PDA

View Full Version : Making Recycle actually worth having.

Shujin
16-06-04, 01:38
Atm Weapon parts can be BP'd and constructed, or they can be made by recycling 2 wp's to get a higher 1.

Well how about making it so that if you have TL 120+ Recycle you can combine a certain number of WP10's and it will create a random tech part.

i just want recycle to be a skill worth gettin ;[... should be some use for it and im hoping there will be some more new weapon recipies through it.

naimex
16-06-04, 01:43
ammo, doy eyes, psi boosters, newbie armor, a few weapons...

you can save a lot of money by having recycle.. but besides that....

itīs useless I will agree to that.

Shujin
16-06-04, 01:45
well i mean that theres no point in having over 40 recycle. i think recycle should be another tradeskill just as important as construction, research, implanting, and repair O_o...

amfest
16-06-04, 01:58
get rid of weapon parts/vehicleparts buyable in stores .. bring back mining tool .. have people with recycle able to mine the stuff to create a weapon part out of certain objects . . whcih are only minable with down time before you can mine it again. So recycle people can use a recipe to bring together weapon/vehicle parts. Or something along that line. The highest level parts require alot more recycle skill to create.

have it when you salvage a rare weapon depending on your skill you have a chance to get back a broken piece like smashed hull and so on. Then you can take these pieces and have a chance of creating random rares made from the pieces you collect. These rares if made will look different like have a different model or like instead of firing green plasma it's reddish in color. Something that's just different and cool :p

Max Jefferson
16-06-04, 02:00
Recycling could use a more recipes, but I don't think it's useless, especially now you can recycle parts to higher parts.

Being able to turn anything constructable, like a number of weapon part 10s, into rare parts would result in everyone and their goldfish weilding fresh rare weapons overnight.

Perhaps a few new weapons (other then your lazar stuff) being recycle only. High tl stuff, maybe a "Reclaimed warbot cannon" or a "Crahn grim fire lance". Something to make high level recycling worth it. Maybe even being able to reclaim 50-75% of a rare weapon's rare parts by getting a high level recycler to recycle it.

Benjie
16-06-04, 02:03
A random Tech Part makes no sence.

Although I think Reaktor should make some skill 100 recepies. Perhaps even some skill 120 recipies.

Shujin
16-06-04, 02:04
Recycling could use a more recipes, but I don't think it's useless, especially now you can recycle parts to higher parts.

Being able to turn anything constructable, like a number of weapon part 10s, into rare parts would result in everyone and their goldfish weilding fresh rare weapons overnight.

Perhaps a few new weapons (other then your lazar stuff) being recycle only. High tl stuff, maybe a "Reclaimed warbot cannon" or a "Crahn grim fire lance". Something to make high level recycling worth it. Maybe even being able to reclaim 50-75% of a rare weapon's rare parts by getting a high level recycler to recycle it. not really because it takes alot of money to make 1 wp10, and if it took lets say 9 wp10's to make 1 RANDOM rare then it would be very hard to have "fresh rare weapons overnight"

Max Jefferson
16-06-04, 02:07
not really because it takes alot of money to make 1 wp10, and if it took lets say 9 wp10's to make 1 RANDOM rare then it would be very hard to have "fresh rare weapons overnight"Yeah, but how many clans out there have 100+ mil in their banks? And how long does it take to make a WP10?

I could see clans with 2 or more constructors and 1 good recycler making 500 rare parts a day using a method like that.

Soothsayer
16-06-04, 02:12
get rid of weapon parts/vehicleparts buyable in stores .. bring back mining tool .. have people with recycle able to mine the stuff to create a weapon part out of certain objects . . whcih are only minable with down time before you can mine it again. So recycle people can use a recipe to bring together weapon/vehicle parts. Or something along that line. The highest level parts require alot more recycle skill to create.

I really like this idea, but it would require player run shops first. I would hate to see constructors spamming the channels trying to buy parts.

Marx
16-06-04, 02:15
I think you should have a line of recycle weapons/armor that works alongside the standard lineup.

IceStorm
16-06-04, 03:22
i just want recycle to be a skill worth gettin ;Did you not read the last set of patch notes? Do you not know about the DoY eyes made only out of recycled material found on the DoY mobs in the tunnels? Do you not know that there is actually a clan that buys broken vehicle keys for the sole purpose of salvaging them?

Hello? Recycling got a big boost last patch. It's going to get better from the looks of it. Rome wasn't built in a day...

get rid of weapon parts/vehicleparts buyable in stores All this does is make recycling necessary for prototypes. Once someone has WP1-10 made, they can BP and build at will.

