1, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh and btw. you would have about 224 PSI-Pool, when you are INT-capped...

And that's WITH Exp. PSI 2+3 :wtf:

Edit: Before anyone makes stupid assumpitions.

No, I never had a hybrid, nor do I have one atm, nor am I planing to LoM to hybrid EVER.

I'm a Tank-Player at heart, always been and always will be.

I may be playing my APU lately, but as you can see in my sig, he is using a Kamichip.

To make a long story short, I'm NOT a monklover, never been, never will be.

But I'd rather have more versatility in NC than seeing everybody run around with an APU/PPU-Team.

Candaman
16-07-04, 03:09
Holy Shelter/Holy Deflector and Holy Lightning? (thats with PSI-Combat 3)

You should add that you could barely use the spells, because of the fact that you only had enough points for the requirements.

Meaning that you could not runcast ANY spell properly, meaning your are a turret.

Now most of you will say "Yeah but HH and Holy Shelter are powerful enough, even when not capped!"

Then I'll say "Ok, you would be a turret, with crappy HH and Holy Shelter, using a Holy Lightning, which would be at about 350-400% DMG.
You could use DBoost, uping the DMG a fair bit.
BUT if you want to heal midfight, you'd have to use a TL 3 Heal or Switch PA, which is if I have to remind you, not a good thing to do in a firefight."

All in all, a PSI-Combat 3-Hybrid would be good for about 2 minutes of fun in PP1, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh and btw. you would have about 224 PSI-Pool, when you are INT-capped...

And that's WITH Exp. PSI 2+3 :wtf:

its more like 250 mana pool but that was what made me lom out of the setup and really that alone

Sigma
16-07-04, 03:15
its more like 250 mana pool but that was what made me lom out of the setup and really that alone
241 PSI-Pool after PSI-Combat 3, if you are only going after the requirements of the spells, got INT capped AND are using Exp. PSI 2 and 3

Not very viable in my opinion...

SorkZmok
16-07-04, 03:16
No, I never had a hybrid, nor do I have one atm, nor am I planing to LoM to hybrid EVER.

I'm a Tank-Player at heart, always been and always will be.

I may be playing my APU lately, but as you can see in my sig, he is using a Kamichip.

To make a long story short, I'm NOT a monklover, never been, never will be.

But I'd rather have more versatility in NC than seeing everybody run around with an APU/PPU-Team.So what are you doing here then? Making suggestions and giving setups and calling other ppls setup suggestions ccrap although you never even tried it yourself? o_O Get out of here.

Selfcast psi combat would be the spell that turns a pretty hard to beat hybrid into a nearly invincible one.

Sigma
16-07-04, 03:18
So what are you doing here then? Making suggestions and giving setups and calling other ppls setup suggestions ccrap although you never even tried it yourself? o_O Get out of here.

Selfcast psi combat would be the spell that turns a pretty hard to beat hybrid into a nearly invincible one.
Where did I say that the other suggestions are crap?

Gohei
16-07-04, 03:23
Holy Shelter/Holy Deflector and Holy Lightning? (thats with PSI-Combat 3)

Are u jusst assuming he ment the setup you came up with ?

SorkZmok
16-07-04, 03:23
Where did I say that the other suggestions are crap?
Complaining about setups having not enough mana, the dmg output would be too low, they couldnt runcast and stuff like that equals calling them crap for me.

Still, how do you know? You said you got no hybrid and never played one.

And also think about the fact that there might be more ways to setup a hybrid than the ones you can think of.

Sigma
16-07-04, 03:31
Are u jusst assuming he ment the setup you came up with ?
I assumed QD did a setup with either Energy Beam or HL.

Complaining about setups having not enough mana, the dmg output would be too low, they couldnt runcast and stuff like that equals calling them crap for me.

Still, how do you know? You said you got no hybrid and never played one.

And also think about the fact that there might be more ways to setup a hybrid than the ones you can think of.
First of all, I tested the setup I was talking about with the skillmanager.

Tommorow (better said today) I'll test the setup on the testserver and will post comments about it.

And if there are that much ways to setup a hybrid, than please show me one that would totally overpower hybrids, if they were able to cast PSI-Combat 3.

And btw. if critizising (sp?) a setup I made myself, is talking crap about other people, than I'm gonna apologize to myself right now...

Candaman
16-07-04, 03:38
241 PSI-Pool after PSI-Combat 3, if you are only going after the requirements of the spells, got INT capped AND are using Exp. PSI 2 and 3

Not very viable in my opinion...

its around that i know i could cast a antishelt with about 6 mana to spare

Shadow Dancer
16-07-04, 03:50
PSI 1 is fine. But I think PSI 2/3 would be overpowered.

..i..DemonX
16-07-04, 04:24
Kinda agree with Shadow, PSI 3 is realy a very good boost and like he says it will just overpower ppl. Cuz (i am not sure about) it (may) make u able to use HL or E-Beam with level 3 buffs and that hmm would be kinda the old Hybrid or? Well may not that good like them (cuz they mainly was PPU with APU offence to her time but not the point) but still a very powerfull Hybrid it will be.

QuantumDelta
16-07-04, 04:45
Sigma lets leave it at;
One of the "Less powerful" setups I have for a PSI Combat 3 world is;

EVERY PPU SPELL (Ok the ones useable with 280 mana).

Holy Energy Halo.
+ DB + Para = Bye Bye.

Jesterthegreat
16-07-04, 04:50
no. PPU's dont need it, hybrids will get a shocking boost from it.

just no.

Scikar
16-07-04, 05:03
Why is it that just when hybrids are about right, which is evident in the fact that there are plenty of them about, they start asking for more boosts?

ezza
16-07-04, 12:25
Why is it that just when hybrids are about right, which is evident in the fact that there are plenty of them about, they start asking for more boosts?
hybrids are greedy power hungry types :p

Menolak
16-07-04, 19:07
Before I LOM'ed my Hybrid into pure APU, he was using HL, damage boost..
I used to PvP with an APU friend that caps his hl/fa, it was usually fairly even, most of the time I'd win because of my better defences, or he would get me while I was damage boosting or (insert any other spell that takes a long time to cast)
All depends on the setup. kinda hard without a DS, though.

plague
16-07-04, 19:14
yea no shit, hybrids r just about right why ppl want to get boosts to get us nerfed again?? hell no, oltho i think psi combat 1 would not imbalance anything, just would geve us some boost when lvling.....

All depends on the setup. kinda hard without a DS, though.

non ds hybrid r just right not overpowered imho but still good defence and offence, with ds they r pain in the ass since with ds u can db and buff with out taking pa and still have diesent pool.....