PDA

View Full Version : Tanks in Review (16.06.04): Past, Present & Future

Siygess
16-06-04, 10:37
The purpose of this thread is to discuss everything to do with the Tank class - it's strengths, it's shortcomings, where it came from, where it's going, and perhaps more importantly - is that what you want? This isn't just a thread for balancing the classes, it's about what it will take to keep you playing this class for the next 12 months. Obviously this thread is inteded for people who play Tank characters, but everyone is welcome to comment as long as that comment is constructive and justified :D

I'd really like someone from KK to contribute to this thread and comment on the "official" view of the class, but I doubt that will happen unless we get the discussion going. So lets start talking, and we'll see if KK takes notice :)

Mods - Any chance this thread could be sticky-ed?

YoDa-UK
16-06-04, 11:19
Hmm what can i say about tanks.

Melee - about time its been sorted out, at long last a viable class to play.

HC - Remove at least one of the AoE, maybe the Doombeamer, and add instead a new rare for the grenade launcher as a AoE type weapon, being able to fire it in the air to arch over a wall is excellent and should be put in asap.

Melee PA is kinda wierd, taking a hit to HC is not really a worth while penalty, while HC PA hurts your ATH, Melee Pa doesn't, and yet speed is one of the most important things to both classes, but when moving with a weapon out for HC tanks, you are next to slug speed anyway. I think a change to the penatly for Melee PA should be thought about.

I think i would like to see a new use for the tank, without adding in more weapons all the time, we know they are the grunt of the army, but there must be something more to them.

Clownst0pper
16-06-04, 11:27
The H-C PA should only remove melee.

All AOE damage should be raised considerably, and the ROF of them increased, the reticle should also be removed - where you point your AOE, that is where the "shot" will hit - more accuracy.

Tanks speed reduction when a cannon is drawn should be reduced

The Ravager should have its TL raised, and have a bonus to damage when used from a distance.

Add H-C eyes : Is it not only fair?

All in all, H-C tanks are still bloody good, however its become a fine line, between melee and H-C, Id like to see H-C have the above improvements.

Siygess
16-06-04, 11:35
Certainly implementing a set of H-C eyes, combined with the H-C implants in the PE (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101351) thread would give H-C tanks a better choice of implants and raise the Tanks max main stat (without drugs and PA) to 126.

formori
16-06-04, 11:56
Eyes deffently, but also gloves that give bonuses to H-C or M-C would be good

but armour with diffent paint jobs so you can look a little diffrent eg flames etc

ezza
16-06-04, 12:23
The H-C PA should only remove melee.

All AOE damage should be raised considerably, and the ROF of them increased, the reticle should also be removed - where you point your AOE, that is where the "shot" will hit - more accuracy.

Tanks speed reduction when a cannon is drawn should be reduced

The Ravager should have its TL raised, and have a bonus to damage when used from a distance.

Add H-C eyes : Is it not only fair?

All in all, H-C tanks are still bloody good, however its become a fine line, between melee and H-C, Id like to see H-C have the above improvements.what this guy said^

subsys
16-06-04, 14:14
gotta go with koro on this one, he has hit the nail on the head

Dribble Joy
16-06-04, 14:17
Reduce CS to it's pre 'weapon dmg fuck up' patch lvl and halve runspeed loss.

That would be a step in the right direction.

Scikar
16-06-04, 16:25
Reduce CS to it's pre 'weapon dmg fuck up' patch lvl and halve runspeed loss.

That would be a step in the right direction.
It would also leave Exec and Slasher being more powerful than CS, and Tanks and PEs effectively becoming almost identical. I don't think CS deserves changing now given that Exec/Slasher/RoLH PEs are now in the majority. I would like to see something that separates Tanks and PEs more though. It does feel odd using heavy weapons while running about. Perhaps if Tanks were only able to walk with weapons drawn and for a few seconds after putting a weapon away, but had S/D built into their PA they would feel right. Though that leads to the deflector belt bug at OP wars...