Unless you're suggesting we make WP1-10 unresearchable and unbuildable. If you're suggesting that, you have never tried to build for slots. Building for slots takes hundreds, if not thousands of parts per build run. Recycling all that is not possible in NC, not even with the old junk rate. I can powerbuild parts far faster than I can make them out of any type of junk that drops in NC at this point in time.

not really because it takes alot of money to make 1 wp10It takes 10k NC to make one WP10 from chems bought at Cryton's. Barterer can get that down to the 5k-6k level. It's not expensive.
And how long does it take to make a WP10?About 20 seconds for my 135 RES/114 INT Spy. 15 or so to research and 5 or so to drag bp into the processor and drag part out (if you bother to drag one out). Build time on a WP10 is instantaneous (or nearly so) for a quality capped constructor (I've 145 CST/109 INT/121 DEX when building).

Yes, I time this stuff. When one has to crank out 600 parts to build 100 weapons, one needs to know how long the prep time is going to take. Thank goodness I have a TV to watch and a second display to surf or IRC on while I perform these mind-numbing tasks.

Shujin
16-06-04, 04:03
ice... i said if they were no longer bpable it would take a while to make 1 wp10 and cost a good amount.

amfest
16-06-04, 04:09
Unless you're suggesting we make WP1-10 unresearchable and unbuildable. If you're suggesting that, you have never tried to build for slots. Building for slots takes hundreds, if not thousands of parts per build run. Recycling all that is not possible in NC, not even with the old junk rate. I can powerbuild parts far faster than I can make them out of any type of junk that drops in NC at this point in time.
OMG people with unlimited funds can't just powerbuild!! to get that 4-5 slot weapon/spell

:rolleyes:

IceStorm
16-06-04, 04:17
i said if they were no longer bpable Re-read your posts. You never said that. Nor did amfest for that matter.

And in any event, it wouldn't matter (unless you made ALL parts unresearchable). Even if 10 couldn't be built, it still only takes two 9's, which only take four 8s, which only take eight 7's.

I have all the weaponpart chem/retail pricing in a spreadsheet (including substance costs). Each weaponpart higher in TL costs double the weaponpart before it (both chem pricing and straight part pricing), meaning that to build a 10 out of two 9's costs the same as building a 10 outright, each 9 costs the same as two 8's to build outright, etc, etc, etc. It's a linear scale. All it would take is more TIME. What you're suggesting is a timesink, not a true use for recycling.

And this:
well i mean that theres no point in having over 40 recycle.is a lie. Salvaging vehicle keys is a big reason to have more than 40 recycle. With the last patch, the DoY eyes are a reason to have more than 40 recycle. If you want to clone ALL ammo, you need more than 40 recycle.

Salvaging and DoY eyes can't be substituted with research or construction. Cloning ammo is a whole lot faster than building it, not to mention more useful out in the field.

OMG people with unlimited funds can't just powerbuild!! to get that 4-5 slot weapon/spell Right now, neither you nor Shujin have suggested making all parts unbuildable. As it stands, I bulk build my weaponparts from CHEMS (although not the 1's since the patch made them quite cheap).

Shujin
16-06-04, 04:20
have u ever salvaged a vch key ;P

i just salvaged a hovertech key and got utter shit ( TL 133 reycle )

LiL T
16-06-04, 04:22
You know it would be really cool if every thing had to be built from junk and only the items blue prints can be bought

IceStorm
16-06-04, 04:23
i just salvaged a hovertech key and got utter shit Then I guess you don't have the magic touch (or not enough recycle). They were paying 10k NC for each broken key last I checked.
You know it would be really cool if every thing had to be built from junkNo, really, it wouldn't. It would be a way to add a huge timesink to the game, that's all.

Shujin
16-06-04, 04:25
Then I guess you don't have the magic touch (or not enough recycle). They were paying 10k NC for each broken key last I checked.No, really, it wouldn't. It would be a way to add a huge timesink to the game, that's all.i just said i had 133 recycle....

IceStorm
16-06-04, 04:28
i just said i had 133 recycle...And I said you may not have enough. Last time I checked, 133 CST meant someone was a lightweight.

You're the one who wants Recycle to be the same as RES/CST. Put your points where your mouth is. Come back when you get up to 170-200 recycle.

amfest
16-06-04, 04:32
err he said a hovertech key . . . there should be some alright results with taht much recycle skill. Now if it was a rhino/apc/trike or something then i'd understand needed alot more recycle skill to salavage like 170 or more but come on .. a hovertech. With 133 research I could research my own techs except for Es. And that's far more valuble than salvaging a hovertech key.

