PDA

View Full Version : KK/Dev's what have you done?

YoDa-UK
15-06-04, 21:55
I would like to know some sort of answer as to whatever you have done since yesterday "June 15th 2004" with this secret nerf to the repair XP gains, that was obviously being, what you term as a "exploit".

The annoucement was made here - Repair XP nerf (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101227)

As we have not seen a patch for this, i was wondering how you went about fixing such a problem, I ask this question for a reason, not because you should have left this in, but as something has gone wrong with the server "Saturn" due to this secret fix, the fix was put in yesterday, and since then the server has been terrible to play on, more than the normal amount of tollerated bugs, syncing and such that we all put up with.

So do you have a simple answer or a complex one that I could get on this, as its obviously cocked up something here.

Thx in advance.

Dribble Joy
15-06-04, 21:56
Yet all the other servers are fine.....

VVerevvolf
15-06-04, 21:57
The repair XP were reduced on all servers... only saturn is borked...
Now try to use your brain and figure your question out yourself.
I really wish ppl would think before opening threads...

Archeus
15-06-04, 21:57
and since then the server has been terrible to play on, more than the normal amount of tollerated bugs, syncing and such that we all put up with.

Probably some kind of logging put in to catch the sploiters.

Genty
15-06-04, 21:59
Probably some kind of logging put in to catch the sploiters.

Yeah and it keeps overloading :lol:

Nidhogg
15-06-04, 21:59
There was a change. There was an announcement. How is that "secret"?

N

YoDa-UK
15-06-04, 22:01
Yes and people say its only saturn, well Raybob brought up a topic about Saturn database being corrupt, can in someway this "fix" have created a bad effect to that? there has to be a reason for it, and the "fix" put in yesterday is the exact time it started to screw up, so you explain it to me then clever clogs.

Freeejumper
15-06-04, 22:01
There was a change. There was an announcement. How is that "secret"?

N
the announcment was after it and some poor exploiters bought nanites for millions hahaha :P *sings* exploiters will never win :angel:

tiikeri
15-06-04, 22:04
K Niddy, can u deny that somebody has done something really badly wrong?

Or if it's not anybodys fault then what has caused these unwelcomed bugs in these last 2 days? Hardware problem?

I think everybody would like to have some sort of "situation explanation".

Nidhogg
15-06-04, 22:07
For God's sakes Jim, I'm a moderator not a developer!

N

Shadow Dancer
15-06-04, 22:08

N

Geek. :p

MjukisDjur
15-06-04, 22:10

N

the kids wont understand this...
only us old people :)

tiikeri
yeayea.. but so far, u know much more than we do :)

QuantumDelta
Pwn it Nidd, you know you want to :p

I would like to ask about the truth behind the complaints of Trade skilling bringing in Fall XP all around.

Nidhogg
15-06-04, 22:13
The minute I have any information that I can share, you'll be the first to know.

N

P.S. No that doesn't mean I have any information I can't share. :p

RayBob
15-06-04, 22:15
To me, the fix for the repairing exploit could be as simple as not giving experience unless the item is damaged.

YoDa-UK
15-06-04, 22:16

Yes yes and i didn't like that older version anyway, Next Gen was better, did i say that out loud? :eek:

But obviously you or someone else who visits these forums working for KK are in a better position than myself or other general players to get a answer from a Dev or someone in the know.

Did the Fix mess up Saturn more than it should, and is Saturn's database corrupt ?

Any of the above or is there another reason why Saturn is completely screwed and needs daily rebooting? Is there a Fat guy sitting there talking on MSN to some dodgey bird who calls herself Brenda, but is really a great big fat hairy 16 st guy having a laugh, and is the fat guy spilling his coffee all over saturns little hardware in his excitement?

Just a theory of mine.

YoDa-UK
15-06-04, 22:46
And lo, we see yonder post fall into the depths of hell, alongside such posts as "whine and more whine" and classics like "pwned by Nid"

But wait, what is this i see, light at the end of the tunnel? a bump you say sir?

Thank the gods we are saved!!

:o

Shujin
15-06-04, 23:00
Yes yes and i didn't like that older version anyway, Next Gen was better, did i say that out loud? :eek:
deep space nine > all of em

Shadow Dancer
15-06-04, 23:24
deep space nine > all of em

You must be joking. :p

Next Gen was the leetest of them all. Every character kicked ass. I loved Riker and Picard. I should get the series dvd, if they have it.

