PDA

View Full Version : Why cant names in chatwindow be clickable?

ZnARk
15-06-04, 22:43
Some retard with a gazilion "|" as his name was flodding the chat like mad on uranus.
I tried to count the damn | but gave up.
Why cant names be like names in local? Just klick em and *poff* they are are copied to the line to add buddies or ignore ppl etc.

amfest
15-06-04, 22:55
actually a better request would be why can't there be some sort of name filter that prevents names like that to be created. Also a font fix so certain characters don't look like others. Makes it difficult to put those in DM or what not.

Jest
15-06-04, 23:04
Some retard with a gazilion "|" as his name was flodding the chat like mad on uranus.
I tried to count the damn | but gave up.
Why cant names be like names in local? Just klick em and *poff* they are are copied to the line to add buddies or ignore ppl etc. Thatd be awesome. Especially for responding for people who direct you. 5 stars!!!

Heavyporker
15-06-04, 23:08
shit, someone beat me to posting this idea... :(

just remembered I had to post the idea, been talking about it on pluto for couple weeks now...

definely a MUST-IMPLEMENT idea!

And that name filter too.

Maarten
15-06-04, 23:13
Name filter!

ou7blaze
15-06-04, 23:13
Man that guy was annoying i couldn't mute him, why isn't there an option to mute someone when u right clikc on them ??? doesn't make sense ...

BTW someone found out his name was 11 i's and 12 l's or something ... wtf

ou7blaze
15-06-04, 23:14
btw i think nc needs a slight font change

i can't tell when people type :

:) or ;)

SorkZmok
15-06-04, 23:16
Man that guy was annoying i couldn't mute him, why isn't there an option to mute someone when u right clikc on them ??? doesn't make sense ...

BTW someone found out his name was 11 i's and 12 l's or something ... wtf
11 i's and 20 L's. As soon as i said that, he changed the char to something similar.

Hell, saturn goes down and uranus is overrun by fucktards. Pkers like mad, assholes spamming trade, damn this sucked.

Thats why ppl refer to saturn as the "asshole-server". Its actually true. o_O

korben4leeloo
15-06-04, 23:19
Why cant names be like names in local? Just klick em and *poff* they are are copied to the line to add buddies or ignore ppl etc.

Cos KK are the kings of Game Design and ergonomics. Don't you know that ?

ou7blaze
15-06-04, 23:20
well uranus has had no problems server wise for a long time anway, even pluto has and it has like 20 ppl online sometimes lol..

i haven't tried venus before, might be the new destination for me :)

i hope that guy is banned btw, i had to stop my trading and mute trade NC just becase of that tard...

SorkZmok
15-06-04, 23:25
Well i think i made nidhogg show up on trade-nc, a bit late but he shouldve got that asshole.
Dont ask how though, threads gone already anyhow. :lol:

/edit
Dont think venus is safe, some time ago i was playing on venus, it was fine till some fucks from pluto thought it'd be funny to start a pk clan and ninjahack all ops. o_O

Nidhogg
15-06-04, 23:29
Take screenies and send them to abuse@neocron.com, please. People can and do get temp-banned for spamming...

N

SilentEye
15-06-04, 23:30
"Send complaints here and we'll count the stripes for you!"

lol..

No really when I right click someone I have a "Mute Runner" option. Is that just me?

SorkZmok
15-06-04, 23:32
"Send complaints here and we'll count the stripes for you!"

lol..

No really when I right click someone I have a "Mute Runner" option. Is that just me?Yeah, but try finding some 0/2 noob in his apartment whose name you cant spell...

-FN-
15-06-04, 23:41
5 Stars.

Names in the LOCAL list or in the beginning of the chat window should be right-clickable with the same options as if you walked up to them and right-clicked, minus the trade option.

t0tt3
15-06-04, 23:55
Also a font fix so certain characters don't look like others.

Are you for real? :wtf: O_o o_O *no there are 3 diffrent smilies* :rolleyes:

alig
16-06-04, 00:03
That guy was a fucking idiot...if i find out his saturn char im going to log my ppu and freeze the twat all day.

Jest
16-06-04, 00:22
Also a font fix so certain characters don't look like others. Makes it difficult to put those in DM or what not.
Iorghe once mentioned he was changing the font for BDoY so that very problem will be solved when it hits.

