PDA

View Full Version : what the hell...

tomparadox
15-06-04, 21:31
ok, sometime after patch 198 - 200 somethings happend. Ill be playing NC, then all of a suden, no warning, no error msg, nuthing, NC jest turns off and im looking at the desktop, i check the prosses, not there, start bar isent showing it runing. it acts jest like iv hit alt f4 but i havent...

any idea what the hell is up with this O_o

Max Jefferson
15-06-04, 21:42
New streamlined FREs? Saving us the mouse click?

But seriously, sounds a lot like a bug I had a while back, do you happen to have and ATI card? and was num-lock switched on?

tomparadox
15-06-04, 21:52
im not fermilyear with all the card types, what is an ATI? lol...

my chard is a Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti 9000 something, with 128 MB gfx, and all that crap... yes numlock was on. but i never use that side of the keybord.

Max Jefferson
15-06-04, 22:21
ATI is a manufacturer of graphics cards, one of Nvidia's competitors. Me and a few other people have had a bug where if you had an ATI card and were using it's taskbar icon thing, Neocron would drop back to the desktop with no messages if you pressed certain keys with num-lock on.

This may or may not be your problem though, I'm not sure if Nvidia cards suffer from it. Try running Neocron without num-lock and see if that makes any difference.

If not, your best bet is to to email tech@neocron.com and tell them as much about the problem as you can, they usually respond quickly in my experience.

Good luck :)

Scikar
15-06-04, 22:23
Are you using TeamSpeak?

YoDa-UK
15-06-04, 22:24
Do you happen to use Teamspeak at all, and if so did it happen while you was running it ? in teamspeak option there you can disable key bindings, this is a problem that will do exactly what you have explained, but its easy to fix.

tomparadox
15-06-04, 23:10
i dont use Teamspeek or ventrillo or any of those, cant use them my headphones and mice are broken :/...

ATI is a manufacturer of graphics cards, one of Nvidia's competitors. Me and a few other people have had a bug where if you had an ATI card and were using it's taskbar icon thing, Neocron would drop back to the desktop with no messages if you pressed certain keys with num-lock on.

This may or may not be your problem though, I'm not sure if Nvidia cards suffer from it. Try running Neocron without num-lock and see if that makes any difference.

If not, your best bet is to to email tech@neocron.com and tell them as much about the problem as you can, they usually respond quickly in my experience.

Good luck :)
ok, ty i will try e-mailing them

yea accounts@neocron.com ( or however its spelled) replys quickly too..