ZoomZoom
15-06-04, 23:27
i dont no the expolit but i think mc5 implants where repaied over and over for xp because no one cares about the conition of the dimiion splitter :lol:

Shujin
15-06-04, 23:29
You must be joking. :p

Next Gen was the leetest of them all. Every character kicked ass. I loved Riker and Picard. I should get the series dvd, if they have it.well the older ones did but the ones when it was first created sucked total and utter ass dude. such bad camera quality and shit @_@ and they are ALL sweaty so im betting they were recording it in a run down no air conditioned studio ;P

Shadow Dancer
15-06-04, 23:33
well the older ones did but the ones when it was first created sucked total and utter ass dude. such bad camera quality and shit @_@ and they are ALL sweaty so im betting they were recording it in a run down no air conditioned studio ;P

Usually the first couple of episodes for each Star Trek wasn't that great.

I *hate* Enterprise. What a dissapointment. :(

Shujin
15-06-04, 23:53

yea ;/ sux total ass... not to mention its on UPN of all stations... should have contracted w/ Sci-fi like stargate did. stargate > all ;O was kinda upset that they were makin a new stargate but im actually look forward to it now.

;]

steweygrrr
15-06-04, 23:58
Geek. :p

Irony: NC player calling Trekker geek :P

and DS9 > all

Shadow Dancer
15-06-04, 23:59

and DS9 > all

Battle of TEH dorks. :p

Shujin
16-06-04, 00:29

and DS9 > all*claps*

i never really considered my self a trekkie O_o but i watch it about 4 times a day now that its on Spike TV O_o...

my schedule:

come home from school and

10:00am - Sliders on Sci-fi.
11:00am - McGuyver on Spike TV
Noon - Seven Days on Spike TV
1:00pm - Startrek DS9 on Spike TV
2:00pm - Startrek TGN on Spike TV

then i goto work/school again and when i come home

8:00pm - Startrek DS9 on Spike TV
9:00pm - Startrek TGN on Spike TV

if i dont have late work / school then

6:00pm - Stargate SG1 on Sci-fi
7:00pm - Stargate SG1 on Sci-fi
8:00pm - Stargate SG1 on Sci-fi
9:00pm - Stargate SG1 on Sci-fi
10:00pm - Stargate SG1 on Sci-fi

with that muchs targate i usually forget about startrek

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 00:41
To me, the fix for the repairing exploit could be as simple as not giving experience unless the item is damaged.
I agree, but fixing it so that ppl can't exploit it now was the right move. I saw several ppl exploiting this over the weekend and it just made me sick.
I'm fine with some of the other "exploitz" that use the mobs AI in your favor, but buying 1000's of nanites and taping your mouse down or using a macro to level is just sad :mad: Lazy-ass bastages :rolleyes:

seraphian
16-06-04, 01:20
you know what...

as long as there are people playing there will always be exploits...

I really could care less if there are people capping too easily, all I know is that my favorite server is fucked, and my monk (who's sole method of levelling dex is M-C in the sewers, which takes for-bloody-ever with a PPU, and repairing) got fucked over once again by KK...

and thanks to everyone out there posting the exploit, so now there's no CHANCE that KK can remove the nerf or by the time they implement a fix, everyone everywhere will have capped dex...

and using mob AI to your advantage is not exploiting (most of the time... there are exceptions where it's just too easy) it's called TACTICS

Candaman
16-06-04, 02:25
you know what...

I really could care less if there are people capping too easily, all I know is that my favorite server is fucked, and my monk (who's sole method of levelling dex is M-C in the sewers, which takes for-bloody-ever with a PPU, and repairing) got fucked over once again by KK...

and thanks to everyone out there posting the exploit, so now there's no CHANCE that KK can remove the nerf or by the time they implement a fix, everyone everywhere will have capped dex...

and using mob AI to your advantage is not exploiting (most of the time... there are exceptions where it's just too easy) it's called TACTICS

lol what are u talking about people didn't need to mention the exploit all the had to do was go outside oz subway station and see the 60 people huddled round a rhino

Benjie
16-06-04, 02:36

I thought the same at first.
It's growing on me though.

I like the English Guy, and the Elf woman. You know what I mean.

Sleeperx
16-06-04, 03:32
Saturn has had serious issues for a couple of days. People have lost entire gogo inventories etc. Worst of all I think, peeps have gone to bed FA/PP etc and woke up in other factions. Highly entertanining for those not afected but quite upsetting for those involved. :lol:

Underground
16-06-04, 04:00
Saturn has had serious issues for the last 18 months...

Moofausa
16-06-04, 04:36
you put the repair skill in, you buy nanites, you spend boring hours on hours of repairing a tank therefor cost you another 550k and its an exploit ? leveling boring is exploiting? chaos caving is exploiting? killing LC's is exploiting? playing this game is exploiting ???? :wtf:

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 05:24
you put the repair skill in, you buy nanites, you spend boring hours on hours of repairing a tank therefor cost you another 550k and its an exploit ?
If you don't think taping your mouse down for 2 days and capping dex is an exploit then....