IceStorm
16-06-04, 04:42
err he said a hovertech key . . . there should be some alright results with taht much recycle skill.First, he didn't list his DEX. Recycle is 30% DEX.

Second, a Hovertec is a TL67 item. I don't know if you've been reading or not, but while a CST skill of 120/DEX 100/INT 100 may quality cap a TL67 item, it may not provide the best slot chances (as we've recently learned). Who is to say the same sort of thing does not apply to recycling? Anyone who's done salvaging of items knows that one needs far more recycle than 2x TL of item to get decent stuff out of the salvage operation...
With 133 research I could research my own techs except for Es. You'll fail/break your L's from time to time and fail/break your T's even more - I know, I've done it.
And that's far more valuble than salvaging a hovertech key.That's entirely dependent on what parts you get out of your research attempts and a whole lot of the valuable stuff is E-part based, not T/L-part based. On top of that, I don't expect many go to a 130-ish researcher to do tech parts. Even I wait for a lab to open before I'll do my own parts...

The big money, the fame, the glory for RES and CST is at the 170+ level with maxed influencing stats (INT, DEX).

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 05:44
How about upping the Dex exp for recycling....that would make it worth something. Last time I cloned a shitload of drugs I didn't even notice my dex exp move.

Richard Blade
16-06-04, 07:06
I'd love to see them expand recycle output to help broaden the game.
But, techparts just seems a bit much.

What is the DoY eye comprised of?
What's it do?

IceStorm
16-06-04, 07:21
There are various tradeskill eyes that can be (or were able to be) created from the junk that drops off the mobs in the tunnels. There is/was a repair, recycle, construction, and research eye, I believe (not sure if there were multiple levels of each or not). The repair one is +1 DEX and +10 repair with no requirements, if I recall the stats on the one I bought correctly.

Sorontar
16-06-04, 09:17
Recycle is cool at the moment , especially the salvage side of it ............. the only thing that bugs me is you cannot salvage gamonin from anything ( evidently ).

Wanting rares from the skill is just greedy.........

Give me more interesting recipes like we have just had and I'll be like a pig in muck ............

Spikadelia
16-06-04, 13:11
Having recently made a dedicated CST/REC runnner this is an interesting thread.

I hope that the Recycling skill is going to be developed further, and yes I think with a high enough salvage skill you should be able to retrieve a few tech parts from a built rare item. The amount salvaged dependent on skill (above 150) but not getting back more than half the number of parts taken to build the item.

Even possibly generating higher TL rare parts in the way you take two VC9's to make a VC10 with a similar a rule of thumb along the lines takes two L techs to make a T, two T's to make an E.

;)

winnoc
16-06-04, 13:45
Ok, here's how i wold like to see it:

NO recycling C10's into rare parts. Go hunt for them. Period.

NO recycling two L's to T's etc.....

You salvage something, you get some of the parts that were put into building it. The amount you get back depends on the salvage skill you have; but you have to be at least the TL of the weapon, and then you get back only one part too.
You salvage parts, it turns in the it's makeup chems the same way.

Recycling, for instance drugs..... The higher your recycle skill the more output you get. Right now it seems there's no point in going over the tl of the drugs as you get the exact same amount as a high level recycler.

And yes, it would be cool to have mining back into the game. You could have clans that specialize in mining at the op's they hold. You mine "ore" from the rocks in the area and you recycle the ore into the chems.

Max Jefferson
16-06-04, 14:01
Or as well as ore being recyclable into chems (say 1 ore makes 25-50 chems), you could also have ore as a really high efficiency junk, like high tl junk from the DoY or warbots, so you could make ammo and drugs really quickly with it.

sir retail
16-06-04, 14:03
And yes, it would be cool to have mining back into the game. You could have clans that specialize in mining at the op's they hold. You mine "ore" from the rocks in the area and you recycle the ore into the chems.

Didn't know that was in the game

sound really gr8..

can we do this plz plz plz..

amfest
16-06-04, 14:06
no no .. ore shoudln't be cloning material :rolleyes:

And it would still require a recipe of different types of ore to create things anyhow. And if you can create a lot it should be depandant on your skill .. the more skill you have the more you can create but not outrageous numbers.

oh well I guess we'l just have to wait and see if they adjust it anymore before BDOY

Gohei
16-06-04, 16:10
Drugs can still be cloned, right ?

naimex
16-06-04, 19:07
Drugs can still be cloned, right ?

they should be...

they stated in some patch note, that they wanted to increase PtP-Trading with drugs..