-=BlackBeard=-
16-06-04, 20:12
i love it *****

Odin
16-06-04, 20:15
Name filter!
It's coming.

Saza
16-06-04, 20:55
It's coming.
Sweet :D .

Heavyporker
17-06-04, 10:12
Most excellent.

Now back to topic. How about continuing to vote up the "click-on-name-in-chat-window-and-add-to-f1-window-for-options"?

We also need a catchier name for this function as well.

How about the "Deadbeat Mute Hammer"?

darknessfairy
17-06-04, 10:17
Yes i agree.... its not only all the people with names like 11111llllllIIIIIIIII but its names that are like half an hour long...
peopledothissothat peopletakeforevertowritethenameinandcantspellitrightanyways

Xaru
17-06-04, 10:24
Thatd be awesome. Especially for responding for people who direct you. 5 stars!!!
Just pres CTRL-D to reply to someone who just directed you. Pressing CTRL-D several times rotates through the last 3 direct names.

Would be nice, if KK could make sure that those three are distinct, because atm if someone directs you, then someone else directs you 3 times, the first name is gone.

Regards
Xaru

ichinin
17-06-04, 10:54
Thats why ppl refer to saturn as the "asshole-server". Its actually true. o_O

I call it "retard-server", but that's probably just me. Not funny haveing to mute OOC and TRADE-NC because of spammers when Saturn goes down.

n3m
17-06-04, 11:04
you can already click someone in local and it appears in Direct, buddy and local. That is already really handy, chat would be even better :)

Jackie Chan
17-06-04, 12:04
yeah bretty

Original monk
17-06-04, 12:10
I call it "retard-server", but that's probably just me. Not funny haveing to mute OOC and TRADE-NC because of spammers when Saturn goes down.

if you play the retard-server yourself, like i do, then you have a build in spamfilter in youre head :)

i dont think about the spam anymore, it doesnt bother me cause i yust dont read it, i read it but it yust passes my mind witouth toughts, auto-ignore lets say :)

when ya wonna trade you focus on the trades, not on the people havin a nice chat on the tradechannel :)

sumtimes (especially in the morning on weekdays when ya got a day off) its even really cosey on the tradechannel, having a chat with the few people online on those quiet mornings :)

but youre right, ya can chat on ooc also, even better true DM :)

but i do understand what ya dislike: the ones whining how uber they are and how petetic there enemy's are :) how much they own themselves and how much there enemy's are nerds, zergs, nibs and i dunno what all :)

but ya get used to it, after a while ya ignore everything that ya think is BS anyway :) and automatically :)

also: clicking on chat so the players name appears would come in handy yeah :)

would be cool when ya wonna trade some parts with Apu Nahasapeemapetilon on saturn or whne ya wonna direct Tir`quatill or even one of my mates irl here who got this funny name: q=)>< how he came up with it i dunno

n3m
17-06-04, 15:22
q=)>< how he came up with it i dunnoits a little guy with a baseball cap on ;)
q is the cap, =) is the face and >< are the arms and legs
:)

Jest
17-06-04, 16:17
Just pres CTRL-D to reply to someone who just directed you. Pressing CTRL-D several times rotates through the last 3 direct names.

Would be nice, if KK could make sure that those three are distinct, because atm if someone directs you, then someone else directs you 3 times, the first name is gone.

Regards
Xaru Yah Ive been told that but its never worked for me for some reason. Probably because I remapped both d and ctrl, any idea what each value corresponds to in the 'ini' file?

ezza
17-06-04, 16:51
its a little guy with a baseball cap on ;)
q is the cap, =) is the face and >< are the arms and legs
:)
lmao i was trying to figure that out the other day

edit: would the name filter stop names like

Ezza.
-=Ezza=-
.Ezza

etc.

Xaru
17-06-04, 17:13
Yah Ive been told that but its never worked for me for some reason. Probably because I remapped both d and ctrl, any idea what each value corresponds to in the 'ini' file?

Hehe, i think it was ALT-D anyway. But you can change it by using the contoloptions menu before you enter NC. There you can set the action-Button, which is ALT for me, then you can change the other commands below, by JUST pressing the appropriate key. The Actioncommand key will be appended automatically.

Regards
Xaru