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 05:29
you know what...

Well you know what....
fuck it! lets just have everyone capped from the beginning...yeah thats it....no more exploits or boring leveling, lets just have everyone capped!

And someone want to explain to me how the Exploit fix somehow fooked up ONE server out of FIVE? Cause that one just boogles my mind o_O

tiikeri
16-06-04, 06:00
If you don't think taping your mouse down for 2 days and capping dex is an exploit then....

No, if we speak about monks capping monks DEX. (so fucking awful..)

But if spy/pe - yes.. its too easy to cap em with repairing.

greploco
16-06-04, 06:03
>>>But if spy/pe - yes.. its too easy to cap em with repairing.

not a chance, I repair as a skill, repairing real items. I get zippo xp, I havn't leveled dex since I started repairing

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 07:06
>>>But if spy/pe - yes.. its too easy to cap em with repairing.

not a chance, I repair as a skill, repairing real items. I get zippo xp, I havn't leveled dex since I started repairing
And you bought 1000's of nanites and taped your mouse button down in front of a vehicle for 2 days? You must not have if you're not capped. Repairing a few items here and there isn't really a valid comparison to what some ppl where doing.

And I could give a shit if Monks capped dex, what I give a shit about is Spies. I have leveled my spy for along ass time and I think it sux that some ppl exploited the game mechanics to level pretty damn fast....then have the balls to come here and complain about it getting nerfed :rolleyes: Sure you should get experience for repairing an already fully repaired vehicle :rolleyes:

seraphian
16-06-04, 07:07
BTW, I'm not saying that the saturn thing has anything to do with the fix, all I'm saying is that NC is not exactly batting .400 for this week, and the sheer amount of frustration is starting to get to me:

The termi drop is fucked, again, hours of work that dozens of people put in is going to waste.
Saturn, arguably one of the most popular servers in Neocron is fucked to hell and back.
They nerfed the only way that my Monk can gain dex XP, making it so that I will have a rank 30something APU with an agility in the single digits...

the saturn thing is what bugs me the most, because putting up with this kind of shit is unique to Neocron. (For example, no way in hell would Verant let EQ's 'rath server go down for 4 days, and they'd be doing secure GM restores on characters that got fucked.) and you know what, don't take this post the wrong way, because I'm going to keep on playing it for the good features it does have, but sometimes I feel like I'm putting up with a lot just because there's no better alternative.

please fix this stuff, KK, I LOVE Neocron, but I just want to be able to play in peace!

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 07:16
[QUOTE=seraphian]They nerfed the only way that my Monk can gain dex XP, making it so that I will have a rank 30something APU with an agility in the single digits...
[/e to QUOTE]
l got to level 32 dex on my monk pretty easily by building wp #10s at an OP then using those to recycle PSI booster 3's. I came away with 3 stacks of 249 PSI booster 3s and a shitload of Dex exp.

YoDa-UK
16-06-04, 10:53
Well i see as of this morning there is still no answer, and Saturn is STILL down.

I agree it is very strange that out of all 5 servers Saturn is the only one screwed up at this time, but do you think its odd that all this happens the same day they "fix" a exploit.

While we are on the subject, people saying it was a exploit, why coz KK didn't test it out properly on the TEST SERVER before adding it to retail? that they boosted all tradeskills XP and didn't realise this would happen? I'm just glad they didn't see fit to try and ban people for doing this, coz all hell would have broken loose, how many accounts would they have lost to banning people for it, for their own mistake?

Anyway still no answer about Saturn database or any other reason why that server is screwed the same time a fix goes in.

Genty
16-06-04, 12:44
While we are on the subject, people saying it was a exploit, why coz KK didn't test it out properly on the TEST SERVER before adding it to retail? that they boosted all tradeskills XP and didn't realise this would happen? I'm just glad they didn't see fit to try and ban people for doing this, coz all hell would have broken loose, how many accounts would they have lost to banning people for it, for their own mistake?

Whatever way you look at it...people taping their mouse down and constantly repairing a vehicle even if it is already fully repaired is using a bug to their own advantage. Which in my head is exploiting a bug in the game.

YoDa-UK
16-06-04, 13:01
ah no doubt it was a bug, but what im saying is KK let the bug onto retail coz they don't test things fully on test center and players don't really help there either, they just go there to try and find out the best setup/use of skills on their retails chars to get one up on other people before a patch hits.

Also that if this bug that KK let in and the fix they created has made saturn go nuts, then thats pretty damn screwed in my eyes.

Iorghe
16-06-04, 13:06
it's not the cause of the saturn crash, server is up and running again - thread closed